ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
It therefore makes sense from DPC's point of view that it only has to create the graphics once, but can program two branches.
there you again with being off the rail :ROFLMAO: . How could you claim whats makes sense or not to DPC, are you him in disguise ? :ROFLMAO:

• Angry
Reactions: dalli_x

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I dunno if that logic works for DPC. From what we've heard about him, I get the idea that his vision takes priority over how easy it would be. If its more work and takes more time, then thats what it will take.

Its also a really easy logic trap to justify whatever theory you want instead of actually justifying it.
And whether this logic works. He has already done it several times. You should also keep in mind that DPC in EP7 predicted a bunch of branching. Now think about what kind of work that would be to create a complete image tape for each branch. If that were so, in my opinion the update would not come on 23.04.2021. I do not say that it is so. I can only imagine it and I like to be surprised by the opposite.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
And whether this logic works. He has already done it several times. You should also keep in mind that DPC in EP7 predicted a bunch of branching. Now think about what kind of work that would be to create a complete image tape for each branch. If that were so, in my opinion the update would not come on 23.04.2021. I do not say that it is so. I can only imagine it and I like to be surprised by the opposite.
But... he DID do it, according to the updates, iirc. (maybe I'm misremembering) And it IS coming out on April 23rd...

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
there you again with being off the rail :ROFLMAO: . How could you claim whats makes sense or not to DPC, are you him in disguise ? :ROFLMAO:
Not that, but I have 20 years of experience in creating 3D graphics. I have worked with Poser, Daz3D, Blender, Maya, 3DMax and Gimp.
I have also taken a course in Python programming.

Therefore I know what it takes for work. Whether DPC does it in the end or not I don't know of course. But I did not write that I know. I only said that it would make sense. (could)

• Angry
Reactions: ChipLecsap

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Exactly. Its getting annoying to have the idiocy called out every time someone mentions the loan. It HAS to be mentioned when discussing the Maya plot and how it might move forward.
if you gave up too, it means that it was really indefensible. :p :ROFLMAO:
So, she was dumb enough to get tricked but smart enough to know she had been tricked?
I've just concocted a little story in my head to help me sleep better at night. I goes like this:

The dad helps both twins take out student loans. Tells them, "I'll cosign for you, since you each haven't got a decent credit rating yet." They're like, "Cool dad, we always thought you were an asshole, but this is really great, you helping us out for our future and all, not many parents do that, very big of you!".

But instead of getting a loan made out to the school (at least for Maya), the dad does a sneaky and organizes a cash loan for Maya, and places the money in an account made out to him (for safe keeping). Maya thinks nothing of it because she's really just a ditsy kid, until he raises his ultimatum.

"Ok, you cunt munching dyke (forgive me God for the harsh language, but my daughter hath so sinnethed), you're now a fuckload in debt, and I control the cash. You need to stop seeing this Josy Jezebel (Revelation 2:20) or God help me (and I pray to him every day so I know he will), I will not give you access to this money, leaving you no money for college, and deeply in debt. I will ruin your entire future and laugh, haha! Do you hear me Bitch!

To which their mother (Nora it seems) tries to chime in, "But honey, as the cosigner, aren't you ultimately responsible..." but she is harshly rebuked by the father, "Silence bitch! Do you need another lesson from my belt? I am trying to save our daughter's soul here, and you would see her cast into the eternal fires of Hell!?"

Nora then mumbles under her breath, "Fuck you asshole, I'm off to MacAllens to get fucked like you never could fuck me..." Hearing his wife muttering the father bellows, "What are you saying there you whore!? So help me I will whip you unto an inch of your life".

Witnessing all of this, the twins turn to each other and Maya speaks, "What was Mom saying about the responsibility of the loan?" to which Derek ponders, "Fucked if I know, and it looks like you're fucked too." Then they hug each other and start reciting their mantra, "Always and ever."

Seeing the twins reciting some pagan passage, the father responds, "That doesn't sound like the the Our Father to me! Get on your knees now family!" Nora perks up a bit, "Oooh, I like where this is going..." but the father dashes her hopes, "and pray you brazzen harlot! Lord give me the strength to endure this family and bring them to the gates of Heaven!

Then they all take a bow, the curtain draws and the audience goes wild!

See, it doesn't take much to make sense of the whole co-signed loan thing, just a little imagination. :giggle:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I've just concocted a little story in my head to help me sleep better at night. I goes like this:

The dad helps both twins take out student loans. Tells them, "I'll cosign for you, since you each haven't got a decent credit rating yet." They're like, "Cool dad, we always thought you were an asshole, but this is really great, you helping us out for our future and all, not many parents do that, very big of you!".

But instead of getting a loan made out to the school (at least for Maya), the dad does a sneaky and organizes a cash loan for Maya, and places the money in an account made out to him (for safe keeping). Maya thinks nothing of it because she's really just a ditsy kid, until he raises his ultimatum.

"Ok, you cunt munching dyke (forgive me God for the harsh language, but my daughter hath so sinnethed), you're now a fuckload in debt, and I control the cash. You need to stop seeing this Josy Jezebel (Revelation 2:20) or God help me (and I pray to him every day so I know he will), I will not give you access to this money, leaving you no money for college, and deeply in debt. I will ruin your entire future and laugh, haha! Do you hear me Bitch!

To which their mother (Nora it seems) tries to chime in, "But honey, as the cosigner, aren't you ultimately responsible..." but she is harshly rebuked by the father, "Silence bitch! Do you need another lesson from my belt? I am trying to save our daughter's soul here and you would see her cast into the eternal fires of Hell!?"

Nora then mumbles under her breath, "Fuck you asshole, I'm off to MacAllens to get fucked like you never could fuck me..." Hearing his wife muttering the father bellows, "What are you saying their you whore!? So help me I will whip you unto an inch of your life".

Witnessing all of this, the twins turn to each other and Maya speaks, "What was Mom saying about the responsibility of the loan?" to which Derek ponders, "Fucked if I know, and it looks like you're fucked too." Then they hug each other and start reciting their mantra, "Always and ever."

Seeing the twins reciting some pagan passage, the father responds, "That doesn't sound like the the Our Father to me! Get on your knees now family!" Nora perks up a bit, "Oooh, I like where this is going..." but the father dashes her hopes, "and pray you brazzen harlot! Lord give me the strength to endure this family and bring them to the gates of Heaven!

See, it doesn't take much to make sense of the whole co-signed loan thing, just a little imagination. :giggle:
I knew you were faking it...

It was easy to draw you out.:confused: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: shazba

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
But I did not write that.
"It therefore makes sense from DPC's point of view"..

the could or would , words are missing. therefore what you said has different meaning :p.
It's nice you have experience, congratulation. also DPC is not you. another pointless argument from you, but I still like you :).

• Angry

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020

To which their mother (Nora it seems) tries to chime in, "But honey, as the cosigner, aren't you ultimately responsible..." but she is harshly rebuked by the father, "Silence bitch! Do you need another lesson from my belt? I am trying to save our daughter's soul here, and you would see her cast into the eternal fires of Hell!?"

Nora then mumbles under her breath, "Fuck you asshole, I'm off to MacAllens to get fucked like you never could fuck me..." Hearing his wife muttering the father bellows, "What are you saying there you whore!? So help me I will whip you unto an inch of your life".

Best post in the whole Maya discussions so far. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: shazba and dalli_x

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017

That I may experience this. Shazba with a story. Keep it up.(y)

• Haha
Reactions: shazba

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
  • Angry

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
godkingxerxes
What makes you think Lynette is even still alive?
It's just his religion, and like all religions, it's based on faith without a shred of evidence. :p
You gotta start using emotes or something. The number of times you post something, get a harsh response, and "its a joke" is getting ridiculous.
Unless you're going for the deadpan delivery, but that's always a risky move... :cool:
Think we'll get another topless Lynette flashback in ep. 7...or even worse (better?), a scene of Neil and Lynette procreating? DPC seems like just the sort to show us MC's own conception in a fever dream. :eek:
I have to say, that was a strange decision to include a topless Lynette in the flashback. I expect it was done for audience titillation, but it so felt like young Fuckface was doing some Freudian musings. Who can dream what down and dirty details demand depicting from the next diary diatribe. I imagine Lynette has more to give...
The question on this issue is whether it was Cathe who resigned, because she no longer feels comfortable at BR, or whether the school or Burke directly pressured her to leave.

In the second hypothesis I'm pretty sure she'll stay at least for the duration of BADIK, so 10 years.... if it was her choice I'd have some doubts.
Having replayed the game recently, I think Cathy just resigned because of the cluck. She maintained her dignity, but the shit clearly wasn't going away, thanks to the jocks. I don't really see any reason for Burke to pressure her to leave.
I am primarily assuming that Cathy is leaving because of the Cluck.

But we know too little to completely rule out Burke.
Agreed. If Cathy has at least ten years of service to the college then she is probably a tenured professor. That in turn means it is very difficult to oust her unless she has done something truly egregious and the school has damning evidence against her. I hardly think having her nude photo taken without her permission and released on the internet makes her the bad guy. On the contrary, she is the victim in this case. I fully believe she decided to leave (at least for now) on her own. Burke can't force her to leave simply because of bad press to the institution.
I think something else went down other than the Cathy Cluck that led her to throw in the towel. When we overhear Cathy and Jade talking in the bar, the mc assumes they are talking about the Cluck, but even he's surprised

mc "(Fuck... I thought she'd stay strong.)"​

I think it's because something else is afoot.

The whole conversation between Jade and Cathy strikes me as nothing to do with the Cluck, and more to do with a transgression that involves them both (and possibly Stephen):

Cathy: "I need another drink."​
Jade: "Do you really?"​
Cathy: "Why are you so mad with me?"​
Jade: "I'm not mad with you. I was upset, but I'm over it."​
Cathy: "I didn't know before going there."​
Jade: "I know and it doesn't matter. None of that matters now."​
Cathy: "You hate me."​
Jade: "I love you. And I'll support you, even though this is the worst thing that has happened in a very long time."​
Cathy: "You're my best friend."​
Jade: "And you're mine."​
Jade: "Maybe you shouldn't drink more."​

Why would Jade be "mad" or "upset" and now "over" the Cathy Cluck? It has nothing to do with Jade. Either she's bringing up the issue where Stephen mentioned Cathy's name in bed, or something else has happened since, and this has made Cathy feel worse (either awkward with Stephen, or Jade or both) and she feels leaving is the best option.
I'm not entirely sure Burke has that level of power, we know from the Jade scene he bought his honorary professor degree. So he could be an administrator at B&R and got the professor degree to boast his credibility or he's just a teacher like Jade and Cathy with no additional power.

It seemed like in the meeting after Chad assaulted the MC, the three were on somewhat equal footing with Burke being maybe a bit more important but not levels above the other two.
I got the impression Burke was and is fully in charge and the other two deferred to him...much to the annoyance of Jade because, as you said, she earned her titles whereas he bought them.
In the biographies, it states that Stephen is a (honorary) Professor of Economics and teaches several business classes, but in that Chad disciplinary scene, he seemed to be the highest ranking staff member in the room.

Okay ... I have a solution to the student loan co-signing screw up, DPC is allowed a screw up here and there so lets figure out how it COULD (!!!) have worked.

So Maya and Derek beeing twins and their dad, knowing there is no way in hell he'll be able to save up 500k in 18 years for both of em, started 2 funds, both of them beeing paid out when maya/derek turn 18, and lets assume each of them worth 100k.

Now since the dad apparently found out about maya and josy before maya even went to college, he approached her, told her its best if she co-signes the money, which maya was supposed to use to lower her student loan, using some bs reason, that any naive and easily impressionable 17-18 year old girl would buy, especially coming from her own dad.

So now her dad co-owns the 100k, put a stop on any withdrawals and thus making her short 100k.

Its the only way that I can think of on how to save that whole co-signing disaster :D
The deal with cosigning a loan is you become a guarantor of it being repaid, but you don't get ownership of the funds nor whatever they are being spend on.

A co-borrower would be half owning the loan and half owning what the loan was being spent on (like a car or whatever - doesn't really make the same sense for tuition), but the dad isn't a co-borrower, he's a co-signer, or guarantor. he gets nothing, just the responsibility to make sure Maya repays or else he has to repay.

It's telling how that rat Dawe talked about big game about Cathy outside the classroom, but when B&R's new ice queen walked into class, he didn't have shit to say. He really needs a right proper beat down, if for nothing else than the way he treated Cathy from day 1. I still can't believe he threw a coda of cola at her head and didn't go to jail.
Yeah, Dawe deserves more than just a bit of fisticuffs, he needs to be hurt! :mad:
Why would Neil give the MC his mother's diary if he was concerned about what she wrote in it? :unsure:
fair point. But even when he talk about Lynette in the beginning of the game, his memories are drifting away. "She followed me a week after I left, no it was 2 week, or whatever, She came after me thats what matter."
There are probably things He does not know about Her , but He seem to be a decent person. from the conversation we had with him from the text message, He did not read and open anything because it was meant for his son .
If Neil isn't the father and Neil knows that, then that's something he wouldn't forget (unless he's going senile which I don't believe was the implication) in which case he'd be cautious of handing the diary over without checking it first. If he doesn't know he's not the father, then obviously he's not aware that there's anything to hide.

I can't subscribe to the "Neil is not mc's dad" theory though. Lynette ran away from home (and money) to join Neil. She's very unlikely to do that and then cheat on him shortly afterwards.

I think Neil and Lynette are genuinely the mc's parents. She just died after giving birth and that's already enough drama right there.

No, I don't think that would happen. I'm agree with the other folks here. It would feel unnatural, forced for everybody else who are not in to them. Just because in the narrative MC is friend with them , Why would DPC force the player to a scenario, where their MC need to pose as a boyfriend for a girl that they not even interested in. MC will have a chance to help her, but not in a way like this. This only make sense for those who are in the Maya path, and nobody else.
Imagine you ask a girl out, she says no, then she later says, "Hey, can you do me a favor, can you pretend to be my boyfriend while I'm with someone else?"

That sounds so humiliating...

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
and I already responded to that, and you just repeat the same shit. and Stop giving me facepalm. :p :ROFLMAO:. once again you take away something out of thin air that only makes sense for you, that's how you backup your claims and theories and expect us to just accept your opinion. and when you challenged you act mean.:p:ROFLMAO:
If you haven't read the text properly from the beginning or are incapable of doing so, I can't help it. Keep posting Josy and be happy about it. Your pointless attempts to insult me are just annoying and nothing more. Go ahead or don't do it. I do not care. I will simply ignore you.:sleep:

• Sad

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
It's just his religion, and like all religions, it's based on faith without a shred of evidence. :p

Unless you're going for the deadpan delivery, but that's always a risky move... :cool:

I have to say, that was a strange decision to include a topless Lynette in the flashback. I expect it was done for audience titillation, but it so felt like young Fuckface was doing some Freudian musings. Who can dream what down and dirty details demand depicting from the next diary diatribe. I imagine Lynette has more to give...

I think something else went down other than the Cathy Cluck that led her to throw in the towel. When we overhear Cathy and jade talking in the bar, the mc assumes they are talking about the Cluck, but even he's surprised

The whole conversation between jade and Cathy strikes me as nothing to do with the Cluck, and more to do with a transgression that involves them both (and possibly Stephen):

Jade: "I love you. And I'll support you, even though this is the worst thing that has happened in a very long time."​

Why would Jade be "mad" or "upset" and now "over" the Cathy Cluck? It has nothing to do with Jade. Either she's bringing up the issue where Stephen mentioned Cathy's name in bed, or something else has happened since, and this has made Cathy feel worse (either awkward with Stephen, or Jade or both) and she feels leaving is the best option.

In the biographies, it states that Stephen is a (honorary) Professor of Economics and teaches several business classes, but in that Chad disciplinary scene, he seemed to be the highest ranking staff member in the room.

The deal with cosigning a loan is you become a guarantor of it being repaid, but you don't get ownership of the funds nor whatever they are being spend on.

A co-borrower would be half owning the loan and half owning what the loan was being spent on (like a car or whatever - doesn't really make the same sense for tuition), but the dad isn't a co-borrower, he's a co-signer, or guarantor. he gets nothing, just the responsibility to make sure Maya repays or else he has to repay.

Yeah, Dawe deserves more than just a bit of fisticuffs, he needs to be hurt! :mad:

If Neil isn't the father and Neil knows that, then that's something he wouldn't forget (unless he's going senile which I don't believe was the implication) in which case he'd be cautious of handing the diary over without checking it first. If he doesn't know he's not the father, then obviously he's not aware that there's anything to hide.

I can't subscribe to the "Neil is not mc's dad" theory though. Lynette ran away from home (and money) to join Neil. She's very unlikely to do that and then cheat on him shortly afterwards.

I think Neil and Lynette are genuinely the mc's parents. She just died after giving birth and that's already enough drama right there.

Imagine you ask a girl out, she says no, then she later says, "Hey, can you do me a favor, can you pretend to be my boyfriend while I'm with someone else?"

That sounds so humiliating...
On Cathy and Jade's talk at the bar. I was thinking that maybe Cathy went over to Stephen to hand in her resignation. Stephen, having already seen the Jade video, tries to sleep with her. (the epilogue is him watching it again) Then Jade walks in on them. Shitstorm ensues.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I think something else went down other than the Cathy Cluck that led her to throw in the towel. When we overhear Cathy and jade talking in the bar, the mc assumes they are talking about the Cluck, but even he's surprised

The whole conversation between jade and Cathy strikes me as nothing to do with the Cluck, and more to do with a transgression that involves them both (and possibly Stephen):

I also think that conversation is quite ambiguous, it could refer to many things, although the simplest explanation is that Jade could be angry that Cathe, her "best" friend, resigned without talking to her first, confronting her with a done deal.

but in these cases I think it's the fact of being an English speaker that counts in understanding certain nuances.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
On Cathy and Jade's talk at the bar. I was thinking that maybe Cathy went over to Stephen to hand in her resignation. Stephen, having already seen the Jade video, tries to sleep with her. (the epilogue is him watching it again) Then Jade walks in on them. Shitstorm ensues.
I also think that conversation is quite ambiguous, it could refer to many things, although the simplest explanation is that Jade could be angry that Cathe, her "best" friend, resigned without talking to her first, confronting her with a done deal.

but in these cases I think it's the fact of being an English speaker that counts in understanding certain nuances.
Both sound very plausible.

Some key sentences:

Where did she go and what didn't she know? I feel she went to meet someone (from Swyper) only to find out, once she got there, it was Stephen. Yeah, I know, big stretch.

"The worst thing to happen in a very long time"? Worse than all the students her husband is sleeping with? Him sleeping with her best friend would be worse than that...

This one is definitely fucking intriguing... :unsure:

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes