Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
Depends what you consider filler.

Cause to me, every part is story content.
Dungeons and Goblins sure does contribute a lot to the plot, doesn't it ? Or the way Maya dragged the reveal of something we knew already and we were supposed to be suprised/shocked.
I could keep going, but the main point is that a lot of the story lines have been artificially dragged out and pumped full with buckets of unnecessary drama.
Of course that has positives for DPC, because forced or not, drama generates emotional reactions from players, which keeps the game popular, regardless if their reactions are positive or negative. Just look at the size of this thread. For all it's popularity this is not really the best game on the site. But as long as it doesn't create apathy, DPC would have Jill pregnant by Tybalt and loving it.

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022

Don't forget to have your picture taken! Seriously! Don't miss out on the perfect memento of the night. Or else I'll have to shoot you!

FbPczwXWQAA2-9Y.jpg

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

Don't forget to have your picture taken! Seriously! Don't miss out on the perfect memento of the night. Or else I'll have to shoot you!

View attachment 2009907
as much Heather was more beautiful than usual in her costume as Elena was ugly....

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I don't think that's really it. Almost every character is built from a stereotype in this game, it's an easy way to fast track character building, but each character has evolved from these base stereotypes.

Maya's not a bad person, but she has some characteristics that some people find too annoying:
  • She makes everything into a drama.
  • She's often self obsessed to the detriment of her friends (Josy often feels hurt by her).
  • She is a hypocrite (she admitted to it).
  • She's got dodgy skin (ew).
  • She expects others to solve her problems.
  • She's looking for the easy way out.
  • She misled the mc about her relationship situation.
Just being a drama queen is enough to put people off. Personally I don't think her mistaking her sexual identity as a lesbian as a significant reason why people don't care about her.

Jill is a different story. She actually comes across as a lovely person, but she also has flaws:
  • She's stubborn, admittedly so.
  • She decides she knows what's best for people and goes over their heads to resolve things.
  • She's naïve as fuck but still thinks she knows stuff
  • Her naivety sometimes borders on stupidity.
  • She has a horrible looking face at times (but angelic at other times)
  • Her public dumping of the mc (who didn't deserve the public humiliation, unlike Tybalt), has cost her some serious points.
I don't think her being a virgin has particularly made anyone not like her. Although we suspected it for a long time, she only recently confirmed to the mc that it was true, and we've solved that now. :sneaky:

And with Quinn, there are definitely people who dislike her, and not because of the stereotype, but because of exactly who she is:
  • A drug dealer
  • A pimp
  • A cunt
But yeah, she has her fans because she's interesting, and it's fun to break her.

But anyway all these traits make these girls all the more human. Each main girl, and even a lot of the side characters, are more than just clichés, they have their own stories, their own issues, their good points and bad points. It's the fact that they aren't just simple stereotypes that makes them more confronting for some players.

A lot of these AVNs play to stereotypes, but they don't delve deeper. The bad girl says mean shit until she's tastes the mc's cock and suddenly she's putty in his hands, she doesn't continue to make mistakes and fuck her own life up. The girl next door is just sugar and spice and all things that want to make you throw up. You never get an insight into how she feels (other than how she feels about the mc's cock). The MILF teacher exists just to have a relationship with the mc, we don't know or care about her life. And so on. The characters exist to serve the mc. Once you've won them over, they all devolve into an empty shell.

That's one of the best things about BaDIK, each character has their own agency (not excessively though, this is still the mc's story), and they fuck up, just like real people. They don't exist for the mc, they exist with him, and you get to weigh up whether you like them or not. And even if they do fall for the mc, they still continue to exist for themselves too.

My personal preference (since I haven't seen listings for a while):
  1. Quinn: Even if she isn't an official mail LI, she's my favourite. It's not that I actually like her personality, but I enjoy the story with her the most. Watching her falling for the mc, breaking down her barriers and her behaving counter to her typical self, it's definitely enjoyable.
  2. Sage: She seems like the most fun person of all the characters. Early scenes with her were the best, having suffered through a breakup has had her down for a while, and I'm not loving how desperate she became for the mc once the breakup was official, so hopefully episode 9 puts things better with her. But is she a DIK or a Chick kinda girl?
  3. Josy: Unfortunately for Josy, she hasn't really managed to escape the shallow "girl next door" stereotype yet, she's the least developed of all the LIs, but I still find her to be pretty cool. If there ends up being a solo route with her, and she gets more exposure, she could jump up in my rankings. We do know a lot of things about her, but it'd be nice to know more. Oh, and she's very cute. :giggle:
  4. Jill: I don't mind any of Jill's faults really, just didn't like the way she dumped the mc at the restaurant, she could have been more subtle and done it in private. Her being a virgin was handled well enough, her self consciousness was handled OK, and she over came that which is good. Hopefully she becomes a little more active in the sack, but for a first time she did well.
  5. Maya: I honestly find her kinda boring, there are some fun scenes with her, but mostly she's caught up in her own bullshit.
  6. Bella: She's the one LI I don't really give a shit about. I've played her route for completion purposes, but ultimately I find her to be insufferably unpleasant, and if I was the mc I would never have bothered to get to know her. Sure once you get past the Ice Queen exterior she's a caring person, but the age discrepancy between them is too much for me, and the authority dynamic (she usually acts superior to him) is not to my taste.
First, a correction. Maya does not admit that she is a hypocrite, only that she would be a hypocrite if she thought Derek was a radical but did not listen to his point of view.

I agree with you on one point. I don't give a crap about Isabella either.

I don't find Quinn's story interesting either because she won't let go of her criminal shit despite her affection for the MC. She will take the MC down with her. Saying in court that he had the wrong friends doesn't count. The only thing I care about Quinn is what her downfall will be. Fear of a CHICK MC she has already shown in EP8 after all.

Sage is cool. But I think she needs a good friend first, not a boyfriend. When Sage finds out about Quinn's activities, she needs a good friend who will stand by her consistently and not let her escape reality with a quick fuck.

Jill doesn't interest me. She's so unself-reliant that she's boring to me.

Josy and Maya are both "the girls next door". The MC himself is the nice guy next door. Only, unlike Maya, Josy doesn't have much of a problem. But Maya's problem, realistic or not, feels very real to me personally. The nice thing about the three of them is that they all explore the world together. I'm interested in this journey.

Reactions: ScR3d and shazba

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

View attachment 2009907
We need to bang Elena :cool:

NinjaHanzo

Aug 18, 2020
Is there some more sexual interaction with Heather?

The jacuzzi scene was pretty hot, and yeah, she is kind of a bitchy character but she is also hot as hell.

mpa71

Dec 18, 2017

View attachment 2009907
summertime-water-guns-00-main-daz3d.jpg Looks like we could have some water fun or alcoholic shoots action at the party

Statistically, we have hit the maximum of Preview ever show with 16;
Historically we could have 2 to 5 more Roosters before hit maximum

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017

View attachment 2009907
Elena looks really hot. :love:

The green photo wall is in the MC's room. There, where his sofa is. I wonder if the MC will grant Elena and John a special wish. If Jacob doesn't want to paint them having sex, the MC can photograph Elena and John having sex.:cool:

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Was DPC right about the previews revealing more than he would like?:rolleyes:

Sage says to Maya at the end of EP7 that she can have it all, even if she stays here.

What if they set a trap for Patrick. There have already been hints that Maya could be living with MC. Now we have a green screen in MC's room. We have a special render set of Sage where MC is in a city with Sage and also having her picture taken in bed. At one point there was also talk of an exchange student.

What if, with the help of Sage's parents, it is pretended that Maya and the MC were chosen as exchange students for a college in Europe, but in reality they stay in the DIK mansion. They take pictures together in front of the greescreen and send them to Patrick. He would then have no reason to go to college and would be happy that his daughter finally has a boyfriend. The whole thing takes some time, but after that Patrick would probably be completely convinced.

TuffyTenToes

Aug 11, 2019

View attachment 2009907
I hope Elena is getting spit roasted on Halloween, JB and MC's dicks will touch once or twice but it will be worth it.

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Was DPC right about the previews revealing more than he would like?:rolleyes:

Sage says to Maya at the end of EP7 that she can have it all, even if she stays here.

What if they set a trap for Patrick. There have already been hints that Maya could be living with MC. Now we have a green screen in MC's room. We have a special render set of Sage where MC is in a city with Sage and also having her picture taken in bed. At one point there was also talk of an exchange student.

What if, with the help of Sage's parents, it is pretended that Maya and the MC were chosen as exchange students for a college in Europe, but in reality they stay in the DIK mansion. They take pictures together in front of the greescreen and send them to Patrick. He would then have no reason to go to college and would be happy that his daughter finally has a boyfriend. The whole thing takes some time, but after that Patrick would probably be completely convinced.
Maybe.

But Patrick seems crazy enough to put a locator in Maya's panties.

Also, while I never failed the DIK mansion repair, doesn't Rusty sell his car to Patrick if we do fail ?

Wouldn't even be surprised to learn at some point he decided to spy on MC because he was Maya's roommate, and saw he was living in that mansion.

• Haha
Reactions: dalli_x

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Maybe.

But Patrick seems crazy enough to put a locator in Maya's panties.

Also, while I never failed the DIK mansion repair, doesn't Rusty sell his car to Patrick if we do fail ?

Wouldn't even be surprised to learn at some point he decided to spy on MC because he was Maya's roommate, and saw he was living in that mansion.
Rusty will sell his car only if the MC fails in repairing the mansion.

I figure so Tommy will leave the DIK mansion one way or another. Who gets the room from Tommy? Derek likes the MC's room and Tommy's room is perfect to hide from Patrick.

But let's be surprised.

Reactions: shazba and Sasanid

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Rusty will sell his car only if the MC fails in repairing the mansion.

I figure so Tommy will leave the DIK mansion one way or another. Who gets the room from Tommy? Derek likes the MC's room and Tommy's room is perfect to hide from Patrick.

But let's be surprised.
Surprise is inevitable.

DPC embodies 'expect the unexpected' pretty well, and I love it.

But there's bound to be a theory or 2 to happen, even the craziest ones.

So let's keep speculating in the meanwhile :LOL:

Reactions: dalli_x
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes