Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Must be an issue from the vanilla unmodded game then. Figured it out, I recreated the error. It happens if you complete the task of checking MC's desk last. Did it twice to make sure.
With that kind of info I'm certain I can fix the dev's code. I'll take a look bud. Thanks for taking the time to analyze.

Reactions: Maxiom

LoGyMW

Nov 21, 2022
Sancho1969 Would it be possible to put in a cheat of some sort for the new brawler? It is way too fast now, even on lower difficulty and lowest fight i just can't get it done, its just way too fast for me. Previous brawler was perfect, why he made it this fast now i will never know

Thislastusername

Mar 25, 2021
Is the SanchoNote for the Patrick penalty to get the contracts suppose to say PatrcikPenalty(5-) or is it supposed to be PatrcikPenalty (-5)

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Hmmm... I actually tried the pencil multiple playthroughs and it never failed. All it does is make the instructions you click on be strikethrough text (so you can kinda mark off what you've done I guess).

Otherwise I eyeballed it like I did the other cheats I made for Ep10 and the Science Lab evaluation code was a bit more in-depth, I didn't want it to delay the initial mod update another few days.
fuck me sideways just now I realize you actually have to click on the lines to cross them out, I was expecting that to happen automatically as you completed a task, so I never even noticed the lines are clickable :ROFLMAO:

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
Sancho1969 Would it be possible to put in a cheat of some sort for the new brawler? It is way too fast now, even on lower difficulty and lowest fight i just can't get it done, its just way too fast for me. Previous brawler was perfect, why he made it this fast now i will never know
He is working on something already. The brawler have changed so he left it for the time being so he could get the main mod out for us. Think he will add the "auto attack button" like he had in S1 and S2. I speak under correction on that tho

Reactions: LoGyMW

LivingUnderARock

Nov 22, 2021
Sancho1969 I'm getting the message "Mod not installed correctly" in the lower left of the main menu screen.
I've installed a clean version 0.10.0 of the game (mac, including fixing the execute bits, a more common RenPy issue of late) and your mod - nothing else - and have confirmed that the mod files are in the correct location.
Any clues on what to look for?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning (0600hrs here waiting for coffee to finish brewing).
Let's get some pings addressed:

See post here for pending mod update tasks. Disco lights and Music player are done, cheats for the "big 3" will be next.

fuck me sideways just now I realize you actually have to click on the lines to cross them out, I was expecting that to happen automatically as you completed a task, so I never even noticed the lines are clickable :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: I honestly thought the same exact thing when I played it first... exactly.

Sancho1969 I'm getting the message "Mod not installed correctly" in the lower left of the main menu screen.
I've installed a clean version 0.10.0 of the game (mac, including fixing the execute bits, a more common RenPy issue of late) and your mod - nothing else - and have confirmed that the mod files are in the correct location.
Any clues on what to look for?
See post here and do exactly that for Win/Mac/Linux and report back please.

when i open music in the main menu i get this
You don't have the current mod installed correctly. Otherwise the pending Maintenance Update I will push today overhauls the dev's music player to work correctly with or without my OG music mod and fixes "Favorites" not saving. If you are playing unmodded then DL the latest SaveFixer in the OP and that will fix it while SanchoMod is NOT installed in the VN.

• Haha
Reactions: LoGyMW and Elduriel

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
when i open music in the main menu i get this
View attachment 3171908
I had this problem too. The cause could be a few different issues.

1) I had this error when I played using the update patch rather than getting the full Episode 10.
2) Used a save from Interlude/Episode 9, rather than start fresh again from Interlude/Episode 9.
(The phone stats now has that new history tracker tab that wasn't there in the last update.)
3) I used the Save Fixer before it was updated.

Also gave me an error screen at the end of Episode 9, when turning down Lily/Nicole or Sarah/Melanie on the Others Path, during the last freeroam.

Those issues were gone when I started from the Interlude/Ep9 fresh with a full Episode 10 install. Deleted all Season 3's previous saves and persistent files before starting fresh.

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
One small suggestion for auto A+ class cheats. Would it be possible to add an option to get the A+ with the +dik point the game normally gives you for cheating?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Deleted all Season 3's previous saves and persistent files before starting fresh.
Yeah, don't do that folks... I'm certain I have it all sorted and the update will be pushed today, so be patient before smoking your persistent. If you do though, please make a backup of the file first... just in case you change your mind.

Considering I now have the dev's code of the MusicPlayer's features actually working correctly (better than unmodded), just give me a bit as I might be on a breakthrough with the Brawler mini-game.

One small suggestion for auto A+ class cheats. Would it be possible to add an option to get the A+ with the +dik point the game normally gives you for cheating?
Well, that's a whole different cheat considering most folks just want the cheat to work as if they had resolved Class Tests on their own. If you want it that way why not just simply use the VN's cheat normally like you are seeking?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I made an outline for the new Brawler.

I might, just might have a solution for "Auto Smash" which I'll start physically coding and testing in just a bit.

It's a rather simple Eureka idea I have so it likely won't work... but it's worth a shot. If it does, say goodnight to every opponent in the Brawler story with a press of a button. If it doesn't I'll push the Maintenance Update out with the Music Player and DiscoLights fixes then go back to the drawing board with Brawler.

Like I mentioned yesterday, I have 2 other VN's (one in beta, one is actually released but not leaked public yet) that I must start work on by tomorrow at the latest to meet next week's deadlines. There's going to be a shitload of VN drops right before Christmas holidays.

Note to self: Restrain how many of your mods you release public, there's only so many hours in a day.

Enough banter from me, time to get my Brawler hat on...

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
I made an outline for the new Brawler.

I might, just might have a solution for "Auto Smash" which I'll start physically coding and testing in just a bit.

It's a rather simple Eureka idea I have so it likely won't work... but it's worth a shot. If it does, say goodnight to every opponent in the Brawler story with a press of a button. If it doesn't I'll push the Maintenance Update out with the Music Player and DiscoLights fixes then go back to the drawing board with Brawler.

Like I mentioned yesterday, I have 2 other VN's (one in beta, one is actually released but not leaked public yet) that I must start work on by tomorrow at the latest to meet next week's deadlines. There's going to be a shitload of VN drops right before Christmas holidays.

Note to self: Restrain how many of your mods you release public, there's only so many hours in a day.

Enough banter from me, time to get my Brawler hat on...
You will be my hero if you get that sorted. I cannot beat anyone lol

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoNote

You've asked for a hero.
You've wondered if it's possible to be an MMA master.
Well, how 'bout this little ditty?

Choose whether the Brawler "AutoSmash" is visible or not, and select the Brawler difficulty at anytime and in real-time:
BaD SM B17b00.jpg

Press the "AutoSmash" if desired (it's not mandatory of course):
BaD SM B17b01.jpg BaD SM B17b03.jpg BaD SM B17b05.jpg

Smash!:
BaD SM B17b02.jpg BaD SM B17b04.jpg BaD SM B17b06.jpg

... GOAT

Coming via Maintenance Update 12/14/2023.

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
SanchoNote

You've asked for a hero.
You've wondered if it's possible to be an MMA master.
Well, how 'bout this little ditty?

Choose whether the Brawler "AutoSmash" is visible or not, and select the Brawler difficulty at anytime and in real-time:
View attachment 3172483

Press the "AutoSmash" if desired (it's not mandatory of course):
View attachment 3172484 View attachment 3172486 View attachment 3172488

Smash!:
View attachment 3172485 View attachment 3172487 View attachment 3172489

... GOAT

Coming via Maintenance Update 12/14/2023.
We need an 'Auto' mode for science class. Man, what a shit class. I don't know if you've already done it and will come in a future update, I haven't read your old posts. I'm just stopping by to thank you for the mod, I could only finish Ep.10 today and your mod was perfect, I didn't find any flaws. Thank you again.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes