Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
the chemistry shit could use a quick win button, not that's it's hard or anything, it's just basically following instructions, but there are enough timesinks in the game already (plus with the time boost you can buy it's a non-issue... the pencil boost doesn't seem to work for me, even if I buy it it doesn't do anything) . With the fish game I did the same as you.
Hmmm... I actually tried the pencil multiple playthroughs and it never failed. All it does is make the instructions you click on be strikethrough text (so you can kinda mark off what you've done I guess).

Otherwise I eyeballed it like I did the other cheats I made for Ep10 and the Science Lab evaluation code was a bit more in-depth, I didn't want it to delay the initial mod update another few days.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Hmmm... I actually tried the pencil multiple playthroughs and it never failed. All it does is make the instructions you click on be strikethrough text (so you can kinda mark off what you've done I guess).

Otherwise I eyeballed it like I did the other cheats I made for Ep10 and the Science Lab evaluation code was a bit more in-depth, I didn't want it to delay the initial mod update another few days.
I did like 5 runs today with your mod, bought the pencil each time but it never crossed out any lines for me, not sure why. But it's a minor thing, thankfully I don't have the memory of a goldfish so it's relatively easy to keep track of where I am in the process.

• Haha
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Was curious to how you handled that for those that opted for the SanchoSplit option.
... well I don't recall doing anything for it. I'll look real quick once I'm done with the MusicPlayer mod update code (I'm rewriting it so that favorites will work for you).

For that particular split the correct way for me to resolve would be to make a sub-choice in that Ep7 SanchoSplit so that the Player has to elect their favored LI like I have in other mods. That's the problem of not knowing the future with in-game cheats and why I always put the disclaimer in them... their may always be small consequences and in this case it sounds like Josy-lovers have to endure Maya :ROFLMAO:. I'll see what I can do... like update E10's mod to ask which is their preferred before that conditional fires off. That's easier than having folks have to replay shit from E7+ and makes the most sense (shooting from the hip).

Reactions: Maxiom

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I did like 5 runs today with your mod, bought the pencil each time but it never crossed out any lines for me, not sure why. But it's a minor thing, thankfully I don't have the memory of a goldfish so it's relatively easy to keep track of where I am in the process.
That's really odd. I swear to you I bought that damn pencil at least 6 times yesterday and tried it each time for shits and giggles. The mod doesn't alter any of that code at all so that's what is even more odd... you don't have issues seeing strikethrough text within the mod's ChoiceGuide when appears, do you? (just curious)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoNote

Important for the future

I've updated the SaveFixer file in the OP. If you are sporting an old version do NOT forget to re-DL the new one please.

While sorting the little issues with the VN's Music Player versus the OG Music mod I have elected to have the VN rebuild the music list in the persistent file if the OG music mod doesn't exist (meaning you haven't manually replaced your "music_ep1" files. This is the safest thing to do so the VN's data doesn't get itself any more confused than it already is. The Music Player and it's original features are simply wonky and I don't trust them now or in the future, so having the VN rebuild the music list per VN start is the smartest play here imho. This will lengthen loading times just a bit when using the SaveFixer but nothing serious (maybe 2-5 seconds).

That's it. Just know it's a thing.
I'll likely be updating the SaveFixer later today again once I resolve the Music "Favorites" issue. Bottom line, when the music list gets rebuilt your favorites reset to null. So, I'm going to have to be a bit more crafty and actually append and remove select songs from the list rather than rebuilding them... it's just wonky code to mod on tbh but I can sort it out. I just can't sort it out the easy way :/

I'll just build my own dictionary and have that dict add/remove as needed... pull out the coding big guns.

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
... well I don't recall doing anything for it. I'll look real quick once I'm done with the MusicPlayer mod update code (I'm rewriting it so that favorites will work for you).

For that particular split the correct way for me to resolve would be to make a sub-choice in that Ep7 SanchoSplit so that the Player has to elect their favored LI like I have in other mods. That's the problem of not knowing the future with in-game cheats and why I always put the disclaimer in them... their may always be small consequences and in this case it sounds like Josy-lovers have to endure Maya :ROFLMAO:. I'll see what I can do... like update E10's mod to ask which is their preferred before that conditional fires off. That's easier than having folks have to replay shit from E7+ and makes the most sense (shooting from the hip).
A sub-choice is perfect! I'm actually glad that you put in the SanchoSplits. It's easier to pick that and see both options, and later turn off a variable, than to have 2 separate saves for the two paths.

I actually like both of them, slightly prefer Maya, but I don't really hate any of the LIs or SGs. Maya does get a lot of hate. lol

Also, awesome that you're resolving the music issues.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
if the "ep5_feelingsForJosy" or "ep5_feelingsForMaya" take effect in place of the solo variables.
These are taken over by two new vars ep10_feelingsForJosy and ep10_feelingsForMaya respectively by evaluating those Ep5 variants:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Etc. for Maya to the above

Otherwise "ep7_solo_quinn" has not been used in S3 (yet if ever).

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
That's really odd. I swear to you I bought that damn pencil at least 6 times yesterday and tried it each time for shits and giggles. The mod doesn't alter any of that code at all so that's what is even more odd... you don't have issues seeing strikethrough text within the mod's ChoiceGuide when appears, do you? (just curious)
no, the choiceguide strikethroughs are there as they should be (that being said I never tried it unmodded, I can give that a try tomorrow to see what's up, now I'm curious, but it's getting late to do it now)

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
These are taken over by two new vars ep10_feelingsForJosy and ep10_feelingsForMaya respectively by evaluating those Ep5 variants:
Python:
        if ep5_feelingsForJosy and ep9_josy_wonder != 1:
            scene ep10_josy_solo74 with dissolve
            menu:
                "Still have feelings":
                    $ ep10_feelingsForJosy = True
                "I'm over you":
                    $ ep10_feelingsForJosy = False
Yep, seems like it will not really be feasible to do SanchoSplits for Maya and Josy anymore, because very distinct branches are being formed, and it doesn't seem like they'll be resolved for a while. With distinct content like at the Thanksgiving party.

In comparison to "The Others Path" choice at the end of ep9 (who you end the night with), which seems more superficial. That resolves itself pretty much after the opening of ep10, after it shows who you stayed with, then goes to the first freeroam. I doubt that choosing Nicole or Nora will block you off from the other permanently as well.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
no, the choiceguide strikethroughs are there as they should be (that being said I never tried it unmodded, I can give that a try tomorrow to see what's up, now I'm curious, but it's getting late to do it now)
I just wanted to insure that strikethrough text in general was working on your end, and it is.. so we'll figure out the pencil deal later.

Reactions: Elduriel

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Otherwise "ep7_solo_quinn" has not been used in S3 (yet if ever).
I just added a SanchoNote in Ep9 for that "ep9_josy_wonder" choice that if the third one is chosen the Player cannot obtain "ep10_feelingsForJosy" later... just to be complete. It'll be in the next Maintenance Update push.

GoWFO

Nov 28, 2022
The Free Roam guide in the Sancho mini stats says to end at Derek's room. I go there and it doesn't end. can someone pls help
Same thing happen to me, my problem was I had missed one of the cleaning elements of the free roam, it won't let you check out till you have all the non-optional tasks complete.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, I've been fighting this damn music player's code like an MMA main event.

Come to find out Pink's base code is wonky, even after VN restart. I went to a wiped PC and installed just the base VN. Went into Music and made the first song the new Startup (Waiting to Escape). Then regardless of VN restart or not when one loads a random number of previous saves most of them carry the damn Main Menu song into them (which is not correct). If you then revert to the new original Main Menu default (Over the Horizon) then restart the VN, checking those exact old saves play their respective scene's in-game music proper.

No matter what, even with unmodded the Player must restart the VN for the Main Menu to change correctly to the Startup choice made by the Player. So, it's fucked up right off the bat imho.

In other words I think I'm pissing against the wind here. I'd have to fix the VN's music player proper then mod it. I might just mod what is already there. They'd both behave the same way if one changes the Startup song but at least I can fix the Splash screen issue (which I already found).

Too much time invested over the dev's wonky code on this particular issue.
mentions: radical.turtle99

(Wall of text, but there's a lot going on, I need to vent)

I just might be leaning toward genius.

I think I have the wonky Music player's features halfway working correctly within the mod (with or without the OG music file).

Favorites: check
Song actually changes the Main Menu song while in-game (don't have to restart VN now): check
Automatically adds/removes the OG music from the list dependent on if the file is replaced or not: check

I've tested all this on a wiped PC with the VN/mod installation so now I need to verify it against a machine that already had the VN installed and SanchoMod previously (so the music list population can be verified bulletproof).

After this, anything else wonky in the music player can kiss my ... :ROFLMAO:, I'm done fucking with it.

When that's done:
  • I'll isolate the FR Quick Travel to solve the "disco lights". I'm just going to add a clause that hides (removes) that animation on all actions so no matter how the Player leaves the basement then the lights are a fucking goner. That's the easiest, most efficient way to do it and can be quickly altered later if needed.
  • Then I'll look at the J/M split if SanchoSplit was used in S2
  • Then I'll either get intoxicated or start working on complex cheats... or both.
  • Other to-do: make the VN's save name feature work when the mod's naming feature is turned off.
I really need to be beta testing two other VN updates that devs have reached out to me for but I'll push them another day or two to see how far I can get this VN's mod advanced.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is it possible to remap the stat screen button, when doing brawler pressing S opens stat screen
Okay, you got me, call me stupid but why press "s" in Brawler?
Don't tell me I missed something in all these dang notes (6 days worth) I have :ROFLMAO:.

If you're just trying to take a screenshot then use the alternates (like Shift+s or Alt+s) OR toggle the feature in SanchoCheats so the hotkey goes to "T" instead of "S".

EnterpriseNL

Donor
Aug 16, 2017
Okay, you got me, call me stupid but why press "s" in Brawler?
Don't tell me I missed something in all these dang notes (6 days worth) I have :ROFLMAO:.
Hahaha, I saw the hotkey S toggle note, but can't find where it is, I even have glasses on haha, and S is for the Troy attack on brawler
1702506817318.png

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes