Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
I'll test it again on another PC... but it changes for me on my main. I change it from my original FriProphets to anything else (at the Main Menu's Music option), close the VN, reopen, and what I selected to save as the "startup song" plays from the very beginning of the VN booting up and in the Main Menu. I just looked and I didn't even change that music code at all (the startup save function), it's identical to the base VN. I'll check again though.
I just checked again. First splash screen with Sage, Rio, Cammy, Quinn sitting on MC's bed, it's "The Friday Prophets" song.

When I click "reset startup song," to make it "Over the Horizon," close the game, and then re-open, it still plays "The Friday Prophets" at the splash screen. Then I close, and re-open it a second time without altering anything, then it plays "Over the Horizon" at the splash screen.

After that, every time I open and close it, it's always "The Friday Prophets" again, unless I reset the startup song and repeat the process. This behavior is consistent every time.

"The Friday Prophets" is always playing during the screen with import and load though. Only the splash screen is affected. The "Favorites songs list" always disappears.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Only the splash screen is affected.
This is so fucking odd. Yes, that's what I observe testing on another PC with the retail package. On my main system while the VN is in my IDE the splash screen plays identical to the Main Menu (like it should). What a weird fucking bug, ain't it? You find the oddest shit in the dev's code for me to study :ROFLMAO:.

I currently have no idea why it works perfect in my IDE yet the same files in a retail package don't (at the splash screen). I'll take a smoke break and think on it clearly, I have to be overlooking something very simple between these two platforms.

I'll give it to you bud, I don't get stumped that often but these little bits you find are throwing me for loops! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Maxiom

Pennel

Jun 4, 2017
I can't open up the corner menu, which means I can't enable the mini stat on the HUD. No other mods. I did UnRen the game if that makes a difference.

Left image is from 0.9.1 version, right is 10.0.

1702483234009.png 1702483118489.png

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
This is so fucking odd. Yes, that's what I observe testing on another PC with the retail package. On my main system while the VN is in my IDE the splash screen plays identical to the Main Menu (like it should). What a weird fucking bug, ain't it? You find the oddest shit in the dev's code for me to study :ROFLMAO:.

I currently have no idea why it works perfect in my IDE yet the same files in a retail package don't (at the splash screen). I'll take a smoke break and think on it clearly, I have to be overlooking something very simple between these two platforms.

I'll give it to you bud, I don't get stumped that often but these little bits you find are throwing me for loops! :ROFLMAO:
It seems like there might be conflicting code trying to do the same thing, and what takes priority is changing when the game is opened and closed.

It's odd how after resetting the song, you have to close the game twice, for the song to change at the splash screen.

EDIT: Checked again, and it's randomly picking between the 2 songs at the splash screen. So most likely conflicting code trying to do the same thing, with what gets priority being randomized.

PS: I'm glad that your mod is added back to the OP on the game's main thread.

Last edited:

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
SanchoMod - Magazine / Cash Locations Episode 10

We can update this post periodically if/as needed.

You going to find some hidden items a real bitch to locate even though I'm notifying you in the mod that they exist. In the below spoiler are some that I think you will possibly want more info on now or in the future. Spoiler alert!

(the below obviously contains spoilers)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mentions: gumpelanlemak
The one that took me a while was the money by the mc's tent. Maybe my eyes are just getting bad

Reactions: JasonJemodah

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The one that took me a while was the money by the mc's tent. Maybe my eyes are just getting bad
No, I don't think it's your eyes tbh. That one was a killer for me too for a few minutes. It's Pink bud, it's not you. Just wait until later... this Episode 10's Pack Quest is a real PITA. Those little white dots are tough to find them all tbh. You'll know when you get to it (it's the last free roam when the Pack is available). I'll add the tent to that post later for other folks... just in case.

eurus22

Feb 28, 2019
Does the mod significantly boost the beer pong odds? If so is there a way to change the code to negate that? This is maybe the one mini game where its fun to lose but Fuckface is the pong god

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
fuck it almost took me all day to get through all the paths that I'm playing, even when I skipped through content that is common in each of them (after playing through it once properly). I have have one more save with Quinn where I stayed the night with her but honestly don't know if it's worth playing that. Glad this mod exists, wouldn't want to do all that without it.

Dokers

Jun 24, 2022
Hello Sancho,

Thank you for your amazing job as always! Few episodes ago you said your mod obviously is not available for mobile users but may be in the future. Are there any news regarding this? (^⁠‿⁠^⁠)

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
In the short free-roam after the thanksgiving bbq tent scene the other tasks (hidden magazine, money) aren't registering as complete. I found them both but the ministat still has them under other tasks

Gefom

Feb 21, 2022
Indeed. Have all content in the VN's OP.. that's always been my stance. Let the site member (you folks) know and decide for themselves what's available and what to use or not use. If folks don't know something exists then they are potentially missing out on exactly what they were looking for to begin with... something like that.

Otherwise: The cake with brisket icing still getting bake-smoked.
:ROFLMAO:
They added your mod again in the VN's OP . Now more people can find this awesome mod :)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
In the short free-roam after the thanksgiving bbq tent scene the other tasks (hidden magazine, money) aren't registering as complete. I found them both but the ministat still has them under other tasks
There's two hidden money at the BBQ FreeRoam bud. I seriously doubt the MiniStat is wrong since it pulls the info directly from the VN's date (I don't manipulate it, I only read it and if the dictionary isn't empty then the MiniStat alerts that something's missing yet to find. Hint, for the second money check the picnic table where Zoey was sitting (look to the right of Nick after Zoey is no longer at the table).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hello Sancho,

Thank you for your amazing job as always! Few episodes ago you said your mod obviously is not available for mobile users but may be in the future. Are there any news regarding this? (^⁠‿⁠^⁠)
Hopefully when the mod's core is released as V8. Currently I've test the current core on other mobile devices that emulate Win or Linux and it works fine... android is a little bitch though. For example I have SanchoMod BaDIK fully playable on Steam Deck without doing anything other than what's in the OP for standard PC installation.

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
There's two hidden money at the BBQ FreeRoam bud. I seriously doubt the MiniStat is wrong since it pulls the info directly from the VN's date (I don't manipulate it, I only read it and if the dictionary isn't empty then the MiniStat alerts that something's missing yet to find. Hint, for the second money check the picnic table where Zoey was sitting (look to the right of Nick after Zoey is no longer at the table).
Was the section after that but yeah, it was right. Had missed the area you can only get to by hitting the down arrow by the bed

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It seems like there might be conflicting code trying to do the same thing, and what takes priority is changing when the game is opened and closed.

It's odd how after resetting the song, you have to close the game twice, for the song to change at the splash screen.

EDIT: Checked again, and it's randomly picking between the 2 songs at the splash screen. So most likely conflicting code trying to do the same thing, with what gets priority being randomized.

PS: I'm glad that your mod is added back to the OP on the game's main thread.
Well, I've been fighting this damn music player's code like an MMA main event.

Come to find out Pink's base code is wonky, even after VN restart. I went to a wiped PC and installed just the base VN. Went into Music and made the first song the new Startup (Waiting to Escape). Then regardless of VN restart or not when one loads a random number of previous saves most of them carry the damn Main Menu song into them (which is not correct). If you then revert to the new original Main Menu default (Over the Horizon) then restart the VN, checking those exact old saves play their respective scene's in-game music proper.

No matter what, even with unmodded the Player must restart the VN for the Main Menu to change correctly to the Startup choice made by the Player. So, it's fucked up right off the bat imho.

In other words I think I'm pissing against the wind here. I'd have to fix the VN's music player proper then mod it. I might just mod what is already there. They'd both behave the same way if one changes the Startup song but at least I can fix the Splash screen issue (which I already found).

Too much time invested over the dev's wonky code on this particular issue.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes