Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Actually both mods seems to be listed again. They just can't deny your mod is the best period.
Let's just say someone risked their neck on this... let's keep it low key for a while please. I've had enough drama over this damn VN over the years. Thanks.

yeahwhatever

Aug 14, 2020
Hey Sancho I've having problems with the game closing right at the beginning of the Helen doctor scene. Any idea why?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey Sancho I've having problems with the game closing right at the beginning of the Helen doctor scene. Any idea why?
See post here please so I don't have to retype it. You previously used another mod but that's okay, I've made a fix out of courtesy. That post will explain it.

Bottom line and to summarize that post, click the Green text button:
1702495443922.png

Using your mod for the first time, where to find submenu ? I saw it one of the choices to spank Elena or no
"Submenu" can be found in the OP's Legend:
1702495238500.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
how do I open the mod menu it does nothing when I click it in game?
Do this for me...and ONLY these steps (2 of them):

The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN and report back.

Reactions: guiltycrown248

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
Let's just say someone risked their neck on this... let's keep it low key for a while please. I've had enough drama over this damn VN over the years. Thanks.
Sure thing will do. Quick question. Are You gonna add the "auto one click attack" thing for the new brawler system at some point ?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sure thing will do. Quick question. Are You gonna add the "auto one click attack" thing for the new brawler system at some point ?
Pink changed all the code radically. I have three complex minigames that require completely new mod code drafts:
  • PartyPlanner
  • Brawler (the new one)
  • Science test
I'm not worried about the Fish minigame, that's a no-brainer and can wait until I'm bored or something.

Regarding Pong minigame I'm on the fence... it has no real benefit (no stat changes) and doesn't technically need to be played seriously at all (it's easy to quick lose) so I placed it on low priority for now.

Reactions: Mikedazz1

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoNote

Important for the future

I've updated the SaveFixer file in the OP. If you are sporting an old version do NOT forget to re-DL the new one please.

While sorting the little issues with the VN's Music Player versus the OG Music mod I have elected to have the VN rebuild the music list in the persistent file if the OG music mod doesn't exist (meaning you haven't manually replaced your "music_ep1" files. This is the safest thing to do so the VN's data doesn't get itself any more confused than it already is. The Music Player and it's original features are simply wonky and I don't trust them now or in the future, so having the VN rebuild the music list per VN start is the smartest play here imho. This will lengthen loading times just a bit when using the SaveFixer but nothing serious (maybe 2-5 seconds).

That's it. Just know it's a thing.

Reactions: Maxiom

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
Pink changed all the code radically. I have three complex minigames that require completely new mod code drafts:
  • PartyPlanner
  • Brawler (the new one)
  • Science test
I'm not worried about the Fish minigame, that's a no-brainer and can wait until I'm bored or something.

Regarding Pong minigame I'm on the fence... it has no real benefit (no stat changes) and doesn't technically need to be played seriously at all (it's easy to quick lose) so I placed it on low priority for now.
I would not bother with the fish or the pong if I were you. The fish thing you just use the money cheat and transfer cash over and its a win. The pong you cannot loose. All you do there is use the middle shot the whole time and taunt on your oponents turn. You will always win.

guiltycrown248

Oct 4, 2022
Do this for me...and ONLY these steps (2 of them):

The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN and report back.
thanks got it to work now

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I would not bother with the fish or the pong if I were you. The fish thing you just use the money cheat and transfer cash over and its a win. The pong you cannot loose. All you do there is use the middle shot the whole time and taunt on your oponents turn. You will always win.
That's why they aren't with the three bulleted list items... they are nothing for folks to freak out on imho. The new brawler needs a cheat ASAP since that's what I noticed really slowed down my dozens upon dozens of speedruns while updating the mod. Y'all can blame that damn minigame for adding at least half a day of the 5 days it took to update... at least. :ROFLMAO:

Yes, I know I can speed run using my own (BaDIK MiniGames: Off) but I must fully test the VN at it's hardest so I get a feel for how I want to implement a future cheat... it gets my wheels spinnin'.

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
Well, I've been fighting this damn music player's code like an MMA main event.

Come to find out Pink's base code is wonky, even after VN restart. I went to a wiped PC and installed just the base VN. Went into Music and made the first song the new Startup (Waiting to Escape). Then regardless of VN restart or not when one loads a random number of previous saves most of them carry the damn Main Menu song into them (which is not correct). If you then revert to the new original Main Menu default (Over the Horizon) then restart the VN, checking those exact old saves play their respective scene's in-game music proper.

No matter what, even with unmodded the Player must restart the VN for the Main Menu to change correctly to the Startup choice made by the Player. So, it's fucked up right off the bat imho.

In other words I think I'm pissing against the wind here. I'd have to fix the VN's music player proper then mod it. I might just mod what is already there. They'd both behave the same way if one changes the Startup song but at least I can fix the Splash screen issue (which I already found).

Too much time invested over the dev's wonky code on this particular issue.
Valiant effort. Does sound wonky. Also, on Maya & Josy's path, you get the choice of who to spend time with in ep10.

If you used SanchoSplit and spent time with both, and are not on their path, during an unmodded playthrough, it defaults to Maya unless you make one of the variables "False" manually (the solo Maya and Josy variables).

Funnily enough, it doesn't depend on who you chose you liked when talking to Derek at the preps party, but it depends on who you spent solo time with in ep7.

EDIT: Ignore the above. Brain fart on my part. The "feelings for" variables at the prep party does affect the outcome. Got mixed up with the ep10 solo variable. Apologies.

Was curious to how you handled that for those that opted for the SanchoSplit option. I haven't checked your latest mod yet for that part. I'm probably going to wait until maintenance updates are done to do a proper playthrough again.

Last edited:

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
That's why they aren't with the three bulleted list items... they are nothing for folks to freak out on imho. The new brawler needs a cheat ASAP since that's what I noticed really slowed down my dozens upon dozens of speedruns while updating the mod. Y'all can blame that damn minigame for adding at least half a day of the 5 days it took to update... at least. :ROFLMAO:

Yes, I know I can speed run using my own (BaDIK MiniGames: Off) but I must fully test the VN at it's hardest so I get a feel for how I want to implement a future cheat... it gets my wheels spinnin'.
Yep I am with you on this. The brawler is the most important. The science thing I personally actually quiet enjoy. Since there is only one for now. It does not really matter. IMO all it maby needs is a way to extend the timer. The actual science thing is pretty easy.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
the chemistry shit could use a quick win button, not that's it's hard or anything, it's just basically following instructions, but there are enough timesinks in the game already (plus with the time boost you can buy it's a non-issue... the pencil boost doesn't seem to work for me, even if I buy it it doesn't do anything) . With the fish game I did the same as you.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes