Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hahaha, I saw the hotkey S toggle note, but can't find where it is, I even have glasses on haha, and S is for the Troy attack on brawler
See FAQ (second post, right below the OP) #7 and #8
1702507035711.png

You have two choices either:
Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots OR inside SanchoCheats and change the Hotkey Toggle which makes the StatScreen either "S" or "T".

Reactions: EnterpriseNL

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Also, on Maya & Josy's path, you get the choice of who to spend time with in ep10.

If you used SanchoSplit and spent time with both, and are not on their path, during an unmodded playthrough, it defaults to Maya unless you make one of the variables "False" manually (the solo Maya and Josy variables).

Funnily enough, it doesn't depend on who you chose you liked when talking to Derek at the preps party, but it depends on who you spent solo time with in ep7.
For anyone playing now, just change the variable for the path you don't want to "False" in the console. (ep7_solo_maya=False or ep7_solo_josy=False)
I did some digging...

Neither of those bits (quotes) are entirely true bud.

If the Player is not on the J/M path it does NOT default to Maya in Ep10, and the variables for Ep7 aren't the ones used. It uses Ep5's "feelingForX" which is during a convo with Derek (during the Alumni Free Roam) and not part of any SanchoSplit. The SanchoSplit that's available during the Alumni FR is following Josy (after her father shows up) or going to find Maya.

The Ep10 portion (again, not on the J/M path) only defaults to Maya if the Player made Josy "sad" in Ep9 due to breaking up with them for another LI (such as Bella, Sage, Jill).

Here's the code layup when on any other path than J/M. I made notes to clarify the conditional code:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So, unless I'm misunderstanding you somewhere, I have nothing to fix here.

I'll standby for a while to let you chew on it. Otherwise I have the DiscoLights issue 100% resolved (will no longer need that other fix, I'm going to edit that post and remove that file since it'll bork things now), and I have the MusicPlayer as close to 100% as possible with the dev's code (even improving his standard features for folks that don't use the OG mod).

Let me know what you think since you're the J/M guru at the moment.

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
I did some digging...

If the Player is not on the J/M path it does NOT default to Maya in Ep10, and the variables for Ep7 aren't the ones used. It uses Ep5's "feelingForX" which is during a convo with Derek (during the Alumni Free Roam) and not part of any SanchoSplit. The SanchoSplit that's available during the Alumni FR is following Josy (after her father shows up) or going to find Maya.

The Ep10 portion (again, not on the J/M path) only defaults to Maya if the Player made Josy "sad" in Ep9 due to breaking up with them for another LI (such as Bella, Sage, Jill).

Here's the code layup when on any other path than J/M. I made notes to clarify the conditional code:

I'll standby for a while to let you chew on it. Otherwise I have the DiscoLights issue 100% resolved (will no longer need that other fix, I'm going to edit that post and remove that file since it'll bork things now), and I have the MusicPlayer as close to 100% as possible with the dev's code (even improving his standard features for folks that don't use the OG mod).

Maybe I remembered wrongly. I'll do a quick playthrough and double check.

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
I did some digging...

You are 100% correct. That derek feelings question is part of it. If you choose josy. You can kiss her during the hots party to get rid of the alpha dude. And you can also comfort her at your place during the split after the scavenger hunt party. If you choose maya you cannot.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I did some digging...

Regarding ep7_solo_maya or ep7_solo_josy, the only auto anything I can find is in Ep9's Halloween free roam which adds "Find Maya" to your FR Tasks but in this case you MUST be on J/M path for it to process:
Otherwise all that Ep7 set of vars does is change some dialogue here and there.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
So, John Trevolta is now in charge of the lighting in your game?

I might not know what caused it for a minority of folks but I can damn sure fix it.

SanchoMod's Disco Lights removal tool:
View attachment 3168724
It slices, it dices, it.... nah it doesn't do any of that.
But it will fix your disco light problems.
Guaranteed or your money... nah not that either.

Installation: Place the content of the attached zip inside your "/game" folder.
Uninstall: Simply delete the file.

It's completely non-destructive and 100% safe to use on any save file you load, even if you have SanchoMod installed.

Now, turn that Bee Gee's music off!!

Mentions: TRKaiser radical.turtle99
SanchoNote

I've removed the file from this post. It is no longer required after I push the next Maintenance Update and will only bork shit for my 100% fix (works if you are already stuck with the disco lights to remove them and makes the FastTravel in the free roams work correctly).

BTW, I make these "SanchoNotes" so you can easily search for any of them later to get a summary of likely important info in this thread associated directly to the mod's code/features/etc. Just type "SanchoNotes" in the search bar when in this thread and BAM... done.

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
Playing through it right now, on the first freeroam, after I finish all the tasks, it won't let me click on Sage to end the freeroam. First freeroam for ep10.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Playing through it right now, on the first freeroam, after I finish all the tasks, it won't let me click on Sage to end the freeroam. First freeroam for ep10.
When you can exit the FreeRoam the MiniStat will say "Talk to Sage" and she will then be selectable:
1702519361711.png

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
When you can exit the FreeRoam the MiniStat will say "Talk to Sage" and she will then be selectable:
View attachment 3171333
It shows no more tasks being available. Everything is done. Doesn't say talk to Sage and she isn't selectable. The game just gets stuck. I redid it without the mod and it worked.

You're completely right about Maya and Josy. I misremembered. I thought it was the ep7_solo variables but it's the ep10_jm_solo that I saw. You're right, so the feelings for at the prep party actually does matter. My mistake. Apologies.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It shows no more tasks being available. Everything is done. Doesn't say talk to Sage and she isn't selectable. The game just gets stuck. I redid it without the mod and it worked.

You're completely right about Maya and Josy. I misremembered. I thought it was the ep7_solo variables but it's the ep10_jm_solo that I saw. My mistake. Apologies.
No need to apologize bud, you motivated me to fix the other issues that have been on the back burner so no worries.

Otherwise that Sage thing, I don't know if it's a real deal or not. Only a very small amount of folks I've seen have come to any issue. A few folks were bitching about in the VN's thread over the weekend (and obviously the mod wasn't available) one example here.

Speaking to Quinn is what physically writes the Sage exit into the Task list.
Then once all the Main tasks are complete (including cleanup) her image button is shown and can be clicked:

Edit: Here's the bit in the dev's Task updater that makes Sage available. It checks that the current tasks are empty then adds it to the empty list:

Last edited:

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
No need to apologize bud, you motivated me to fix the other issues that have been on the back burner so no worries.

Otherwise that Sage thing, I don't know if it's a real deal or not. Only a very small amount of folks I've seen have come to any issue. A few folks were bitching about in the VN's thread over the weekend (and obviously the mod wasn't available) one example here.

Speaking to Quinn is what physically writes the Sage exit into the Task list.
Python:
scene ep10_fr1_qc_event9 with dissolve
cam "Quinn? A little help?"
scene ep10_fr1_qc_event10 with dissolve
qu "*{i}Sigh{/i}* You two can't do anything, can you?"

$ event_list.append("ep10_fr1_sage_event_label")  # SanchoNote: Sage's exit label is added to the Event list
$ task_list[4] = ""
$ updateTaskList()
jump endEvent
Then once all the Main tasks are complete (including cleanup) her image button is shown and can be clicked:
Python:
if "ep10_fr1_sage_event_label" in event_list and current_task == "Talk to Sage":  # SanchoNote: checks to see if Sage's label is in the Event list and all else is done
    $ ui.imagebutton("ep10_diks_fr1_main_sage_idle", "ep10_diks_fr1_main_sage_hover", clicked=ui.returns("sage"), xpos=0, ypos=0, focus_mask=True)
Very strange. I deleted the mod, added the Sancho Save fix, put back the original script.rpa and it worked. With SanchoMod it doesn't work. I'll poke around and see if I can trigger it to work with the mod.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Very strange. I deleted the mod, added the Sancho Save fix, put back the original script.rpa and it worked. With SanchoMod it doesn't work. I'll poke around and see if I can trigger it to work with the mod.
Try it with another save you have... load something different in and replay that FR in some different order of events than the one you just did... I suspect a save issue here since some folks in the VN's thread experienced the same issue that had never even heard of this mod before and I hadn't even updated it yet. It's a very small sample size though.. I'm actually glad it's you since you'll actually test some theories :p

DMoney1000

Jan 6, 2020
So when I installed the mod, I got an error whenever I loaded any of my saves or tried to import. I was going to post here and preface it with "I'm sure I'm doing something stupid, but..." and then post the error I got. Then I realized it was because I had also included your Save Fixer by mistake without actually needing it. Which means I actually was, in fact, doing something stupid.

This is a slightly verbose way of saying that I'm really grateful that your mod has its shit together and actually works correctly when you aren't being a moron. You do great work.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I updated the post above yours to give the final bit of code that makes her active.

Reactions: Maxiom

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
So when I installed the mod, I got an error whenever I loaded any of my saves or tried to import. I was going to post here and preface it with "I'm sure I'm doing something stupid, but..." and then post the error I got. Then I realized it was because I had also included your Save Fixer by mistake without actually needing it. Which means I actually was, in fact, doing something stupid.

This is a slightly verbose way of saying that I'm really grateful that your mod has its shit together and actually works correctly when you aren't being a moron. You do great work.
Bud, I actually thank you for posting your error experience. When I tell folks that the SaveFixer and the mod don't play nice with each other they probably think I'm full of shit... but things get wonky real fast when both of them are fighting for superior dominance... usually the SaveFixer wins the fight :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: DMoney1000

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
Try it with another save you have... load something different in and replay that FR in some different order of events than the one you just did... I suspect a save issue here since some folks in the VN's thread experienced the same issue that had never even heard of this mod before and I hadn't even updated it yet. It's a very small sample size though.. I'm actually glad it's you since you'll actually test some theories :p
Must be an issue from the vanilla unmodded game then. Figured it out, I recreated the error. It happens if you complete the task of checking MC's desk last. Did it twice to make sure.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes