Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
TRKaiser radical.turtle99

This is the only Second DIKs FreeRoam instances of the "lights" animation... and the VN's code has them all killing the image when a hotspot is clicked by the Player (I placed notes to assist in deciphering what's going on in layman's terms):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So, technically from the code it's impossible to leave the basement room (or go to tommy's curtained room) without the "lights" image being zapped.

I'm very confused how y'all have saves like this tbh... I need another drink and a larger thinking hat on.
Yeah it's bizarre. "hide screen dance_filter_screen" is not triggering for some reason. When I type it manually in the console, it disappears.

Last edited:
Reactions: wiwem71072

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
TRKaiser radical.turtle99

This is the only Second DIKs FreeRoam instances of the "lights" animation... and the VN's code has them all killing the image when a hotspot is clicked by the Player (I placed notes to assist in deciphering what's going on in layman's terms):
So, technically from the code it's impossible to leave the basement room (or go to tommy's curtained room) without the "lights" image being zapped.

I'm very confused how y'all have saves like this tbh... I need another drink and a larger thinking hat on.
So, John Trevolta is now in charge of the lighting in your game?

I might not know what caused it for a minority of folks but I can damn sure fix it.

SanchoMod's Disco Lights removal tool:
1702439334049.png
It slices, it dices, it.... nah it doesn't do any of that.
But it will fix your disco light problems.
Guaranteed or your money... nah not that either.

Installation: Place the content of the attached zip inside your "/game" folder.
Uninstall: Simply delete the file.

It's completely non-destructive and 100% safe to use on any save file you load, even if you have SanchoMod installed.

Now, turn that Bee Gee's music off!!

EDIT: File removed. No longer required after 12/13/2023 Maintenance Update (pending).

Mentions: TRKaiser radical.turtle99

Last edited:

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020

I might not know what caused it for a minority of folks but I can damn sure fix it.

It's completely non-destructive and 100% safe to use on any save file you load, even if you have SanchoMod installed.

Leaving with "go_down" and "curtain" both work. It's only when you leave using fast travel that the effect doesn't hide. Does it turn off with fast travel for you?

Much thanks for the fix.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Leaving with "go_down" and "curtain" both work. It's only when you leave using fast travel that the effect doesn't hide. Does it turn off with fast travel for you?

Much thanks for the fix.
Well... I don't ever use fast travel. If that's the case then what you've basically found is a VN bug. The fix above only stops it when a save is loaded, it will not address it if it's caused by the FT system. I could rewrite the FT code so that it will work though. I'll take a look at the VN's FT code later and see what's what.

Reactions: Cyrix72

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
Well... I don't ever use fast travel. If that's the case then what you've basically found is a VN bug. The fix above only stops it when a save is loaded, it will not address it if it's caused by the FT system. I could rewrite the FT code so that it will work though. I'll take a look at the VN's FT code later and see what's what.
The effect does hide unmodded using fast travel with "SanchoModRemoved-SaveFileFix-BaDIK". No idea as to why that is.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The effect does hide unmodded using fast travel with "SanchoModRemoved-SaveFileFix-BaDIK". No idea as to why that is.
Okay, you mentioned this before... and now that has me thinking that it could very well be a conflict between the FT system code and the MiniMenu system code. That could make sense because I hide the FT button when the MiniMenu is opened and show the button again when the MiniMenu is closed... but I'm only fucking with the button. If the dev has a master screen hide in the button code instead of in the actual FT images you click to initiate the "travel" then maybe, just maybe an issue could certainly lie there. It's something to go on and at least merits a look.

It's time for me to find something to eat. I'll eyeball that issue bright-eyed in the morning.

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
Okay, you mentioned this before... and now that has me thinking that it could very well be a conflict between the FT system code and the MiniMenu system code. That could make sense because I hide the FT button when the MiniMenu is opened and show the button again when the MiniMenu is closed... but I'm only fucking with the button. But, it's something to go on.

It's time for me to find something to eat. I'll eyeball that issue bright-eyed in the morning.
A well-deserved meal and rest. As always, thanks.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
It was a mistake on my part. Wasn't clicking it right. Also, anyway to unlock roll back? Seems like it's totally locked down and Unren isn't unlocking it.

GoWFO

Nov 28, 2022
Ok I'll admit, I'm not too bright. The Free Roam guide in the Sancho mini stats says to end at Derek's room. I go there and it doesn't end. I know I missed one hidden magazine where Maya is cleaning, but I've done all the tasks. Any ideas to my problem?

player1997

Jun 18, 2018
Hi, love your mod. Could you provide saves for starting season 3 for each path? I had to format my pc and lost my previous saves and dont want to replay whole game.

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
Sancho1969 Quick question. Are you planning on adding a one punch button to the brawler thing at some point ? I really miss that button. I totally suck at that brawling stuff

Reactions: Mikedazz1

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
I see the lights are called in three different free roams... now I have to figure out why they are sticking on for you few folks and not thousands of other other folks.

mentions: TRKaiser
Yeah I'm having the same problem. Though I wasn't going to blame your mod for it.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021

View attachment 3168724

Thanks!

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Hey bud, yes. The S1/S2 mod was fully updated to Core v7b last week. For S3 I will have an update sometime in the future once I sort the 3 remaining complex minigame cheats... but that'll be a while.

Remember you can always see the current revision date and time above the DL links if that helps. An example:
View attachment 3168596

Bottom line: the two mods listed in the OP are running on the very latest mod core code and have all known issues resolved that I'm aware of (caused by the base VN).
4a76771b5e48ffe15ae29591f2e6b9a3.jpg
Cheers

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
Hey Sancho. Have had no issues playing through the latest release but when I loaded one of my saves from episode 9 I got an exception on clicking cheats

Edit: When I checked my other episode 9 saves they didn't get the error and now when I load the one that was having an issue the exceptions not there either but will leave this post here in case you want to try to track the cause down anyway

Last edited:

NeoEros

Feb 23, 2022
After playing my first route I'm so done with DPC's obsession of complex mini-game and decide to turn them off for my other routes. The new ones are so distracting for the story and much harder than the previous ones. I can't imagine what kind of shit Sancho must endure for modifying these in ep10.

Last edited:
Reactions: Melimelo
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes