Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It would be cool if when save description was turned off for SanchoMod, that it would save like the unmodded game with the path automatically included.
I can make it do that. I do that in one of the other VN's I mod on... but can't remember which at the moment. But, it's certainly doable to have the VN's code work when the mod's option is turned off. Been there, done that. I'll note it down bud. Good idea.

Otherwise I must have literally hundreds of saves from the past few years and I've never had that light issue some of you folks are mentioning. Once I get a save file that's saved on a point where it's viewable sent to me I can likely figure it out with a bit of analysis.

Reactions: Maxiom

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Hey bud, yes. The S1/S2 mod was fully updated to Core v7b last week. For S3 I will have an update sometime in the future once I sort the 3 remaining complex minigame cheats... but that'll be a while.

Remember you can always see the current revision date and time above the DL links if that helps. An example:
View attachment 3168596

Bottom line: the two mods listed in the OP are running on the very latest mod core code and have all known issues resolved that I'm aware of (caused by the base VN).
Yeah, I seen the update just didn't know if you were done porting or doing anymore maintenance updates to them.

Even when/if I do start, it's going to take a long ass time to get S03 anyway.

TRKaiser

Apr 11, 2023
I had a fresh install, deleted all data in the RenPy folder and unzipped folder. Had that problem with your mod too. The problem was gone when I used the SanchoModRemoved-SaveFileFix-BaDIK and no mod.

It's an easy fix anyhow. Just go into Tommy's room once the lights are stuck on, and then it will turn off.

Also, I like how in the unmodded game, the save description defaults to the path you're on. I usually turn the save description off in SanchoMod because I hate typing in a new save name each time.

It would be cool if when the save description is turned off for SanchoMod, that it would save like the unmodded game with the path automatically included in the description.
Welllll fuck... Ill have to rollback to see if I can get back to the freeroam to get into Tommy's room...I went past that point in my saves unless I go replay it again.

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
Hey Sancho1969
For your s1/2 updated core.. Is it safe to copy/paste over your old?
Or should I rather not be lazy and drop it on a clean install? ><
(still got a couple paths I wanna take.. not happy before I get a full export sheet! :p)

And thank you for all your hard work! :)

Cheers! :D

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I had a fresh install, deleted all data in the RenPy folder and unzipped folder. Had that problem with your mod too. The problem was gone when I used the SanchoModRemoved-SaveFileFix-BaDIK and no mod.

It's an easy fix anyhow. Just go into Tommy's room once the lights are stuck on, and then it will turn off.

Also, I like how in the unmodded game, the save description defaults to the path you're on. I usually turn the save description off in SanchoMod because I hate typing in a new save name each time.

It would be cool if when the save description is turned off for SanchoMod, that it would save like the unmodded game with the path automatically included in the description.
Is this the same for you (I have TRKaiser's save loaded up)?
1702435264815.png
Also, do you recall it starting at a certain point in the story and if so approx where?

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
It will. And I suggest you do take it slow if the story is interesting to you. S1/S2 is arguably the best "story" writing anyway, but that's subjective of course.
Yeah, it's not like I don't have 200 odd games already on this SSD or anything, not to mention the external. Plus, I just really got into BG3 (and I hate D&D, and know literally nothing besides it started some 20 years ago), and I re-bought GTA V on STEAM, really wanted to play it again not on XBOX360 plus it was a super steal sale of $9.99. And ofc the massive, massive Cyberpunk 2077 update almost makes me restart, undecided on that, just know some mod is making the new "Radioport" not play while I'm on foot, but the gangs now are annoying, can't go 5 seconds without them gunning for you...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey Sancho1969
For your s1/2 updated core.. Is it safe to copy/paste over your old?
Or should I rather not be lazy and drop it on a clean install? ><
(still got a couple paths I wanna take.. not happy before I get a full export sheet! :p)

And thank you for all your hard work! :)

Cheers! :D
For exact VN version:mod version numbering, yes, you can simply overwrite the mod installation if I push a mod maintenance update. If I push a full update for an actual VN update then no, you need the updated VN first, then it's correlated mod version file. For example: mod version 1.x inside VN version 1.x, mod version 1.z inside VN version 1.z, etc.

Reactions: Frostvred

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
yes, you can simply overwrite the mod installation if I push a mod maintenance update.
Awesome! :D
Thank you! :D

yeah.. I'm on latest game update. etc...
Was just curious if I'd get slapped in the face overwriting old core, with new core. ><
Normally I'd do clean no matter what.. But... I woke up way too fekking early and feel a bit more lazy that usual! :p

Fekking 3:45 am! o0
Liquor store don't open before another 6 hours, and I'm out of "fuel"! :LOL:

Bobloblaw1234

Nov 9, 2018
Im new to this mod, is there a way for the save games to retain the name?
I know in the original unmodded game once you change the same name it stays the same until you edit it again.
With the amount of saves I make, typing it in each time per episode is getting tiring >.<

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
They were on during the party and after and never turned off...Didn't really know they were supposed to be off until I saw them still flashing at the doctors office.
Okay, I found the animation file name. Now I'll track it down in the code.

This is really weird... there's no SanchoMod that manipulates image file code at all. The only exception is the choice menu buttons I add to the VN (I offer the old school choice bar graphics rather than the others so that the mod's opacity settings will work on them).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Awesome! :D
Thank you! :D

yeah.. I'm on latest game update. etc...
Was just curious if I'd get slapped in the face overwriting old core, with new core. ><
Normally I'd do clean no matter what.. But... I woke up way too fekking early and feel a bit more lazy that usual! :p

Fekking 3:45 am! o0
Liquor store don't open before another 6 hours, and I'm out of "fuel"! :LOL:
It's basically two things and only these two things:
  • mod Maintenance Updates are made to either overwrite their existing old version installation or be placed as a new installation.
  • mod VN Updates are made to only be installed inside a fresh VN installation of the same version numbering scheme.
Maintenance updates are like an oil change on the car you already have.
Mod VN updates are like getting a whole new vehicle.

Reactions: Frostvred

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The problem starts when the light effect first triggers on the dance floor. It starts during the second free roam event when the HOTs arrive.
I see the lights are called in three different free roams... now I have to figure out why they are sticking on for you few folks and not thousands of other other folks.

mentions: TRKaiser

Last edited:
Reactions: TRKaiser and Maxiom

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
It's basically two things and only these two things:
  • mod Maintenance Updates are made to either overwrite their existing old version installation or be placed as a new installation.
  • mod VN Updates are made to only be installed inside a fresh VN installation of the same version numbering scheme.
Maintenance updates are like an oil change on the car you already have.
Mod VN updates are like getting a whole new vehicle.
Awesome.. Looking forward to see if I notice any changes! :LOL:

And thank you again! :)

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Yeah, it's not like I don't have 200 odd games already on this SSD or anything, not to mention the external. Plus, I just really got into BG3 (and I hate D&D, and know literally nothing besides it started some 20 years ago), and I re-bought GTA V on STEAM, really wanted to play it again not on XBOX360 plus it was a super steal sale of $9.99. And ofc the massive, massive Cyberpunk 2077 update almost makes me restart, undecided on that, just know some mod is making the new "Radioport" not play while I'm on foot, but the gangs now are annoying, can't go 5 seconds without them gunning for you...
BG3 is amazing. I didn't come up for air for 2 weeks when it first dropped. Still play it above all games, including AVNs. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Chuck6o

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I see the lights are called in three different free roams... now I have to figure out why they are sticking on for you few folks and not thousands of other other folks.
View attachment 3168672

mentions: TRKaiser
TRKaiser radical.turtle99

This is the only Second DIKs FreeRoam instances of the "lights" animation... and the VN's code has them all killing the image when a hotspot is clicked by the Player (I placed notes to assist in deciphering what's going on in layman's terms):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So, technically from the code it's impossible to leave the basement room (or go to tommy's curtained room) without the "lights" image being zapped.

I'm very confused how y'all have saves like this tbh... I need another drink and a larger thinking hat on.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: TRKaiser

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Bud... my damn steam library was already massive and I went bonkers on Black Friday. Between PC, consoles, and handhelds I have more damn games than I can ever play/replay in multiple lifetimes :ROFLMAO:. I have several multi-hundreds of hours in more than a handful too. Me getting a steam deck did not help my impulse to push the buy button though, that's certain.

Reactions: Chuck6o

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
TRKaiser radical.turtle99

This is the only Second DIKs FreeRoam instances of the "lights" animation... and the VN's code has them all killing the image when a hotspot is clicked by the Player (I placed notes to assist in deciphering what's going on in layman's terms):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So, technically from the code it's impossible to leave the basement room (or go to tommy's curtained room) without the "lights" image being zapped.

I'm very confused how y'all have saves like this tbh... I need another drink and a larger thinking hat on.
Yeah it's bizarre. "hide screen dance_filter_screen" is not triggering for some reason. When I type it manually in the console, it disappears.

Last edited:
Reactions: wiwem71072
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes