Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
ep8_maya_lewd, ep5_followed_maya, ep7_solo_maya, ep3_mayaLewd... etc

Were those not real bools? Because If those are real, you dont need a dictionary At any point in the game he could have a long list of if's just adding and substracting kinda like the code that was posted before. I mean if that code before was real it wouldn't even be the first time it has been done and without dictionaries.
Those are all Event variables, of course they are boolean. My point is they aren't time trackers. It doesn't matter (in current playable assets) which of M/J you "spend" time with. The relp does not alter at all, and I'd say it's a 99% chance it won't given how their history was setup from the very beginning of the story (imho). I'm not even sure what we are debating other than time tracking... which this VN is not doing.

Otaku_Bob

Jul 30, 2017
Is there a tool that can fix my issue? I used the other guy's mod for Episode 9 and prior chapters. However for 10 I saw you had one and of course chose to use yours! Now when I load an end of Chapter 9 save, and run Ch 10 with your mod, I get that error everyone else got that causes the game to shut down in the Dr scene.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is there a tool that can fix my issue? I used the other guy's mod for Episode 9 and prior chapters. However for 10 I saw you had one and of course chose to use yours! Now when I load an end of Chapter 9 save, and run Ch 10 with your mod, I get that error everyone else got that causes the game to shut down in the Dr scene.
Bud... open the MiniStat BEFORE that happens and notice the blinking info that states "you used another mod, do you want to fix it?". I sort that other mod's save file variable issues right out for you automatically out of courtesy. Those timebombs will all be gone by pressing the green-text button.

See post here for an image of what that looks like.
1702429017587.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: GoWFO and Otaku_Bob

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
How about the end of E7?... smoking through E8 will take a bit of time but certainly doable.
Yeah. I'd have to do a complete restart to have a save from back then and that's not happening. I'll just copy my save at the end of 9 into 10's folder and hope for the best.

lobotomist

Sep 4, 2017
Those are all Event variables, of course they are boolean. My point is they aren't time trackers. It doesn't matter (in current playable assets) which of M/J you "spend" time with. The relp does not alter at all, and I'd say it's a 99% chance it won't given how their history was setup from the very beginning of the story (imho). I'm not even sure what we are debating other than time tracking... which this VN is not doing.
I just pointed out that If he wanted he could track them. And a lot of people have theorized that at some point the game could do something like make you pick one over the other or have one be jelous, etc. It doesn't sound out of the realms of possibility.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I just pointed out that If he wanted he could track them. And a lot of people have theorized that at some point the game could do something like make you pick one over the other or have one be jelous, etc. It doesn't sound out of the realms of possibility.
The realms of possibility... indeed.
He could have them both burn in a house too if we were to go complete ape shit pre-conspiracy theory :ROFLMAO::p

The "Long" Wait is over! Thank you Sancho!
Enjoy bud. I'm not pushing a post in the VN's thread just yet... you folks get it first.

Reactions: Otaku_Bob

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Technical Support is temporarily closed.. I need an adult beverage refill. :ROFLMAO:

All BS aside, just ping if needed but you should be fine. I'll push an update in the OP for that minor QuickMenu sizing problem that Raphael77 reported in a few minutes or so.

Reactions: Mikedazz1

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Sancho1969 so are you done or have you got some more maintenance fixes coming?

I never played more than 5 minutes of this game but may finally start it, I assume all the updates have already happened to S01 and S02?

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
Music favorites and startup song are not saving. Resetting every time the game is closed and reopened.

Anyways, thanks for your hard work. Great mod as always.

Last edited:

TRKaiser

Apr 11, 2023
Disco lights didn't just magically fix with your update like I had hoped...:WutFace::cry:
Your guess it wouldn't was right.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 so are you done or have you got some more maintenance fixes coming?

I never played more than 5 minutes of this game but may finally start it, I assume all the updates have already happened to S01 and S02?
Hey bud, yes. The S1/S2 mod was fully updated to Core v7b last week. For S3 I will have an update sometime in the future once I sort the 3 remaining complex minigame cheats... but that'll be a while.

Remember you can always see the current revision date and time above the DL links if that helps. An example:
1702433720868.png

Bottom line: the two mods listed in the OP are running on the very latest mod core code and have all known issues resolved that I'm aware of (caused by the base VN).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Disco lights didn't just magically fix with your update like I had hoped...:WutFace::cry:
Your guess it wouldn't was right.
PM me one save file and I'll see if I can figure out why John Trevolta is lurking inside your game bud. It must be something left over from some other product but I'm pretty certain I can at least find the image/animation file name that's the root cause and from there isolate the code in the original VN scripts that's calling for it. My guess is that some other product didn't correctly release that image in the code and therefore it's remaining in your continued save throughout playthrough... but that's just a hunch.

Reactions: TRKaiser

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
PM me one save file and I'll see if I can figure out why John Trevolta is lurking inside your game bud. It must be something left over from some other product but I'm pretty certain I can at least find the image/animation file name that's the root cause and from there isolate the code in the original VN scripts that's calling for it. My guess is that some other product didn't correctly release that image in the code and therefore it's remaining in your continued save throughout playthrough... but that's just a hunch.
I had a fresh install, deleted all data in the RenPy folder and unzipped folder. Had that problem with your mod too. The problem was gone when I used the SanchoModRemoved-SaveFileFix-BaDIK and no mod.

It's an easy fix anyhow. Just go into Tommy's room once the lights are stuck on, and then it will turn off.

Also, I like how in the unmodded game, the save description defaults to the path you're on. I usually turn the save description off in SanchoMod because I hate typing in a new save name each time.

It would be cool if when the save description is turned off for SanchoMod, that it would save like the unmodded game with the path automatically included in the description.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes