Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Bobloblaw1234

Nov 9, 2018
So I want to try out Sancho's mod instead of the other one.

IF I make 2 separate game folders for Season 1/2 and Season 3 - Use Sanchos Mod and start from scratch, I should be good right? As long as I label my saves?

Also does this mod allow of active variable changes? Like if I wanted to change a choice from 4 chapters ago, like turning down Cathy etc - can I make that variable change like the other mod?

Raphael77

Aug 14, 2017
Tiny bug report (clearly not urgent to fix):
Q.Load shortcut seems to not care about QuickMenu Text Size parameter

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
We definitely don´t deserve you mate. You are wasting your valuable time to deliver the best mods this site has ever seen.
And yet, you don´t accept monetary compensation. I support some modders since i appreciate their work, but you don´t want it. I get it, but be assured your work is highly appreciated! We love you man!
No, I don't want you hard-earned money. All I want is your gratitude IF you enjoy my work (and me sharing a product I really only make for myself but simply share it with fellow site members). Regards and thank you for the kind words.

Gundams

Nov 14, 2019
I absolutely love your work Sancho1969. I'm having this weird issue in a few scenes the MC's name reverts to Tremonia is it intended?

Emyl2011

Feb 21, 2020
For five days you've persevered. You've fought with everything you have to wait for SanchoMod to experience Episode 10 for the first time. You await no more my dear friends. Please allow me to present...

SanchoMod Update (Season 3, Episode 10 v0.10.0)
The Brisket Cake Update
View attachment 3168357

Go get you some.
View attachment 3168346 View attachment 3168347

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters.

Regards, enjoy, and best to you and yours as always.
Thank you once again for your patience, your moral support, and inspiration.

P.S. - Y'all guinea pig it while I create a post for the VN.
Thank you for being the incredible man that you are!

Reactions: Cyrix72

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Tiny bug report (clearly not urgent to fix):
Q.Load shortcut seems to not care about QuickMenu Text Size parameter

Indeed. Pink introduced new code for the QuickLoad (his damn persistent save name variable) and I forgot to test the UI after hooking into it. My bad. I'll sort it in the next Maintenance Update. Thank you for reporting it bud.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I absolutely love your work Sancho1969. I'm having this weird issue in a few scenes the MC's name reverts to Tremonia is it intended?
If you mean "Tremelo" then check your in-game phone, and see the nickname settings. You can change nicknames for all the major LI's/MC there. I don't override those, you get to change them as you wish. I only override the MC's set in-game name via SanchoCheats... the same name you typed in when starting the VN for the first time. I bet that's what you're seeing. Keep in mind that those nicknames carry over to scene galleries as well (both the VN's and the mod's gallery). If they are not set then they go to defaults set by the developer, not me.

If the above is not what you are having an issue with then give me an example with a pic inside a spoiler tag (or a thumbnail) so I can isolate.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
For five days you've persevered. You've fought with everything you have to wait for SanchoMod to experience Episode 10 for the first time. You await no more my dear friends. Please allow me to present...

The Brisket Cake Update
View attachment 3168357

Go get you some.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters.

In the words of Jay Hunter from OSW Reviews, "Let's do it to it!" ;) Knowing this game, it may take a few gaming sessions to get through, but does boot and save load OK, so that's a start. I'll let you know if I run into any problems. Thank you so very much for doing this!!!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Dark Silence, I'm moving your quote in here so my reply to you doesn't get buried in the VN's thread.

Can't import my end of 9.1 saves. So should I move saves into save folder of 10?
No, the import process does not use the actual save files, it uses a data file that's created when you export from S2.
  • To find this data file (to make sure you have it) navigate to: (user name)/AppData/RenPy/persistent
  • Note: that is the "persistent" directory (folder), NOT the file named "persistent"
  • The export data (regardless of how many saves you export) is all in one file named exactly: BeingADIKSeason2Transfer1366998845 (it has no file extension).
  • If you do not see that file then you must make an export at the end of S2... or if you are on a new PC then grab that file from your previous PC you ran S2 on.
Make sense?

Edited for easier readability.

Last edited:

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021

The Brisket Cake Update
View attachment 3168357

Go get you some.

8WLDgCB.gif
well fucking done :love: I'm about shitfaced right now so I'll check it out tomorrow

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hmmm, to play now or to play later when Sancho is completely done with the mod. Decisions, decisions.
The only thing not truly done is 3 complex minigame cheats. The ChoiceGuide cannot be further detailed since most of the Event variables introduced in Ep10's choices have zero consequence yet. You're good to go.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Dark Silence, I'm moving your quote in here so my reply to you doesn't get buried in the VN's thread.

No, the import process does not use the actual save files, it uses a data file that's created when you export from S2.

To find this data file (to make sure you have it) go to (user name)/AppData/RenPy/persistent Note: that is the "persistent" directory, not the file named "persistent"... and it's the file named exactly BeingADIKSeason2Transfer1366998845 (it has no file extension). If you do not see that file then you must make an export at the end of S2... or if you are on a new PC then grab that file from your previous PC you ran S2 on.

Make sense?
Yeah. I don't have that file. How do I export the save, bro? I don't see an option to export.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yeah. I don't have that file. How do I export the save, bro? I don't see an option to export.
In S2 load a save near the end of Ep8.. play it to the very end and you will automatically be given the option to not only export your "save" but also name it (if memory serves). I have ~12 exports so I know it works... granted I made them many moons ago.

lobotomist

Sep 4, 2017
There are no such booleans... it would require a dictionary or a list to be appended at a minimum anyway tbh. He does hijack your Discord (not via SanchoMod though) but that's the only tracking being done that I've ever found.
ep8_maya_lewd, ep5_followed_maya, ep7_solo_maya, ep3_mayaLewd... etc

Were those not real bools? Because If those are real, you dont need a dictionary At any point in the game he could have a long list of if's just adding and substracting kinda like the code that was posted before. I mean if that code before was real it wouldn't even be the first time it has been done and without dictionaries.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
In S2 load a save near the end of Ep8.. play it to the very end and you will automatically be given the option to not only export your "save" but also name it (if memory serves). I have ~12 exports so I know it works... granted I made them many moons ago.
Well, that's not going to work. I don't have any saves from the end of 8 anymore.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes