Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Does this mod work in joiplay?
The mod's current core (v7) works on any device including handhelds that fully emulate Win/Mac/Linux... Android is a little bitch so no, not JoiPlay. Maybe (hopefully) when I finish the core v8 which is still in development as I find time between VN updates.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
We need an 'Auto' mode for science class. Man, what a shit class.
Patience please. I've more on my plate than I can chew but I'm knocking out issues and requests steadily.

That said Science may not be as tough for me to code as I first thought... the idea I had for Brawler (which works flawlessly thank goodness) might in theory may work similarly for the Lab. That cheat will either be very easy or massively difficult... coin toss at the moment. Need more coffee...

I'll pack as much as I can in today's scheduled maintenance update since I won't be able to come back to it for a few days most likely. Other projects await.

• Red Heart
Reactions: GoWFO

LoGyMW

Nov 21, 2022
SanchoNote

You've asked for a hero.
You've wondered if it's possible to be an MMA master.
Well, how 'bout this little ditty?

Choose whether the Brawler "AutoSmash" is visible or not, and select the Brawler difficulty at anytime and in real-time:
View attachment 3172483

Press the "AutoSmash" if desired (it's not mandatory of course):
View attachment 3172484 View attachment 3172486 View attachment 3172488

Smash!:
View attachment 3172485 View attachment 3172487 View attachment 3172489

... GOAT

Coming via Maintenance Update 12/14/2023.
Sancho to the rescue, as always. Very much appreciated for all your hard work.

LivingUnderARock

Nov 22, 2021
Good morning (0600hrs here waiting for coffee to finish brewing).
Let's get some pings addressed:

@Sancho1969 I'm getting the message "Mod not installed correctly" in the lower left of the main menu screen.
I've installed a clean version 0.10.0 of the game (mac, including fixing the execute bits, a more common RenPy issue of late) and your mod - nothing else - and have confirmed that the mod files are in the correct location.
Any clues on what to look for?
See post here and do exactly that for Win/Mac/Linux and report back please.
I did exactly that in a new location from the game and mod zips as DL'd from Mega, which is how I had installed it in the first place.
The only change to any files was setting the execute bit, which I've seen as being unset on more RenPy games of late:
cmmod +x /tmp/BeingADIK-0.10.0-macOS/BeingADIK_Season3/BeingADIK.app/Contents/MacOS/*

Behavior same as before: "Mod not installed correctly"

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
SanchoNote

You've asked for a hero.

Choose whether the Brawler "AutoSmash" is visible or not, and select the Brawler difficulty at anytime and in real-time:
View attachment 3172483

Smash!:

... GOAT

You Sir are a legend

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I changed line 969 of screens.rpy to just "if True:" and it's fine. Interestingly, I don't see any .rpyc files, maybe something to keep in mind.
I didn't build the stock VN's packages in the VN's thread bud. You found that rpy via the original .app packaging, not the mod. That said you best be careful, if you blow the entire app package open the mod is going to get really pissed off. I only offer tech support for the PC build tbh, so be cautious with the app file as you are venturing off on your own if you fuck around too much. Cool?

LivingUnderARock

Nov 22, 2021
I didn't build the stock VN's packages in the VN's thread bud. You found that rpy via the original .app packaging, not the mod. That said you best be careful, if you blow the entire app package open the mod is going to get really pissed off. I only offer tech support for the PC build tbh, so be cautious with the app file as you are venturing off on your own if you fuck around too much. Cool?
No problem, I'm pretty used to both game and mod devs focusing on Windows - that's why so many of the games need twiddling of the execute bits, because they never actually got tested. And I'm not scared of hacking around in python, so many games are buggy it just seems to come with the territory.
I may try it on my Windows machine to see where it lays down the .rpyc files - or not - but the Mac is just so much faster, and I'm a Unix guy so it's a more natural command-line environment for me.
Cheers!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
We need an 'Auto' mode for science class. Man, what a shit class. I don't know if you've already done it and will come in a future update, I haven't read your old posts. I'm just stopping by to thank you for the mod, I could only finish Ep.10 today and your mod was perfect, I didn't find any flaws. Thank you again.
Any other requests? :p

SanchoNote

You've asked for a hero.

View attachment 3172483

Smash!:

... GOAT

SanchoNote

Release your inner Frankenstein in the lab.

Choose whether the Science Class "AutoLabRat" is visible or not, and select the Lab difficulty at anytime and in real-time:
BaD SM B17e00.jpg

Press the "AutoLabRat" if desired (it's not mandatory of course):
BaD SM B17e01.jpg

It's alive!:
BaD SM B17e02.jpg BaD SM B17e03.jpg

... GOAT'd again.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021

SanchoNote

Choose whether the Science Class "AutoLabRat" is visible or not, and select the Lab difficulty at anytime and in real-time:
View attachment 3173028

View attachment 3173030

It's alive!:
View attachment 3173032 View attachment 3173035

... GOAT'd again.

brilliant, one less time sink in the game (y)

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020

SanchoNote

View attachment 3173028

View attachment 3173030

It's alive!:
View attachment 3173032 View attachment 3173035

... GOAT'd again.

Not going to ace it like the others tests? Will have to play it manually if I want 100%? I'm guiding the MC into being an honor student, with better grades than even the Tri-Betas. :LOL:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Not going to ace it like the others tests? Will have to play it manually if I want 100%? I'm guiding the MC into being an honor student, with better grades than even the Tri-Betas. :LOL:
Nope. I've played this damn game... the MC is far from a genius so there's no way in hell I'm going to offer him and easy path to acing the whole semester. :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay folks, that's got these main issues/requests/goals knocked off the ever growing pending changelog list:
  • Disco lights save fixer and fast travel corrections.
  • Music player default dev's coded features embellished to work proper (no more restarting the VN) and corrected the mod not saving "favorites". Works fully with out without the OG Music Mod (instructions in the OP) automatically.
  • Added more SanchoNotes to the ChoiceGuide as deemed appropriate.
  • Added Brawler cheat plus difficulty setting adjustment.
  • Added Science Class cheat plus difficulty setting adjustment.
What's on the back burner for now:
  • Fish minigame - feed your own damn fish.
  • Pong minigame - really? bounce your own damn ball.
  • PartyPlanner - fuck my life... plan your own damn party for now.
:ROFLMAO::p
I'll take a smoke break outside, kick the dog (again, it's terminology, don't fucking freak out!), and start getting the maintenance update processed.

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
Okay folks, that's got these main issues/requests/goals knocked off the ever growing pending changelog list:
  • Disco lights save fixer and fast travel corrections.
  • Music player default dev's coded features embellished to work proper (no more restarting the VN) and corrected the mod not saving "favorites". Works fully with out without the OG Music Mod (instructions in the OP) automatically.
  • Added more SanchoNotes to the ChoiceGuide as deemed appropriate.
  • Added Brawler cheat plus difficulty setting adjustment.
  • Added Science Class cheat plus difficulty setting adjustment.
What's on the back burner for now:
  • Fish minigame - feed your own damn fish.
  • Pong minigame - really? bounce your own damn ball.
  • PartyPlanner - fuck my life... plan your own damn party for now.
:ROFLMAO::p
I'll take a smoke break outside, kick the dog (again, it's terminology, don't fucking freak out!), and start getting the maintenance update processed.
Fish minigame is not much more challenging than watering the plant Jamie gives MC, anyways. Ping Pong minigame is harder to lose in than win sometimes. :oops:

Party planner is easy using this console command at the perk selection list:
pp_perk_list=[True, True, True, True, True, True, True, True, True, True, True, False]

For the budget:
pp_money=insert desired amount here

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
pp_perk_list=[True, True, True, True, True, True, True, True, True, True, True, False]
Problem: that makes for what is impossible via normal playthrough, something that no SanchoCheat does. I've coded every single cheat from the beginning of S1 so as to only be an outcome that could be made the same way via non-cheating.

Exceptions are the DIK and Money cheats... but I got so much heat and toxic posts because I didn't have them originally that I caved and made them anyway. I did make them as safe as possible though (which still pisses some folks off but fuck 'em, I'm saving them from themselves).

What I'm getting at is that when I make the PartyPlanner it will be like the Mansion minigame cheat... it will be both elaborate and safe no matter what Pink does in the future. Bottom line: the ending result in the PartyPlanner are obvious from the dev's code that there is no accounting for perfection... which tells me he's going to check it later. It won't be me in that crossfire if I can help it.

I'm not wagging my finger at you, just explaining my method on creating cheats for this particular VN.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes