Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
this is the only harem mod so its worth waiting for.
Wrong... I provide split scenes during in-game but have never, ever altered LI paths unless the player chooses to do so themselves via SanchoCheats... and in this case for S3 I've (so far) only allowing you to change the particular Branch during play in real-time to stay in coherence of pure play.

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
Well, if I'm being honest I use mostly only integer and boolean logic in my persona code. Strings are due to necessity only but usually are the most common factor in bugs due to spelling, etc. My point being that pure logic is black, white, and various shades of gray or grey (see what I did there?). Integers and booleans keep those shades at bay.
As a person who confuses simple things like left and right, enums make things much easier for me.

Using enums like
Python:
from enum import IntEnum

class mood(IntEnum):
    HAPPY = 1
    SAD = 2
    JEALOUS = 3

jillMood = mood.HAPPY

if jillMood == mood.JEALOUS:
    print("Jill: I am so jealous of Josey.")
elif jillMood == mood.SAD:
    print("Jill: I am sad that Tremolo is banging Bella on her dining room table.")
elif jillMood == mood.HAPPY:
    print("Jill: I am so happy that Sage no longer thinks I'm dating Tybalt.")
else:
    print("Jill: I don't know what mood I'm in.")
would be much easier than
Python:
from enum import IntEnum

jillMood = 1

if jillMood == 3:
elif jillMood == 2:
elif jillMood == 1:
else:
and give the same results.
1671598442975.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
As a person who confuses simple things like left and right, enums make things much easier for me.

Using enums like
Python:
from enum import IntEnum

class mood(IntEnum):
    HAPPY = 1
    SAD = 2
    JEALOUS = 3

jillMood = mood.HAPPY

if jillMood == mood.JEALOUS:
elif jillMood == mood.SAD:
elif jillMood == mood.HAPPY:
else:
would be much easier than
Python:
from enum import IntEnum

jillMood = 1

if jillMood == 3:
elif jillMood == 2:
elif jillMood == 1:
else:
and give the same results.
View attachment 2251849
Well, sir, you just used integers in but a different way than the dev to similar results. That's how code works... there's a "fingerprint" and one of the reasons I became a "black sheep" around here (and why many of my best mods are not listed in VN OPs). (not against you) I call out those "modders" that are bullshit... and that has cost me with those in power 'round these parts. But fuck 'em... I don't work my ass for them... I work for me, then give to you, they can suck my... well, no they can't, no homo. :ROFLMAO: :p

Death_Ripper

Feb 2, 2019
Bro 1st thx for your work you allways do a greath job with your mods 2nd when do you think you can finish the mod?btw l m not rushing you I just check every 30m so it s just to know when to look I m not playing the game without it

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
BTW: It is fucking done.

I have to compile and integrity check but I'll damn well have this thing out today (it's 2311 hours here now so it'll be a challenge before 2400).

Prepare yourselves: Something wicked this way comes....
Is the 8.3 version good to go or will you have to make changes to that as well?

greenjf

Sep 23, 2020
I think he wants to know if things that happen in this update might need to be reflected in choices in S1/S2.

Mar 15, 2021
BTW: It is fucking done.

I have to compile and integrity check but I'll damn well have this thing out today (it's 2311 hours here now so it'll be a challenge before 2400).

Prepare yourselves: Something wicked this way comes....
It's Christmas before time guys.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (Ep 9)

Go get you some.

Links in the OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters.

Regards and enjoy.

(~20 minutes late but what's a few minutes amongst friends? Am I right?)

Edit: Note the music reversion instructions if you wish. The mod will automatically note whether you implemented it or not (that's how we roll, good code). It's your choice but you have nothing to loose by doing it, it simply reverts to the old music that was removed, nothing new is taken away.

If you fucked up and used another mod or some other shenanigans and need proper import files for all Routes then see post here. Use at your own discretion, I'm not responsible for you fucking up your game... follow instructions... read them.

Last edited:

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Not that you need my permission or anything (obviously) but I personally wouldn't mind if you continue to tinker with this at your own pace. I've got to start allllll over anyway since the multi-path stuff of another mod isn't being continued to be supported. Which is fine, nobody is obligated to do anything. Plus it was my decision to play a game in development and play a game in development with a mod in development lol. But anyway, that and the next-gen of Witcher 3 came out and I'm tinkering with that and mods, so replaying this game yet again - no big hurry. Plus I'm sure there will be a 9.2 or 9.3.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Not that you need my permission or anything (obviously) but I personally wouldn't mind if you continue to tinker with this at your own pace. I've got to start allllll over anyway since the multi-path stuff of another mod isn't being continued to be supported. Which is fine, nobody is obligated to do anything. Plus it was my decision to play a game in development and play a game in development with a mod in development lol. But anyway, that and the next-gen of Witcher 3 came out and I'm tinkering with that and mods, so replaying this game yet again - no big hurry. Plus I'm sure there will be a 9.2 or 9.3.
BaDIK is my personal testing ground for new code, so I will certainly continue to "tinker". But don't fret, v0.9.1 of the mod is just freshly released (see updated OP). Go get you some. Regards.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes