Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Kyusen

Apr 19, 2020
Cant get it to work, i used my save files from interlude and they work, but after i install the mod the savefile doesnt load anymore and the game frezes (music still playing) need to go to task manager and close the game. help pls!! I played interlude without any mod it seams.
Same here, when i press import the game freezes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I like how in-depth this mod is until you realize it doesn't let you change your wallet's amount :HideThePain:
Time to make MC'sDaddyTrustFund Ver 0.1
If you use the mod as it were you'd never need to add to the wallet. If there was then I would have coded a cheat for it. It's pointless. Show me where, via normal playthrough, that it's an issue. I've spent countless hours coding you copouts for minigames if you don't want to play them, showing you where all the hidden money is in all freeroams... all of them. So, what exactly is the issue bud? Why are you out of wallet funds?

S3XYYYY1

Feb 26, 2019
not sure if theres anything u can do, but when using your saves and changing the MC name it doesnt change in some places.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Just a heads up, got an error using this as soon as I try to enable the ministat screen.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Guessing it's not designed to be used on a non Isabella path lol.

EDIT: Nevermind. Seems it doesn't work in general. Tried on all paths, even the Others path, and it still gives that error.
The dev's default save import give credit for pathIsabella as noted in this snippet:
Python:
$ pathIsabella = mp.pathIsabella[mp_slot]

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
not sure if theres anything u can do, but when using your saves and changing the MC name it doesnt change in some places.
The MC only had a first name previously, now has an additional surname (which is accounted for in the new SanchoMod's character renaming feature). What other places other than first and surname do you mean?

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
Man... that sucks.

Don't know why my saves are borked though. I used SanchoMod through the first two seasons and imported it into the third season just fine and played through Zoey's story with no issues. Now trying to play this new update, and it gives me that error even though everything was fine previously.

UGH!

Guess I gotta start over from scratch then (don't like using other's saves as I prefer to have my own choices). Well, at least I got plenty of time before the next update lol.

Thanks for the heads up at least. Appreciate it.
Yea I just have Bella's pure path left to play and I'm back to pre-season 3 as well so I know that feeling very well :p Hang in there brother!

Reactions: SpyderArachnid

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
If you use the mod as it were you'd never need to add to the wallet.
That's something I disagree with. There are two points in the game where a money cheat is useful. In Ep1 you could buy all possible Brawler items in the first free roam when you get ready for josy date and then there are the goods of Magnar and Derek. Sure, with this mod you didn't need anything of this but some people are hunter-gatherers. I'm with you saying it's not needed but different people have different visions of their needs.

Thank you for your update.

S3XYYYY1

Feb 26, 2019
The MC only had a first name previously, now has an additional surname (which is accounted for in the new SanchoMod's character renaming feature). What other places other than first and surname do you mean?
like when someone says the mc name it still sancho even tho i renamed it. its fine when the mc is talking and stuff 1671618186557.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
like when someone says the mc name it still sancho even tho i renamed it. its fine when the mc is talking and stuff View attachment 2252334
I see the issue due to:
zo "{i}I stopped writing [name] daily after the first few months...{/i}"

The rename changes "mc" and not "name" exclusively. I can sort that out (fucking Pink, he should be using '[mc]'). I'll add that to the next maintenance update for resolution bud. Thanks for reporting it.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
You want my personal import files from S2? Yeah, I figured you lazy DIKs would.
(especially those that used 'the wrong mod' beforehand).

Before starting this process, backup your own from:
AppData/Roaming/RenPy/persistent

The file in particular you want to backup is:
BeingADIKSeason2Transfer1366998845

Got it? If not do NOT proceed... (fucking DIKs are all the same).

Okay, you got some snap and have it backed up. DL the attached and copy/paste the extracted file into the folder/directory:
AppData/Roaming/RenPy/persistent

If done correctly you will then see a file named exactly:
BeingADIKSeason2Transfer1366998845 inside that folder ( the same name of the file you backed up )

We still on point? Good, let's continue. Start the game, choose "Import" and knock yourself out. Yes, the MC's name will be whatever the fuck I named it so change it via SanchoCheats... don't be that DIK that asks me how.

Enjoy or don't... whatever. You do this on your own free will... don't be that DIK that asks for further assistance, read the damn instructions. :p
we're not worthy.gif

Arcturius

Jun 13, 2020
short question Sancho1969 do you think that you will also provide a SanchoMod SE Audio Edition for Being a dik in the near future?

Finally, thank you very much for your hard work and the time you spend on it.

To be honest, I can't imagine the game without your mod at all :D

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
Damn, still a whole lot people on about "Money! Gimme the money! GIMMEEEEH!" :ROFLMAO:

As for a cheat... It's seriously not needed. ><

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I did post previously here about how to "fix your own money" using editors earlier in this thread.. But just as some don't want to read stuff older than 1 or 2 posts in majority of threads, to realize it's been mentioned many times a money cheat ain't worth the trouble. I'm gonna be too "lazy" to find my old post and point to it! :p

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And thank you Sancho for the mod! I'll be cleaning up my S3 persistents, and do the full wipe later, and give it a go! :D
Looking forward to it!

Cheers!

And happy holidays everyone! :)

Kyusen

Apr 19, 2020
my game doesnt freez on import, when i try to load a save that was imported allready from S2, the save works without the mod.
Its the same issue, when i try to load a save already imported i can't click the save and when i try to import a save it freezes... Maybe it's because I'm on mobile with joyplay

Cedroc1701

Mar 1, 2022
Holy cow what a beast of a freeroam (series...) I can't believe you have this thing mostly tamed. Amazing work Sancho, as always.

Hopefully you can get some rest now and prep for the storm (both the winter one and the hailof malformed bug reports.)

In Sancho We Trust

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
Its the same issue, when i try to load a save already imported i can't click the save and when i try to import a save it freezes... Maybe it's because I'm on mobile with joyplay
AFAIK, Sancho's mod is not designed for mobile/android/etc.
Only PC(maybe mac?)
Try playing the game with his mod on a PC, and see if your issues persists. (They(the problems) shouldn't)

woodyy

May 19, 2017
AFAIK, Sancho's mod is not designed for mobile/android/etc.
Only PC(maybe mac?)
Try playing the game with his mod on a PC, and see if your issues persists. (They(the problems) shouldn't)
I am on a pc and its still happens to me :(

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes