Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Maybe a silly question but what does TC stand for with some of the choices during the Halloween party?
Nobody knows what it stands for, but it's clearly a counter how much you hit other girls if you're on a MainLI branch. Actually there's no outcome but I'm sure there will be some sort of backfire in future episodes. I've found the variable in the code and listed up where to get points here.

Reactions: surfacecoaster

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
First off, thanks for the reply, secondly, now that you mention the traceback, there isn't one, its straight crash to desktop, no error message.

The mod worked fine in interlude and in 9.0, i have since downloaded 9.1(both game and mod) and it crashes, i unpacked the game again, deleted BaDIK Season 3 folder, didn't install the mod and it still crashes in the exact same place, that i believe to be on the transition from non-free roam to free roam, but i'm not 100% sure.

What i'm wondering now is, while i have used scrappy mod in Season 1&2, i did new full playthrough of S1&2 with only Sancho mod(redownloaded 8.3 for clean unpack) but i didn't delete any Appdata folder, so i don't know if there's remnants of scrappy's mod on there still.
What you're experiencing then doesn't sound like a crash at all. Likely, DPC just "kills" the process (sort of like shutting down a process in the task manager) thus you get no log or anything because renpy doesn't actually crash, but the program shutsdown.

alukaa

Nov 5, 2018
Imagine if Sancho has something like BADIK and something like chasing sunsets releasing on the same day, poor guy.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
short question Sancho1969 do you think that you will also provide a SanchoMod SE Audio Edition for Being a dik in the near future?

Finally, thank you very much for your hard work and the time you spend on it.

To be honest, I can't imagine the game without your mod at all :D
Good morning. As Frostvred mentioned above I've already done it. The process is the same as in S2v0.8.3 by copying one file over to the correct location. The mod will automatically detect if it's done or not. Regards.

budgierless

Aug 6, 2020
SanchoNote - Music Replacement

You might want to bookmark this for later. These will be the instructions for getting all the music back like it was pre v0.8.3 (either SanchoModded or un-modded) and are to be used in conjunction with the pending SanchoMod S1/S2 v0.8.3 update OR the separate patch for you folks running virgin (un-modded), both of which should be available later this evening.

Q: But Sancho, is there a difference between the two?
A: Yes, I'm so glad you asked. The difference between the pending SanchoMod update and the un-modded patch are as follows: you virgins running un-modded will get MOST of the music back but I'm not about to change hundreds of files and more code lines than I already have to get you 100%. If you want 100% then the SanchoMod multi-mod will get you done. That's the breaks Sparky, there's always a trade off.

Enough yammering, instructions are as follows (don't worry, I know what I'm doing as I recently reverted almost all the music for another very popular VN (LoF) recently and it went seamlessly for thousands of players):
  • From either your v0.8.2 installation OR it's original zip file grab one file being exactly "music_ep1.rpa" found inside the "game" folder (directory).
  • After you've installed the new SanchoMod v0.8.3 OR the separate patch for those playing un-modded, copy that old "music_ep1.rpa" file inside your v0.8.3's "game" folder, overwriting the one that exists currently.
  • Done.
Easy, right? Yeah, but I'm sure there's a ton of folks that will still fuck it up as always. Don't be that DIK, follow the instructions for the sake of both your sanity and mine, please. My nightly Crown & Cokes only provide me so much tolerance so cut me some slack.

Works in-game, at the Main Menu, on the Old Phone, and on the New Phone:
View attachment 2055451 View attachment 2055452 View attachment 2055453

It's just one of the many new features the pending SanchoMod update gives you (and a bonus patch for you mod virgins).

Regards.
If its not too mush problem, could you please add a link to download the music file as i cant get access to 8.2 all link i try are not dead, i have been looking all day, so if you or anyone else who has it can post it i would be very grateful, thanks.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
If its not too mush problem, could you please add a link to download the music file as i cant get access to 8.2 all link i try are not dead, i have been looking all day, so if you or anyone else who has it can post it i would be very grateful, thanks.
Most of the links in the v0.8.2 compressed post are still working. Maybe try those. You can find that post here.

Reactions: budgierless

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
I dropped a mega link for the music file in a post in the previous page.
If still looking..

budgierless

Aug 6, 2020
Most of the links in the v0.8.2 compressed post are still working. Maybe try those. You can find that post here.
Sancho1969 Yes, i did see this before, bit i was not sure if the audio was also compressed which would lower the quality of the sound!! but i guess it may be also untouched, looks like its the only option, but hey its something, thanks for push, i so happy and proud of your work, bless you.

BTW the was is their more longterm work still pending for this update but left for another time or is it the final with only future bugg fix updates if needed?

UPDATE: The audio from the compressed version is also compressed so it has less quality but still works, Anyway thanks to Frostvred who shared the larger uncompressed version we dont need to worry for as long as the link exist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sancho1969

kippei

Nov 25, 2017
I see the issue due to:
zo "{i}I stopped writing [name] daily after the first few months...{/i}"

The rename changes "mc" and not "name" exclusively. I can sort that out (fucking Pink, he should be using '[mc]'). I'll add that to the next maintenance update for resolution bud. Thanks for reporting it.
Not sure if it's related, but when I change the name from MC to something else in SanchoGallery, there are dialogue that still use MC still. It's in both 8.3 and 9.1 mods. Sorry if this was mentioned before, I tried using search function using "name" but just saw this one as the closest to it.

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
Thanks, maybe that link can be added to Sancho1969 post so others can find it easy.
That would be entirely up to him! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
It's only a 130mb odd file, so I'm in no hurry "freeing" up that space. ><
And if it woudl happen some time in the future, I'm still keeping the zip for uncompressed 8.1 for a rainy day.. ><

Woxiic

Jul 20, 2022
View attachment 1673141

Overview:
SanchoMod Fully Cocked - In-game mod for Being a DIK
Multi-mod adds support for save descriptions, choice guide, custom stat screens, custom scene gallery, custom settings, custom fonts and more.

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Developer whose respective links are found below.

S1/S2 - SanchoMod Core v6a
S3 - SanchoMod Core v6a3
Massive overhaul of core mod with 1,000's of cumulative hours in development .

This mod is huge in content and size.
Note: older processors will experience some lag simply due to resource demands.
Everything has been tested to be rock-solid as you've come to expect from SanchoMod.
Welcome to my personal sandbox, free of cat shit and fleas, shared to SanchoMod fans. Enjoy.

Updated: 12-21-2022
Game/Creator: Being a DIK / DrPinkCake /
Modder: Sancho1969 F95
Mod Version: S2 v0.8.3 / S3 v0.9.1
Game Version: S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.9.1
Language: English

Features:
  • Improved aesthetics with animated mod menus/screens, all fully customizable to tailor your personal experience.
  • Too many story branches got you down 'cause you can't remember which of your saves is which? I gotcha covered. Includes the Original SanchoMod save description feature. Often imitated (including the use of my GUI buttons) the SanchoSave is more intelligent and efficient, saving you keystrokes as it autoloads the save slot descriptions and it also allows you to completely escape the process of saving if you wish (I've personally not seen this feature with other imitations). Feature can be toggled on/off anytime as desired.
  • Adds multiple exhaustive stats screens always accessible via the MiniMenu or Options menu. Resizable, toggle-enabled, various formats, and more.
  • Adds in-game walkthrough (ChoiceGuide) noting all variable changes and highlighting important choices. Can be toggled on/off at anytime, play as YOU want to play. You are not forced to view spoilers if you do not wish.
  • Multiple opacity and text sizing options to customize your experience including dialogue boxes, text and fonts, QuickMenu sizing and format versions, and more. All can be toggled on/off as desired, again allowing you even more control to tailor your experience.
  • Adds a custom fully unlocked scene gallery (SanchoGallery) that runs completely independent.
  • Adds professionally coded custom cheats (SanchoCheats) if applicable (varies from port to port). S1/S2 Includes dynamic variable and mini game cheat options.
  • Adds the ability to view multiple scenes (SanchoSplits) if menu choice has a scene/route split.
  • Dynamic MiniStat guide for FreeRoam, DnG, Hangout events, Mansion events and more.
  • Way too many new features to list.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
SaveFixer:
(Using SanchoModded saves in an unmodded game)
Change-Log:

SanchoMod GUI/Features
View attachment 1673164 View attachment 1673165 View attachment 1673166 View attachment 1673167
View attachment 1673168 View attachment 1673169 View attachment 1673170 View attachment 1673171 View attachment 1673174
Dynamic ChoiceGuide
View attachment 1673175 View attachment 1673176 View attachment 1673177 View attachment 1673178 View attachment 1673179 View attachment 1673180
SanchoCheats
View attachment 1673209 View attachment 1673210 View attachment 1673211 View attachment 1673212 View attachment 1673214 View attachment 1673213 View attachment 1673215 View attachment 1673216

(Screenshot below explains the SanchoMod interface/features)
View attachment 1673222
If you enjoy my mods and guides, please consider smashing the "(y)like" to give me support. You won't see links or advertisements in any of my mods, all I ask is for your gratitude if you enjoy my work. Feel free to follow my profile where I post new mods, updates, and status of works-in-progress. If you find this particular mod beneficial and/or enjoyable, consider leaving a proper review and a "vote" so others might benefit from your personal experience. My personal thanks (as always) to the hardworking devs, compressors, and admins. Kindest regards and be well.

For those few scrub code bandits, please see the fine print below.
Special note to a couple wanna-be hack "modders" out there: I know you're stealing my code for your personal monetary gain. Keep it up and I'll call you out publicly with ample evidence.
Always give credit to the rightful creator, show respect, and don't get your hand stuck in the cookie jar.
It's not working to import the saves and use the ones you've already played, I'm playing with joiplay. does anyone know how to solve this?

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
I had this error pop up during the drinking contest. Since it has the sm prefix like the variables for Jill's mood as a text and I never experienced it without the mod, I thought it would probably be best to report it here.

1671652501667.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Not sure if it's related, but when I change the name from MC to something else in SanchoGallery, there are dialogue that still use MC still. It's in both 8.3 and 9.1 mods. Sorry if this was mentioned before, I tried using search function using "name" but just saw this one as the closest to it.
Yeah, it's related if using my import file... it's due to how the dev is using different variables for the MC in dialogue. I can probably sort that out in a maintenance update later this evening.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes