Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I had this error pop up during the drinking contest. Since it has the sm prefix like the variables for Jill's mood as a text and I never experienced it without the mod, I thought it would probably be best to report it here.

View attachment 2253403
Damnit... I kinda fucked up that whole drinking event... I honestly forgot about that event while doing my final testing last night and here it is biting me in the ass. I've sorted it. Give me a bit to see if I can quick-fix the import file naming issue while I have the project open. If I can then I'll release a maintenance update in a bit and make a post about that here mentioning you folks that reported issues so that you are flagged.

Reactions: monk456

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod - Update (critical)

Links in OP and it's associated FAQ are updated.

Changlelog:
  • Resolved - issue with MC's name change not being reflected properly in alt-character's dialogue when importing a S2 save and then renaming the MC via SanchoCheats .
  • Resolved - issue of exception error during the Ep 9 freeroam drinking event.
Mentions: kippei Night Hacker deuxrayme

Prevat

Jul 11, 2017
I am truly impressed by how slick the ui is too (screen apearing and disapearing). How many paths are even in this game? The amount of affort is crazy you have my thanks!

Reactions: Sancho1969

Lumi24

Mar 21, 2022
Getting these exceptions when I try using the auto smash feature on Vinny
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

After ignoring all these, it eventually leads me to this and I'm stuck
Screenshot 2022-12-21 at 21.47.50.png

Have I possibly fucked up somewhere when installing the mod? I thought I followed the instructions properly

Edit: after searching through the game's thread, it seems like you can't win the fight with Vinny anyway

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2020
If you use the mod as it were you'd never need to add to the wallet. If there was then I would have coded a cheat for it. It's pointless. Show me where, via normal playthrough, that it's an issue. I've spent countless hours coding you copouts for minigames if you don't want to play them, showing you where all the hidden money is in all freeroams... all of them. So, what exactly is the issue bud? Why are you out of wallet funds?
issa joke son. I know you read Crossed but you don't gotta act like one :FacePalm:

MilfyAces

Nov 12, 2018
Has anyone found the best way at the mini-game yet? How to put everything right to get as much as possible. It's kinda confusing for me yet;)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Has anyone found the best way at the mini-game yet? How to put everything right to get as much as possible. It's kinda confusing for me yet;)
It'll take me time to code an elaborate cheat for it like I did with S2's Mansion mini-game. One of the issues is that the mid section of the puzzle is variable (the placement of the DIKs is the same but the characters are not). The upper and bottom are static. This posses more complex issue to deal with at the moment.

Why was this removed from the Being a DIK extras in the main thread?
imho? politics. there's many posts i could refer you to but more recent is here.

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
It'll take me time to code an elaborate cheat for it like I did with S2's Mansion mini-game. One of the issues is that the mid section of the puzzle is variable (the placement of the DIKs is the same but the characters are not). The upper and bottom are static. This posses more complex issue to deal with at the moment.

imho? politics. there's many posts i could refer you to but more recent is here.
Yeah I remember you saying Summer's Gone wouldn't add or deleted your mod from the main page. Seems like the mods have it out for you for some reason. Shit is slimy by them. Considering your mod is 100x better than Scrappy's.

lexhen

Jan 18, 2018
Hey Sancho, is harem via mod completely dead now? and if so can we edit the save variables with your mod to change a harem save into a LI save?
Sorry if it got answered before i've been going thru this forum so much lately my wires are getting crossed.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Music_ep1 from version 0.8.1

I don't have 8.2, so this is what you'll get! :p

edit: but it works fine for me.. missing tracks both show up, and play as should.
Thanks bud. I've linked your post in the replacement instructions (if you don't mind).

Reactions: Frostvred

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Getting these exceptions when I try using the auto smash feature on Vinny

After ignoring all these, it eventually leads me to this and I'm stuck
View attachment 2253653

Have I possibly fucked up somewhere when installing the mod? I thought I followed the instructions properly

Edit: after searching through the game's thread, it seems like you can't win the fight with Vinny anyway
:ROFLMAO: That's crazy. I knew it was un-winable but the code is setup to automatically put the Smash button in. Even in my testing the button defaulted to Null (had no effect) so the timer went down (as normal). I never got any of those exception but apparently you were literally smashing the hell out of that button to get the code to jump out of the loop! :p

• Haha
Reactions: Lumi24

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey Sancho, is harem via mod completely dead now? and if so can we edit the save variables with your mod to change a harem save into a LI save?
Sorry if it got answered before i've been going thru this forum so much lately my wires are getting crossed.
I've never had BaDIK coded for "harem". I write SanchoSplits were they make sense but that's really a scene viewing thing and not a "harem" setup. Maybe you're thinking of the other mod?

lexhen

Jan 18, 2018
when i say harem it's my oversimplification of the ability to get multiple path in a single save.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I am truly impressed by how slick the ui is too (screen apearing and disapearing). How many paths are even in this game? The amount of affort is crazy you have my thanks!
There's more "paths" than "branches". Paths were more or less replaced by Branches at the end of Season 2. As far as Branches you have the following to date:
  • Maya/Josy
  • Sage
  • Isabella
  • Jill
  • Others (literally called that... it'll likely split in the future)

Reactions: Prevat

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
when i say harem it's my oversimplification of the ability to get multiple path in a single save.
Understood. Multiple paths are allowed (S1/S2), multiple branches are not (S3). There's a difference. Blame the dev.

Reactions: -L-L-MJ-

lexhen

Jan 18, 2018
Understood. Multiple paths are allowed (S1/S2), multiple branches are not (S3). There's a difference. Blame the dev.
if we got a save where we chose All evry time in the past and finish chapter 8 with multiple LIs, can we fix it or does it mean the save is fucked?

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes