Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
(Sancho thanks for your hard works) ... ...something went wrong... .. When I click your Menu.and cheat.. it send me this
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/episode9/update9.rpy", line 1565, in <module>
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 2098, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 2111, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 2345, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 2348, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 2368, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 2112, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 2116, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 2132, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 2135, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 2135, in keywords
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 2140, in keywords
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 2144, in keywords
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 2146, in <module>
NameError: name 'smsagtmp' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/episode9/update9.rpyc", line 1565, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1561, in pause
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward, pause=delay)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in <lambda>
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)

Windows-10-10.0.18362
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.9.1
Wed Dec 28 10:21:38 2022
Apologies, I've been away from the studio this morning. Give me a bit to check it please.

Reactions: ReeseQian

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is the saves made using Scrappy's mod compatible in this mod?
You can likely now import your S2 saves into S3 if you used something else. I have SanchoMod doing its best to check your saves. If it finds something borked it will let you know and offer a fix while in-game. That said you still take your chances, I can't troubleshoot everything that happens outside of SanchoMod obviously... so there's only so much I can do.

If SanchoMod finds an issue with your import then it will let you know in the exact screenshot found in this thread's FAQ. You can also reference this post for the same screenshot showing a borked import and what the MiniStat will look like, and where the button is to fix it.

Reactions: Marvelboy22

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
(Sancho thanks for your hard works) ... ...something went wrong... .. When I click your Menu.and cheat.. it send me this
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/episode9/update9.rpyc", line 1565, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1561, in pause
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward, pause=delay)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in interact_core
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in <lambda>
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)

Windows-10-10.0.18362
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.9.1
Wed Dec 28 10:21:38 2022
Damnit. I see the issue. Rookie mistake as I was knee-deep into testing folks loading saves and fixing their fucked up games from other mods, and didn't test via direct import and play. Give me a bit to fix and post a hotfix.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Thank you Sancho. Not going to lie, your mod is one of the reasons i still check this game when a update is released. Got tired of all the circular drama long ago.

ReeseQian

Sep 16, 2019
Damnit. I see the issue. Rookie mistake as I was knee-deep into testing folks loading saves and fixing their fucked up games from other mods, and didn't test via direct import and play. Give me a bit to fix and post a hotfix.
Glad to hear that You find some Issue.. and.. Take your time Sancho.. No need to rush.. Sorry for this .. Wish I could help but Im not smart with coding and stuffs

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Glad to hear that You find some Issue.. and.. Take your time Sancho.. No need to rush.. Sorry for this .. Wish I could help but Im not smart with coding and stuffs
My fault, and completely rookie mistake. Since I'm already at it I'll add more to the code to also insure that the VarCheats are not available if the player is playing Interlude (as they aren't relevant yet). Since I'm adding more code I'll have to upload the entire mod. A small hotfix it off the table. Apologies for the inconvenience. I'll have it all sorted shortly (famous last words).
1672256031325.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod - Update (Critical)

Links in OP and it's associated FAQ are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • Resolved - issue of fatal exception thrown with new VarCheats when playing via Import rather than loading a previous save file.
  • Changed - Tightened up the VarCheat code to also be Episode specific.
  • Changed - Renamed and re-color coded the "TC" points to "TremoloCheat" points. (I'm assuming here but can change it later if found to be something else.)
Mentions: ReeseQian

john984

Jun 6, 2020
Sancho1969 Just came across your mod. For S3 is there a way to play getting all scenes? I had scrappy mod in the S1 and S2 and it let me play seeing all the scenes/routes.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 Just came across your mod. For S3 is there a way to play getting all scenes? I had scrappy mod in the S1 and S2 and it let me play seeing all the scenes/routes.
Like a "harem" mod? No. I have SanchoSplits (split scene options periodically in S2/S3) and I have a custom gallery (SanchoGallery). Otherwise SanchoMod has been about enhancement of the product and not overhauling it to do what it simply won't do coherently. There's no way to string all the branches/paths together without it being a convoluted mess and destroying the story flow. It's just my take on how I play a VN though. I'd rather not make a hot mess of things which is why I go out of my way to insure that the cheats available in all SanchoMods don't destroy the players saves. For example my Relp adjusters in VNs never go beyond current episode/chapter limits, etc. It's just how I roll I guess.

liberatorus

Jun 12, 2022
LMAO... Pinkcake is fucking up all those mods in the OP... but not SanchoMod. :LOL: :ROFLMAO: I see his little tricks all in the scripts... anti-mobile, anti-scrappy, anti-gallery unlock, etc. But haven't found any anti-SanchoMod (yet) :p
With DPC being so Anti Mod, it does beg the question. If he ever does manage to intentionally write some code that is anti-SanchoMod, would the saves always be recoverable some way (even if we have to put in some effort). I really don't want to have to redo an entire route just because DPC decides to punish us for using mods.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
With DPC being so Anti Mod, it does beg the question. If he ever does manage to intentionally write some code that is anti-SanchoMod, would the saves always be recoverable some way (even if we have to put in some effort). I really don't want to have to redo an entire route just because DPC decides to punish us for using mods.
Well bud, I obviously can't tell the future but I have yet to see a person that can even decipher SanchoMod much less beat me at my own game. I constantly fix broke shit by many, many top devs... most of these devs I'm in private communication with periodically since most appreciate the collaboration and professionalism. So, it's a game of wits at the end of the day but I have yet to be knocked off the mountain. (I know that sounds very conceded but why can't I be proud of conquering every single of the most elaborate VN's on the site? I was even the first person on the planet to crack and mod a RenPy v8 title, so yeah, I'll brag just a bit as I sip a whiskey... tis the season).

All bullshit aside brother, SanchoMod doesn't fuck your saves. Every single one of my mods even has a "SaveFixer" that allows you to load a save made while using SanchoMod inside an unmoddified game. Who else does that? Yeah, no one. Again, I can't tell anyone the future but personally I'm betting on me. Put your chips on whatever line you'd like on this craps table and let's roll those dice... 7 come 11. :p

Regards.

P.S. The above written mostly in jest... kind of... but not really :ROFLMAO:

liberatorus

Jun 12, 2022
Well bud, I obviously can't tell the future but I have yet to see a person that can even decipher SanchoMod much less beat me at my own game. I constantly fix broke shit by many, many top devs... most of these devs I'm in private communication with periodically since most appreciate the collaboration and professionalism. So, it's a game of wits at the end of the day but I have yet to be knocked off the mountain. (I know that sounds very conceded but why can't I be proud of conquering every single of the most elaborate VN's on the site? I was even the first person on the planet to crack and mod a RenPy v8 title, so yeah, I'll brag just a bit as I sip a whiskey... tis the season).

All bullshit aside brother, SanchoMod doesn't fuck your saves. Every single one of my mods even has a "SaveFixer" that allows you to load a save made while using SanchoMod inside an unmoddified game. Who else does that? Yeah, no one. Again, I can't tell anyone the future but personally I'm betting on me. Put your chips on whatever line you'd like on this craps table and let's roll those dice... 7 come 11. :p

Regards.

P.S. The above written mostly in jest... kind of... but not really :ROFLMAO:
Appreciate it, even though I am new to this site and the world of Renpy VNs in general. I do have significant programming experience thanks to my job so I won't have any trouble following instructions even if DPC manages to fuck something up.

But looking at the scope of your mods and how complicated is, I am betting on the fact that DPC probably won't want to put in the effort to specifically target your mod.

And I won't use the cheats anyway. I just really like the convenience of walkthroughs when wanting to follow a specific route. And all the additional free roam help that your mod provides is just a cherry on top.

Thanks for your amazing work, one day if I am so inclined I would love to dig into the scripts to see how you are implementing some of the more impressive features.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Appreciate it, even though I am new to this site and the world of Renpy VNs in general. I do have significant programming experience thanks to my job so I won't have any trouble following instructions even if DPC manages to fuck something up.

But looking at the scope of your mods and how complicated is, I am betting on the fact that DPC probably won't want to put in the effort to specifically target your mod.

And I won't use the cheats anyway. I just really like the convenience of walkthroughs when wanting to follow a specific route. And all the additional free roam help that your mod provides is just a cherry on top.

Thanks for your amazing work, one day if I am so inclined I would love to dig into the scripts to see how you are implementing some of the more impressive features.
Honestly I don't think the dev can figure out how to target the mod. It's just not reliant on any one thing to function. It's completely modular by purposeful design. I spent over a year developing the Core code to be just that. It makes it like Lego blocks so even if one block is missing the others don't really rely on it much.

And the cheats... they aren't your average cheats. They are in depth and non-game breaking. The cheat section is coded so that it's impossible to change multiple things that would otherwise be impossible during normal play... and that's again by design... to save folks from themselves. All SanchoMods are like this, they don't let you do things that are too far out of bounds. But at the end of the day the whole point of the mod is to only use whatever it is that suits your personal preference. Maybe a player only wants a guide and doesn't care to alter the GUI. Maybe the player doesn't want spoilers of a guide but wants enhance the dialogue, etc. Just use as much of the mod as you deem appropriate. What should matter is that once you have your preferred adjustments is that it feels like you are playing a game exactly how it was meant to be played... like there was no mod installed to begin with. That's the goal anyway.

Remember, I code these mods for my personal use, simply sharing them out of generosity. I want to play with a few tweaks and otherwise not even know there's anything else but the VN working... I want immersion. I hope you find that as well. Regards.

Reactions: zarachi and Malkina

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning. You guys kill me. In possibly hundreds of playthroughs of S1/S2 I've never ever needed additional money. If you don't like a particular minigame then use it's SanchoCheat for it (Tests, Brawler, etc). If I find time I guess I'll code something simple to allow the player to have up to 4 or 5 if they have less than that currently (to insure you don't break anything that might be important later in S3). No promises, I still have VN's to update and tricks to pull off for the S3 mod (yeah, I have a few more ideas but that's for another day). Regards.

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
Good morning. You guys kill me. In possibly hundreds of playthroughs of S1/S2 I've never ever needed additional money. If you don't like a particular minigame then use it's SanchoCheat for it (Tests, Brawler, etc). If I find time I guess I'll code something simple to allow the player to have up to 4 or 5 if they have less than that currently (to insure you don't break anything that might be important later in S3). No promises, I still have VN's to update and tricks to pull off for the S3 mod (yeah, I have a few more ideas but that's for another day). Regards.
Don't get it either. Money was never an issue. Rather got too much for my pocket.
Wouldn't waste any time on it. Really not necessary imho. Bet you can use that time better with all the releases past and upcoming days. ;)

Reactions: McGreed
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes