Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
The biggest money sink is Jacob's art, but since it is persistent across all playthroughs, you don't have to buy it all at once. Quinn's restaurant could also be a money pit, but I ignore it since there are scenes with all of those girls in other ways and SanchoGallery. I have used the console to cheat money a few times, but with the free roam guides, nerd payments, and minigame cheats, it was out of convenience instead of necessity.

Reactions: Klopdwerg

jeral077

Sep 8, 2022
hey, can someone help me with something, I want to reset the game data to start from 0 on S1 and S2... I already deleted my old files from the times I played and I still get the rewards and scenes, what I want is play with everything blocked to enjoy my way, thanks and please answer me

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
hey, can someone help me with something, I want to reset the game data to start from 0 on S1 and S2... I already deleted my old files from the times I played and I still get the rewards and scenes, what I want is play with everything blocked to enjoy my way, thanks and please answer me
For Season 1 / Season 2 - If you want to start from scratch, like you've never played before you need to do two things:

Delete your persistent file from both the "game/saves" directory AND "AppData/Roaming/RenPy/BeingaDIK-1535311494".

Alternatively you can delete those folders entirely which will remove the persistent files and your old saves.

The above is the same if you plan on playing modded or unmodded... it's a reset, removing all known RenPy hard personal data that the VN was ever played before.

Dec 3, 2019
Hey, Sancho1969 . I have played the entirety of seasons 1 and 2 with your mod, a great addition I must say. The problem is that I've been getting errors with chapter 9. I could play the Interlude, just couldn't advance. I tried using the save fixer in the OP, but it didn't work. Am I doing something wrong? Once again, congratulations on your work.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'gui/main_menu_sprites/season3/mm_spr_sm_bg.jpg'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/main_menu_sprites/season3/mm_spr_sm_bg.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3834, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2555, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 492, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 263, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 824, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 688, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/image.py", line 501, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/image.py", line 307, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/transform.py", line 733, in render
    return transform_render(self, width, height, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 187, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 623, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 287, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 704, in load
    raise e

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.9.1
Fri Dec 30 01:38:24 2022

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey, Sancho1969 . I have played the entirety of seasons 1 and 2 with your mod, a great addition I must say. The problem is that I've been getting errors with chapter 9. I could play the Interlude, just couldn't advance. I tried using the save fixer in the OP, but it didn't work. Am I doing something wrong? Once again, congratulations on your work.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'gui/main_menu_sprites/season3/mm_spr_sm_bg.jpg'>:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3834, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2555, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 492, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 688, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/image.py", line 501, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/image.py", line 307, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/transform.py", line 733, in render
    return transform_render(self, width, height, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 187, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 623, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 287, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 704, in load
    raise e

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.9.1
Fri Dec 30 01:38:24 2022
That's not the mod, you're missing OEM (original VN) images. It appears you have mod installation to VN versions mixed up. Remember, version numbers must match exactly VN and mod. In other words insure your installing SanchoMod v0.9.1 inside VN v0.9.1.

If I were you I'd start my Season 3 installation from scratch. Install v0.9.1 of the VN (either original or compressed doesn't matter) then inside that VN's "game" folder copy all the contents of SanchoMod's S3 v0.9.1 inside. Report back please so I can further assist as needed.

• Angry
Reactions: Mount Parnassus

vuikinh

May 18, 2018
I know SanchoSplits doesn't really affect choice/ending in the grand scheme of thing, only gives more options. But is it possible to disable it? Thanks...

Dec 3, 2019
That's not the mod, you're missing OEM (original VN) images. It appears you have mod installation to VN versions mixed up. Remember, version numbers must match exactly VN and mod. In other words insure your installing SanchoMod v0.9.1 inside VN v0.9.1.

If I were you I'd start my Season 3 installation from scratch. Install v0.9.1 of the VN (either original or compressed doesn't matter) then inside that VN's "game" folder copy all the contents of SanchoMod's S3 v0.9.1 inside. Report back please so I can further assist as needed.
It worked. Thank you very much for your attetion and your fast answering

Reactions: Sancho1969

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
I know SanchoSplits doesn't really affect choice/ending in the grand scheme of thing, only gives more options. But is it possible to disable it? Thanks...
You don't have to choose the split option. If it's something like "go with Jojo" or "go with Maya" and a SanchoSplit is offered, you could just choose Jojo and move on.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The above post by deuxrayme exactly. If you don't want to see the SanchoSplit choices they are tied to the ChoiceGuide. So, if the ChoiceGuide is toggled Off then you won't see any SanchoSplits. Otherwise simply don't select them during your playthrough. It's not mandatory of course. The only thing inside SanchoMod currently that is NOT toggle enabled is the SanchoHotKeys (due to RenPy limitations) so you have to deal with my preferences on those keys... screenshots use "Shift+s" or "Alt+s" for those picky screenshot folks that bitch at me from time to time... it is what it is. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: vuikinh

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I should add that if you don't want to see SanchoSplits and toggle the ChoiceGuide "Off", then you must do so BEFORE the choice menu appears. It's a RenPy limitation since menu boxes aren't populated or changed in real time (other than the text inside them, there's nothing I can do about that). So, if the player has ChoiceGuide "Off" before the choice menu ever appears then they will not see a choice menu box for the SanchoSplit.

I hope that makes it more clear how it works behind the scenes... for what it's worth. RenPy still has it's quirks but it's way better than it was 2 or more years ago.

Reactions: vuikinh

vuikinh

May 18, 2018
I will disable ChoiceGuide then. Just my pain-in-the-ass OCD wanting the "perfect" play-through with every single dialogue happens in the exact order that DPC intended. Thanks, everyone (y)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I will disable ChoiceGuide then. Just my pain-in-the-ass OCD wanting the "perfect" play-through with every single dialogue happens in the exact order that DPC intended. Thanks, everyone (y)
Bud, I get it. The whole point of me coding the mod the way I did is so that I could personally select only those features I want for a particular VN. Because of that you get the same choices... play how you want to play. The whole point is to set and forget... forget that a mod is even installed... that the VN is just like you prefer so you can be then immersed into the story the dev is trying to tell. That's how a VN should be enjoyed in my opinion anyway, hopefully any one of the many features of the mod gets you closer to that point.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Good morning. You guys kill me. In possibly hundreds of playthroughs of S1/S2 I've never ever needed additional money. If you don't like a particular minigame then use it's SanchoCheat for it (Tests, Brawler, etc). If I find time I guess I'll code something simple to allow the player to have up to 4 or 5 if they have less than that currently (to insure you don't break anything that might be important later in S3). No promises, I still have VN's to update and tricks to pull off for the S3 mod (yeah, I have a few more ideas but that's for another day). Regards.
what are the cheat options, can you edit love points of the girls, money, dik or chick points etc? :unsure:

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
I was going to take a screenshot of the cheat menu to share it, but it caused an error. I loaded a save from the end of the episode, rolled back one screen and hit 'c' to bring up the cheat menu and got the error in the attached traceback. It doesn't happen if I hit that key on the screen loaded though.

what are the cheat options, can you edit love points of the girls, money, dik or chick points etc? :unsure:
Anyhow, this is how it looks for the others path, for an example of what can be changed, I click on the orange 'Others' and I can change it to Isabella as seen below
1672423764959.png
1672423873321.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Depends on the Season (two separate mods with different features). See OP's "GUI/Features S1/S2" and "SanchoCheats S1/S2" for pic representations (both those in the SanchoCheats screen and the MiniGames while in-game).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I was going to take a screenshot of the cheat menu to share it, but it caused an error. I loaded a save from the end of the episode, rolled back one screen and hit 'c' to bring up the cheat menu and got the error in the attached traceback. It doesn't happen if I hit that key on the screen loaded though.

Anyhow, this is how it looks for the others path, for an example of what can be changed, I click on the orange 'Others' and I can change it to Isabella as seen below
Bud, that issue was resolved. See update post here. Simply re-DL the mod and install over the existing installation. You'll be good to go.

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
Bud, that issue was resolved. See update post here. Simply re-DL the mod and install over the existing installation. You'll be good to go.
I have the December 28 version from Mega that I downloaded today before making that post installed. The problem doesn't exist on the screen loaded from a save but if I rollback, it happens.

I won't have the problem in gameplay, because I have no reason to do those rollbacks on my completed runs.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Depends on the Season (two separate mods with different features). See OP's "GUI/Features S1/S2" and "SanchoCheats S1/S2" for pic representations (both those in the SanchoCheats screen and the MiniGames while in-game).
That's the thing, in the pictures of the op I can't see if there is an option to + or - love points, dik or chick points etc
it doesn't show if we can change money either so I don't know if you added it either. :unsure:

What deuxrayne showed is that we can change affinity but what about the points?¿

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
That's the thing, in the pictures of the op I can't see if there is an option to + or - love points, dik or chick points etc
it doesn't show if we can change money either so I don't know if you added it either. :unsure:

What deuxrayne showed is that we can change affinity but what about the points?¿
You can change the DIK affinity by clicking on the word like I said with the branch. The status can be changed using the white bar under the score. Money is not an offered cheat as has been stated many times in this thread.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes