Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Decent-Win

Apr 27, 2020
I know I'm getting a bit deep with this post but wanted you to know that I took your issues seriously and I'm not blowing them off just because the are a "silly little music player" problem. I only wish you hadn't deleted your persistent files before I had this sorted. Maybe you have backups of them. Regardless that's the latest I have for you
Thanks for the hard work and don't worry about the files I was testing this on another PC all my files and saves are safe.

SamsonX

May 29, 2018
Is it possible to change the Ep4 Told Derek About Jade event using the mod? or if not, using renpy console? I'd really like to walk back my choice of sharing the video of Jade and really don't feel like replaying 4 episodes just for that

XXVupscales

Aug 17, 2021
Is it possible to change the Ep4 Told Derek About Jade event using the mod? or if not, using renpy console? I'd really like to walk back my choice of sharing the video of Jade and really don't feel like replaying 4 episodes just for that
What happens if you share the video? I could never bring myself to do it

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
No, there's no cheat for it since it currently has basically zero consequence other than MC gaining a point. I do believe (if memory serves) I placed a Sancho notifier to make a save point there though. If it's ever a thing in the future (along with the hundreds of other non-consequential choices made) I'll make a cheat for it at that point. Regards.

SamsonX

May 29, 2018
Oh from the season 3 recap I assumed that choice was why her husband found the video, but I guess he finds it no matter what you do? Alright good to know thank you

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Oh from the season 3 recap I assumed that choice was why her husband found the video, but I guess he finds it no matter what you do? Alright good to know thank you
Well, I don't know the future but currently (as of this release) we have no idea of any ramifications. If there are then we'll adjust accordingly... as always with new event variables that are yet to be known. This is no different than any other event variable in any ongoing VN... things may change but that's why I update the mods. It'll all be ok, don't stress on it too much bud.

GoldenArm

Oct 7, 2021
how do I start the game with the mod if I have no previous save games?

Oh, I see why I didn't play this game before. You actually have to spend like 20 minutes to set everything up. Gosh. Ok, only because this is the most popular renpy game in this category.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
how do I start the game with the mod if I have no previous save games?

Oh, I see why I didn't play this game before. You actually have to spend like 20 minutes to set everything up. Gosh. Ok, only because this is the most popular renpy game in this category.
If you've never played before then don't start with Season 3, Start from scratch Season 1. If you have played before and just want to get going then I have my personal export file for all paths which you can find here.

Reactions: GoldenArm

AnonymusGolden

Jul 13, 2020
Hey man i just came back to play the game and found your mod, it is absolutely brilliant and i thank you for you service.
Unfortunately i've run into a problem. It worked perfectly up until now. At a point, the game crashed and it keeps crashing at the exact same fram/piece of dialog.
I've tried:
-Restoring all options to default just in case
-Loading a previous save and getting there again
-Trying the save in a new install
-Googling about the problem

Inside log.txt file the only thing i can see about errors is "Could not open 'cache/shaders.txt'"
The exact point where it crashes, in case it matters, (not really any spoilers, i don't think) is when Rusty tells you to buy the windows, right after, MC says "(He must be feeling guilty as hell.)" and when you trying to go to the next one, it crashes.

The save is old as hell, from v0.6 or so and i got to this point these few days. Could that be the problem? I'd hate to waste so much time getting back to this point again just to crash again at the same point.

Sorry for the wall of text and thanks for time

MilfyAces

Nov 12, 2018
Sancho, maybe you'll remember this since you know this game inside out. I've been playing all routes, Sage, Jill, Bella, Josy/Maya, only Hots, etc. I mean every possible way and with your mod and it's incredible, I finished almost all of it, but since I'm a completionist and I want to find everything, but I miss a couple of renders where it says "Jill story". I can't think of anything I missed, because in all free roams your mod says you found everything feel free to end it. Maybe it's between dialogs, or perhaps if I choose "hunted mansion" in Jill's story I'll get a different outcome and missed render? I want to hear what you think, thanks:)
And once more, all your mods on all the games are awesome, I'm happy I found it.

BrockLanders

Aug 8, 2020
Sancho, maybe you'll remember this since you know this game inside out. I've been playing all routes, Sage, Jill, Bella, Josy/Maya, only Hots, etc. I mean every possible way and with your mod and it's incredible, I finished almost all of it, but since I'm a completionist and I want to find everything, but I miss a couple of renders where it says "Jill story". I can't think of anything I missed, because in all free roams your mod says you found everything feel free to end it. Maybe it's between dialogs, or perhaps if I choose "hunted mansion" in Jill's story I'll get a different outcome and missed render? I want to hear what you think, thanks:)
And once more, all your mods on all the games are awesome, I'm happy I found it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: MilfyAces

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey man i just came back to play the game and found your mod, it is absolutely brilliant and i thank you for you service.
Unfortunately i've run into a problem. It worked perfectly up until now. At a point, the game crashed and it keeps crashing at the exact same fram/piece of dialog.
I've tried:
-Restoring all options to default just in case
-Loading a previous save and getting there again
-Trying the save in a new install
-Googling about the problem

Inside log.txt file the only thing i can see about errors is "Could not open 'cache/shaders.txt'"
The exact point where it crashes, in case it matters, (not really any spoilers, i don't think) is when Rusty tells you to buy the windows, right after, MC says "(He must be feeling guilty as hell.)" and when you trying to go to the next one, it crashes.

The save is old as hell, from v0.6 or so and i got to this point these few days. Could that be the problem? I'd hate to waste so much time getting back to this point again just to crash again at the same point.

Sorry for the wall of text and thanks for time
Right after the MC says that the VN starts the first free roam of Ep8 (Ep8 is the last episode of S2 and has a total of 4 free roams if memory serves). After the dev builds all the required lists and sets variables for the free roam, one of the first things it does is check Rooster (which is the newer version of Rooster) but that new version starts in Ep7 (which you presumably played through). So so many things that happen behind the scenes at that point I really need more info like:

With this save you are trying to load, is this the very first free roam you've entered since loading it (you mentioned it was "old")? Does the VN provide you a traceback.txt file of any kind? Etc.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
You said: "but I miss a couple of renders", so without knowing exactly which ones I'm going to presume the two most elusive ones for her route:
In both the above disregard the SanchoNotifier, I just added them and they will be available for those two hidden mags on the next maintenance update upload. Regards.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Please edit your post and either thumbnail the huge-ass pic, place in a spoiler tag, or delete it completely. I run multi-monitor 4k setup and it's brighter and larger than the Sun. I don't need anyone else's guide anyway tbh. Thank you in advance.

MilfyAces

Nov 12, 2018
You said: "but I miss a couple of renders", so without knowing exactly which ones I'm going to presume the two most elusive ones for her route:
In both the above disregard the SanchoNotifier, I just added them and they will be available for those two hidden mags on the next maintenance update upload. Regards.
Thanks man! I knew I can count on you! ;)

Reactions: Sancho1969

AnonymusGolden

Jul 13, 2020
Right after the MC says that the VN starts the first free roam of Ep8 (Ep8 is the last episode of S2 and has a total of 4 free roams if memory serves). After the dev builds all the required lists and sets variables for the free roam, one of the first things it does is check Rooster (which is the newer version of Rooster) but that new version starts in Ep7 (which you presumably played through). So so many things that happen behind the scenes at that point I really need more info like:

With this save you are trying to load, is this the very first free roam you've entered since loading it (you mentioned it was "old")? Does the VN provide you a traceback.txt file of any kind? Etc.
Hey thanks for the reply.
I have played more free roams since i got back. In fact, I played through all episode 7 these past couple of days. The save was at the end of ep6 (a couple scenes before the end of episode recap).
I do not get a trace log, only a log.txt. I did get one when i tried to load the save on a vanilla installation, but the errors i saw were from trying to load your script files, which was expected, don't know what i was thinking. In that occasion the game crashed with errors on the screen and not with a CTD without warning which is what i'm getting.

I just remembered that i used to use a different mod for choices with +-rep and all that, don't quite remember the name, doesit something like scrap or scrappy ring any bells?

Attached i leave a screenshot of the stats screen from your mod, maybe there's a conflict of flags being it and old save with different mods? If that is the case, i don't mind restarting from scratch since i'd know it wouldn't get to the same point

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
What happens if you share the video? I could never bring myself to do it
Since I will have to push another maintenance update to add the above post's feature, I'll do you a solid here as well. As I stated before that event only changes dialogue (to date) in Season 3 but I'll add a cheat for it for shits and giggles. It will only be available if the player fucked Jade (otherwise the ability to share the vid during HellWeek would never be available anyway). This will work like the other newest SanchoCheats, only showing if they are applicable. For example:

On this Jill Branch the player obviously didn't and couldn't have Jade:
1672845564215.png

On this Sage Branch the player has the affair with Jade and therefore the cheat is available:
1672845466356.png

Will that work for ya? Thought so.

So, again, I'd ask this DIK if SanchoMod really "sucks" then what actually "sucks" about it? Show me a more complete, comprehensive, and stable mod on the fucking planet:
this mod sucks. old style was much better and easier to use
Regards.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes