Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey thanks for the reply.
I have played more free roams since i got back. In fact, I played through all episode 7 these past couple of days. The save was at the end of ep6 (a couple scenes before the end of episode recap).
I do not get a trace log, only a log.txt. I did get one when i tried to load the save on a vanilla installation, but the errors i saw were from trying to load your script files, which was expected, don't know what i was thinking. In that occasion the game crashed with errors on the screen and not with a CTD without warning which is what i'm getting.

I just remembered that i used to use a different mod for choices with +-rep and all that, don't quite remember the name, doesit something like scrap or scrappy ring any bells?

Attached i leave a screenshot of the stats screen from your mod, maybe there's a conflict of flags being it and old save with different mods? If that is the case, i don't mind restarting from scratch since i'd know it wouldn't get to the same point
First, just to be clear, SanchoMod doesn't give a hoot if you previously used another mod or hack regarding your save files... the VN might and your saves might be fucked due to having abnormal variables set but SanchoMod won't shut you down for it... you'll just have to deal with the consequences later either from the dev or the VN storyline being borked.

Other than that I don't see any reason why your game would exit while entering in to that first Ep8 free roam. You obviously don't have any other mod or hack installed besides SanchoMod that might be grabbing the scripts do you? (I'm assuming not). I'll keep digging but without knowing exactly where the code is throwing you out it's a needle in a haystack currently.

If you are thinking it's a GPU crash then try loading the VN via your secondary graphics card (if you have one). To do so, with the VN not running, right-click on it's exe file (BeingADIK.exe) and select "Run with graphics processor" and select your Nvidia card (if applicable).

Otherwise you can PM me your save file at a screen or two before entering the free roam if you want and I'll take a look when I have a moment. A save point where MC says " He must be feeling guilty as hell ".

AnonymusGolden

Jul 13, 2020
First, just to be clear, SanchoMod doesn't give a hoot if you previously used another mod or hack regarding your save files... the VN might and your saves might be fucked due to having abnormal variables set but SanchoMod won't shut you down for it... you'll just have to deal with the consequences later either from the dev or the VN storyline being borked.

Other than that I don't see any reason why your game would exit while entering in to that first Ep8 free roam. You obviously don't have any other mod or hack installed besides SanchoMod that might be grabbing the scripts do you? (I'm assuming not). I'll keep digging but without knowing exactly where the code is throwing you out it's a needle in a haystack currently.

If you are thinking it's a GPU crash then try loading the VN via your secondary graphics card (if you have one). To do so, with the VN not running, right-click on it's exe file (BeingADIK.exe) and select "Run with graphics processor" and select your Nvidia card (if applicable).

Otherwise you can PM me your save file at a screen or two before entering the free roam if you want and I'll take a look when I have a moment. A save point where MC says " He must be feeling guilty as hell ".
You assumed correctly, this is the only mod/cheat i am using. I just downloaded the game files from here, grab this mod and pasted it.
According to the log it is using my GPU and when pluged to my iGPU (intel) it is the same (i'll copy the log file down here inside a spoiler in case i'm missing something)
I tried using the 32bit version and launching as admin and as compatibility mode, just throwing shit and see if something sticks

I do have a save just at that point since i'm trying things it is the fastest way to replicate the problem. I'll send it to you right now, if you can have a look that'd be great, specially if it works for you, that'd mean it is my pc or my game version and not the save

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDIT: noted, when going for S3 (if i can make it work that it) i'll check the fix

EDIT2: I don't think i can send DMs, oh well. I'll leave it here, theres nothing to hide

Last edited:

AnonymusGolden

Jul 13, 2020
Awesome, thanks. Let's see if it works for you.

Funnily enough, now i can DM. Guess i needed 5 posts lmao

Oh, btw. I was checking the shortcus and only the alt+arrow_key seem works for me for some reason. s, o, c, g and all that don't work which i find odd since everything works as intended

EDIT: Well at least we know it is not just my game, which is good and bad at the same time lmaoi

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Awesome, thanks. Let's see if it works for you.

Funnily enough, now i can DM. Guess i needed 5 posts lmao

Oh, btw. I was checking the shortcus and only the alt+arrow_key seem works for me for some reason. s, o, c, g and all that don't work which i find odd since everything works as intended
OK, I see the issue... and yes... it is indeed because you previously used the other "mod". Fuck me, dev is a sneaky SOB.

deuxrayme this is getting ridiculous with me fixing old saves that not even one has had an issue with SanchoMod exclusively, ain't it? :ROFLMAO:

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
I don't think those features existed when the S1-2 version was made.

Did you do anything with the restore music part of the mod? IIRC, I had a similar issue when I was using a wrong file to try to restore the removed songs. There is a correct version linked somewhere in this thread. Sounds like Sancho found the issue.

AnonymusGolden

Jul 13, 2020
No need for wasting time fixing it man, just knowing it was that, it's fine, i'll start from scratch no problem, knowint it will not crash again

EDIT:
I don't think those features existed when the S1-2 version was made.

Did you do anything with the restore music part of the mod? IIRC, I had a similar issue when I was using a wrong file to try to restore the removed songs. There is a correct version linked somewhere in this thread.
I havent touched anything with the music, maybe it's just what you say and it is only in S3, which would make sense

Last edited:

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
deuxrayme this is getting ridiculous with me fixing old saves that not even one has had an issue with SanchoMod exclusively, ain't it? :ROFLMAO:
This seems like a small number compared to helping people transition from Part 1 to Part 2 of Grandma's House or explaining multi-part archives like Karlsson's Gambit. I wish GH had featured the import like BaD did. You might want to mention that to Tess if she ever splits the KG game.

People who mod games need to realize that removing a mod that doesn't have the SanchoMod save fixer, will require a restart. It seems obvious they've never played a Bethesda game and removed a mod.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
No need for wasting time fixing it man, just knowing it was that, it's fine, i'll start from scratch no problem, knowint it will not crash again

EDIT:

I havent touched anything with the music, maybe it's just what you say and it is only in S3, which would make sense
Stop, no need, I can fix your shit bud... give me a minute, I'm writing you some custom code... I'll save all your S2 saves...

And the music revert has nothing to do with this... it's simply because you previously used another mod and the VN knows once you load those older saves. I got this, give me 2 to 3 minutes to write it and test.

Here's the free roam with your save... just give me a bit::
1672849814981.png

AnonymusGolden

Jul 13, 2020
No rush man. Not gonna lie, when i downloaded the game i went looking for the other mod but it didnt exist and i found yours, which is way better, and i was gonna start a new game cause i thought i didn't have any saves, but apparently i had all my all saves still, should've know lol

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
No rush man. Not gonna lie, when i downloaded the game i went looking for the other mod but it didnt exist and i found yours, which is way better, and i was gonna start a new game cause i thought i didn't have any saves, but apparently i had all my all saves still, should've know lol
Check your PMs. Enjoy not having to start from scratch. BUT: fair warning, you may have adjusted variables with another mod or hack that might fuck you later... just know it's possible, I have zero control over that.

And what do you mean "but it didn't exist"? I'm sure it does, it would be very odd for it to be removed. Hell, this clown even posted a link to it in this thread!

Regards.

AnonymusGolden

Jul 13, 2020
You are a life saver man, can't thank you enough. If i get fucked, so be it, i'll grab some lube and endure it, gonna have to start from scratch again to try different routes at some point anyway

Maybe it exists, but i didn't see it where it used to be, maybe they moved the link to a different spoiler tag or i just completely missed it

Viren11

Sep 3, 2020
Since I will have to push another maintenance update to add the above post's feature, I'll do you a solid here as well. As I stated before that event only changes dialogue (to date) in Season 3 but I'll add a cheat for it for shits and giggles. It will only be available if the player fucked Jade (otherwise the ability to share the vid during HellWeek would never be available anyway). This will work like the other newest SanchoCheats, only showing if they are applicable. For example:

On this Jill Branch the player obviously didn't and couldn't have Jade:
View attachment 2285393

On this Sage Branch the player has the affair with Jade and therefore the cheat is available:
View attachment 2285391

Will that work for ya? Thought so.

So, again, I'd ask this DIK if SanchoMod really "sucks" then what actually "sucks" about it? Show me a more complete, comprehensive, and stable mod on the fucking planet:

Regards.
He's Talking about the ui. it is by far the worst I've ever used on this fucking planet. nobody needs the text size, the mini-stat bs. all the players want is to edit relationship points, dik scores, affinity and money. all of this was available in the previous mod. all your new mods are nothing but a necessary evil.

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
He's Talking about the ui. it is by far the worst I've ever used on this fucking planet. nobody needs the text size, the mini-stat bs. all the players want is to edit relationship points, dik scores, affinity and money. all of this was available in the previous mod. all your new mods are nothing but a necessary evil.
If you dislike it so much, go to "Mods" on the main page of the forum and use the search function for "Being a DIK" and find a different one.

The text size can be adjusted, the ministats can be hidden (even though I love the feature), the adjustments you mentioned are available except for money. Also "necessary evil" means that it is needed.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
He's Talking about the ui. it is by far the worst I've ever used on this fucking planet.
Really? Are you being honest or a fanboy? It's the cleanest UI possible considering it's opacity for every single screen in the mod (if you choose to have them available) is seperately adjustable. You do know that you can turn OFF every single feature and not see any UI alterations, right? Since you can toggle them all OFF I'll consider this particular constructive criticism "ui issue" as a mute point. If you don't want to see it, turn the damn thing Off. Simple.

Everything you mention you "want" to edit is available in SanchoMod... except the wallet (since I've never ever needed it, if I ever did/do then I'd add it). So, again, what exactly is the criticism that I can use to enhance the product?

I have zero issue of your personal opinions (good or bad), just give me something that's a real potential issue to work with, otherwise I'll assume you're simply trolling me.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
FYI: To keep folks updated on the latest pending features that will be added in the pending maintenance update, please see "Pending Features" here (bottom of the FAQ post). Think of it as a preliminary changelog or sorts. Regards.

AnonymusGolden

Jul 13, 2020
I really don't understand the hate, if you don't wanna use something, don't use it, what's the point of complaining about somethin that was your decision to use?
Also, there are some people who benefit from font size and font family options in this mod, me included.

Speaking of font size, in the dialog box, the gap between the character name and the actual conversation is a bit big when font size is increased. I don't know if that's a thing that can be changed easily, but it'd be nice since the vanilla padding/margin forces you to use a smaller font size (yes i'm that blind) because of it (less space for text and all that)
Just a minor thing that 99% of people won't see/need, but hey why not say it

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes