Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
That's the thing, in the pictures of the op I can't see if there is an option to + or - love points, dik or chick points etc
it doesn't show if we can change money either so I don't know if you added it either. :unsure:

What deuxrayne showed is that we can change affinity but what about the points?¿
Below the Affinity cheat buttons is the slider bar for Status (dik/chick). It's not buttons, it's a slider.

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
I just want to say thanks for not immediately ignoring bug reports like one dev who, when I decided to test an edge case out of boredom, said something like "I don't care that there is a valid path rejecting those LIs, but you ended up in a scene with one. Nobody in their right mind would do that, so I'm not fixing it."

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I just want to say thanks for not immediately ignoring bug reports like one dev who, when I decided to test an edge case out of boredom, said something like "I don't care that there is a valid path rejecting those LIs, but you ended up in a scene with one. Nobody in their right mind would do that, so I'm not fixing it."
This traceback you have is due to your correct assumption of rolling back PAST the point of the load. If loading an older save (pre-this update) then you can rollback but not past the exact point (scene) where the load occurred. This is because the variables required a populated at load, so when you roll back even one step those variables are nulled (it's a RenPy thing). That's the nitty-gritty of that issue you experienced. Regards.

Decent-Win

Apr 27, 2020
There's a bug when using this Mod that causes the Music favorites list to be reset every time you close the game I even went back to season 2 to check and the same thing happens.

Shangaria

Dec 28, 2019
hey there, i'm loving the mod, so thank you for all the hard work, but i'm running into an issue, which i don't know if its caused by the mod or not. I get passed the interlude no problems, but when i get to the beginning of Season 3, everytime when Jacob tells its a scary mansion, the game just closes, no report or anything, just closes itself, i already did a fresh reinstall of both the VN and the mod, but didn't fix it

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
There's a bug when using this Mod that causes the Music favorites list to be reset every time you close the game I even went back to season 2 to check and the same thing happens.
I don't have the project open but correct me if I'm wrong... aren't music favorites saved on a per save file basis? I didn't do anything to the music except allow you to get the dev's removed songs back.

hey there, i'm loving the mod, so thank you for all the hard work, but i'm running into an issue, which i don't know if its caused by the mod or not. I get passed the interlude no problems, but when i get to the beginning of Season 3, everytime when Jacob tells its a scary mansion, the game just closes, no report or anything, just closes itself, i already did a fresh reinstall of both the VN and the mod, but didn't fix it
That's because you previously (at some point in S1/S2) used some other mod or hack. The VN's thread is littered with your same issue. Since I got tired of answering it over and over (it has to to with another mod, not SanchoMod) I decided to give you a fix while in-game. See post here for some details. When S3 starts, slow down and look at the MiniStat. If it tells you your save is fucked up then, if you want to fix it automatically simply press the green text button that says "click here to fix it automatically".

Shangaria

Dec 28, 2019
I don't have the project open but correct me if I'm wrong... aren't music favorites saved on a per save file basis? I didn't do anything to the music except allow you to get the dev's removed songs back.

That's because you previously (at some point in S1/S2) used some other mod or hack. The VN's thread is littered with your same issue. Since I got tired of answering it over and over (it has to to with another mod, not SanchoMod) I decided to give you a fix while in-game. See post here for some details. When S3 starts, slow down and look at the MiniStat. If it tells you your save is fucked up then, if you want to fix it automatically simply press the green text button that says "click here to fix it automatically".

While i would agree if it was the case, i started a fresh full game from day 1 with sanchomod, so no its not due to another mod. but i will try the fix never the less, thank you

*update: I looked into it, the mod isn't giving me any tell that my save is messed up, nor an option to fix it, and i looked in every meny Sanchomod gives me before trying to go to the screen that crashes it

Last edited:

Decent-Win

Apr 27, 2020
I'm not sure about season 2 but in season 3 you can do it in the main menu I tried it on another PC with no saves favorited some songs and closed the game without making a save open it again and they were still there, then installed your mod and tried the same thing but found thay reset.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
While i would agree if it was the case, i started a fresh full game from day 1 with sanchomod, so no its not due to another mod. but i will try the fix never the less, thank you

*update: I looked into it, the mod isn't giving me any tell that my save is messed up, nor an option to fix it, and i looked in every meny Sanchomod gives me before trying to go to the screen that crashes it
Right after the scene you mentioned " when Jacob tells its a scary mansion " the dev has one a many checks to see if either the player had used the other mod or if they are playing mobile. I assumed you used another mod at some point since I assumed you aren't playing mobile. Understand that the fix I introduced was a maintenance update and not included in the first release so check the date and timestamp of your SanchoMod DL against what is posted in the OP... just to make sure:
1672441740337.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm not sure about season 2 but in season 3 you can do it in the main menu I tried it on another PC with no saves favorited some songs and closed the game without making a save open it again and they were still there, then installed your mod and tried the same thing but found thay reset.
I'll have to check it bud. I honestly have never ever used that favorite music feature ever. I also can't think of anything off the top of my head that would have SanchoMod dicking around with it. I'll have to open the project and investigate. I'll report back when I do so.

Reactions: Decent-Win

Shangaria

Dec 28, 2019
Right after the scene you mentioned " when Jacob tells its a scary mansion " the dev has one a many checks to see if either the player had used the other mod or if they are playing mobile. I assumed you used another mod at some point since I assumed you aren't playing mobile. Understand that the fix I introduced was a maintenance update and not included in the first release so check the date and timestamp of your SanchoMod DL against what is posted in the OP... just to make sure:
I downloaded the mods and the full VN (both season 1 and 2, and the final one) last week when all the updates of 9.1 came out, so they are fresh, and while i did play the game previously with other mods, i did a full fresh playthrough with SanchoMod to avoid issues caused by combining mods, been playing it for the past few days from start to now for it.
Now, using the dev command and persistent.mod_wt_enabled = None, it is fixed. So perhaps something in the persistence did indeed screw it up, even if i did i fresh playthrough, probably related to achievments or the special renders then.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I downloaded the mods and the full VN (both season 1 and 2, and the final one) last week when all the updates of 9.1 came out, so they are fresh, and while i did play the game previously with other mods, i did a full fresh playthrough with SanchoMod to avoid issues caused by combining mods, been playing it for the past few days from start to now for it.
Now, using the dev command and persistent.mod_wt_enabled = None, it is fixed. So perhaps something in the persistence did indeed screw it up, even if i did i fresh playthrough, probably related to achievments or the special renders then.
That's basically the automatic fix I coded into SanchoMod. As stated many time it doesn't matter if the current playthough is from scratch, it matters if the player EVER used the other mod. Anyway, you don't have the latest SanchoMod build of S3. DL it and install it over your current installation. There's been additional features added (including the one I described) plus some bug fixes. The current revision is the third since I updated S3 to v0.9.1, see the bottom of the FAQ for details of all the new features and fixes here.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Oh, so you're just being a smartass now. Do you see me going to other mod's threads and saying theirs suck and adding links to mine? Of course not. It honestly doesn't matter to me if you like SanchoMod or not, I code it for my personal use. If you like some other mod then by all means use it and use it's thread for it's commentary... there's no need to come to this thread and be an asshole.

Raphael77

Aug 14, 2017
Good morning. You guys kill me. In possibly hundreds of playthroughs of S1/S2 I've never ever needed additional money. If you don't like a particular minigame then use it's SanchoCheat for it (Tests, Brawler, etc). If I find time I guess I'll code something simple to allow the player to have up to 4 or 5 if they have less than that currently (to insure you don't break anything that might be important later in S3). No promises, I still have VN's to update and tricks to pull off for the S3 mod (yeah, I have a few more ideas but that's for another day). Regards.
Sometimes, you spent it all during freeroam to upgrade or buy things, but you need some few more bucks during the novel (like paying for bella's food for example, and such)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Another thing if you try to open the music tab in the main menu in a fresh install of season 3 in the same device after using this Mod it causes the game to crash I had to delete both persistent files to be able to access it without crashing.
View attachment 2275874
Good morning. This is due to the music revert process code which has to alter the music list (which is a persistent list). I'll see if I can sort that in the "SaveFixer" so that the revert stays even without SanchoMod installed.

Reactions: budgierless

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Another thing if you try to open the music tab in the main menu in a fresh install of season 3 in the same device after using this Mod it causes the game to crash I had to delete both persistent files to be able to access it without crashing.
View attachment 2275874
Update: 1 resolved, 1 pending.

Both issues have been updated in the OP's FAQ (second post in this thread).

Issue #1: With SanchoMod installed and closing the VN the player's "favorites" inside the Music feature are lost.
Resolution #2: Pending. The reason why this is occurring is due to the way SanchoMod currently has to rebuild the music song list at each game startup. This was done as there was no way (at the time I was updating the mod) for me to check if the player had actually performed the music reversion. Additional elaborate code will have to be written and tested on my end regarding the issue.

Issue #2: After uninstalling SanchoMod (playing an unmodded VN after using SanchoMod previously): Music feature throws fatal exception.
Resolution #2: The issue with the Music feature crashing in both the Main Menu and while in-game via the Phone has been resolved. DL the latest "SaveFixer" in the OP for that fix. As a "bonus", once you have or previously had SanchoMod installed and performed the music reversion, if the player later decides to keep the music reversion (performs the music reversion inside a new unmodded VN) then the music revert is retained (you still get to keep the original music in the song list). Why? Well, the persistent song list still retains the song information from the music revert (I'm not taking that away from you). So, now in the unmodded VN simply go to the original Main Menu song in the song list and select it as the new Main Menu song to play and you're all set.

I know I'm getting a bit deep with this post but wanted you to know that I took your issues seriously and I'm not blowing them off just because the are a "silly little music player" problem. I only wish you hadn't deleted your persistent files before I had this sorted. Maybe you have backups of them. Regardless that's the latest I have for you.

Regards.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes