Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes
Oct 10, 2021
If you get crashed because you're using another mod at some point, just turn on the console and type the command persistent.mod_wt_enabled = None. Everything will work and it won't affect SanchoMod in any way.
YES. SUCCESS. Thank you very much! Worked like a charm!

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
Okay I'm just going to put this out there and Sancho can tell me how crazy and unworkable it is :ROFLMAO: I've got saves on 4-5 paths and the idea of going through that free-roam crap that many times isn't appealing. A feature I would love is the ability to skip the boring clicking around entirely and only see the scenes specific to the path I'm on. Essentially I want a VN mode. Is that even remotely feasible?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay I'm just going to put this out there and Sancho can tell me how crazy and unworkable it is :ROFLMAO: I've got saves on 4-5 paths and the idea of going through that free-roam crap that many times isn't appealing. A feature I would love is the ability to skip the boring clicking around entirely and only see the scenes specific to the path I'm on. Essentially I want a VN mode. Is that even remotely feasible?
Sure, absolutely, kinda, not really.

Just click on SanchoGallery and have a ball... no FreeRoam, only scenes :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

I'm still waiting on my first coffee to brew so let's see if I can provide some explanation as to my point of view at 0530 hours in the morning with a bit of a hangover:

I have a choice to make every time I start modding a VN and I always end up taking the same one: Recall that the purpose of SanchoMod is to enhance the product from the developer we are given, not hack it up into something it is not. At the end of the day the VN stands on the shoulders of the author. But I hear you: "Well, Sancho, just code all of that out and give us the choice to play it how we want". There's so much to unpack with that though but at least consider that, for one, after spending countless hours coding inventive ways to write the mini-game cheats and free roam guide I just can't get myself to do it. I'd ultimately become an author of my own as to stitch together all the elements of the free roams would require transitions and narrative dialogue to set the player up for what was coming next. For example: take any one of the medium to longer free roams in Season 2 or Season 3 and think how many times I would have to write narrative dialogue for things like "... soon after I decide to visit Derek's room ... " since the player themselves didn't move from say the MC's room all the way to Derek's via free roam hotspots, etc. See where I'm coming from? It's one thing to code in enhancements but a whole other thing to code scene setups and dialogues... currently SanchoSplits is about as far down that rabbit hole I truly wish to journey. I don't feel like spending another few hundred hours rewriting the whole VN tbh... writing this long of a post is chore enough :p

The fine print: I reserve the right to redact any or all the above after I actually wake up and read what I typed. Take it with a grain of salt as I go check on getting that first cup of coffee. Regards.

Reactions: Porthas and McGreed

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018
No disrespect, but I don't understand why you would even play BaDIK with that approach. I mean, it's the freeroams and minigames that give the game most of its immersiveness. Let's say parties wouldn't be so much like real parties if it weren't for freeroam. They'd just be generic AVN linear semblances of them, where you don't really have time to even get into the atmosphere of the debauchery.

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
Just spitballing and maybe this is all just me over-reacting to episode 9 being a bit meh

But I hear you: "Well, Sancho, just code all of that out and give us the choice to play it how we want". There's so much to unpack with that though but at least consider that, for one, after spending countless hours coding inventive ways to write the mini-game cheats and free roam guide I just can't get myself to do it. I'd ultimately become an author of my own as to stitch together all the elements of the free roams would require transitions and narrative dialogue to set the player up for what was coming next. For example: take any one of the medium to longer free roams in Season 2 or Season 3 and think how many times I would have to write narrative dialogue for things like "... soon after I decide to visit Derek's room ... " since the player themselves didn't move from say the MC's room all the way to Derek's via free roam hotspots, etc. See where I'm coming from? It's one thing to code in enhancements but a whole other thing to code scene setups and dialogues... currently SanchoSplits is about as far down that rabbit hole I truly wish to journey. I don't feel like spending another few hundred hours rewriting the whole VN tbh... writing this long of a post is chore enough :p

The fine print: I reserve the right to redact any or all the above after I actually wake up and read what I typed. Take it with a grain of salt as I go check on getting that first cup of coffee. Regards.
Maybe VN mode was a bad way of phrasing the idea, Skip+? I agree that adding a single word dpc didn't write crosses the line into author territory but as this would not be intended for first playthroughs adding dialogue or narration would be unnecessary. If the player does not know where they are in the story they weren't paying attention the first time through

Can only imagine how painful it would be to simply cut-out the minigames you worked so bloody hard to mod, ouch :p

Anyway hope you are enjoying your holiday season

No disrespect, but I don't understand why you would even play BaDIK with that approach. I mean, it's the freeroams and minigames that give the game most of its immersiveness. Let's say parties wouldn't be so much like real parties if it weren't for freeroam. They'd just be generic AVN linear semblances of them, where you don't really have time to even get into the atmosphere of the debauchery.
Sure I like the free roams and most of the mini games the first time I play through a chapter. Do you still get much out of them the fourth or fifth?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Just spitballing and maybe this is all just me over-reacting to episode 9 being a bit meh
No, you're not overreacting at all. I feel the same way after speedrunning the VN countless time (as you can imagine) to write the mod to begin with... I understand where you're coming from, sincerely. At the end of the day it could be done but one hell of an undertaking for sure. While on the topic of FreeRoam guides, my guess is most folks that played Season 2 with SanchoMod don't know that one of the hardest ones for me to code was that damn DnG Roleplaying free roam. That one was a bitch to code especially with me having to track the players possibility of the 3 different endings. I remember that one stressing me out a bit... then I hit the FreeRoam code with the party at the HOTs when that fucking "get drinks for every girl in the joint" event came up. I about fell out of chair when I saw that one but I got through it. Those FreeRoam guides ain't no joke. I had to rewrite many of them since I found later after speedrunning them that I was holding the player's hand too much, taking all the sport out of it instead of being a "hint" type info service.

One VN I coded over the top like that was "Apocalypse Lovers" which after hundreds of hours of coding it holds the players hand way too much... I still have to fix that one at some point. I went overboard with it.

But that's me yammering on. It's Whiskey-thirty according to my clock so I'm going to get to it. Regards.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Well, it took you a few days to update it, and me a few days to play it, so worked out. ;) Still, it was worth it, as no problems what so ever. I liked how you threw in the hints during the free roam, even if some of the mags was hard to spot at first, found a post where they highlighted each one, so that worked. Anyways, no problems, and thank you so much for your work on this!

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
Hello Sancho, I wanted to know, if for example we do Season 1 and 2 without your mod, but we install it for Season 3, will it take into account our progress of the two previous seasons ?

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hello Sancho, I wanted to know, if for example we do Season 1 and 2 without your mod, but we install it for Season 3, will it take into account our progress of the two previous seasons ?
Good morning. Indeed. You can always load unmodded or SanchoMod'd save files in any instance of SanchoMod without fear, all your stats will be displayed exact and correct. You'll be fine bud, game on.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Envy*

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, it took you a few days to update it, and me a few days to play it, so worked out. ;) Still, it was worth it, as no problems what so ever. I liked how you threw in the hints during the free roam, even if some of the mags was hard to spot at first, found a post where they highlighted each one, so that worked. Anyways, no problems, and thank you so much for your work on this!
I've always had this thing when it comes to hidden mags/pack quests... how far to go with the guide. I fear if I physically mark them on the screen during play then it will take all the "game" out of the game per se. I keep reminding myself the mod is to enhance and not to necessary alter play. It's a fine line on how much to "hand hold" since every player will have a different outlook. Personally I hunt them all down but that's just me. Regards m'lady and happy holidays to you and yours.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JenMistress

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you for your hard work with this mod. You're the hero we all needed, and none of us deserved.

Still trying to navigate my way around the game crash shortly after the interlude ends and the main story begins, but I'll stay at it and try my hardest not to peek into the scenes using your mods.
If you get crashed because you're using another mod at some point, just turn on the console and type the command persistent.mod_wt_enabled = None. Everything will work and it won't affect SanchoMod in any way.
I've made this much simpler in the pending maintenance update. The FAQ in the second post of this thread (under the OP) is updated as such. Mod will notify the player that their save is fucked up and offer a one-button solution (the green button noted below). This will hopefully resolve me having to answer the influx of "my save crashes" even though it has nothing to do with SanchoMod... the extra things I do to save folks from themselves :ROFLMAO:
1672234834425.png

Sancho do you have a patreon or paypal or something?
I can't be a hypocrite bud. This particular pseudonym of mine is advert and monetary-free. Please see my "About" page which I wrote a long time ago that will explain. Thank you and regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod - Update (non-critical)

Links in OP and it's associated FAQ are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • New feature - Added an information notifier to the MiniStat if the player is using a save that will ultimately fail because they previously used some other mod/hack that carried over, and gives an automatic method to fix it (by clicking the associated green button). See mod FAQ for details.
  • New feature - Added a SanchoNotifier during the Jill lewd for an easily missable event variable (Ep9JillOrgasm) during in-game play. This does NOT populate during the SanchoGallery though, so as not to be intrusive. See mod FAQ for details.
  • New feature - Improved and more intuitive VarCheats within SanchoCheats that are Branch specific (as the player changes the current Branch cheat). This will further insure as pure a playthrough as possible even the player decides to activate a Branch cheat. See mod FAQ for details.

budgierless

Aug 6, 2020
SanchoMod - Update (non-critical)

Links in OP and it's associated FAQ are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • New feature - Added an information notifier to the MiniStat if the player is using a save that will ultimately fail because they previously used some other mod/hack that carried over, and gives an automatic method to fix it (by clicking the associated green button). See mod FAQ for details.
  • New feature - Added a SanchoNotifier during the Jill lewd for an easily missable event variable (Ep9JillOrgasm) during in-game play. This does NOT populate during the SanchoGallery though, so as not to be intrusive. See mod FAQ for details.
  • New feature - Improved and more intuitive VarCheats within SanchoCheats that are Branch specific (as the player changes the current Branch cheat). This will further insure as pure a playthrough as possible even the player decides to activate a Branch cheat. See mod FAQ for details.
Thats great thankd for the update, and i also have an UPDATE, The ticket i opened is now close, and the your mod has now been added to the main AVN page, unforunatly they replaced scrappy with yours instead of having both, but im sure someone with get that sorted for him. Anyway now with your lasted update everyone get get to see and enjoy it. Cheers!!!!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thats great thankd for the update, and i also have an UPDATE, The ticket i opened is now close, and the your mod has now been added to the main AVN page, unforunatly they replaced scrappy with yours instead of having both, but im sure someone with get that sorted for him. Anyway now with your lasted update everyone get get to see and enjoy it. Cheers!!!!
Wow. I have no idea WTF they are doing to that VN's OP... it drives me nuts. I can only guess that it was done so due to so many folks requesting it being listed. I really don't know tbh. My guess is that it's there for a "limited time" until it's noticed by others in power. Regardless, enjoy the update, I have to prepare for UniOfProbs update which will likely drop tonight/tomorrow. Regards.

Reactions: budgierless

Arcturius

Jun 13, 2020
Sancho quick question I'm already in season 3 but wanted to know if you plan to release the new Improved and more intuitive VarCheats for seasons 1-2 as well

p.s thanks for the update for season 3

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho quick question I'm already in season 3 but wanted to know if you plan to release the new Improved and more intuitive VarCheats for seasons 1-2 as well

p.s thanks for the update for season 3
I might look later but the ones I wrote in S2 do turn off the ones that can't be obtained via normal playthrough... it's just not as clean of a look per se. What I would battle in S2 is that Branches are not a thing until the very end (when the MC is talking with Elena at the DIKs breakfast table). Prior to that it's all Paths... which work differently. The cheats in S2 are safe in the terms that I've insured changing other variables behind the scenes to keep the playthrough as pure as I could... but there's a shit-ton of variables so I safeguarded the most relevant ones.

Before this become another one of my long posts getting into the weeds suffice it to say that one day I'd like to update S1/S2 to the latest SanchoMod core and overhaul it... but it will require much time that I currently don't have. These older releases can always use additional polish for sure. I think I last updated S1S2 about 3 months ago or so... so yeah, much has changed in the Core code of the mod. Regards.

Reactions: Arcturius

ReeseQian

Sep 16, 2019
(Sancho thanks for your hard works) ... ...something went wrong... .. When I click your Menu.and cheat.. it send me this
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/episode9/update9.rpy", line 1565, in <module>
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 2098, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 2111, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 2345, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 2348, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 2368, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 2112, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 2116, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 2132, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 2135, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 2135, in keywords
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 2140, in keywords
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 2144, in keywords
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 2146, in <module>
NameError: name 'smsagtmp' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/episode9/update9.rpyc", line 1565, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/scripts/episode9/update9.rpy", line 1565, in <module>
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1561, in pause
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward, pause=delay)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 2348, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 2368, in execute