Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
I know but in the end this is bullshit just because someone dont like him dosent mean ppl cant play with his mod I for1 happen to play alot games with his modes and they re all good quality so let the player chose its not like it cost you he do this for free
Exactly what I'm thinking too.

budgierless

Aug 6, 2020
It's alledgly a rule only one mod per game should be linked. That's what a mod says but I can't find the rule. You can open a ticket and critisize this politic. Maybe it's possible to change the rule if enough people complain about it in a positive way with mature behavior. Both mods are good on their own way and it should be possible to decide by the users themself which mod they prefer. The pre selection through the mod of the thread shouldn't be. If you don't read the thread or search for yourself and only knows the OP you can't see there are alternatives. Many players would use Sancho's if they would knew about it. Vice versa with Scrappy's if it would be Sancho's who got linked. It's not fair for Scrappy and Sancho and most unfair for the players. But that's my opinion. I don't know how others think about it. Maybe I'm wrong.
No!! You so so right, especially knowing that on many many AVN's threads the mod labels are as such for more then one mod: (Walkthough/cheat mod = usually scrappy's) then (Multi-mod = sancho, 0x52, KoGa3 and alike) from what i've seen so around. This is why i found it odd in the first place.

Reactions: Tremonia

budgierless

Aug 6, 2020
So i just need to use one because you want me to? Why cant i choose? And why cant there be more mods in the op?
That is the point i am making, and the fact the choice is taken away from us because this mod is not listed their so we have only one to choose at the moment and its not fully up-to-date with 0.9.1 yet.
P.S read the post fully first and you would see no one is forcing you to do anything. happy Xmas!!

budgierless

Aug 6, 2020
Noone tell him do the mod or else.... he do it because he want so why cant I play with his mod? If I dont know him I
cant play with his mods because hes not in the op?Right?So yeah this is bullshit
Well, 1. Like as been already noted by Sancho1969 it took 3+days to work on this mod.
2. It's up to date with current AVN version and works fully.
3. Choice all of mods to use or not.
Any I made a ticket to support so I hope they sort this out, just for fairness alone at least.

czar25

Jun 14, 2017
Heads up to anyone who downloaded the compressed version of 9.0 as I did, I had to delete the scripts in the game folder for the game to run and not crash before the main menu while using this mod. Not sure why the compressor left the scripts unpacked...
happened to me..what file should i delete?

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
happened to me..what file should i delete?
Apply sancho mod to the game if you haven't already, then go into being a dik's game folder and delete the folder called scripts. Don't delete anything else.

P.S. ignore the troll telling you to delete all of your game.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The compressed version of the game has a folder called scripts.
I think you are applying the mod to the wrong VN version. I have v0.9.1 compressed and there are no loose scripts in it. This mod will work just fine with my buddy FAP369ZONE's compressed version here.

If you applied the mod v0.9.1 to VN v0.9.0 then you fucked up.

So, DL either the uncompressed or compressed version of the VN, specifically v0.9.1, then install the mod. Done. Nothing else needs to be done unless you want the music revert in which follow those instructions (nothing needs to be deleted in that case either). You can also use my personal Season 2 import file that contains all paths run separately if you wish, etc.

Mention: czar25

Last edited:
Reactions: FAP369ZONE

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Question. Is the mod compatible with older versions ?
If you mean older versions of saves, then yes... if the saves where made either unmodded or with SanchoMod. If you mean can you install a mod version inside a previous version of the VN then no... versions of mod to VN must always correlate, always.

• Sad
Reactions: Envy*

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
Is it possible to change any of the options on the stat screen, I downloaded the saves but some things I never chose so wanted to change them?

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
If you mean older versions of saves, then yes... if the saves where made either unmodded or with SanchoMod. If you mean can you install a mod version inside a previous version of the VN then no... versions of mod to VN must always correlate, always.
Oh dear, because I would like to redo the game from the beginning (to update myself) and there is a compatibility problem. In fact the translation I'm using is for season 1 and 2, so it's still in version 0.8.2. and it's incompatible with your 0.8.3 mod. As soon as I start the game, it quits automatically. You wouldn't have kept a backup of your old mod by any chance ?

Last edited:

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
I think you are applying the mod to the wrong VN version. I have v0.9.1 compressed and there are no loose scripts in it. This mod will work just fine with my buddy FAP369ZONE's compressed version here.

If you applied the mod v0.9.1 to VN v0.9.0 then you fucked up.

So, DL either the uncompressed or compressed version of the VN, specifically v0.9.1, then install the mod. Done. Nothing else needs to be done unless you want the music revert in which follow those instructions (nothing needs to be deleted in that case either). You can also use my personal Season 2 import file that contains all paths run separately if you wish, etc.

Mention: czar25
Yeah, I mentioned that it was the 9.0 compressed version. I'm not going to DL 9.1 just for the bug fixes. I can fix any game-breaking bugs myself if I run into them, but I haven't yet. Python isn't rocket science or anything. Your mod works fine with 9.0

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yeah, I mentioned that it was the 9.0 compressed version. I'm not going to DL 9.1 just for the bug fixes. I can fix any game-breaking bugs myself if I run into them, but I haven't yet. Python isn't rocket science or anything. Your mod works fine with 9.0
Understood, I know the mod will work with 9.1 since I include all the necessary scripts. The point I was making was it does NOT work fine with the first 9.0 compressed version that was release. It was packaged incorrectly where as 9.1 is not. This eliminates any installation confusion for the masses.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Oh dear, because I would like to redo the game from the beginning (to update myself) and there is a compatibility problem. In fact the translation I'm using is for season 1 and 2, so it's still in version 0.8.2. and it's incompatible with your 0.8.3 mod. As soon as I start the game, it quits automatically. You wouldn't have kept a backup of your old mod by any chance ?
All "old mods" are depreciated. This must be so otherwise things would become a cluster-fuck across all the VN's I mod publicly. I'd have to hire outside tech support just to keep up with the chaos that would ensue. :ROFLMAO:

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
All "old mods" are depreciated. This must be so otherwise things would become a cluster-fuck across all the VN's I mod publicly. I'd have to hire outside tech support just to keep up with the chaos that would ensue. :ROFLMAO:

Okay, no worries, I'll find a way to fix it or wait for the fansub team to make an udapte ! x)

Max1276

Mar 14, 2020
guys after Tommy talk with Jacob Halloween costumes my game closed without any advice or error ,im using a previous save ,what's happened? thx and im using sanchomod, i also tryed without using a mod but nothing changed maybe is because i download the game from torrent? thx hope somebody can help me

this is the log file

Last edited:

Krizalid

Nov 24, 2017
I got pretty much the same issue as Max1276, game crashes after this text. 0.8.3 was played with sanchomod, no "mod" option was used in the playthrough (refering to "see all the scenes" option that was sometimes offered) 1671908599498.png

Reactions: Max1276

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
I got pretty much the same issue as Max1276, game crashes after this text. 0.8.3 was played with sanchomod, no "mod" option was used in the playthrough (refering to "see all the scenes" option that was sometimes offered) View attachment 2260658
And if you dig further, I believe you'll find that almost every single one of these games had been previously modded (by Scrappy's mod, I believe, though it could have been Koga once upon a time). The fact that those mods were ever used is stored in the save file, and that is what triggers the game to exit here.

Don't cheat, or read the first post in the game's thread and install the fix for it, instead of dragging another mod's creator into the problem.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes