Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey Sancho, im running into this error whenever i try importing another Season 1-2 playthrough into Interlude after completing an Interlude playthrough and saving.

The only way around it is to delete the persistant files from save and appdata, then importing the next playthrough.

I tried it without your mod installed and it didnt bring up the error, which is why i am posting it here.

It looks like it is happening when the screen for Play Interlude or Skip to Episode 9 is supposed to appear.

Steps to Reproduce:

Fresh install
Import a game into Interlude
Play till the end.
Save on the Save Here screen.
Exit to Main Menu.
Tap Import.
Select another (or the same) save to import.

Result:
Error (see attachments)

When i did these exact steps without your mod, the result is it brings up the Play Interlude or Skip to 9 screen.

Note: This is a clean install and clean saves that only have your mod.
Good evening. You are missing a font file as noted in the error: " Could not find font u'Audrey-Bold.otf' "

Since I don't package any OEM fonts in the mod it has something to do with your original installation. For what it's worth that font file should be in the "game" folder of the OEM installation. In case you need it I've attached the one from the installation file I have. What concerns me is that if that file is missing... what other files might you be missing? Check your OEM zip/rar for the file as it should be there.

siliseric

Apr 3, 2022
Good evening. You are missing a font file as noted in the error: " Could not find font u'Audrey-Bold.otf' "

Since I don't package any OEM fonts in the mod it has something to do with your original installation. For what it's worth that font file should be in the "game" folder of the OEM installation. In case you need it I've attached the one from the installation file I have. What concerns me is that if that file is missing... what other files might you be missing? Check your OEM zip/rar for the file as it should be there.
That fixed it, thank you. That file was definitely not included in the installation i have.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
That fixed it, thank you. That file was definitely not included in the installation i have.
If that's the case you might want to report it to whoever the uploader was. It was in mine, but it's not the only font file that's included in the OEM package. Let me know if you run into any other issues and I'll help you isolate them if needed. Regards.

Reactions: siliseric

mayank

Dec 28, 2017
Is there a way we can change the Event Choices values or the Relationship points? They seem all unchangeable

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is there a way we can change the Event Choices values or the Relationship points? They seem all unchangeable
The variables that can be changed are in the SanchoCheats menu accessible via SanchoOptions. See OP's teaser pics, second row, second pic. Regards.

headhunter32

May 15, 2018
Always loved your mods keep up the great work.
But now i am going to ask maby somthing stupid and hard to do, if so just ignore it and tell me it cant be done or to much work.
But would it be posible to make the walktrough set up like ad the begin of the game where u select which girl u want to go for and it show the best option to choose for that route and make the other choices set to ignore or lower choice tier.

sorry if i am asking 2 much.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Always loved your mods keep up the great work.
But now i am going to ask maby somthing stupid and hard to do, if so just ignore it and tell me it cant be done or to much work.
But would it be posible to make the walktrough set up like ad the begin of the game where u select which girl u want to go for and it show the best option to choose for that route and make the other choices set to ignore or lower choice tier.

sorry if i am asking 2 much.
Good morning. No, you're not asking much... just different per se. In my view the mod does that but differently than you suggest. The way I try to approach it is so I don't have to code it a bazillion different ways so I elect to tell you which paths, relp, etc is effected by each choice. If you have a LI in mind then simply choose accordingly (Path, Relp, Love, etc). Anyway who knows, by the time I get to SanchoMod v7 it might ask you all that upfront then let you kick back "Netflix and chill" style.

BTW, I'm not looking forward to it but I'll be updating S2 to the newest mod core soon. It's going to be a ton of work but must be done to setup for the real S3 start whenever it drops. Regards.

headhunter32

May 15, 2018
Good morning. No, you're not asking much... just different per se. In my view the mod does that but differently than you suggest. The way I try to approach it is so I don't have to code it a bazillion different ways so I elect to tell you which paths, relp, etc is effected by each choice. If you have a LI in mind then simply choose accordingly (Path, Relp, Love, etc). Anyway who knows, by the time I get to SanchoMod v7 it might ask you all that upfront then let you kick back "Netflix and chill" style.

BTW, I'm not looking forward to it but I'll be updating S2 to the newest mod core soon. It's going to be a ton of work but must be done to setup for the real S3 start whenever it drops. Regards.
No worries it was more for me that some time i make a mistake and replay and replay until i get it correct.
But thnx any way we can not get all stuff we ever wanted but u already deliverd much so i just need to play a bit more carfull.
Keep up the good work.

Of almost all mod i have used yours is almost 99.6% stable and the bug in it can ez fixed bye replaying it so yea love your work.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Of almost all mod i have used yours is almost 99.6% stable and the bug in it can ez fixed bye replaying it so yea love your work.
What bug bud? I haven't had one reported yet. Let me know and I'll easily sort it out (I take great pride in my mods being rock-solid every time, it's what folks expect from my work tbh). And remember, SanchoMod is always dynamically changing, it just takes time for me to port the newest feature sets into previously submitted mods.

headhunter32

May 15, 2018
What bug bud? I haven't had one reported yet. Let me know and I'll easily sort it out (I take great pride in my mods being rock-solid every time, it's what folks expect from my work tbh). And remember, SanchoMod is always dynamically changing, it just takes time for me to port the newest feature sets into previously submitted mods.
The bug was sadly not repeatable, it was in Ep 3 when u fight in the gym to get a big dik when the fight started i got trown in a figh of the brawl app from the free roam before there.
but was fixed after reload a older save.
and that only happend 1 time.

i forgot to save the save file and also any info.

headhunter32

May 15, 2018
The bug was sadly not repeatable, it was in Ep 3 when u fight in the gym to get a big dik when the fight started i got trown in a figh of the brawl app from the free roam before there.
but was fixed after reload a older save.
and that only happend 1 time.

i forgot to save the save file and also any info.
Correction, could not get it to happen again but the moment it happend is in Ep 2 when u go to the gym for sage to see if chad is cheating and u start your fight with dawe.
The moment the fight start and u do your first punch the game whent back to freeroam mode brawl fight with the nerd from before.

But like i said i could not get it to happen again so i think it was just a freak bug happening.

Maby its the mod maby its in the game it self.

Wow the moment i type this it happend.
I dont have any bug stuff but i have the 2 saves from before and after.
it happens when i use the auto smash from your mod
2 me it feels like it happen when u press the smash button 2 many time and it dont reconise the win and start over

Sancho1969
I hope this helps

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Correction, could not get it to happen again but the moment it happend is in Ep 2 when u go to the gym for sage to see if chad is cheating and u start your fight with dawe.
The moment the fight start and u do your first punch the game whent back to freeroam mode brawl fight with the nerd from before.

But like i said i could not get it to happen again so i think it was just a freak bug happening.

Maby its the mod maby its in the game it self.

Wow the moment i type this it happend.
I dont have any bug stuff but i have the 2 saves from before and after.
it happens when i use the auto smash from your mod
2 me it feels like it happen when u press the smash button 2 many time and it dont reconise the win and start over

Sancho1969
I hope this helps
Good morning. I loaded that first save and ran through the Dawe fight about a dozen times, couldn't replicate. TBH the "AutoSmash" doesn't even call any other screens, it simply dumps the opposition health and triggers the hit as if you keyed in the combo correctly. I'm starting to wonder if you incidentally clicking the QLOAD button or something else in addition to clicking smash cheat. Not sure on this one, I'll keep trying from time to time but so far ~12 reloads and clicking the cheat ~20 times each (just to way over do it) and I can't replicate on my end.

headhunter32

May 15, 2018
Good morning. I loaded that first save and ran through the Dawe fight about a dozen times, couldn't replicate. TBH the "AutoSmash" doesn't even call any other screens, it simply dumps the opposition health and triggers the hit as if you keyed in the combo correctly. I'm starting to wonder if you incidentally clicking the QLOAD button or something else in addition to clicking smash cheat. Not sure on this one, I'll keep trying from time to time but so far ~12 reloads and clicking the cheat ~20 times each (just to way over do it) and I can't replicate on my end.
Omg now i feel stupid for waisting your time, after u said and talked about Q.load i retry it again and yes i think that happend because that damm button is so close to it.

after i removed the Q.load button it never happend only Q.save pressed and that dont break it.

Thnx for the help any way.

Then i must correct my privius statement about from 99.6% stabel to 100% :)

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Omg now i feel stupid for waisting your time, after u said and talked about Q.load i retry it again and yes i think that happend because that damm button is so close to it.

after i removed the Q.load button it never happend only Q.save pressed and that dont break it.

Thnx for the help any way.
No problem, regardless of where any issue ever lies what's important is that you're sorted and satisfied. If that's the case then there's no reason to feel stupid (I have bug test constantly since one simple missed keystroke, which I do more than I care to admit during beta, can bork thousands of lines of perfect code). It's all good. Regards.

Reactions: crapusername

drconfused

Mar 30, 2022
Not sure on this one, I'll keep trying from time to time but so far ~12 reloads and clicking the cheat ~20 times each (just to way over do it) and I can't replicate on my end.
So I have been playing non stop over the last week and the same bug has happened to me. One thing that seams to be for sure when it happens to me is it only seams to happen when skip is on but never happens if skip is off. Now when I come on a fight scene I always make sure that skip is off and I haven't had an issue since.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
So I have been playing non stop over the last week and the same bug has happened to me. One thing that seams to be for sure when it happens to me is it only seams to happen when skip is on but never happens if skip is off. Now when I come on a fight scene I always make sure that skip is off and I haven't had an issue since.
If that's the case then I can certainly fix that in the future by auto-stopping skip prior to the cheat button appearing and then it'd be available again once the specific brawl is done. It has to be something going wonky in the OEM code as the dev obviously didn't mean for speedruns to function during brawls. Like I said before, essentially the cheat depletes the health of the opponent and calls for the MC to strike... that's it. Any anomaly is due to us as players breaking the dev's script due to speedrunning. But knowing it's related to skipping I can sort that out. Thanks again and regards.

drconfused

Mar 30, 2022
If that's the case ...
Did another play through today and at the Dawe scene I made sure I wasn't on skip and it did skip me into the brawl fight. I am wondering if there is an issue with pressing the auto fight and it executing before the game is able to initiate the fight scene, if somehow a short pause could be added. Even in brawls sometimes I have to press the button 5 or 6 times for a fight to conclude.

headhunter32

May 15, 2018
If that's the case then I can certainly fix that in the future by auto-stopping skip prior to the cheat button appearing and then it'd be available again once the specific brawl is done. It has to be something going wonky in the OEM code as the dev obviously didn't mean for speedruns to function during brawls. Like I said before, essentially the cheat depletes the health of the opponent and calls for the MC to strike... that's it. Any anomaly is due to us as players breaking the dev's script due to speedrunning. But knowing it's related to skipping I can sort that out. Thanks again and regards.
I see i was speedrunning it ad that time because i was getting all my saves up 2 date for the interlude.

drconfused

Mar 30, 2022
In season 7 when given the 3 options; Go to Josy, Go to Maya, Go to Quinn, and if I hit the SanchoMod: All (if requirments are met) it still makes me do Quinn when I don't have the requirments and I despise her so much that I have never made it through the scene and always go back to just doing either Josy or Maya. Is there something I am missing in the mod that makes it so I can do the Josy and Maya stay overs and not have to do Quinn?

Reactions: Luckzor

Luckzor

May 2, 2017
In season 7 when given the 3 options; Go to Josy, Go to Maya, Go to Quinn, and if I hit the SanchoMod: All (if requirments are met) it still makes me do Quinn when I don't have the requirments and I despise her so much that I have never made it through the scene and always go back to just doing either Josy or Maya. Is there something I am missing in the mod that makes it so I can do the Josy and Maya stay overs and not have to do Quinn?
Same here, the mod said that you will get the scenes with the girls that you meet the requeriments, but I don't meet the requeriments with Quinn and I still get her scene. Hope Sancho can fix that.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes