Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Gotta love automated code that just works and even startles me when I didn't know something was supposed to happen yet:
1702065516511.png

The goal is to sort the MiniStat choreography, get the ChoiceGuide outline done, get the phone Guide done, and any new stats deployed in there respective screens. Once I get everything except cheats (including all minigames) I'll likely push out a public update since folks can usually wait a bit for cheats... and these will take a while to code. There's already almost 600 scripts in this Season 3 so there's a boatload of code to work through.

That's my current thoughts anyway. I'd rather get something solid in your hands and the cheats/conveniences can wait a bit rather than them slowing down an already huge undertaking.

Skyangel007

Jan 14, 2018
You deserve whatever you decide you want to work for in life bud... I'm just sharing my toys with the rest of the folks in the sandbox. I'm certain you'd do the same for me if the tables were turned.
Trust me that not everybody thinks like that. I would actually argue the majority of people would think the reverse. They would either not share it or they would ask money for it. So let me just say I really appreciate the hard work you put into your mods as I used them for a majority of AVNs that I play.

Reactions: Mihawk_80

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Trust me that not everybody thinks like that. I would actually argue the majority of people would think the reverse. They would either not share it or they would ask money for it. So let me just say I really appreciate the hard work you put into your mods as I used them for a majority of AVNs that I play.
Thank you for the kind words... but we must be optimistic. If we let the assholes have their way (like the past few years) then we will lose as a human race. There's plenty of good folks out there... most are silent but that doesn't discount their power nor their worth for the "tribe". Regards.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Gotta love automated code that just works and even startles me when I didn't know something was supposed to happen yet:

The goal is to sort the MiniStat choreography, get the ChoiceGuide outline done, get the phone Guide done, and any new stats deployed in there respective screens. Once I get everything except cheats (including all minigames) I'll likely push out a public update since folks can usually wait a bit for cheats... and these will take a while to code. There's already almost 600 scripts in this Season 3 so there's a boatload of code to work through.

That's my current thoughts anyway. I'd rather get something solid in your hands and the cheats/conveniences can wait a bit rather than them slowing down an already huge undertaking.
I actually don't mind waiting until you're completely done. Mainly because this site is kinda crappy and it's hard to keep track of you updating your mods, since these things don't get posted on te "Lastest Updates" page (sadly.)

But that's a me problem.

Roll out things however you want, of course.

I'm in no big rush anyway, these installments usually have bugs and there's updates for like, the next week or so.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I actually don't mind waiting until you're completely done. Mainly because this site is kinda crappy and it's hard to keep track of you updating your mods, since these things don't get posted on te "Lastest Updates" page (sadly.)

But that's a me problem.

Roll out things however you want, of course.

I'm in no big rush anyway, these installments usually have bugs and there's updates for like, the next week or so.
My bud colombeen has a way that works but you have to jump through a few hoops to set it up like you want. He showed me some of it last week or so but I've been too busy to check it out personally. Me pinging him in this reply maybe he'll make a post showing how it's done if you're interested (you can keep track of whatever you want updated on the site, this isn't about me).

Reactions: Porthas

colombeen

Modder
Jul 16, 2021
My bud colombeen has a way that works but you have to jump through a few hoops to set it up like you want. He showed me some of it last week or so but I've been too busy to check it out personally. Me pinging him in this reply maybe he'll make a post showing how it's done if you're interested (you can keep track of whatever you want updated on the site, this isn't about me).
Porthas I use . I don't use the browser extension, but it's just copy/pasting the URLs for the threads that you want to follow and pasting them in the bottom bar of the F95checker and hitting Enter. It can run as a background "service" (it just runs in the system tray) and it checks every item you've added every 15 mins by default if I'm not mistaken and shows you windows notifications when an item is updated. Here is my list of Sancho mods that I follow.
1702070405305.png

It's an outdated screenshot. This is now:
1702070946452.png

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Porthas I use . I don't use the browser extension, but it's just copy/pasting the URLs for the threads that you want to follow and pasting them in the bottom bar of the F95checker and hitting Enter. It can run as a background "service" (it just runs in the system tray) and it checks every item you've added every 15 mins by default if I'm not mistaken and shows you windows notifications when an item is updated. Here is my list of Sancho mods that I follow.
View attachment 3155893

It's an outdated screenshot. This is now:
View attachment 3155928
Thanks for explaining it bud. I'm certain this will help folks that are frustrated with not getting certain notifications since VN OP's are so unreliable now (since they don't contain all the available Extra content on the site anymore). Regards.

Zda13

Jul 16, 2022
Appreciate all the work you do for us and i'm definitely more than happy to wait for the mod update to release. First thing I do when checking a new game is to see if there's a Sanchomod with it since it's always so helpful so thanks again.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Yeah, no way am I'm updating Season 1 mod's ChoiceGuide for these kind of bits:
Python:
if ep2_stole_money:
    $ RPjill -= 5
Folks just gonna have to figure out the Jill doesn't like a thief it you are pursuing her.... otherwise take the damn money! :ROFLMAO:
never bothered to take any money from anywhere I just used your cheat if I needed some :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I've done so much...and yet still have almost 80 choice menus to dynamically code. The sheer amount of code is abnormal for a VN (not for BaDIK but an average VN).

I've pre-coded setups for the five (5) free roam events and completed the ChoiceGuide for the main scripts including their various LI routes. It's the FR choice menus where I'm at (the ~80 menus). So, that's the skinny on the cake baking progress. It's about time for my first adult beverage considering I've now been at this for over 12hrs straight. Need a 15-20 minute break to readjust my vision.

Kaintfm

Apr 26, 2021
Hey Sancho1969 !

Love your mods, and will wait patiently for your Being a DIK one. If I may offer a humble request? One of the annoyances of Being a DIK is keeping track of the various save games for different paths. It would be a nice feature if, upon beginning a new chapter, there were a handful of ready-made choice selections that you could choose through your mod for the most common paths. Sage DIK, Josy/Maya Neutral, Side ladies path, etc.

If not, no biggie. Love your work regardless! Mostly not looking forward to redoing my save games again to confirm the right choices for each of the major branches.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I've done so much...and yet still have almost 80 choice menus to dynamically code. The sheer amount of code is abnormal for a VN (not for BaDIK but an average VN).

I've pre-coded setups for the five (5) free roam events and completed the ChoiceGuide for the main scripts including their various LI routes. It's the FR choice menus where I'm at (the ~80 menus). So, that's the skinny on the cake baking progress. It's about time for my first adult beverage considering I've now been at this for over 12hrs straight. Need a 15-20 minute break to readjust my vision.
just push through it bro :ROFLMAO: Once I had 2 hour travel to the airport, spent 3 hours there until boarding, had a 12 hour flight, a 7 hour layover, then 4 more hours until I got back home... I was about fucking done but didn't want to sleep coz of the time difference so I stayed up for like 8 more hours, and had work the next day. Didn't sleep a wink the entire time, wouldn't wish it for anyone

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey Sancho1969 !

Love your mods, and will wait patiently for your Being a DIK one. If I may offer a humble request? One of the annoyances of Being a DIK is keeping track of the various save games for different paths. It would be a nice feature if, upon beginning a new chapter, there were a handful of ready-made choice selections that you could choose through your mod for the most common paths. Sage DIK, Josy/Maya Neutral, Side ladies path, etc.

If not, no biggie. Love your work regardless! Mostly not looking forward to redoing my save games again to confirm the right choices for each of the major branches.
You haven't look inside SanchoCheats I'm guessing. You can safely choose a specific route from there although it won't change every single variable back to Season 1 but it grabs the major variables that need to be set correctly. In other words it's a complex cheat, not just a Path(On)/Path(Off) behind the scenes....that'd be lazy and likely break your game in the future.
1702078102119.png

Reactions: Porthas and Kaintfm
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes