Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
I am on a pc and its still happens to me :(
I just did a clean wipe moments ago, so I'm stuck having to go through interlude once..

MIND, I'm on 9.0 atm, as I haven't downloaded the update yet!
Was waiting on Sancho to drop the mod! :p

I started downloading 9.1 as I'm typing this. So I'll test that too!

However.. With Sancho's mod, it imported a S2 save fine for me... (on 9.0 atleast)
Gimme a few to get through interlude, and I'll edit this post if it "fails" or not on Ep9.
I'll do another "test" on 9.1..

But my advice, is to delete the game folder. And unpack it again. And ONLY add Sancho's mod.
DO NOT mix mods.
Also. Delete the 'BeingaDIKSeason3-Patreon-<add a bunch'a numbers>' folder within
C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\

DO NOT delete the folder BeingaDIK-<numbers>! Only the Season 3 one!

This will make you have to do the exact same as I am now.. Go through interlude once more for "first time".
Tip.. enable "skip text" boxes if wanna skip through interlude fast! and turn off as you start EP9.

Then try again!

Hope that helps.

Edit: Works fine for me on both 9.0 and 9.1

You may have a borked save.
How to "MAYBE" fix this..
1. Back-up your S1/S2 saves
2. get a clean install of S1/S2
3. add Sancho's S1/S2 mod to that clean v0.8.3 install.
4. add your "backed up saves".
5. Load latest save, pre export.
6. Export this save to new slot.
7. Start the "Clean S3" v0.9.1 that has ONLY ever had Sancho's mod added.
8. Load the new save you exported in step 6.

if everything goes fine, this should work.
Otherwise, I've no idea!

Last edited:

woodyy

May 19, 2017
I just did a clean wipe moments ago, so I'm stuck having to go through interlude once..

MIND, I'm on 9.0 atm, as I haven't downloaded the update yet!
Was waiting on Sancho to drop the mod! :p

I started downloading 9.1 as I'm typing this. So I'll test that too!

However.. With Sancho's mod, it imported a S2 save fine for me... (on 9.0 atleast)
Gimme a few to get through interlude, and I'll edit this post if it "fails" or not on Ep9.
I'll do another "test" on 9.1..

But my advice, is to delete the game folder. And unpack it again. And ONLY add Sancho's mod.
DO NOT mix mods.
Also. Delete the 'BeingaDIKSeason3-Patreon-<add a bunch'a numbers>' folder within
C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\

DO NOT delete the folder BeingaDIK-<numbers>! Only the Season 3 one!

This will make you have to do the exact same as I am now.. Go through interlude once more for "first time".
Tip.. enable "skip text" boxes if wanna skip through interlude fast! and turn off as you start EP9.

Then try again!

Hope that helps.

i did go through the interlude again on 9.1 then added the mod, and i only have the patreon folder cuz i did a clean win 11 install recently

Kronicza7x

Aug 9, 2018
Is this mod anything like scrappy's mod were you could change the choices made? and are there more options?

BrockLanders

Aug 8, 2020
I like how in-depth this mod is until you realize it doesn't let you change your wallet's amount :HideThePain:
Time to make MC'sDaddyTrustFund Ver 0.1
If you use the mod as it were you'd never need to add to the wallet. If there was then I would have coded a cheat for it. It's pointless. Show me where, via normal playthrough, that it's an issue. I've spent countless hours coding you copouts for minigames if you don't want to play them, showing you where all the hidden money is in all freeroams... all of them. So, what exactly is the issue bud? Why are you out of wallet funds?
This mod literally tells you where all the money is hidden on screen, and you can't buy 2D Art (I assume that and the Madame are the money sinks) for girls you aren't schlumping in a particular game save. I too don't see why it's necessary.

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
Is this mod anything like scrappy's mod were you could change the choices made? and are there more options?
Some you can change. Some you can't.

It is always advised to do multiple playthroughs, and not attempt any "multi pathing" as it breaks the game.
Sancho's mod will let you know when there's an "obvious" branching, and gives you a warning that you may want to do a separate save for each branch.

Reactions: Kronicza7x

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
Anyone else experiencing CTD during the conversation at the start between Tommy and Jacob? :unsure:
If it's the dialogue straight at the start.. I didn't..

Firstly. Be sure the mod is installed correctly.
You can see my post above with steps about how to potentially fixing a "borked save".
If that is potentially your problem. This very same post, also goes basically into how to make sure your'e on a "clean" install with only sancho's mod added.

If none of the above work:

check the traceback, copy the crash logs and post here in a 'spoiler' for someone code savvy to check later.. (don't slump pages worth of code that flood the thread)

Kronicza7x

Aug 9, 2018
Some you can change. Some you can't.

It is always advised to do multiple playthroughs, and not attempt any "multi pathing" as it breaks the game.
Sancho's mod will let you know when there's an "obvious" branching, and gives you a warning that you may want to do a separate save for each branch.
Okay, thanks.

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
Well, sir, you just used integers in but a different way than the dev to similar results. That's how code works... there's a "fingerprint" and one of the reasons I became a "black sheep" around here (and why many of my best mods are not listed in VN OPs). (not against you) I call out those "modders" that are bullshit... and that has cost me with those in power 'round these parts. But fuck 'em... I don't work my ass for them... I work for me, then give to you, they can suck my... well, no they can't, no homo. :ROFLMAO: :p
I keep forgetting how new Ren'Py 8.0 is since it's the first to use Python 3.x and enums weren't supported by Python until 3.4. Most of my coding work has been done in C or C++ which have had enums since long ago. Nothing in a dev's code bothers me as much as when I see one use either of these:
Python:
if choice == "true":
    do this

if choice == "yes":
    do this
instead of True booleans.

I love your work and am glad to see effort actually put into coding.

Kalros

Nov 2, 2019
If it's the dialogue straight at the start.. I didn't..

Firstly. Be sure the mod is installed correctly.
You can see my post above with steps about how to potentially fixing a "borked save".
If that is potentially your problem. This very same post, also goes basically into how to make sure your'e on a "clean" install with only sancho's mod added.

If none of the above work:

check the traceback, copy the crash logs and post here in a 'spoiler' for someone code savvy to check later.. (don't slump pages worth of code that flood the thread)
First off, thanks for the reply, secondly, now that you mention the traceback, there isn't one, its straight crash to desktop, no error message.

The mod worked fine in interlude and in 9.0, i have since downloaded 9.1(both game and mod) and it crashes, i unpacked the game again, deleted BaDIK Season 3 folder, didn't install the mod and it still crashes in the exact same place, that i believe to be on the transition from non-free roam to free roam, but i'm not 100% sure.

What i'm wondering now is, while i have used scrappy mod in Season 1&2, i did new full playthrough of S1&2 with only Sancho mod(redownloaded 8.3 for clean unpack) but i didn't delete any Appdata folder, so i don't know if there's remnants of scrappy's mod on there still.

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
First off, thanks for the reply, secondly, now that you mention the traceback, there isn't one, its straight crash to desktop, no error message.

What i'm wondering now is, while i have used scrappy mod in Season 1&2, i did new full playthrough of S1&2 with only Sancho mod(redownloaded 8.3 for clean unpack) but i didn't delete any Appdata folder, so i don't know if there's remnants of scrappy's mod on there still.
Not a problem at all... :)
That's odd you're not getting any logs though! o0

As for the latter, yeah.. Clearing up the appdata in between mod migration could be a good idea.. though, I'm not certain if that would cause an issue...

I really hate to say this in this thread, but I'll plead ignorance not knowing Sancho had a mod going for the VN before recently.
I used that.. other mod aswell in the past. But I did not have any problems playing through Ep9 (using a "save fix" for the said mod.)

But I since wiped everything, and started fresh(7 playthroughs atm) using Sancho's mod only, on clean installs.
No problems..

So.. what I'd suggest.. is back up the few saves pre-export that you want to keep. wipe the appdata, and the folder.. reboot computer, just in case. cuz, windows being windows! You know! >< re-install BaDIK S1/S2 once more, adding only Sancho's mod... Copy over the saves you made backup of, into the game's save folder(not the appdata). load them up, and make a new export, and maybe try that in S3 EP9..

Also, if you're trying to run "multi path", disable the paths except one before the bit where you chose "path", "others", and so on. make the choice you want. Save into new slot.
Load back up, chose next path. Save into new slot. and so on.

Until you get multiple "solo paths" + the "others".

Run through remainder of game on all of them. save just before export.
So you don't have to redo.
Then finally export them each one by one.

Apart from that, I'm running out of ideas.. o0 :(

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes