Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

zackalex10407

Jan 30, 2020
Hi I can’t seem to view the multiple scenes. It says that there is a split feature which allows you to view all the scenes but in the first Jade scene no matter whose path I’m on it shows the same output. Doesn’t show the scene. May I know how to view all the scenes without missing?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi I can’t seem to view the multiple scenes. It says that there is a split feature which allows you to view all the scenes but in the first Jade scene no matter whose path I’m on it shows the same output. Doesn’t show the scene. May I know how to view all the scenes without missing?
Well, no, it doesn't say "all" scenes, it states "multiple"... "all" would be more like SanchoGallery. SanchoSplits is a selective feature (at my personal discretion) which allows for "multiple" scenes at particular points in the VN. There's a difference, you will know there's a SanchoSplit due to the menu choices, for example:
1674083845901.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Kuruderu

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm on the final episode (8) now. Still working the direction of the MiniStat to flow during scenes so you don't find yourself manually turning it On/Off. I usually only do this during lewd scenes in SanchoMod but I go the extra mile in these re-codes. It takes time to do proper but (for me) helps to achieve a more set and forget type of VN experience... so shit gets out of your way and comes back (hopefully with little realization that it's happening) during immersion of the product. That's the goal anyway, to perform as if a mod wasn't even installed to begin with... set what you want then kickback and go.

Anyway, enough yammering, I'm back at it with tonight's first adult beverage which honestly helps me focus during these long coding sessions. This VN (S1/S2) is just a beast to code... there's so much content to keep uniform and insure it's tight. No excuses, just saying that this reduex is one helluva time investment for what is basically more horsepower and polish. I hope it's translated during initial play or replay for folks... I'm throwing a ton of advanced code at this but like Bella says:
1674089034354.png
All BS aside, I'll do my best to have it done, compiled, tested, and published this evening (it's pushing 1845 hours here now for reference). No promises, but goals set are motivational pushers.

anthropoktoniaa

Oct 19, 2020
Initially i was going to ask for the old one aswell. Then i spend 3 seconds thinking about it. and realized that i had absolutely no right to ask/demand anything ;) i'm just happy that you are putting in the time and effort. My ask for ETA was also more to get a sense of "days" or "weeks/months" as i just picked up the game again :D

Anyways. Thanks for making this. And let us know if we can help ;)
Same situation with this fellow DIK, I'm just glad you continuously try to make our gameplays better & better.

Dragonav

Feb 22, 2018
Man thank you for being professional in answering all those questions. I know you are passionate about doing it and I wish you the best. I know it's not easy to run through a large line of code, especially as big as this one, but doing it in a hasty way will lead to more bugs... and more whine.

Will wait for your update!

zackalex10407

Jan 30, 2020
Well, no, it doesn't say "all" scenes, it states "multiple"... "all" would be more like SanchoGallery. SanchoSplits is a selective feature (at my personal discretion) which allows for "multiple" scenes at particular points in the VN. There's a difference, you will know there's a SanchoSplit due to the menu choices, for example:
does this work in season 3 too?? cos im playing season 3 now at the beginning of that dinner scene. Thank you for answering my question btw

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
does this work in season 3 too?? cos im playing season 3 now at the beginning of that dinner scene. Thank you for answering my question btw
Well, Ep3 is currently only one episode so far (obviously) but there are 3 split choices in it from what I recall. 2 of them are Josy/Maya and one is Tiffani/Becky.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod - S1/S2 Update (non-critical)
The "Redux" update
Again: You spoke, I listened (mostly)

Links in OP and it's associated FAQ are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • New feature - Updated to Core v7a
  • New feature - Added the MiniStat auto-Hide/Show code.
  • New feature - Enhanced the MiniStat to automatically get out of the way during FreeRoam if there's a right-navigation arrow, hidden object, etc. See mod FAQ for details.
  • New feature - After listening to all the bitching and moaning I've coded a proper Money cheat that uses the dev's code so you can't bork it out. See mod FAQ for details.
  • Updated feature - Added more SanchoCheats according to latest Core.
  • Updated feature - Improved the ChoiceGuide to be more uniform and informative.
  • Updated feature - Improved the FreeRoam guide within the MiniStat.
  • Updated feature - Added all the latest HotKeys.
  • So many minor tweaks I can't even begin to log them all (really).
Go get you some.
Enjoy and regards as always.

Last edited:

ju1zzed

Feb 18, 2018
SanchoMod - S1/S2 Update (non-critical)
The "Redux" update
Again: You spoke, I listened (mostly)

Links in OP and it's associated FAQ are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • New feature - Updated to Core v7a
  • New feature - Added the MiniStat auto-Hide/Show code.
  • New feature - Enhanced the MiniStat to automatically get out of the way during FreeRoam if there's a right-navigation arrow, hidden object, etc. See mod FAQ for details.
  • New feature - After listening to all the bitching and moaning I've coded a proper Money cheat that uses the dev's code so you can't bork it out. See mod FAQ for details.
  • Updated feature - Improved the ChoiceGuide to be more uniform and informative.
  • Updated feature - Improved the FreeRoam guide within the MiniStat.
  • Updated feature - Added more SanchoCheats according to latest Core.
  • So many minor tweaks I can't even begin to log them all (really).
Go get you some.
Enjoy and regards as always.
Thank you alot Sancho :)

Gefom

Feb 21, 2022
Going to Download the new version ASAP, thanks bro.:giggle:

Just a quick question, this new version of ur mod for S01/S02 still require that I manually put the old musics back in game, right? (I'm still on v08.2, waiting to move to v08.3) Because when u started the Redux I had the impression that you were going to implement that aswell. And since I'm not seeing this in the changelog I'm a bit confuse haha

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Going to Download the new version ASAP, thanks bro.:giggle:

Just a quick question, this new version of ur mod for S01/S02 still require that I manually put the old musics back in game, right? (I'm still on v08.2, waiting to move to v08.3) Because when u started the Redux I had the impression that you were going to implement that aswell. And since I'm not seeing this in the changelog I'm a bit confuse haha
To be clear, you can install the S1/S2 SanchoMod update over your previous one if you have it. If you don't then no, the music revert is not included as it's meant to be optional (some folks don't want to revert).

Reactions: Mikedazz1

simpledue69

Mar 21, 2022
I think I might have discovered a bug with the auto smash cheat.

When we get to the real life fights (not brawler), if you press auto smash... you will hit the person you are fighting (Troy, Dawe, etc) then when you click the screen again it will take you to the brawler mini game. Once you finish the unexpected brawler mini game, quit brawler it loads into a previous something. I've attached my save folder if it helps for troubleshooting.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I think I might have discovered a bug with the auto smash cheat.

When we get to the real life fights (not brawler), if you press auto smash... you will hit the person you are fighting (Troy, Dawe, etc) then when you click the screen again it will take you to the brawler mini game. Once you finish the unexpected brawler mini game, quit brawler it loads into a previous something. I've attached my save folder if it helps for troubleshooting.
Good evening. I'll check it later (I'm updating another VN currently) but just know in over a year I've not seen what you describe with thousands upon thousands of folks having the mod installed. Not saying your wrong without looking but please insure you installed the mod inside a clean (unadulterated) version of the VN. This alone resolves 99.9% of issues every single time... fwiw.

simpledue69

Mar 21, 2022
I am on a fresh install of windows, and a fresh download of the game (from the main game thread) and your mod (from your OP). My persistent file (and only the persistent file) was downloaded from this post
https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-9-1-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-5618683

Taking your advice into account, I nuked my save game folder from both the game directory and the C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\RenPy directory. (Since my persistent file... and unfortunately those saves... were the only thing that could be considered dirty with my current setup).

I then proceeded to do a clean speed run to the Troy fight using the same choices I used before.

I didn't initially experience the issue I described, however was finally able to reproduce it after save scrumming a few times.

Lets just say its an extreme edge case that few will ever probably experience.

Basically, I have "Skip Unseen Text" enabled under dialogue in the options menu. Hitting "ctrl" and clicking quickly anywhere in the scene at just the right time during the fight seems to be what is trigging the issue I'm experiencing.

My clean save directory is attached if you want to take a look, but really the issue seems to be solved by slowing my ass down at those scenes.

Last edited:

NutGuy

Oct 11, 2020
Good evening. I'll check it later (I'm updating another VN currently) but just know in over a year I've not seen what you describe with thousands upon thousands of folks having the mod installed. Not saying your wrong without looking but please insure you installed the mod inside a clean (unadulterated) version of the VN. This alone resolves 99.9% of issues every single time... fwiw.
Just downloaded the game for the first time today and correctly installed the mod and had this same glitch happen when fighting Chad, it took me back to a brawler fight, maybe an issue with rollback? I can't remember if I used rollback or not when the glitch triggered.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Just downloaded the game for the first time today and correctly installed the mod and had this same glitch happen when fighting Chad, it took me back to a brawler fight, maybe an issue with rollback? I can't remember if I used rollback or not when the glitch triggered.
Do you recall if you where speed skipping (via ctrl/tab button) during the brawl? Since I hijack the dev's code and don't actually change the mechanics, it's possible (but rare in python) that it's skipping out of the loop.

NutGuy

Oct 11, 2020
Do you recall if you where speed skipping (via ctrl/tab button) during the brawl? Since I hijack the dev's code and don't actually change the mechanics, it's possible (but rare in python) that it's skipping out of the loop.
I was not holding down control, but I may have been holding down the left mouse button to speed up dialogue, I cannot recall. I found the glitch rather appalling and funny since I could just skip dialogue to get back to where I was.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes