Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
What kind info you need?
Considering thousands upon thousands have used the mod and none have ever encountered the error you're getting we have to isolate what's different with your setup... so any additional info will help find the needle in the haystack. For example: is it from a an old loaded save that this occurs or is it from a clean playthrough from the start, at what point does this occur (what scene exactly), does it occur prior to where you are when you have access to the phone, etc.

I have a feeling you might have mixed mods or loaded a save file that was using another mod/hack previously... like I said before I do NOT alter Jacob's art store code in any way... at all, zero. The error you have is a populated list from the dev used by the art store screen... so something is wonky with either your install or your loaded save file imho.

jtentntn

Sep 12, 2021
was it not possible to change stuff in the statscreen previously? basically changing the value from false to true.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
was it not possible to change stuff in the statscreen previously? basically changing the value from false to true.
StatsScreens report stats, SanchoCheats allows changes as appropriate. Access either via the MiniMenu or their associated hot key.

ju1zzed

Feb 18, 2018
I'll hopefully have it out today barring any IRL customer issues/visits. It is a ton of code transfer so I have to go through the tedious SOP step-by-step to insure it's all tight and solid as folks have come to expect.
Dont worry, i get it, i can wait for your quallity mod as long as it takes, thx for everything you do for us :)

sry my english sucks btw ;D

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'll hopefully have it out today barring any IRL customer issues/visits. It is a ton of code transfer so I have to go through the tedious SOP step-by-step to insure it's all tight and solid as folks have come to expect.
"I'll just touch up the DnG FreeRoam while I'm near it"... famous last words. I thought I'd be just a few minutes but it ended up taking me a few hours. What a beast of a free roam. Chugging onwards...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Morning log: Yeah, I'm behind schedule. Implementing all the minute quality of life features found in the newest S3 over to S1/S2 has certainly been challenging (simply due to the amount of code required). Today's goal is to implement the MiniStat auto-hide/appear in FreeRoam with right-arrows/context. It's a feature most might not even realize is happening in S3 but I feel it's just one more vast improvement. The problem: by my quick search there's a minimum of 274 of those to code in S1/S2... and I'm certain there are doors and other objects I'm not capturing in that quick search. My time is a bit limited today due to IRL obligations but I've my second cup of coffee and fixing to get this part of the porting going. I really want to knock this S1/S2 update out of the park similar to how I handled LoF... no holds barred. Regards.

Arcturius

Jun 13, 2020
Sancho your passion to deliver a great work/mod to us all so that we can enjoy a game can't be admired enough.

Thank you again for the time you invest.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good evening. For the pending S1/S2 maintenance update SanchoCheats will work a bit differently. I've added the Money cheat some folks were whining about (I still have never need more money but you do you) and changed the way Event (Var) cheats work. They will now unlock (have access to) only AFTER you could have obtained them in-game. This will help insure 1) folks don't change an event or path before it could occur, make different choices leading up to it, then find themselves with a different outcome and blame me for having broken cheats when it's there choices that changed the outcome and 2) keep things in a more comprehensive arrangement. I personally use more cheats than I offer while coding to assist in speed runs (for checking code, diagnostics, etc) and I decided to leave one in with a warning. I don't usually do this (all SanchoCheats in every single mod I publish are bulletproof) but will likely risk it on this one. This is the choice the player made at the end of Ep3 on who he goes to stay with. It comes with a warning as noted in the teaser below "Use with extreme caution". Don't fuck with it unless you accept potential (and highly likely) wonky outcomes. It's really only best served for speed runs tbh and may not make the final cut.
1673998178852.png
Anyway, I'm back to it. It's an enormous amount of code and this "reduex" of SanchoMod for S1/S2 hasn't been light on the workload nor the hours invested. It will be polished though, that's for sure. Regards.

Kuruderu

Oct 24, 2017
Good evening. For the pending S1/S2 maintenance update SanchoCheats will work a bit differently. I've added the Money cheat some folks were whining about (I still have never need more money but you do you) and changed the way Event (Var) cheats work. They will now unlock (have access to) only AFTER you could have obtained them in-game. This will help insure 1) folks don't change an event or path before it could occur, make different choices leading up to it, then find themselves with a different outcome and blame me for having broken cheats when it's there choices that changed the outcome and 2) keep things in a more comprehensive arrangement. I personally use more cheats than I offer while coding to assist in speed runs (for checking code, diagnostics, etc) and I decided to leave one in with a warning. I don't usually do this (all SanchoCheats in every single mod I publish are bulletproof) but will likely risk it on this one. This is the choice the player made at the end of Ep3 on who he goes to stay with. It comes with a warning as noted in the teaser below "Use with extreme caution". Don't fuck with it unless you accept potential (and highly likely) wonky outcomes. It's really only best served for speed runs tbh and may not make the final cut.
Anyway, I'm back to it. It's an enormous amount of code and this "reduex" of SanchoMod for S1/S2 hasn't been light on the workload nor the hours invested. It will be polished though, that's for sure. Regards.
Do you have any kind of estimate on when it will be released for download again? (just picked up the game again for a new playthrough).

I understand that you probably can't be specific or anything. But just a rough estimate would be awesome :) Anyways. Thanks for all the work!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Do you have any kind of estimate on when it will be released for download again? (just picked up the game again for a new playthrough).

I understand that you probably can't be specific or anything. But just a rough estimate would be awesome :) Anyways. Thanks for all the work!
Honestly I'm behind my original schedule. I thought I'd have it done last night (I took the day off from everything to do so) but me polishing the DnG free roam took way longer than I had expected. This morning I decided to add the MiniStat auto-hide/show in free roams and had started before I realized how many hundreds of code snippets I'd have to write. As I'm doing that I'm taking pauses to tighten up things during my speed runs... so no, I would love to say this evening but considering I have at least a few more beast free roams to go I don't know if I'll make that. Best guess... late tonight if I don't get too tired or sometime tomorrow (if it rains as is expected). I'll do my best to provide updates but I want them to be meaningful rather than "I'm still at it" nonsense, which helps no one.

ZeScorpion

Jul 12, 2020
Honestly I'm behind my original schedule. I thought I'd have it done last night (I took the day off from everything to do so) but me polishing the DnG free roam took way longer than I had expected. This morning I decided to add the MiniStat auto-hide/show in free roams and had started before I realized how many hundreds of code snippets I'd have to write. As I'm doing that I'm taking pauses to tighten up things during my speed runs... so no, I would love to say this evening but considering I have at least a few more beast free roams to go I don't know if I'll make that. Best guess... late tonight if I don't get too tired or sometime tomorrow (if it rains as is expected). I'll do my best to provide updates but I want them to be meaningful rather than "I'm still at it" nonsense, which helps no one.
Thanks Sancho, you're a star (y)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
at least put the link back if you take a long time to update it
At least be patient for 48hrs. I started Sunday and it's Tuesday morning. Cut me some slack, the old version is now deprecated. I'm doing this for fans as it's otherwise zero use to me to spend the time to update old mods to latest features. Waiting until that is complete is the only option.

Kuruderu

Oct 24, 2017
At least be patient for 48hrs. I started Sunday and it's Tuesday morning. Cut me some slack, the old version is now deprecated. I'm doing this for fans as it's otherwise zero use to me to spend the time to update old mods to latest features. Waiting until that is complete is the only option.
Initially i was going to ask for the old one aswell. Then i spend 3 seconds thinking about it. and realized that i had absolutely no right to ask/demand anything ;) i'm just happy that you are putting in the time and effort. My ask for ETA was also more to get a sense of "days" or "weeks/months" as i just picked up the game again :D

Anyways. Thanks for making this. And let us know if we can help ;)

Reactions: Vicky Pedia

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Initially i was going to ask for the old one aswell. Then i spend 3 seconds thinking about it. and realized that i had absolutely no right to ask/demand anything ;) i'm just happy that you are putting in the time and effort. My ask for ETA was also more to get a sense of "days" or "weeks/months" as i just picked up the game again :D

Anyways. Thanks for making this. And let us know if we can help ;)
Not days or weeks/months... hopefully "hours". I've been at this "Redeux" non-stop tbh.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes