Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Hans.Jerkov

May 9, 2019
hey so I was playing the when there was a hint of a magazine location, and when i clicked on the magazine to collect it this error showed up
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
hey so I was playing the when there was a hint of a magazine location, and when i clicked on the magazine to collect it this error showed up
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Fucking hell. I tested all these damn mags several times. I added the MiniStat auto-hide, tested again. I have in my journal that I noticed the MiniStat hid/reappeared correctly with mouse hover but I had forgotten after clicking on the mag to auto-appear it (after the fact). I have a note that I sorted it but I don't have a note of testing it and I think that's the issue... likely every fucking hidden mag is fucked.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention. Give me a bit (I'm on my first cup of coffee) to get it sorted and I'll push out a hotfix, with a mention to you in the post so you'll be flagged. Apologies, this is embarrassing.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod - Update (Critical)

Links in OP and it's associated FAQ are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • Resolved - issue of fatal exception thrown after selecting any hidden mag in Maint Update 2 as noted here.
Again, apologies for the inconvenience.

Mention: Hans.Jerkov

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Has anyone else had the issue of when hotswapping paths in ep9 the party is uncompletable, during the "Talk to Sage" phase, she's not present?

I realize this is with cheats and no guarantee of functionality, just curious if others had issue too or whats preventing event from firing...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Has anyone else had the issue of when hotswapping paths in ep9 the party is uncompletable, during the "Talk to Sage" phase, she's not present?

I realize this is with cheats and no guarantee of functionality, just curious if others had issue too or whats preventing event from firing...
It stands to reason that near the end of any Episode if a player changes routes suddenly after the majority of the events have come to a close and near an end that it might get wonky. Now, with that disclaimer said, since the task list is auto populated, you shouldn't get a new task if the character isn't available (it's the dev's code). Do you have any other tasks listed? If you're in the costume contest event then she's in Jamie's terrarium patio.

Edit: I'll need more info from you. I dug into it and can find zero issue with tasks regarding "Talk to Sage" which is only populated at the beginning of the second free roam and during the costume contest in the last free roam... both of which she's available regardless of Branching. If you've found something otherwise let me know.

Last edited:

hansolo1195

Sep 25, 2017
I'm having an issue where the scenes keep looping at the party when the girls (Josy Maya Sage) realize who the mummy is, and then the scene jumps to Bella saying hi to Jill at a party, then it triggers the same scene of Josy, Maya, and Sage again. These two scenes keep looping.

Did an uninstall and reinstall of BADIK and the mod but issue persists. Anyone else get this?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm having an issue where the scenes keep looping at the party when the girls (Josy Maya Sage) realize who the mummy is, and then the scene jumps to Bella saying hi to Jill at a party, then it triggers the same scene of Josy, Maya, and Sage again. These two scenes keep looping.

Did an uninstall and reinstall of BADIK and the mod but issue persists. Anyone else get this?
You and most folks that used another mod or something. Has nothing to do with SanchoMod. See post here or search the VN's thread, you're in mass company of folks that tried to harem a non-harem game. With loops the easiest fix is to end S2 with only proper route(s)/branching, export, then import into S3 so you get back to non-shenanigans. That's my professional assumption due to the mass amount of folks where that occurred and all have more paths than was allowed in the base VN or within SanchoMod which is borking the conditionals in the S3 free roams. Regards.

vuikinh

May 18, 2018
Really digging the mod so far. Small suggestion: it would be nice to have the option to show the SanchoMod's icon only on hover.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Really digging the mod so far. Small suggestion: it would be nice to have the option to show the SanchoMod's icon only on hover.
I think you just want to see if I can pull of an additional animation on top of the current animation (transform). I'll consider it if I find a way for a smooth animation. On/Off on hover just won't do... it's too easy and not really worth it since the MiniMenu is already... well, mini. It'd have to be cool or it's a scratch. :LOL:

Reactions: drconfused

budgierless

Aug 6, 2020
It'd have to be cool or it's a scratch. :LOL:
Well i have a cheeky request of my own, and I know it's a long shot but I am gonna ask anyways...

Is their any chance in hell that you could come up with a script or patch that could convert scrappy mod saves to Sancho mod equivalent?
Hmm just taking about it, the tech for this is already partly available from the dev when is did a season 2 to 3 import method and its still part of the AVN, maybe a modded version of that could do the trick?
your thoughts?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well i have a cheeky request of my own, and I know it's a long shot but I am gonna ask anyways...

Is their any chance in hell that you could come up with a script or patch that could convert scrappy mod saves to Sancho mod equivalent?
Hmm just taking about it, the tech for this is already partly available from the dev when is did a season 2 to 3 import method and its still part of the AVN, maybe a modded version of that could do the trick?
your thoughts?
Knee-jerk response (just banging out my thoughts in real-time):

I'm going to be frankly honest with you bud: at the risk of sounding like an asshole (which is not my intent, I assure you) I don't feel it's my duty to cleanup anyone else's mess. The only messes I generally resolve are that of the developer of the VN I'm modding on (by default I must). At this point with as many posts as I have answered and even coded in the basic "fix" for other mod usages that broke folks saves... I've already done wayyy more than I normally would, all for the sake of helping folks out. The only other major issues folks are facing is the infinite coding loop which I've already given instruction on how to resolve: the player needs to simply load up S2, load the save they want to export, change the damn paths/branches to something rational, then export to S3.

Again, I'm already much further into resolving the problems of other products that I'd hope folks would be somewhat happy that at least I've tried to help, even coding fixes for them in my own mod (still can't believe I did that but folks need help). It's just not my responsibility to clean up this mess 100%, it's the responsibility of whoever made the mess to begin with, ain't it?

Surely that's fair. Your thoughts?

seyfer110

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Ok, I feel like an idiot...how do I change / edit relationship points?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ok, I feel like an idiot...how do I change / edit relationship points?
You're not an idiot bud, it's not necessary so not currently in SanchoCheats (for any Season). Relp pnts are all but insignificant except for dialogue here and there for the most part. What relp points are you finding you need to change bud? I've never, ever needed to alter them in hundreds of speed runs.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

I'm going to be frankly honest with you bud: at the risk of sounding like an asshole (which is not my intent, I assure you) I don't feel it's my duty to cleanup anyone else's mess. The only messes I generally resolve are that of the developer of the VN I'm modding on (by default I must). At this point with as many posts as I have answered and even coded in the basic "fix" for other mod usages that broke folks saves... I've already done wayyy more than I normally would, all for the sake of helping folks out. The only other major issues folks are facing is the infinite coding loop which I've already given instruction on how to resolve: the player needs to simply load up S2, load the save they want to export, change the damn paths/branches to something rational, then export to S3.

Again, I'm already much further into resolving the problems of other products that I'd hope folks would be somewhat happy that at least I've tried to help, even coding fixes for them in my own mod (still can't believe I did that but folks need help). It's just not my responsibility to clean up this mess 100%, it's the responsibility of whoever made the mess to begin with, ain't it?

budgierless

I've had this in the back of my mind as I currently work on a maintenance update of UniOfProbs (yeah, I walk and chew gum at the same time :ROFLMAO:)... your request is certainly doable. I can manipulate and correct export/import data on the fly but the more I thought "fuck it, if it helps folks I should at least consider it"... but a few things still pull my reigns on the situation:

If I was to code such an effort, who am I to select which Path(s) and/or Branche(s) the player wants/needs from the S2 export. It's easy to imply "just code it to ask them" but every single damn variable is in the exports that they totally fucked up by "harem-izing"... that's not realistic.

I don't know... yes, I could spend the time to do it and make it work flawlessly. But I still keep feeling that I'm cleaning up someone else's fuck up... some else should man up and clean up their own damn fucked-up mod's house after what they created. It's kinda fucked up, but I hate leaving folks hanging regardless of how they got into their circumstance.

Decisions, decisions....

budgierless

Aug 6, 2020
budgierless

I've had this in the back of my mind as I currently work on a maintenance update of UniOfProbs (yeah, I walk and chew gum at the same time :ROFLMAO:)... your request is certainly doable. I can manipulate and correct export/import data on the fly but the more I thought "fuck it, if it helps folks I should at least consider it"... but a few things still pull my reigns on the situation:

If I was to code such an effort, who am I to select which Path(s) and/or Branche(s) the player wants/needs from the S2 export. It's easy to imply "just code it to ask them" but every single damn variable is in the exports that they totally fucked up by "harem-izing"... that's not realistic.

I don't know... yes, I could spend the time to do it and make it work flawlessly. But I still keep feeling that I'm cleaning up someone else's fuck up... some else should man up and clean up their own damn fucked-up mod's house after what they created. It's kinda fucked up, but I hate leaving folks hanging regardless of how they got into their circumstance.

Decisions, decisions....

Dude! I hear you, and I can live with it for sure, but i came to this question mainly because you have done some much to make an awsome mod for this AVN of late that I think this could be the iceing on the cake, as their maybe so many people that have played this game this far in and now seeing all the bells n whistles with your mod makes it very desirable, and maybe just maybe if their is a way to help bring people over to the dark side, why not? But hey, no stress my dude.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Dude! I hear you, and I can live with it for sure, but i came to this question mainly because you have done some much to make an awsome mod for this AVN of late that I think this could be the iceing on the cake, as their maybe so many people that have played this game this far in and now seeing all the bells n whistles with your mod makes it very desirable, and maybe just maybe if their is a way to help bring people over to the dark side, why not? But hey, no stress my dude.
Same folks that said the mod "sucks" since it didn't have a fucking Money cheat :ROFLMAO:.... and I caved and made a cheat for it regardless. None will thank me, none give a shit I assure you. I'm no rookie and been here a longer time than my account might show if I'm being honest. I'm not coming down on you so be sure, I'm just shooting my immediate thoughts and cautions to ya. I know where you're coming from. Currently I need to spend the time to elevate those that have used this mod as a priority (obviously), the other folks that didn't will just have to wait for the time being. Let 'em bitch, at least now they have a proper Money and Branch cheat that won't ever fuck up their save files whether they ever admit it or not.

budgierless

Aug 6, 2020
Same folks that said the mod "sucks" since it didn't have a fucking Money cheat :ROFLMAO:.... and I caved and made a cheat for it regardless. None will thank me, none give a shit I assure you. I'm no rookie and been here a longer time than my account might show if I'm being honest. I'm not coming down on you so be sure, I'm just shooting my immediate thoughts and cautions to ya. I know where you're coming from. Currently I need to spend the time to elevate those that have used this mod as a priority (obviously), the other folks that didn't will just have to wait for the time being. Let 'em bitch, at least now they have a proper Money and Branch cheat that won't ever fuck up their save files whether they ever admit it or not.
For sure, not that i want to make this about me, but only because i know you deal with 100's of posts and threads it maybe easy to lose track of some people who support and and those who just bitch/moan n beg, I mainly use your mod on most AVN's i play and this AVN is the only one where I started with the other afew years ago, only because at the time I did not know yours existed and for me I felt it was too late to change becuase of saves issue, but my support has alreadys been their even tho i was not using the mod myself, (It was me who battled with f95zone to get your mod on the AVN main page). I did not do this becuase I wanted something in return because like i said i was not even using your mod for this AVN but I like your work, and plus the madness of work hours you put into getting v9+ ready was so kool. just keep doing what you do, that is my formal REQUEST fyi.

Reactions: laola2kk
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes