Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

seyfer110

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
You're not an idiot bud, it's not necessary so not currently in SanchoCheats (for any Season). Relp pnts are all but insignificant except for dialogue here and there for the most part. What relp points are you finding you need to change bud? I've never, ever needed to alter them in hundreds of speed runs.
Ah, ok.
In the previous version I always tried to keep relationship points at their best value based on the available options (for example if you need to compliment X girl instead of Y girl for single +2 relationship, or BOTH for +1 relationship, I usually change both relationship with a +2).
I'm a cheater, I know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But if you say it's not necessary for now, no problem.
Thank you anyway for the mod, it's a Great help.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ah, ok.
In the previous version I always tried to keep relationship points at their best value based on the available options (for example if you need to compliment X girl for a instead of Y girl for single +2 relationship, or BOTH for +1 relationship, I usually change both relationship with a +2).
I'm a cheater, I know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But if you say it's not necessary for now, no problem.
Thank you anyway for the mod, it's a Great help.
Appreciate the feedback, sincerely. Just know that SanchoMod has always been organic, meaning it's code is flexible enough to allow it to morph into or add whatever may or may not be needed now and in the future. If there's a point system or event that becomes important enough to be more than a dialogue changing event, then it will be considered for addition to the mod. In other words nothing is set in stone as hopefully can be seen in just the last two maintenance updates alone. I'm on my first cup of coffee so I hope that makes sense. Regards.

Neverwonder

Oct 14, 2019
Is anyone stuck in a loop at the part where sage, maya, josy, and bella are drinking where it just keep repeating the the scene and wont move to the next scene. Is there anyway screenshot0009.png to fix it with the SanchoMod. This is the scene

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
Is anyone stuck in a loop at the part where sage, maya, josy, and bella are drinking where it just keep repeating the the scene and wont move to the next scene. Is there anyway
If you check a few posts back, its been discussed that this is caused by using another mod and not having correct relationship paths. Easiest way is to go back to season 2, disable all but one path, and save, then import into 3

Reactions: deuxrayme

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey Sancho1969 sorry to bother, but I'm getting this error in the middle of the new episode. Is there something from my end that I can do to fix this?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Good morning. Sometimes RenPy traces are a bit obscure like the one you attached. I can see that something is occurring during the third freeroam and it appears to be hitting you when it's looking to see if any new art from Jacob's store is available... but other than that it's not giving me much as to which list index is popping.

Can you give me a bit more detail, like approx the in-game placement of the player before the error occurs? It would stand to reason that if the issue is with the Jacob Art info list popping on you that it would do so in every free roam event, not just the third. I'm sure we can sort it, just need a bit more insight from you first. Regards.

Edit: If I am correct your error is occurring at the beginning of FR here which starts after the MC "fixes" the tripped breaker event and directly after the Pink Rose ladies show up. I loaded a few saves around that point and not finding an issue on my end. Here is the beginning of the third free roam and I've circled the 2D art info that I think is popping the bork on your end (from what I can read from the traceback):
1673187739161.png

Last edited:

Gefom

Feb 21, 2022
Good morning. Sometimes RenPy traces are a bit obscure like the one you attached. I can see that something is occurring during the third freeroam and it appears to be hitting you when it's looking to see if any new art from Jacob's store is available... but other than that it's not giving me much as to which list index is popping.

Can you give me a bit more detail, like approx the in-game placement of the player before the error occurs? It would stand to reason that if the issue is with the Jacob Art info list popping on you that it would do so in every free roam event, not just the third. I'm sure we can sort it, just need a bit more insight from you first. Regards.

Edit: If I am correct your error is occurring at the beginning of FR here which starts after the MC "fixes" the tripped breaker event and directly after the Pink Rose ladies show up. I loaded a few saves around that point and not finding an issue on my end. Here is the beginning of the third free roam and I've circled the 2D art info that I think is popping the bork on your end (from what I can read from the traceback):

It occurs just after
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If I click to ignore then the next scene is this:

1673202003858.png 1673201965294.png

Last edited:

Gefom

Feb 21, 2022
Hey Sancho1969 , sorry for double posting, just giving you an update that just now I see that you updated your mod some hours ago, I tested again and now the error no long exists. Thanks for your patience bro. :)

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey Sancho1969 , sorry for double posting, just giving you an update that just now I see that you updated your mod some hours ago, I tested again and now the error no long exists. Thanks for your patience bro. :)
While DL'ing another VN I needed to update I took the time to take a stab in the dark at resolution, so glad that worked out. Enjoy.

Reactions: Night Hacker

Raphael77

Aug 14, 2017
Hi there,
Reporting an error I got while picking a magazine
Appears to be a non-breaking one, since I can just "ignore" it and keep playing (reward unlocked as well)
cheers

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/freeroam/episode9/ep9_freeroam_ph2_events.rpy", line 3053, in <module>
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 5148, in OOO000OOO000OO0O0
TypeError: __call__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'new_widget'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/freeroam/episode9/ep9_freeroam_ph2_events.rpyc", line 3053, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/scripts/freeroam/episode9/ep9_freeroam_ph2_events.rpy", line 3053, in <module>
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1561, in pause
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward, pause=delay)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3674, in interact_core
    new_widget=layers_root)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.9.1
Mon Jan  9 20:00:28 2023

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi there,
Reporting an error I got while picking a magazine
Appears to be a non-breaking one, since I can just "ignore" it and keep playing (reward unlocked as well)
cheers

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/freeroam/episode9/ep9_freeroam_ph2_events.rpyc", line 3053, in script
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1561, in pause
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward, pause=delay)
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3674, in interact_core
    new_widget=layers_root)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.9.1
Mon Jan  9 20:00:28 2023
That issue has already been resolved. See post here. Simply re-DL the mod, and reinstall over current installation. Regards.

Nov 23, 2017
I'm in the Halloween party and I just talked to Rusty and saw him strike out with Misha. Only thing left to do is talk to Sage which I assume is done by going to the Main Room since that's where a cutscene starts where Jill is happy that Bella showed up, of course in this case she's not in costume as how she snuck in in other places. The cutscene plays out and goes in to Sage, Maya, Josy, and Isabella. Then it repeats back to the Jill one and is stuck in a loop of those two cutscenes.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm in the Halloween party and I just talked to Rusty and saw him strike out with Misha. Only thing left to do is talk to Sage which I assume is done by going to the Main Room since that's where a cutscene starts where Jill is happy that Bella showed up, of course in this case she's not in costume as how she snuck in in other places. The cutscene plays out and goes in to Sage, Maya, Josy, and Isabella. Then it repeats back to the Jill one and is stuck in a loop of those two cutscenes.
Here for example

SPJNBJ

Jan 15, 2023
Hello, when i press everytime 2Dart in the phone Error Exist:
Code:

Compiling ATL code at game/season2/scripts/new_phone/apps/pack_quest_app/mphone_pack_quest_img.rpy:181
  File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode8/ep8_freeroam_diks_room.rpy", line 184, in <module>
  File "renpy/common/00action_other.rpy", line 537, in __call__
    rv = self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "game/season2/scripts/new_phone/apps/art_2d/mphone_art_app.rpy", line 11, in setup_art_shop
IndexError: list assignment index out of range

Full traceback:
  File "season2/scripts/freeroam/episode8/ep8_freeroam_diks_room.rpyc", line 184, in script
  File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode8/ep8_freeroam_diks_room.rpy", line 184, in <module>
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4155, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1100, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 727, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/transform.py", line 760, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, cx, cy, st)
  File "renpy/display/viewport.py", line 299, in event
    rv = super(Viewport, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 273, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 979, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 914, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 322, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "game/season2/scripts/new_phone/apps/art_2d/mphone_art_app.rpy", line 11, in setup_art_shop
  File "renpy/python.py", line 875, in do_mutation
    return method(self, *args, **kwargs)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.8.3
Sun Jan 15 08:44:08 2023

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hello, when i press everytime 2Dart in the phone Error Exist:
Code:

Compiling ATL code at game/season2/scripts/new_phone/apps/pack_quest_app/mphone_pack_quest_img.rpy:181

Full traceback:
  File "season2/scripts/freeroam/episode8/ep8_freeroam_diks_room.rpyc", line 184, in script
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4155, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 727, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/viewport.py", line 299, in event
    rv = super(Viewport, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 273, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 979, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 914, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 322, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 875, in do_mutation
    return method(self, *args, **kwargs)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.8.3
Sun Jan 15 08:44:08 2023
I can see you're on Ep8's first free roam, so I loaded that at the very start of the free roam:
1673812679021.png
... and I have zero issue to replicate:
1673812753128.png

So, I'd need more info from you. Note that Jacob's art shop code is the developers 100% (I don't alter ANY of it).

SoulSwipre

Dec 10, 2019
Hi Sancho! Firstly, really appreciate all of your work, especially in games where there's multiple routes and endings.
So now, I'm in a bit of a pickle. I played BaDIK from the very beginning and started off using Scrappy's mod, but when I realized you have a mod for S3 I started using yours.
The game works for most parts, except for the very irritating fact that I have to play the game 5 times or more in the future to see all paths.

After alot and alot of clicking, I happened to see a SHRED of hope for a possible Isabella/Jill route. The problem is though, I don't have the import save for that particular route. Which I believe is Jill True Branch True Isabella True Branch True. My current Isabella route is Jill True Branch False Isabella True Branch True, which doesn't give me the kiss scene even if I picked the "can't pick both" option. (Or it could be I didn't "Fight for Jill" in S2 because I cheated for both Jill and Quinn scenes)
Is there any way I can access console to change this? Do you have any recommendations for me?

If there's really no hope for this current update, how possible would it be for you to add a cheat button that switch to Jill/Isabella route if it really pops up in the future? I'm weighing my options of possibly going back to S1 and 2 to replay the whole thing since I don't have any saves of that particular route.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes