DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
why was scrappy mods removed from OP?
Because DPC doesn't like him and created a lot of cheat checks to make some saves that had 2 or more branches in the same gameplay useless. And some DPC warriors were here raging at people who used his mods and were asking for help instead of reading the first page to find the fixes.
But you can still find his mods if you do a search.
Also there is the problem that a lot of people keep asking for the update version of his mod that is already updated, only because on his page says his mod is version 0.9 and the game is 0.91. People can't understand that the 0.91 was only bug fixes and that he mods works in this version as well.

Reactions: Zero919

Zero919

May 2, 2017
Because DPC doesn't like him and created a lot of cheat checks to make some saves that had 2 or more branches in the same gameplay useless. And some DPC warriors were here raging at people who used his mods and were asking for help instead of reading the first page to find the fixes.
Also there is the problem that a lot of people keep asking for the update version of his mod that is already updated, only because on his page says his mod is version 0.9 and the game is 0.91. People can't understand that the 0.91 was only bug fixes and that he mods works in this version as well.
I know all this and have already downloaded its updated version 0.9.1
I mean there is a version of Sancho1969 and people will also ask for help from Sancho1969 in the future when new versions come out, why not just leave 2 links to Sancho1969 and Scrappy...
I'm just interested in the reason for removing the Scrappy mod :unsure:

Reactions: BorgiaBou

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
Yeah but then why is the other multi mod still there in the OP but not scrappy's?

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
This error happens at the Haunted Mansion, tried new install without mod, without mod and save fix and with sancho mod.
any ideas?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/misc/flashlight.rpy", line 23, in render
TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'int'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/freeroam/episode9/ep9_freeroam_ph2_events.rpyc", line 1091, in script
  File "/Users/stephankafer/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 1658, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired=paired)
  File "/Users/stephankafer/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/exports.py", line 1657, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "/Users/stephankafer/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 2798, in do_with
    return self.interact(trans_pause=True,
  File "/Users/stephankafer/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "/Users/stephankafer/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3912, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "/Users/stephankafer/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 2602, in draw_screen
    surftree = renpy.display.render.render_screen(
  File "render.pyx", line 495, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 266, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "/Users/stephankafer/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/layout.py", line 884, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "/Users/stephankafer/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/transition.py", line 378, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "/Users/stephankafer/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/layout.py", line 884, in render
  File "/Users/stephankafer/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 704, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "game/scripts/misc/flashlight.rpy", line 23, in render
TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'int'

macOS-10.16-x86_64-i386-64bit x86_64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Being a DIK 0.9.1
Sat Dec 31 09:47:21 2022
When Bella meets sage in the side hallway it keeps repeating for modded saves bro.pleaseee help me
Help me out of the loop plz
1. Always when you have a problem caused by modded saves or mods, check the first page of the thread for the fixes. there are 2 fixes in the first page, try to see if any of them help with your situation.
2. Also it has been a week since the game release, it means a lot of people may have run into the same situation you are in righ now.
Use the "Search" in the top right corner of this thread to search your issue. You gonna get a lot of results of people who already typed the same problem as you and others who already offered the help to fix the situation.

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
I know all this and have already downloaded its updated version 0.9.1
I mean there is a version of Sancho1969 and people will also ask for help from Sancho1969 in the future when new versions come out, why not just leave 2 links to Sancho1969 and Scrappy...
I'm just interested in the reason for removing the Scrappy mod :unsure:
Yeah. The difference between Sancho mod and Scrappy mod is that Scrappy's previous mods would allow people to do more than 1 branch in 1 only gameplay (DPC wants the people to play each path, each branch, he didn't like that feature of his mod). Like Bella and Sage. Or Jill And others. Stuff like that. Many people ended up running in loops because DPC has created a lot of anticheat checks to stop these people. With that, everyone said that it only happened with Scrappy mods. Because of it his mod got removed from the first page.

Also, every mod has their own threads. People instead of going look for help on their threads they flood this chat with the same question over and over instead of looking the first page for help. They want the easy route to fix their problems.

If people keep asking for help over and over for this sancho mod and start to irritate the old members of this thread, they will remove that too soon enough.

Raphael77

Aug 14, 2017
I've read somewhere, that F95 rules "only" allows the sharing of 1 walkthrough/multi-mod in the OP (was scrappy's only, now is sancho's only)

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
I've read somewhere, that F95 rules "only" allows the sharing of 1 walkthrough/multi-mod in the OP (was scrappy's only, now is sancho's only)
Given that on some games I've seen three wt/multi-mods in the op that doesn't seem likely.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
it's not like it's isolated in the corner of the room, it's inside a lamp (I think) a place where a power cable comes in anyway, connecting the camera to that power cable is not a complicated operation (by normal standards, at BR I don't know)

the flashing light could also be the normal stand by warning (if it was basically a security camera it would be believable, i don't think Vinnie has cia supplies) or a malfunction

but does it matter why it flashes?
The camera has view from the left corner in the back of Derek's room, you can see from the angle on the photo with Jacob and Arieth (and possibly Derek).
And no need for CIA supplies, for just over 50 euro you can buy such a device... It's just a regular smoke detector including a 4k camera and wifi connection... Looks like one, works like one, but it has camera/wifi and movement detection too....
There's battery powered ones and powernet so connecting them is no problem indeed.
If batteries low usually appliances like these start beeping at a certain interval, so flashing could mean it's for another problem, possibly wifi connection lost....

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
it worked thank you, and even if i actually looked the OP, it wont fix because i didnt have the information that DPC break old mod saves on purpose and that i need a fix at first, how would i find my awser if i dont know the question :WeSmart:
If you are using mods, you should know that it may break the game. After all, you have this information in any thread that has a mod available. And if you decided to use one, you are using at your own risk. How you "don't know the question?"

Use of the Walkthrough Mod might cause save problems, use it at your own risk!
* This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.
Trying to be a smartass with someone who just helped you, or dumb on purpose. The least you could do when "looking at OP" and reading there "DETECTED MOD FIXES" OR "FIXES FOR MODDED SAVES" is click the link to see what is it about, and then you would know it fixes your problem.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
The camera has view from the left corner in the back of Derek's room, you can see from the angle on the photo with Jacob and Arieth (and possibly Derek).
And no need for CIA supplies, for just over 50 euro you can buy such a device... It's just a regular smoke detector including a 4k camera and wifi connection... Looks like one, works like one, but it has camera/wifi and movement detection too....
There's battery powered ones and powernet so connecting them is no problem indeed.
If batteries low usually appliances like these start beeping at a certain interval, so flashing could mean it's for another problem, possibly wifi connection lost....
Public camera tech caught up to the spy world years ago. You can buy the same shit the CIA uses anyways.

Reactions: vogelbeest

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
The camera looks like a basic security camera you see on public transport etc rather than anything high-tech. That could just be because it's the only asset DPC could find on DAZ for it or the fact it's so basic and isn't designed to be hidden could be why the red light flashed after the malfunction, suggesting whoever installed it is not very good with technology.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Robin_Scales

Feb 21, 2018
If I got it correctly, the variables that decide that are the following:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And if I got it right, those would be the following scenes for Maya:
  • Maya lewd scene during the dorm party in episode 8.
  • Going with Maya when you can choose who to follow in episode 5 during the prep party.
  • Going with Maya when you can choose who to visit in episode 7.
  • Lewd scene with Maya in episode 3.
  • The scene behind the green screen with Maya in episode 9.

And for Josy:
  • Josy lewd scene at the gym at the start of episode 8.
  • Going with Josy when you can choose who to follow in episode 5 during the prep party.
  • Going with Josy when you can choose who to visit in episode 7.
  • Lewd scece with Josy after Maya's dad visit during episode 7.
  • Lewd scene with Josy after the HOTs party in episode 7.

In order to get the best possible result, +3 RP for each girl, you need to have the same score for each other, or have Maya be one point over Josy (at least, that's why I interpret from the code):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The easiest way to do it is just to get all the solo scenes, and when it comes to choose which girl to follow or visit in episodes 5 and 7, just choose a different one each time, and that should do the trick.

Once again, that's what I think is correct, if it's not, I would appreciate to be corrected since I haven't checked this in-game yet XD
Damn, thanks for the detailed rundown! If this is the code, then there are a few things that seem strange to me.
First is the fact that Josy's part 2 scene isn't included in the calculation.
And the second is the mysterious Josy scene in part 7 that doesn't exist in neither the official walkthrough, nor the scenes list in the game itself. Does she and MC bang it out off-screen if you leave the HOT party with her, or what?

Klepon

Jan 16, 2021
Seems before Derek claimed it as his room, it was the room where the action took place during parties...
One of the blackmail photo's with Jacob and Arieth (possibly Derek too) was taken there.
And there is also a chance that the device may have a sex tape of Mc fucking Sarah on the second night of the party.
If you take Quinn's 'restaurant' number.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
the mysterious Josy scene in part 7 that doesn't exist in neither the official walkthrough, nor the scenes list in the game itself. Does she and MC bang it out off-screen if you leave the HOT party with her, or what?
One in your room when Maya's dad comes and the other one in the HOT pool a couple days before the party
jj.png

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes