Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Funnily enough, Sage was my 1st LI to pursue at the beginning of the game. And now after 9 episodes she is my least favorite LI. Her route feels so... tasteless. Not sure how to explain it but when you watch any other LI's route you can notice a certain development, how MC and LI are getting closer. MC and Sage though? Started as fuck buddies and pretty much stayed as them. To think that even Quinn's route feels more romantic than Sage's :FacePalm:
Strongly disagree. Their relationship developed throughout the two seasons - they started with a mutually beneficial agreement, became friends with privileges and starting with Ep. 6-7 you can see how it develops into something more. These are gradually developing feelings. Sage really opened up to me in Season 2 when we get to know her better. Of course, not everything is perfect - I would make Sage unavailable to Chick players, leaving only Dik and Neutrals access.
Besides, her path is definitely not boring - it will be filled with drama due to the restaurant, her father's dark affairs and marital problems between Jade / Stefan. And here a lot depends on the decisions of the player.
But to each his own, if you don't like it, that's your business.

I have a similar situation with Josy/Maya. In the first season, I was focused on them and for a long time I could not understand why the path was closed in Ep.4 (the solution was simple). But time passed and I gradually cooled down to this path. I still really like Josy, she's a second in my MGs list, but Maya's storyline keeps her locked in and dragged her down. That student loan line and her dad, I'm just tired of it.
It's the same with Jill, since the second season, this character has been going through a complete cringe.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Strongly disagree. Their relationship developed throughout the two seasons - they started with a mutually beneficial agreement, became friends with privileges and starting with Ep. 6-7 you can see how it develops into something more. These are gradually developing feelings. Sage really opened up to me in Season 2 when we get to know her better. Of course, not everything is perfect - I would make Sage unavailable to Chick players, leaving only Dik and Neutrals access.
Besides, her path is definitely not boring - it will be filled with drama due to the restaurant, her father's dark affairs and marital problems between Jade / Stefan. And here a lot depends on the decisions of the player.
But to each his own, if you don't like it, that's your business.

I have a similar situation with Josy/Maya. In the first season, I was focused on them and for a long time I could not understand why the path was closed in Ep.4 (the solution was simple). But time passed and I gradually cooled down to this path. I still really like Josy, she's a second in my MGs list, but Maya's storyline keeps her locked in and dragged her down. That student loan line and her dad, I'm just tired of it.
It's the same with Jill, since the second season, this character has been going through a complete cringe.
Funnily enough, Sage was my 1st LI to pursue at the beginning of the game. And now after 9 episodes she is my least favorite LI. Her route feels so... tasteless. Not sure how to explain it but when you watch any other LI's route you can notice a certain development, how MC and LI are getting closer. MC and Sage though? Started as fuck buddies and pretty much stayed as them. To think that even Quinn's route feels more romantic than Sage's :FacePalm:
Sage's path is a rollercoaster, a bit messy, but it's hard to call it boring

but to say that in fact MC and Sage are 'still' fuckbuddies is not so wrong, the whole rebound guy thing went nowhere, the relationship didn't take that step that could have been expected and went backwards a bit.

but in such a long game some lulls are normal, the trouple was on hiatus for practically the whole second season...

toobextra

Jun 1, 2021
Alright here we go,

Comparing EP4 & EP8
I'd say that's plenty progression for more than a fuckbuddy.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Here we have EP5, some bold flirting...
I consider this a romantic moment and this was even before Fuckface bitched about wanting more.

In EP8 this moment speaks for itself and that leaf well that shit holds more sentimental value than a fucking polaroid I'll tell you that much.

Let's look at EP9 even though it's a party STILL lets search for some romantic shit okay,
Hmm... these don't fall into romantic category I don't think, but cute definitely or maybe that's just me

And you gotta love them EGO boosts.

Let's not forget the text messages.

I'd say for a couple who haven't even gone to their first date yet these are plenty romantic. (pretty sure I missed to mention some)
Not to mention the Honeymoon Phase they'll get when they're officially "Boyfriend" & "Girlfriend"

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018

but to say that in fact MC and Sage are 'still' fuckbuddies is not so wrong, the whole rebound guy thing went nowhere, the relationship didn't take that step that could have been expected and went backwards a bit.

but in such a long game some lulls are normal, the trouple was on hiatus for practically the whole second season...
MC hanged a leaf on his wall and posts pictures of it, its clear his feelings have changed, will see about Sage :cautious:

lobotomist

Sep 4, 2017
Not at all, Josy does have struggles and a goals to accomplish like her relationship with MC with or without Maya, Josy is a very strong character but if there is anything that holds Josy back is her willingness to put what she wants on the back- burner but that is part of her story and is likely something we will she Josy grow out of slowly has season 3 goes on.
So i said that her weakness is that her character is only about relationships. and what you respond is about more co-dependency on someone else. The fact that every example you come up with is more of that is the evidence that she lacks a character arc. She starts very strong as a character because she had the goal/struggle of being in the waiting list for entering college and the past failed relationship which made her analog to tremolo therefore relatable, but all of that gets solved early on so now she has no character arc, that's the reason you can't come up with an answer that is only about her.
Soanswer me this, wouldn't you prefer if there was a character arc from her that you have to help her and has nothing to do with her relations with other characters?
And before you answer. Take a second to think: "Am I once again answering to 'her only traits are relations' with 'she also has relations'"

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
MC hanged a leaf on his wall and posts pictures of it, its clear his feelings have changed, will see about Sage :cautious:
Mchick :BootyTime: is clearly completely in love (but with all of them to tell the truth)

already in the third chapter Sage cared about MC, that's nothing new, it's not like he was ever just a dildo with arms for her
there's an evolution in the relationship, but I don't see any jumps, and the sexual side remains the predominant one

• Haha
Reactions: NebulousShooter

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
I think Sage was pretty much content with the FWB thing. Though by the time of the Chicks party I believe she started to fancy the MC. However still content with the FWB thing. Then come the revelation at the end of Chapter 8 that was the turning point. Taking that step to be an item.

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Alright here we go,

Comparing EP4 & EP8

I consider this a romantic moment and this was even before Fuckface bitched about wanting more.

In EP8 this moment speaks for itself and that leaf well that shit holds more sentimental value than a fucking polaroid I'll tell you that much.

Let's look at EP9 even though it's a party STILL lets search for some romantic shit okay,
Hmm... these don't fall into romantic category I don't think, but cute definitely or maybe that's just me

I'd say for a couple who haven't even gone to their first date yet these are plenty romantic. (pretty sure I missed to mention some)
Not to mention the Honeymoon Phase they'll get when they're officially "Boyfriend" & "Girlfriend"
Nice compilation of sweet moments with Sage, my buddy.

And on top of all that, I would add that it is good that our progression with each girl in the game feels unique. If they all were similar, the experience would be less rewarding.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I think Sage was pretty much content with the FWB thing. Though by the time of the Chicks party I believe she started to fancy the MC. However still content with the FWB thing. Then come the revelation at the end of Chapter 8 that was the turning point. Taking that step to be an item.
For me, the rebound guy is a misdirection, which the characters themselves have completely forgotten.

personally, the real turning point was the hang out with sick Sage, where she wants to open up with MC but she can't. and in fact she hasn't succeeded yet, because, ok, she tells him about her adoptive family, but they're on the verge of meeting, so more out of necessity than by choice, without even telling him who they are (but that's DPC's fault).

but then it's enough that an uncomfortable topic like Sage's birth family is touched upon and we're back to anger management issues. so there's been no real opening yet

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
So i said that her weakness is that her character is only about relationships. and what you respond is about more co-dependency on someone else. The fact that every example you come up with is more of that is the evidence that she lacks a character arc. She starts very strong as a character because she had the goal/struggle of being in the waiting list for entering college and the past failed relationship which made her analog to tremolo therefore relatable, but all of that gets solved early on so now she has no character arc, that's the reason you can't come up with an answer that is only about her.
Soanswer me this, wouldn't you prefer if there was a character arc from her that you have to help her and has nothing to do with her relations with other characters?
And before you answer. Take a second to think: "Am I once again answering to 'her only traits are relations' with 'she also has relations'"
First don't tell me how to answer:ROFLMAO: ep 8 MC helps Josy say no to Becky yeah that is a little thing but is something that can be build on. Josy kicks the shit out of Tommy, out smarts Quinn twice which is more then any other character. You say my examples only shows Josy lack of a character arc but in every example I give it is Josy taking the lead so really you just don't like the arc. So what do we know about Josy, is independent, resourceful, good at sex, a bad ass, smart, good with money, hates tommy doesn't like her mom and a daddy's girl. out going, daring and can add dik leaning . Season one is about Mc being in love with Josy season two is fallout from Josy relationship with Maya does mc want in or not. Does Josy have a arc like Sage or Quinn no but don't tell me she doesn't have one because it isn't true.

Last edited:

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
For me, the rebound guy is a misdirection, which the characters themselves have completely forgotten.

personally, the real turning point was the hang out with sick Sage, where she wants to open up with MC but she can't. and in fact she hasn't succeeded yet, because, ok, she tells him about her adoptive family, but they're on the verge of meeting, so more out of necessity than by choice, without even telling him who they are (but that's DPC's fault).

but then it's enough that an uncomfortable topic like Sage's birth family is touched upon and we're back to anger management issues. so there's been no real opening yet
I don't know dude. All original main LIs of the game are rather lame to me. Sage is a boring person rather self focused. Maya and Josy... don't even get me started. Bella is cool, but when i was 19 the last thing i would have wanted would have been to date a 30-something woman. Really? I don't need a vice-mommy. Jill... she's not bad overall, she's just as boring as hanging around with a corpse and she share the same problem of Sage: she's about to graduate and go on with her life, so she (and Sage) are just good for fuck material.

Narratively speaking, MC was supposed to be the fish out of water dropped in unknown territory and everyone was supposed to know the stuff he didn't, so it makes sense that he met older girls that were not fresh(wo)men. Yet, they don't really work as main LIs in the contest.

Now, not many of us here are super young and a 21-22 woman to us is just juicy as well as a 35 or even a 45 for a big chunk of us, but immersion is to be in the shoes of the MC and at 19 i sure wasn't chaising after grown ups.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Alright here we go,

Comparing EP4 & EP8

Buddy, these hints just perfectly show the development of relationships, just to the point. Especially the difference is where Sage jokingly throws MC off the bed, and in Ep.8 cuddles with him and kisses him on the forehead. I'm a bad romantic, but this is a beautiful moment, one of the best in the game, without the lewd showing emotional intimacy. Cheers!:coffee:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

I can only agree with you about the rebound guy, it was a bit weird. I chalk it up to how DPC loves drama or the fact that MC is a snowflake.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023

Ohright, forgot about the Sick Sage bit. Yes, that makes sense!

4.80 star(s) 1,525 Votes