Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
The problem here is that MC is overly good to them even after friendzoning them. After kicking them to the curb, he's giving them the wrong impression and signal that he still cares, thus confusing them.

As I told someone before, there is no such thing as regarding a female as "friend" for a male, especially attractive ones. For a male to befriend a female, the female has to attract the male first for him to even consider it.

I am not sure about the culture in this game, but the relationship development from first met -> attracted -> sex -> break up -> get back together -> make up sex -> threesome in 2 weeks in warp speed in my books.
This "problem", I feel, is directly related to the way the game plays out and the overall arc of the story which in itself could be seen as a problem.

The issue is that there are all these choices where players can avoid interactions with pretty much every LI, and the assumption for some is that this means they can avoid these LIs in the future and/or that there are no feelings between them, but then the story shoehorns in feelings because, for reasons known only to DPC, it's important for the story. Well, if it was so important that these characters feel something for each other, then the build-up events shouldn't have been so easily avoidable.

Take Josy, for example; the player can say and do all the wrongs things that either give no points or negative points for her and can choose to leave after the date, but she'll still express deep feelings for the MC in ep 5 even though he's not been very good to her. Now, sometimes, in the real world, you can have an attraction to a person you know little to nothing about and who you haven't really spent any time with, so that could be what's happening here, but I would say that most people approach these games from the perspective of "more interactions = more feelings", and that not interacting with a LI should mean there are no feelings. For her to feel so strongly about him, she and the MC should have at least had some good interactions, but even on a totally anti-Josy path, she still likes him a lot which is strange.

This then makes the choices feel somewhat false because, even though it does lead to not being in intimate relationships with certain LIs, it doesn't impact the feelings the LIs have for the MC and vice-versa. It therefore causes confusion in players who have completely avoided certain LIs to have them suddenly express feelings and makes the game feel less like one where choices matter and more like a linear game with false choices because the characters are so important to the plot that they have to stay active and relevant in the MC's life even if players don't want them there.

Last edited:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
but that Josy is punished for bringing a boy to the parents' room is credible, that she is punished for having dined with someone less ...

how does it make an important choice if it doesn't make any difference afterwards?

it's not that if you don't have sex with Josy, Maya will give you credit later ....
I disagree. Not having sex with Josy is a difference in and of itself. Moreover, it's one of two decisions that determine whether it's possible to try for something more with M&J, and that choice continues to have impact going forward. (It's even possible that having had sex with only one of the two girls will have some further impact down the line.)

So yes, Josy's parents will punish her either way, but that certainly doesn't mean the choice to sleep with her makes no difference in other ways.

Reactions: JohnDelfino

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I just don't see Maya agreeing to have sex outdoors and the threesome I suppose they will fake it with a dildo but I don't see Quinn being dumb enough to fall for it especially since she doesn't like Maya.
I think she'll be up for a real threesome, especially if you had sex with her in ep 5. She seems to feel a bit guilty the next day because of Josy walking in afterwards and seeing them, and Josy did seem to feel left out, so maybe to make up for it and as part of this whole "seeing where things go" agreement they've got, a real threesome could be proposed.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
I think she'll be up for a real threesome, especially if you had sex with her in ep 5. She seems to feel a bit guilty the next day because of Josy walking in afterwards and seeing them, and Josy did seem to feel left out, so maybe to make up for it and as part of this whole "seeing where things go" agreement they've got, a real threesome could be proposed.
I could see that for sure if you are on the Maya/Josy path I'm just not sure what would happen if you friend zone them it would be pretty cruel if they reject you and then approach you to have a threesome with them for their scavenger hunt tasks.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
The thing here is that this is a game that presents you with a myriad of possible love interests. So you can reasonable think this is a dating sim in which you can reject the girls you don't want without significant consequences. But then we have the main story that actually closes that option and forces you to keep up with some girls in certain situations that you, as a player, might not be comfortable with, even if all your actions are screaming exactly the opposite. And that's hard to deal with in terms of immersion for some players. In my case,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit.- Exactly THIS
This "problem", I feel, is directly related to the way the game plays out and the overall arc of the story which in itself could be seen as a problem.

The issue is that there are all these choices where players can avoid interactions with pretty much every LI, and the assumption for some is that this means they can avoid these LIs in the future and/or that there are no feelings between them, but then the story shoehorns in feelings because, for reasons known only to DPC, it's important for the story. Well, if it was so important that these characters feel something for each other, then the build-up events shouldn't have been so easily avoidable.

Take Josy, for example; the player can say and do all the wrongs things that either give no points or negative points for her and can choose to leave after the date, but she'll still express deep feelings for the MC in ep 5 even though he's not been very good to her. Now, sometimes, in the real world, you can have an attraction to a person you know little to nothing about and who you haven't really spent any time with, so that could be what's happening here, but I would say that most people approach these games from the perspective of "more interactions = more feelings", and that not interacting with a LI should mean there are no feelings. For her to feel so strongly about him, she and the MC should have at least had some good interactions, but even on a totally anti-Josy path, she still likes him a lot which is strange.

This then makes the choices feel somewhat false because, even though it does lead to not being in intimate relationships with certain LIs, it doesn't impact the feelings the LIs have for the MC and vice-versa. It therefore causes confusion in players who have completely avoided certain LIs to have them suddenly express feelings and makes the game feel like less like one where choices matter and more like a linear game with false choices because the characters are so important to the plot that they have to stay active and relevant in the MC's life even if players don't want them there.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

This then makes the choices feel somewhat false because, even though it does lead to not being in intimate relationships with certain LIs, it doesn't impact the feelings the LIs have for the MC and vice-versa. It therefore causes confusion in players who have completely avoided certain LIs to have them suddenly express feelings and makes the game feel like less like one where choices matter and more like a linear game with false choices because the characters are so important to the plot that they have to stay active and relevant in the MC's life even if players don't want them there.
it is the story that continues to suggest that you have to let it go some girl.

for example when Josy gets hurt when he finds out about Jill's date, or when she finds out that MC had sex with Maya, the complicated relationship between Bella and Jill, Bella who doesn't respect Jade ...

you are constantly given warning signs, which push you to try something, but it is useless

I repeat: it's not a problem, the game remains very nice, it's just an observation: you can't play it as if it were a roleplay

Last edited:
Reactions: Garrett Hawke

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I disagree. Not having sex with Josy is a difference in and of itself. Moreover, it's one of two decisions that determine whether it's possible to try for something more with M&J, and that choice continues to have impact going forward. (It's even possible that having had sex with only one of the two girls will have some further impact down the line.)

So yes, Josy's parents will punish her either way, but that certainly doesn't mean the choice to sleep with her makes no difference in other ways.
I do not understand...

if MC dumps Josy on their date, but then he still has to justify himself in front of both of them in the DYKs library, what's the point?

that he is not involved in the threesome is logical, but also that he can propose it to the girls is absurd.

the difficult and CHICK decision to give up Josy does not bring you any benefit with Maya, indeed theoretically having sex with Josy improves your relationship with Maya ...

what this will entail in the future, nobody knows, but right now this is the situation

the only girl that you can dump is Sage, who of all is the one who would have the least problems carrying on a clandestine relationship

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I repeat: it's not a problem, the game remains very nice, it's just an observation: you can't play it as if it were a roleplay
But that's the problem. The game sometimes feels like it is a roleplay, or dating sim as moskyx said, in the way that the MC and LIs interact with each other. You're presented with multiple girls, multiple choices, and the possibility of not being in intimate relationships with them, yet even if you avoid one or some of them as much as possible, the story seems to be pushing feelings and a possible relationship on to the player because the story demands it.

Other games do the "dating sim" thing well like Sisterly Lust and DMD, where the MC can reject LIs and side girls and they are completely rejected because they then don't play a major role in the story and any further interactions with them have no impact on the overall story. There are also games that do the "story relationships" well, as in you can choose to do things with certain LIs and develop relationships with them and the ones you don't remain in the story but it's clear there's nothing there, like in Depraved Awakening and The Visit.

BaDIK seems to straddle the line between both of these types of games and it's because of that that it leads to problems like with the M&J relationship and with the relationship with Bella if you're not on those paths. It's a flaw in the design and could get worse if people who are not on these paths are still put in situations with them when they don't want to be.

Reactions: flippityflop

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
But that's the problem. The game sometimes feels like it is a roleplay, or dating sim as moskyx said, in the way that the MC and LIs interact with each other. You're presented with multiple girls, multiple choices, and the possibility of not being in intimate relationships with them, yet even if you avoid one or some of them as much as possible, the story seems to be pushing feelings and a possible relationship on to the player because the story demands it.

Other games do the "dating sim" thing well like Sisterly Lust and DMD, where the MC can reject LIs and side girls and they are completely rejected because they then don't play a major role in the story and any further interactions with them have no impact on the overall story. There are also games that do the "story relationships" well, as in you can choose to do things with certain LIs and develop relationships with them and the ones you don't remain in the story but it's clear there's nothing there, like in Depraved Awakening and The Visit.

BaDIK seems to straddle the line between both of these types of games and it's because of that that it leads to problems like with the M&J relationship and with the relationship with Bella if you're not on those paths. It's a flaw in the design and could get worse if people who are not on these paths are still put in situations with them when they don't want to be.
what is it DMD?

sisterly lust, in my opinion, does a different thing, it builds a series of paths and you can follow one or more of one, or even all of them.
but no path has real effects on others (only at the end for the showdown)

in this game, however, we have the impression that our choices with some LI could have an effect on our relationship with the other LIs, and in the end it will probably be like this

Being a DYK must be accepted for what it is, there is a strong story that must be followed, otherwise the story will follow you :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Real Kreten

Dec 20, 2019
it is the story that continues to suggest that you have to let it go some girl.

for example when Josy gets hurt when he finds out about Jill's date, or when she finds out that MC had sex with Maya, the complicated relationship between Bella and Jill, Bella who doesn't respect Jade ...

you are constantly given warning signs, which push you to try something, but it is useless

This reminds me of Leah showing Megan the photos of MC's "adventures". Josy might be going down that same path where she might reject MC at the end.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
This reminds me of Leah showing Megan the photos of MC's "adventures". Josy might be going down that same path where she might reject MC at the end.
because of your terrorism I haven't played AL yet ...

but if I understand what you mean, I also fear that at some point some seemingly unimportant choices, or even beyond our control, will be decisive for the relationship with some LIs.

Jill will drop us because we leave the library in wrinkled clothes

Sage will return with Chad because we skipped a guitar lesson

etc

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Youven

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I really don't think DPC will do that kind of thing again because they'd just be repeating themselves. AL already did the whole "MC gets dumped by LI for being an unfaithful horndog" thing that DPC surely has to resolve these relationships in a different way, probably by keeping them casual for as long as possible and then having the MC decide who he wants to be with the most, and afterwards there won't be opportunities to cheat.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes