A.aron

Sep 2, 2020
unfortunately my english remains very scholastic.
what is not clear?

I think Tybalt's blackmail is absolutely a minor twist, because I don't see what permanent consequences it could have. it's not credible that Jill actually becomes his girlfriend or mistress. it only has the function of being a test that Mc will have to pass to be with Jill, a narrative excuse to slow down the relationship between Jill and MC
I thought u were saying that she wouldn't go beyond a kiss with the MC until this blackmailing thing ends. But that part was for Tybalt, right?

Reactions: felicemastronzo

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
this choice between Sage and Jill, however, seems very similar to that of the famous fire, without having the same drama ...

we are forced to choose, where in reality a phone call to one of the two would be enough to solve the problem

plus it's a choice between two very different characters with quite separate storylines (if the same choice was between Bella and Jill, or Sage and Quinn, or Maya and Josy it would make much more sense)
I don't think it's so definitive yet. I don't think this one decision will undermine the continuous advances of the previous scenes and episodes towards either character. When you chose to go home to watch movies with Maya rather than stay and dance/makeout with Sage, all it did was change a few lines in the dialogue and not advance your score and give you alternative scenes to watch. At that point it didn't block any future options. I think we're overacting at this point. My understanding is there's a long way to go yet. It did feel like a heavy decision though, mainly because I personally wanted to do both in that one play through, not because I was afraid of the repercussions.

Reactions: BenMeiffert

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I thought u were saying that she wouldn't go beyond a kiss with the MC until this blackmailing thing ends. But that part was for Tybalt, right?
yes, I was talking about Tybalt

Jill is a LI, and until proven otherwise she should have sex with her sooner or later:(

Reactions: A.aron

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
this choice between Sage and Jill, however, seems very similar to that of the famous fire, without having the same drama ...

we are forced to choose, where in reality a phone call to one of the two would be enough to solve the problem

plus it's a choice between two very different characters with quite separate storylines (if the same choice was between Bella and Jill, or Sage and Quinn, or Maya and Josy it would make much more sense)
Let's be honest here, if this story operated more on things that make sense and are closer to reality, particularly with regards to choices affecting relationships and lewd scenes, then it would probably be a lot better. There are many moments like this for me, and one such example is the decision in Ep 2 to go back to Maya or stay at the party.

By choosing to go back to Maya you don't dance with Sage which, I guess, means he sneaked past her on his way out in order to avoid her, but what's to say he couldn't also dance with Sage before going back to Maya? It's not like he's on a time limit and his chance to dance with Maya will be gone if he doesn't get back by a certain time; is he Cinderella? :ROFLMAO:

Let's say that he's called over for that shot battle at around 10, it probably wouldn't take him long to get to the DIK mansion, 10-15 mins maximum, then the 3 shot battle probably takes about 5 minutes. He says he'll head back to Maya but on his way out he's grabbed by Sage who pulls him onto the dance floor and this, plus them making out, probably takes up about 5-10 minutes, which means he could be back at the dorm well before 11 and Maya would surely still be up. Hell, the MC could also fuck Sarah and have plenty of time to get back to Maya, dance with her, then finger her.

However, game logic dictates we must choose even though, realistically, all these things could be done and you could simply leave it up to a different sort of player choice. Instead of automatically not dancing with Sage, the MC could be on their way out when Sage grabs them and then it's up to the player to choose to do so or not, then they encounter Sarah, or Melanie, or Riona, and once again get to choose between having sex with Sarah or not. It's a much cleaner system, in my mind, and one where you're not scratching your head so much wondering why certain things don't make sense whether you did or didn't do them.

Last edited:

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
yes, I was talking about Tybalt

Jill is a LI, and until proven otherwise she should have sex with her sooner or later:(
In the third date, as she says on the first date, the third date is when you are supposed to have sex, in Jill's words.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't think it's so definitive yet. I don't think this one decision will undermine the continuous advances of the previous scenes and episodes towards either character. When you chose to go home to watch movies with Maya rather than stay and dance/makeout with Sage, all it did was change a few lines in the dialogue and not advance your score and give you alternative scenes to watch. At that point it didn't block any future options. I think we're overacting at this point. My understanding is there's a long way to go yet. It did feel like a heavy decision though, mainly because I personally wanted to do both in that one play through, not because I was afraid of the repercussions.
the other choices you were talking about, however, already seem definitive, so the impression is that this is too

if it is decisive for Sage whether or not we want to teach her to play the guitar, it will also be whether we go to console her or not

resgar

Mar 15, 2020
At this moment i wish more scenes with Sally and KRJ, even not lewd will be fine. Im tired from horny bubbleboobs everywhere. Lily picking Quinn was cool too.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
She also says that's society's perceptions and 'general dating rules'....which she struggles with. If going to quote something...quote all of it.
Just because he says that she doesn't like the rules doesn't mean that she doesn't like to do them, in fact she says, well the rule of kissing on the first date we've already did it and she's happy. Then MC tells her: we'll go little by little, we'll see what happens

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
the other choices you were talking about, however, already seem definitive, so the impression is that this is too

if it is decisive for Sage whether or not we want to teach her to play the guitar, it will also be whether we go to console her or not
Telling Sage you didn't want to teach her guitar was definitely a rejection, telling Jill you already promised a sick friend that you'd look after them, not so much. The worst thing is we're going to have to wait another 6 months or so to find out.

EDIT: Didn't read that properly - yeah blowing Sage off when she's sick might be a little more dangerous.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Let's be honest here, if this story operated more on things that make sense and are closer to reality, particularly with regards to choices affecting relationships and lewd scenes, then it would probably be a lot better. There are many moments like this for me, and one such example is the decision in Ep 2 to go back to Maya or stay at the party.

By choosing to go back to Maya you don't dance with Sage which, I guess, means he sneaked past her on his way out in order to avoid her, but what's to say he couldn't also dance with Sage before going back to Maya? It's not like he's on a time limit and his chance to dance with Maya will be gone if he doesn't get back by a certain time; is he Cinderella? :ROFLMAO:

Let's say that he's called over for that shot battle at around 10, it probably wouldn't take him long to get to the DIK mansion, 10-15 mins maximum, then the 3 shot battle probably takes about 5 minutes. He says he'll head back to Maya but on his way out he's grabbed by Sage who pulls him onto the dance floor and this, plus them making out, probably takes up about 5-10 minutes, which means he could be back at the dorm well before 11 and Maya would surely still be up. Hell, the MC could also fuck Sarah and have plenty of time to get back to Maya, dance with her, then finger her.

However, game logic dictates we must choose even though, realistically all these things could be done and you could simply leave it up to a different sort of player choice. Instead of automatically not dancing with Sage, the MC could be on their way out when Sage grabs them and then it's up to the player to choose to do so or not, then they encounter Sarah, or Melanie, or Riona, and once again get to choose between having sex with Sarah or not. It's a much cleaner system, in my mind, and one where you're not scratching your head so much wondering why certain things don't make sense whether you did or didn't do them.
I agree with you, but they are two different mechanisms, one thing is the choices between which relations with the LI to carry on and another those that allow certain scenes or not.

the first mechanism is central to the narrative of the game, and we have to accept that it is much more simplified and superficial, in real life the lie wins very often.

while the one with the sex scenes is simply the lure for us to play and replay and get lost in the labyrinth of possibilities.

on the first part there should be more consistency than on the second, which in the end is just fun, like collecting renders

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Telling Sage you didn't want to teach her guitar was definitely a rejection, telling Jill you already promised a sick friend that you'd look after them, not so much. The worst thing is we're going to have to wait another 6 months or so to find out.

EDIT: Didn't read that properly - yeah blowing Sage off when she's sick might be a little more dangerous.
but the choice on the guitar course was more "honest"

if you are interested in Sage you have no reason to refuse, this one instead has an immediate price, so I find it similar to the famous fire

Reactions: Yuno Gasai

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
As a deviation to the current course of philosophy, did Cathy turn it up a notch with those jeans or what!

ep6_strut14.jpg ep6_strut15.jpg

When she asked in the car if she should dress to accentuate her ass or her tits, mc stayed true to his name and went down the assman route. I thought it had influenced her new attire. Replayed and chose tits, didn't changed this scene - opportunity missed there I believe...

Reactions: chociar666

DavDR

Engaged Member
Oct 14, 2020
If she does then it's another black mark on DPC's writing because they'd be going against their own established characterisation in order to force drama.

The MC tells her he's going to see a sick friend, this kind of thing should affirm in her mind that he's a nice guy and Tybalt is wrong about him as this is the kind of caring and compassion she should like in someone. It shouldn't make her think that him refusing her means it's not meant to be and that she should stop seeing him and not even tell him why.
This is one of my major problems with this episode.

A player on the Jill path would be inclined to keep his commitment to Sage, as we've come to expect that Jill will react favorably to such a choice.

It's the same as an additional scene in the cafeteria with Sage if you have CHIK affinity. No one who's been on the Sage path would ever suspect that you needed CHIK for Sage.

These choices just seem like unnecessary pitfalls that DPC threw in to trip up the player.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

A player on the Jill path would be inclined to keep his commitment to Sage, as we've come to expect that Jill will react favorably to such a choice.

It's the same as an additional scene in the cafeteria with Sage if you have CHIK affinity. No one who's been on the Sage path would ever suspect that you needed CHIK for Sage.

These choices just seem like unnecessary pitfalls that DPC threw in to trip up the player.
It's just another curveball of life.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

TrainHardnett

Jun 15, 2017

Or you know just be Neutral affinity, dunno why so many people don't even register it as a thing that exists and you can be on for scenes to play.

Giaochino

Mar 5, 2019
Jill feels rejected, sees how a person who begins to feel something strong prefers to go with another. She sees that as a sign of lack of interest and therefore no longer has to go through the difficult situation of talking to him about blackmail and keeping it to herself, protecting her friend and also herself from that bad moment that we remember She did not want to go through . When you go to the date with her is when you realize how bad it is to tell you about the blackmail, she does not want to go through that, she does not want to stop seeing you but she has no choice. That is why it is so interesting to see the two options.
I disliked this part. In my opinion DPC failed Jill persona with this scene.
With this forced choice Jill came out as a spoiled person, not the caring, understanding and tolerant she was in the previous episodes.
You can't show up to a friend (more of a friend at this point) who's busting his ass fixing is new "house" with no warning or previous arrangement and expect him to drop everything for a picnic date. She didn't even asked MC if he was free through a message nor tried to reschedule for later or other day.

I do understand the need for this choice though. Jill and Sage had no common ground on campus, they never interact with each other so it came down to a single choice. But I would have liked it to be later in the game and more "organic" when MC is either chick or dick without a two way choice. if MC is "chick" Jill shows up, if "dick" MC go to Sage.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes