AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
We see Mona leaving as he arrives which means she's had time to leave the HOT party (probably after being told by Quinn that she's out), go back to her dorm, and pack her belongings
You know this image always caught my attention because I saw Mona in that bed and I don't know why she would be there but now with what happened in the last chapter and what I mentioned, it would not be strange if Mona did not actually leave B&R and she will stay with Maya
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: 2001sge and Ghostly

ChipLecsap

Forum Fanatic
Aug 4, 2019
You know this image always caught my attention because I saw Mona in that bed and I don't know why she would be there but now with what happened in the last chapter and what I mentioned, it would not be strange if Mona did not actually leave B&R and she will stay with Maya
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: öhm, these are Custom patreon renders, you know that right? :LOL::LOL:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
But Mona getting tossed out of the HOTs by Quinn doesn't mean she has to change dorms. It's far more likely that she's leaving B&R because she knows about what Quinn's up to and feels like she isn't safe.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: öhm, these are Custom patreon renders, you know that right? :LOL::LOL:
Yeah, but that doesn't mean that we can't hope for some of them to happen in the game. ;)

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
guys, we're here to shiver again for the only legal threesome to remain available after the god fearing man's visit ...

I would recommend less ambitious dreams

Reactions: HardcoreLarry
Nov 8, 2018
Thank you for the information, It's a helpful resource. You might consider including a TL;DR section with your most up to date purchasing and assignment advice, but it's good to see the underlying numbers.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who monitors this thread and appreciates theorycrafting like this, Keep up the good work.
Thanks for the kind words. Great to see how our discussion unfolds and actually helps some people :O
I have all the underlying data of the summary statistics in a spreadsheet, just didn't want to overshoot the same as last time. It would be no effort for me to add a TL;DR section if you could explain this a little bit more to me ..... :)

Nov 8, 2018
Thanks for the mentions. Didn't check in here today and could have easily missed this great analysis and discussion :)
I've since been testing different scenarios in the provided spreadsheet but as BadAssPutin mentioned before, the neccessity to basically bruteforce a massive amount of possible combinations finally had me stop now, rather than spending days going "but what if I change this small detail?" xD

Hi and it's definitely not a bother. In fact I was shocked that someone was able to set up a modifiable spreadsheet to calculate the best approach. When I first started thinking about the minigame and how to try and go through it efficiently I wanted to do that as well, but thinking about the sheer number of possible order/combination of restored rooms for each Assignment and the fact that I would always have to take into account differences in naturally gained stats (e.g. that someone working in a team of 3 rather than 2 would have to automatically take into account that their Clean/Repair/Salvage will now be 2 higher the next assignment etc.) made me give up on that approach and simply aim for "a possible solution" rather than "something that can cover all possible solutions". As such I'm really impressed by the approach you took to get there. This should make collecting data on how to go through the minigame far less tedious in the future.

As far as the investments go I was fairly sure that Dumpster would be incredible value for its investment (how much exactly is variable since you will likely restore some rooms on your last assignment and these rooms would not generate xp for you. In the order I used it would generate at least 170 xp (technically more because any xp gained like this increase your stats and could lead to more bonus points and thus even more xp generated) for $4 and at least 42.5 xp/$ seemed too tasty to pass up.
However your spreadsheet also made it clear that I was wrong on other accounts when it came to the investments. I had always assumed that the Work-investment would be the worst by far (simply because you spend far less time working than restoring rooms, making it impossible for that investment to lead to decent ROI) and I was a bit iffy about the Salvage-investment (because the rooms generally need less salvage-stats than repair or cleaning, so your salvaging will often overshoot the target value and be wasted) but I was under the impression that the Cleaning- and Repair-Investments were actually worth it (and even went as far as to claim that the Repair investment is "mandatory" early on, since the DIKs are so much worse at that stat). Your sheet has shown that that is not true, which was very good to know.

I failed to find a way to get as close to completion of the minigame in 6 assignments as I did with the investments, but considering the "6 Assignment Plan" is unreliable (expects a lot of work-rerolling and STILL needs you to get 9$ outside of the minigame) and was intended to be more of a "worst case scenario" it really should not matter that 6 says seems more difficult without investments. As soon as you reach 7 Assignments however the non-dumpster investments become obsolete as reaching the stats to work for the extra $15 you now need will always cost you more than the xp you gained from buying them at the start.
They do seem to be in about the expected ranking of usefulness (Repair > Cleaning > Salvaging > Work) but even the Repair-investment is not as worth it as I has estimated it would be. Thanks for the clarification on that :)

When it comes to the topic of xp-maximization however there is an issue that, if my assumption is correct, could make the approach of maximizing xp early far less worthwhile. I'll put that in spoilers because I wouldn't want someone to take it as fact before I'm sure it's actually true (and since I don't know anything about renpy I wouldn't know where to look for the minigame calculations in the scripts to check):

However I will parrot you and say that reading your discussions and the difference in approach towards the same problem is a pleasure. Doesn't make any of us any less weird for being so invested in the spreadsheet minigame in a game that is about drama and sex, but I'm ok with that :ROFLMAO:
Hey fakitap,

always nice to hear from you. Yeah, I also regret not having seen your analysis from the beginning and only later on. Could have saved me quite some time, haha.

Thanks for the praisal of the spread sheet. However, it is still very limited as it involves too much manual labor. On the one hand thats good so I don't have to use VBA (security reasons when sharing it via the internet), but it makes checking several scenarios very time-consuming.
I was actually composing a spread sheet in order to brute force all potential options, but failed as I had to optimize two goals (sequence of rooms and sequence of DIKs working in each turn). Solver is not made for that and I haven't found a work-around as of yet - not to mention the heavy size of the file, haha

Yeah, my first thought when just playing the game and not analysing was as well that the DUMPSTER is worth the money as it provides long-term gain, but I rejected that impression due to the unnecessary over-simplification of my initial work...

It's interesting, right? You don't need that much additional XP to complete the mansion. But as ename144 correctly mentioned, there is a potential gain in having higher stats towards cash work. I also shared your "nasty thought" to simply reload the task until you find suitable cash work offers, haha. But higher stats will certainly reduce this effort to the benefit of the gameplay.

No need to thank me, I've learned at least as much from you haha.

Regarding your thoughts on the XP maximization problem
- Yeah, it would be so much easier if we could just check the RenPy code and clarify a lot of things (escpecially cash work!!!). I am really excited in the official walkthrough.
- Interesting, very interesting...

- - IF I have understood your problem correctly, I could contribute two thoughts
1) [Please don't be offended by this silly-obvious question] Have you considered that you have earned 12950 score points in the 2nd FR (when tutorial ends)? This will yield 64.75XP being rounded down to 60XP leaving a surplus of 950 score points to be neglected. When receiving 24050 points in the subsequent turn, you will receive 24000/1000*5 = 120XP + 5XP (950 score left from previous FR + 50 additionally received in this run). I had the same problem in my second analysis and had to manually add up the surplus points (and just added them at the end, they are not expected to make any drastic changes imho).

2) Are you playing v.0.6.0 or v0.6.1? I have read in the changelog that DPC changed something in the XP generation process, but don't know what. I play on version 6.0 and was worried to read that...
- I suffered from work-blindness myself, haha, no need to apologize.
- The presence of an XP cap would certainly be disadvantageous for the players, but would be beneficial for my spreadsheet analysis, haha. My previous restriction (most efficient allocation) had to be torn apart so I was nearly arbitrarily making choices given the best decisions for each remaining room. Since I had problems allocating the high pile of XP, I decided to do that in one single FR while there is nothing wrong with spreading it evely (except the high inefficiency score, haha). I am not sure if a XP cap would make sense or would be intended gameplay-wise... But this observation is definitively worth another investigation.

Haha. Luckily I'm out of college to no longer be called a "spread-sheet wanker" anymore.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
That's possible, but considering that it's a dorm, it could just as well be any other room, or even the room she's originally assigned to.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
almost serious consideration:

But at the moment, threesomes haven't disappointed you enough?

the one with Riona and Quinn is not bad, but considering the two characters it could have been much more extreme
the one with Maya and Josy is little more than a test
the one with Envy and Sandy is clearly the best, but it's the most casual one, really born out of nothing, like the adventure with Nora, a gift from DPC. so much so that maybe I would have preferred a solo ride with Nichole

4.80 star(s) 1,525 Votes