robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
oh well, guess DPC is just living up to his game name by..Being A DIK...still cannot wait to play it when it comes out. one of my top 10 must play VNs. and like many people here i have many saves which will keep my playing new content for a few weeks after it comes out.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I love how DPС uses the right time for bad news. Phantom Liberty is coming out as early as Tuesday and generally no one will care anymore, they'll go off to play Cyberpunk. It was the same thing with Starfield and Baldur's Gate.
Now of course it will be harder to calculate the release time, but I'm guessing it's the end of November.
And Milfy City 1.0....

The irony

Reactions: KaiserST

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Although I’m annoyed as much as the rest of you guys over this 60fps revelation, at least DPC mentioned how the fps increase improves the “jiggle”.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The imagination runs wild.

I am not really opposed the 60 fps though it would have made more sense to use the AI program for that. More of an neutral stance to it all. Sort of like "Oh, okay. Nothing we can do. Will look cool though.".

Reactions: Letum0317

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
The imagination runs wild.

I am not really opposed the 60 fps though it would have made more sense to use the AI program for that. More of an neutral stance to it all. Sort of like "Oh, okay. Nothing we can do. Will look cool though.".
I would have preferred to see more of the story, perhaps some minor scenes that were previously left out due to lack of rendering capabilities. And Joshy could use some more cuddling and holding hands with Maya, I guess. But juicy boinking at 60 fps is also not bad, I won’t deny it :)

Reactions: Joshy92 and Orgitas

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Although I’m annoyed as much as the rest of you guys over this 60fps revelation, at least DPC mentioned how the fps increase improves the “jiggle”.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and do you want to put in the rustle of the Preps' robes? it will almost seem like you can hear the sound!!!

Oppenheimer is lucky that the intro to chapter 10 will not be in the Oscars

Melissa fan

Sep 23, 2019
I've seen people saying DPC is milking his fans and I have never agreed with that until now. Episode 10 will be a couple of months more than episode 9 and so we get slightly better animations. It is smart of DPC to drag the game out he has probably the most popular AVN around and make tons of money off of it. When BADIK is finished he will have to make a new game that may not be as popular and could halve the money he makes now. The way DPC is going now making more animations and making them slightly better and making a whole episode like 9 that doesn't really advance the game much at all I can see this still going and not even being up to episode 20 in 10 years. There will probably be a lot of people that play now that will be dead by the time it is finished. DPC may even want to retire before it ends unless he does what Freeloading Family did and just make endings for the characters halfway through the game.

Hopefully episode 10 will be better than episode 9. I thought episode 9 was overall pretty boring and really annoying with all the freeroam. I still haven't even finished the episode yet I've only done Sage, Jill and possibly Josy but I don't even remember half of what happened on most routes.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
I've seen people saying DPC is milking his fans and I have never agreed with that until now. Episode 10 will be a couple of months more than episode 9 and so we get slightly better animations. It is smart of DPC to drag the game out he has probably the most popular AVN around and make tons of money off of it. When BADIK is finished he will have to make a new game that may not be as popular and could halve the money he makes now. The way DPC is going now making more animations and making them slightly better and making a whole episode like 9 that doesn't really advance the game much at all I can see this still going and not even being up to episode 20 in 10 years. There will probably be a lot of people that play now that will be dead by the time it is finished. DPC may even want to retire before it ends unless he does what Freeloading Family did and just make endings for the characters halfway through the game.

Hopefully episode 10 will be better than episode 9. I thought episode 9 was overall pretty boring and really annoying with all the freeroam. I still haven't even finished the episode yet I've only done Sage, Jill and possibly Josy but I don't even remember half of what happened on most routes.
I wouldn't say he is milking. He is just his own worst enemy by wanting to do more than the episode that came before. If he were milking the fans... Well.. Go see the latest Milfy City update lol. So long in development with only 2 months of actual work done.

Reactions: NoNameNeeded

Melissa fan

Sep 23, 2019
I wouldn't say he is milking. He is just his own worst enemy by wanting to do more than the episode that came before. If he were milking the fans... Well.. Go see the latest Milfy City update lol. So long in development with only 2 months of actual work done.
Just because he is actually doing more work doesn't mean he isn't milking it. If he cut some unnessary filler, reduced the amount and length of animations he could be back to 6 months per update. If the game ends at episode 20 he could be done in 5 years and then lose his BADIK money but if he adds in some filler and makes animations longer and slightly better he can add 5 years on to the game and have an extra 5 years of all that BADIK money before he has to create a new game that may halve his monthly income.

I'm not trying to bash the guy because I and 99% of the world would do the same thing if we were in his position. If you are making an entertainment product that needs to have an end at some point and it is currently making 10k a month why end it in 5 years and create something new that could make 2k a month when you can drag each episode out to double the time. I'm sure everyone would rather have 10k a month for 10 years rather than 10k for 5 years and then possibly 2k a month for 5 years or even have to go back to a full time job.

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
Just because he is actually doing more work doesn't mean he isn't milking it. If he cut some unnessary filler, reduced the amount and length of animations he could be back to 6 months per update. If the game ends at episode 20 he could be done in 5 years and then lose his BADIK money but if he adds in some filler and makes animations longer and slightly better he can add 5 years on to the game and have an extra 5 years of all that BADIK money before he has to create a new game that may halve his monthly income.

I'm not trying to bash the guy because I and 99% of the world would do the same thing if we were in his position. If you are making an entertainment product that needs to have an end at some point and it is currently making 10k a month why end it in 5 years and create something new that could make 2k a month when you can drag each episode out to double the time. I'm sure everyone would rather have 10k a month for 10 years rather than 10k for 5 years and then possibly 2k a month for 5 years or even have to go back to a full time job.
That not milking tho, you agree that he is working right? He is making unnecessary shits like sfw animations, 60fps animations, etc. Just because things ain't going our ways or we ain't getting the update faster. Doesn't mean he is milking, if he wasn't working and wasn't producing quality contents. I would say that he was milking. Well, as they say there a market for every consumers. I particularly don't care about animations quality but probably some of the patronage do. (They voted for madame after all). I just find it funny that people says he is milking when he is probably the only Dev with higher render quota and complex mechanics than most. Where most Dev struggle to provide atleast 500/1000 renders per 3/4 months. While Dev produce over 34k or something renders for his updates.

Ps- His cult will support his next game, no matter how bad it is. :Kappa:

Reactions: Joshy92
Mar 2, 2022
TLDR
  • Frames per day with 4090s only slightly higher than Episode 7*
  • Animation count production per week is lower than Episode 6*
  • Both metrics don't support doubling fps without massive wait time increases
  • DPC fails to address concerns about development time increases
  • FPS change doesn't affect DPC workload - Consequences fall on patreons'

Subjective vs Objective
The relative importance of 30fps and 60fps animations will vary depending on who you ask. So I am unable to evaluate how others should react to this. Some people will prefer quality over development speed or vice versa, no one is wrong either way.
The objective data DPC has included with his status updates is where I can inform people and help them form their conclusions.

First Question: What were the 4090s supposed to solve?
Many people are unhappy with how Episode 9 added non-lewd animations while increasing development time. DPC encountered the problem of waiting for animations to finish at the conclusion of episode 9 production. Almost all of November was spent waiting for animations to render.

This problem has resurfaced for Episode 10. There are 200 renders and 91 animations left. We should expect another two months of work once static renderings are completed before animations can be fully rendered.

Second Question: How have Frames per Week changed throughout development?
Let's look at how frames per week have changed throughout the development.

12345678I9
504 (+1%)​
637 (+26%)​
723 (+13%)​
582 (-19%)​
1364 (134%)​
1539 (13%)​
1120 (-27%)​
As we can see, DPC's computers were last upgraded in Episode 7. With the associated 134% increase in productivity, this change is readily noticeable. We will most likely NOT be seeing an increase remotely close to that this time round.

We don't know what the average frames per week for episode 10 are, but we may compare the time span of production.

PeriodFrames per week
Vacation Episode 102176
First 85 Days of Episode 72109
Estimated Episode 9: 5th November - 25 November1680

In contrast to the 134% increase in productivity for episode 7, we will most likely see a 23% increase in productivity for episode 10, which is absurd given the advantages he claims in his status updates. (When the episode premieres I hope to be proven wrong.)
Between episodes 7 and 10, the animation quality improved, but so did the hardware capability.

When we compare the figures from episodes 10 and 7, we can easily see the dreadful fact that even with the 4090 enhancements, he's barely breaking episode 7. Based on the numbers he has shown, there was a significant decline in animation production pace after episode 8, and we should expect this trend to continue into episode 10. But I think announcing that he's doubling the animation requirements while entering a two-month animation waiting period is ludicrous.

Animation Count (Low Quality KPI- Take with grain of salt)
12345678I9
Count per Week
6.27​
6.6​
6.38​
7.85​
6.63​
10.87​
12​
2.4​
7.39​
% Change from pervious Episode
5%​
-3%​
23%​
-16%​
64%​
10%​
-80%​
-38%​

Episode 10 presently has a weekly animation count productivity of 6.59. A lower weekly count than in episode 6...

Third Question: What is DPCs priority?
In this instance, I believe the most essential thing to remember is how he said it.
I got plenty of extra render power available. I thought about how I could use the increased render power to increase the quality of the art.
This suggests that he isn't concerned with addressing the ever-increasing animation development time problems, but is instead looking for ways to maintain/increase development time. Because this is a subjective view, you may disagree with me in this part.

Conclusion
The milking allegations stem from DPC's unwillingness to confront the obvious problem of development time. The crucial thing to remember about doubling the FPS is that DPC does not need to do any additional effort to do this. He is not disturbed on his end. He just changes the FPS in an options box and voila, he has doubled the animation production time. Assuming his patreons continue to support him this is a massive win for him financially.

Of course, if he was experiencing downtime in animation development, I would appreciate an improvement in quality, but that is NOT what we are witnessing in this situation. Someone who has their patreons' financial interests in mind would recognize that this choice will have more negative effects than positive ones. Hence why I've come to conclusion he is putting extra financial burden on patreons' without offering equivalent rewards.

EDIT: It all comes down to how milker is defined differently. I purposefully used quotation marks around the word "milker" since I don't think he is a milker, simply someone who made a poor choice that comes at the financial cost to his patreons malicious or not. I don't really know what the true definition is but I can understand why some people agree and disagree with it. So I will avoid refering to him as a "milker".

My Thoughts
I usually subscribe to the $40 tier when an episode is released and have probably spent over $200 over the course of the game, but given these numbers, I am unable to support this going forward. It goes without saying that this is a subjective opinion based on my lack of interest in quality of animation, especially when it comes at such a hefty price.

I'm not arguing that someone is wrong or right; I'm just trying to give you more knowledge so you may choose more wisely.

Where most Dev struggle to provide atleast 500/1000 renders per 3/4 months.
DPC renders per week for Episode 9: 159.8
STWA renders per week for Episode 6: 122
NyxVN renders per week for Episode 11: 118 (Not including animations)

DPC is blessed with much higher quality and quanity of stations. Every dev has there issues. DPCs happens to be animations.

Last edited:

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
TLDR
  • Frames per day with 4090s only slightly higher than Episode 7*
  • Animation count production per week is lower than Episode 6*
  • Both metrics don't support doubling fps without massive wait time increases
  • DPC fails to address concerns about development time increases
  • FPS change doesn't affect DPC workload

Subjective vs Objective
The relative importance of 30fps and 60fps animations will vary depending on who you ask. So I am unable to evaluate how others should react to this. Some people will prefer quality over development speed or vice versa, no one is wrong either way.
The objective data DPC has included with his status updates is where I can inform people and help them form their conclusions.

First Question: What were the 4090s supposed to solve?
Many people are unhappy with how Episode 9 added non-lewd animations while increasing development time. DPC encountered the problem of waiting for animations to finish at the conclusion of episode 9 production. Almost all of November was spent waiting for animations to render.

This problem has resurfaced for Episode 10. There are 200 renders and 91 animations left. We should expect another two months of work once static renderings are completed before animations can be fully rendered.

Second Question: How have Frames per Week changed throughout development?
Let's look at how frames per week have changed throughout the development.

12345678I9
504 (+1%)​
637 (+26%)​
723 (+13%)​
582 (-19%)​
1364 (134%)​
1539 (13%)​
1120 (-27%)​
As we can see, DPC's computers were last upgraded in Episode 7. With the associated 134% increase in productivity, this change is readily noticeable. We will most likely NOT being seeing a increase remotely close to that this time round.

We don't know what the average frames per week for episode 10 are, but we may compare the time span of production.

PeriodFrames per week
Vacation Episode 102176
First 85 Days of Episode 72109
Estimated Episode 9: 5th November - 25 November1680

In contrast to the 134% increase in productivity for episode 7, we will most likely see a 23% increase in productivity for episode 10, which is absurd given the advantages he claims in his status updates. (When the episode premieres I hope to be proven wrong.)
Between episodes 7 and 10, the animation quality improved, but so did the hardware capability.

When we compare the figures from episodes 10 and 7, we can easily see the dreadful fact that even with the 4090 enhancements, he's barely breaking episode 7. Based on the numbers he has shown, there was a significant decline in animation production pace after episode 8, and we should expect this trend to continue into episode 10. But I think announcing that he's doubling the animation requirements while entering a two-month animation waiting period is ludicrous.

Animation Count (Low Quality KPI- Take with grain of salt)
12345678I9
Count per Week
6.27​
6.6​
6.38​
7.85​
6.63​
10.87​
12​
2.4​
7.39​
% Change from pervious Episode
5%​
-3%​
23%​
-16%​
64%​
10%​
-80%​
-38%​

Episode 10 presently has a weekly animation count productivity of 6.59. A lower weekly count than in episode 6...

Third Question: What is DPCs priority?
In this instance, I believe the most essential thing to remember is how he said it.

This suggests that he isn't concerned with addressing the ever-increasing animation development time problems, but is instead looking for ways to maintain/increase development time. Because this is a subjective view, you may disagree with me in this part.

Conclusion
The milking allegations stem from DPC's unwillingness to confront the obvious problem of development time. The crucial thing to remember about doubling the FPS is that DPC does not need to do any additional effort to do this. He is not disturbed on his end. He just changes the FPS in an options box and voila, he has doubled the animation production time. Assuming his patreons continue to support him this is a massive win for him financially.

Of course, if he was experiencing downtime in animation development, I would appreciate an improvement in quality, but that is NOT what we are witnessing in this situation. Someone who has their patreons' financial interests in mind would recognize that this choice will have more negative effects than positive ones. Hence why I've come to conclusion he is "milking".

My Thoughts
I usually subscribe to the $40 tier when an episode is released and have probably spent over $200 over the course of the game, but given these numbers, I am unable to support this going forward. It goes without saying that this is a subjective opinion based on my lack of interest in quality of animation, especially when it comes at such a hefty price.

I'm not arguing that someone is wrong or right; I'm just trying to give you more knowledge so you may choose more wisely.
I get it. He has made some bad choices and the dev time does reflect that.I see milking as intentionally dragging things out and doing the bare minimum - Like Hillside or even the new Milfy City update. Trickling content out whilst doing the bare minimum. With DPC I see a guy who wants to put out more content, in what ever form, than what was in the previous episode. Typically it is the render count. So I say on his self imposed quest to be seen as a God he has, inadvertently, shot himself in the foot. Buying more PCs so he can do more and more whilst not actually improving the efficiency of his work as he just piles more on. Akin to a dog trying to catch their tail.So, in my mind he is not dragging things out to get the most money. He is dragging it out to develop more content (where as a milker wouldn't) and he certainly in't doing the bare minimum. So that is why I say h e isn't a milker. Just some one who doesn't know when to say "enough is enough".

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes