Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
My Group? Who is this group you are talking about? And yes people will remember because now she is in the story and wasting time and is just creating unnecessary conflict no one wants.

Zoey is not a one shot but as far as I know she will be now part of the main game. She now has more history than any of these other girls already and the question is WHY?

I would be happy about every Girl getting a special Flashback episode but why someone "new"?
I'll try to answer your questions. I've certainly seen these arguments a thousand times, but...
1. This is the "your ex is coming back into your life" plot. Of course it's a cliché, but it works. The same storyline was in Acting Lessons - DPC the previous game.
2. Why was there an entire mini-chapter dedicated to Zoey instead of a flashback?
- He has big plans for Zoey as a character and a serious storyline
- DPC wanted us to personalize her character. By the decisions we make, we decide who Zoey will be - DIK or CHICK. I think this is the main purpose of the Interlude.
3. Unnecessary conflict? I wouldn't say so. It looks like DPC wanted to make this point controversial. Chose MG in Episode 8 and wanted to live happily ever after? Haha, suck it up! Here's a new challenge for you, player. Good luck! :LOL:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Zoey's backstory is not so interesting. A flashback have been more than enough. And making a full update with music, minigames and all is not a 2-3 weeks job. We would already have the real update since September, probably.

MC wants to drop out college because the second night he finds himself naked in the middle of the street without even a place to sleep. And it's just for less than an hour, until he finds Derek. Everybody would have a bad moment and would like to just go home and feel safe in a situation like that one.

Josy is childish. She wants it all and she wants it now, MC and Maya, and she doesn't want to be a grown up. She even says that during her date with the MC. So, her parents treat her like a child. Another character that I don't understand why people find attractive, except because want to see some renders of hers sitting on Maya's face.

Jill is making a joke, that's all. She's not a brat. Actually, she's a pretty decent character with a lot of positive traits, she really cares about the MC, and her narrative arc is not bad (it's Tybalt narrative arc the bad one). But people here doesn't like her because DPC made a mistake with her mouth and her smile looks weird :FacePalm: If I know something, is that most of people only care about the characters looking good and don't even think about their real personalities. Well, I'm sorry, but I like characters for their personalities and acts more than due how their mouths look.

For sure, there are other bad characters in BADIK.
the only 100% wasted DPC work time in the interlude is the sex scene between Bret and Emma, the rest good or bad would have been there anyway, maybe in an actual flashback, maybe in Zoey telling MC what she did.
in the end, the interlude came out after 3 months in which DPC launched the second season on Steam, launched the game on GOG, complelt the ssystem for transferring saves. so it's not like he worked 100% on the interlude in those 3 months

the problem is the 8 months after, I could even forgive him those 3 months

about the characters: everyone has their own motivations and everything is forgivable, but in fact they are brats who behave as such. Derek stops MC with bags in hand and ready to leave-there are moments when they even make important speeches, but on average they are brats

- DPC wanted us to personalize her character. By the decisions we make, we decide who Zoey will be - DIK or CHICK. I think this is the main purpose of the Interlude.
if that was his intent, reducing everything to basically one choice doesn't seem like a great move to me

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
the only 100% wasted DPC work time in the interlude is the sex scene between Bret and Emma, the rest good or bad would have been there anyway, maybe in an actual flashback, maybe in Zoey telling MC what she did.
in the end, the interlude came out after 3 months in which DPC launched the second season on Steam, launched the game on GOG, complelt the ssystem for transferring saves. so it's not like he worked 100% on the interlude in those 3 months

about the characters: everyone has their own motivations and everything is forgivable, but in fact they are brats who behave as such. Derek stops MC with bags in hand and ready to leave-there are moments when they even make important speeches, but on average they are brats

if that was his intent, reducing everything to basically one choice doesn't seem like a great move to me
Of course, I think he also rested after working on Season 2. It would take 45-50 days to create Interlude with his pace of work. It's forgivable, everyone has the right to vacation.
The Emma/Brat sex scene is useless in my opinion. I would make Zoey sex scene or put her in this threesome so she has more connection to the San Diego characters. It would be a better plot move than what it is.
And I would spit on snowflakes that scream "NTR!!" People have sex with more than one person in their lifetime, that's the reality.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Of course, I think he also rested after working on Season 2. It would take 45-50 days to create Interlude with his pace of work. It's forgivable, everyone has the right to vacation.
The Emma/Brat sex scene is useless in my opinion. I would make Zoey sex scene or put her in this threesome so she has more connection to the San Diego characters. It would be a better plot move than what it is.
And I would spit on snowflakes that scream "NTR!!" People have sex with more than one person in their lifetime, that's the reality.
o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O we needed the threesome with Emma and Bret to make Zoey even more appreciated, just in case she came back pregnant to ask for help from the only one poorer than her

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I'm away for what, a few days, and I come back to this!? :eek:

For fucks sake! We're at the half way mark now. It's only appropriate that the Interlude exist here, that's exactly when an Interlude make the most sense! And what's an "interlude"? It's a deviation from the main story. Hence the focus on a different protagonist, except it's not really a deviation is it? :unsure:

So, at pretty much the exact midpoint of the game/story, the MC has consolidated his choice (unless you're playing it smart - whatup my "other" brothers), and now the story changes gear.

Just when you though the mc's love life was smooth sailing from here on, it's an ass blast from the past (I'm presuming the mc blasted Zoey in the ass in the past, she seems like she'd be up for some casual anal).

Is it a cliché? Of course it fucking is. What isn't a cliché in this story?
  • The virginal princess with a body to die for and a face that could actually kill you - Jill
  • The lesbian lovers (can't think of any funny shit to add to this) - M&J
  • The Bible bashing, overbearing, hot wife having (I'm subscribing to the Nora theory for no particular reason), homophobic father - Patrick the cunt
  • The bad girl hiding her insecurities while shooting up and doing serious anal - Quinn
  • The psycho axe murderer with permanent eyebrow damage - Bella
  • The angry redheaded babe with the gay lover - Sage
  • The dorky, big-dicked DnG role player - Magnar
  • The feisty nerd girl with the mega booty - Sally
  • The hot, experienced older woman with the useless husband - Jade
  • The cucked husband (suck shit limp dick) - Burke
  • The babe hiding behind her geeky exterior just waiting for a makeover - KRJ (Ok, I could be delusional)
  • The frat wars - DIKs vs Alphas
  • The closet gay jock - Possibly half of them, but obviously Chad
  • The homophobic jocks - Well... the homophobic jocks I guess
  • The not-so-ex not-so-girlfriend returns - Zoey
And so fucking on...

So why worry about another cliché? Everything else has worked so far. It's not about the cliché, it's about how it's been done. And to use DPC's recent words (but let's be honest, he probably stole them from me in the first place), "Fuck Me" if it hasn't been done well so far.

So yeah, DPC took a break from the current story. You got a problem with that? Get a fucking life! :rolleyes: He's been working solidly on this game, for your inexpensive pleasure (thank you Patreons, you lovely rich bastids), for the past 4 fucking years, and he deviates for a bit and people start going bananas? Fuck off!

Even now, as he completes the 9th episode, 4 years in the making, he's refencing notes and scenes that he prepared from the very beginning. It means it's all going to plan. All the characters you've come to love were created ages ago, including Zoey, by the same guy, so take a chill pill and just enjoy the ride.

Will he fuck it up eventually? Possibly, if his last endeavour is anything to go by? But for fuck's sake, people are bagging episode 9 and it hasn't even come out yet. And getting worked up over the wait? You do know that it will take you less than a week to probably play through the next episode (I'll probably play it in one sitting) and then it's 6 months minimum until episode 10. What's another month or three per episode given it's going to be many, many fucking years before this thing ends.

Now, to anyone that I've inadvertently offended, just be glad I didn't call you a bunch of cunts (term of endearment of course), and be aware that I'm mostly just talking out of my ass.

And before I sign off, I'd like to dedicated this post to my homie Lostanddamned, who I know has been going through long-ass "Shazba Post" withdrawals. I apologise my friend, I know it's been a rocky ride of late. I hope this fix will tide you over for a while. Because there's not much else to write about until that Lazy Milker MotherFucker Dev gets off his ass and finishes episode 9! :mad:

:p

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

For fucks sake! We're at the half way mark now. It's only appropriate that the Interlude exist here, that's exactly when an Interlude make the most sense! And what's an "interlude"? It's a deviation from the main story. Hence the focus on a different protagonist, except it's not really a deviation is it? :unsure:

So, at pretty much the exact midpoint of the game/story, the MC has consolidated his choice (unless you're playing it smart - whatup my "other" brothers), and now the story changes gear.

Just when you though the mc's love life was smooth sailing from here on, it's an ass blast from the past (I'm presuming the mc blasted Zoey in the ass in the past, she seems like she'd be up for some casual anal).

• The virginal princess with a body to die for and a face that could actually kill you - Jill
  • The Bible bashing, overbearing, hot wife having (I'm subscribing to the Nora theory for no particular reason), homophobic father - Patrick the cunt
  • The bad girl hiding her insecurities while shooting up and doing serious anal - Quinn
  • The babe hiding behind her geeky exterior just waiting for a makeover - KRJ (Ok, I could be delusional)
And so fucking on...

So why worry about another cliché? Everything else has worked so far. It's not about the cliché, it's about how it's been done. And to use DPC's recent words (but let's be honest, he probably stole them from me in the first place), "Fuck Me" if it hasn't been done well so far.

So yeah, DPC took a break from the current story. You got a problem with that? Get a fucking life! :rolleyes: He's been working solidly on this game, for your inexpensive pleasure (thank you Patreons, you lovely rich bastids), for the past 4 fucking years, and he deviates for a bit and people start going bananas? Fuck off!

Even now, as he completes the 9th episode, 4 years in the making, he's refencing notes and scenes that he prepared from the very beginning. It means it's all going to plan. All the characters you've come to love were created ages ago, including Zoey, by the same guy, so take a chill pill and just enjoy the ride.

Will he fuck it up eventually? Possibly, if his last endeavour is anything to go by? But for fuck's sake, people are bagging episode 9 and it hasn't even come out yet. And getting worked up over the wait? You do know that it will take you less than a week to probably play through the next episode (I'll probably play it in one sitting) and then it's 6 months minimum until episode 10. What's another month or three per episode given it's going to be many, many fucking years before this thing ends.

Now, to anyone that I've inadvertently offended, just be glad I didn't call you a bunch of cunts (term of endearment of course), and be aware that I'm mostly just talking out of my ass.

And before I sign off, I'd like to dedicated this post to my homie Lostanddamned, who I know has been going through long-ass "Shazba Post" withdrawals. I apologise my friend, I know it's been a rocky ride of late. I hope this fix will tide you over for a while. Because there's not much else to write about until that Lazy Milker MotherFucker Dev gets off his ass and finishes episode 9! :mad:

I agree

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Inb4 we get cucked by Magnar and he bangs all the LI's and all the side chicks at the same time right in front of MC's eyes. :Kappa:

Your dedication of the shazba post to me is appreaciated by not only your homie, but the entire shazba Guild as well. :Kappa:

But truth to be told, it's highly unlikely we get the update in November at all. He still plans to pose 20 animations and that's a 3-5 week work for him with his pace. There's also those that are in the render queue. Mid-December would be my prediction for the release date - he still has to do the beta testing which he is so anal about it lasting 2 weeks.

Estimated best case scenario for release date: 16th December 2022.
Most realistic release date: January 2023.
Worst case scenario: Game abandoned and Arigon turns out to be a prophet saying that DPC was tired, burnt out and wanting to start a new project. :Kappa:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
jill is by far the most useless character in the entire story. brings literally nothing. if you removed her, the main story wouldn't suffer at all. her "arc", if there is any at all, is complete shit. she is the mary sue and obvious bait for every neckbeard.
she tells on chad because it's aparently 3rd grade. treats fuckface as an idiot in the process. you crap on joey for actually acting her age, while you tolerate jill's tattling even though fuckface told her he wants her to do nothing about it?
It takes a special sort of prejudice-fueled cognitive dissonance to claim someone has no impact on the story and at the same time attack them for, wait for it... impacting the story against the MC's wishes.

If it wasn't for Jill's "tattling" Chad would still be the head of the jocks, and a number of events that followed could potentially go very differently. The only other girl who can claim at least this level of impact on the story is, ironically, Quinn who isn't even an LI.

(also, to think of reporting an actual crime that's physical assault severe enough to give someone concussion as "tattling" is how aforementioned 3rd graders think. And no, it doesn't fucking matter if the victim wants it swept under the rug -- because there's zero guarantee there won't be *more* such victims if the attacker gets away with it scot-free. The MC might be a self-centered snowflake but you don't need to emulate him)

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't agree with this. This sex scene lead to the glorious outbursts of the inebriated and undisputed MVP of the Interlude:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
which says a lot about how successful the interlude is....

by the way, it is actually Jenna who is the best part of the scene that would otherwise be really awkward, with a Bret thinking about the mistakes he made in his life...

• Sad
Reactions: shazba

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

And so fucking on...

DPC during development:

plan-dutch.gif

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: shazba

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018

Yea I agree for the most part. The Interlude didn't take up the bulk of the dev time. It definitely didn't make the dev time feel shorter for sure and without it maybe a month or two could've been shaved off of the dev time (Interlude + ep 9 = 11 months) but the main issue is just how long ep 9 alone has been in development.

I think people who think the Interlude was just so important to the story are just coping about the long wait and the people who hate Zoey are just salty about the Interlude. That's it. It's way too early to determine whether 1. the Interlude was even needed or if DPC is even going to properly utilize it and 2. Whether Zoey is actually unlikeable. I literally stopped caring about the Interlude the minute I finished playing through it once. Regarding Zoey, I'm pretty indifferent at this point. Indifference doesn't mean hate btw, for the slow people who don't get what "I don't care" means.

The Zoey discussion is probably just misplaced irritation over the long wait time for ep 9. After ep 9, there will probably be people who will still hang on to the association using whatever justification but at the end of the day for them it'll always be "ep 9 took forever" - "Interlude came out 3 months after ep 8" - "I hate Zoey because of the Interlude".
Same thing for people who keep saying "DPC has a plan for Zoey and the Interlude". It may never be demonstrably proven that the Interlude was necessary or that a simple flashback would've taken just as long. It may even become redundant if DPC decides to backtrack anyway. Then all those "elaborate plans" just kind of half-crumble.

People should just wait for after ep 9 to form their opinion on Zoey and the Interlude because only time can tell and give us the answer. Guys, relax. Ep 9 is coming out soon.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Yea I agree for the most part. The Interlude didn't take up the bulk of the dev time. It definitely didn't make the dev time feel shorter for sure and without it maybe a month or two could've been shaved off of the dev time (Interlude + ep 9 = 11 months) but the main issue is just how long ep 9 alone has been in development.

I think people who think the Interlude was just so important to the story are just coping about the long wait and the people who hate Zoey are just salty about the Interlude. That's it. It's way too early to determine whether 1. the Interlude was even needed or if DPC is even going to properly utilize it and 2. Whether Zoey is actually unlikeable. I literally stopped caring about the Interlude the minute I finished playing through it once. Regarding Zoey, I'm pretty indifferent at this point. Indifference doesn't mean hate btw, for the slow people who don't get what "I don't care" means.

The Zoey discussion is probably just misplaced irritation over the long wait time for ep 9. After ep 9, there will probably be people who will still hang on to the association using whatever justification but at the end of the day for them it'll always be "ep 9 took forever" - "Interlude came out 3 months after ep 8" - "I hate Zoey because of the Interlude".
Same thing for people who keep saying "DPC has a plan for Zoey and the Interlude". It may never be demonstrably proven that the Interlude was necessary or that a simple flashback would've taken just as long. It may even become redundant if DPC decides to backtrack anyway. Then all those "elaborate plans" just kind of half-crumble.

People should just wait for after ep 9 to form their opinion on Zoey and the Interlude because only time can tell and give us the answer. Guys, relax. Ep 9 is coming out soon.
I can be quoted somewhere on these pages saying I probably wouldn't bother playing the Interlude ever again, unlike episodes 1 - 8 which have immense replayability.

That said, I totally started the entire BaDIK game from scratch months ago, unlocking all renders etc., and I played the Interlude again, I enjoyed it more the second time around.

The first time I didn't know what to expect and I was underwhelmed, but the second time it was quite ok. It's fairly short, so it's not a slog to get through, and I enjoyed it more.

I doubt I'll play it again though. It's not hilarious, nor does it have scenes that I just thoroughly enjoy reading, but that's possibly because I do find it hard to take a female perspective in these kinds of games (I don't play female protagonist games, they just don't interest me, but I obviously had no choice in this case if I'm to progress to episode 9).

But I do like Zoey more now that we kind of "know" her. Which was the point of the Interlude; to help us get to know Zoey. Could it have been done in a 5 minute prologue built into episode 9? Possibly. We didn't need an hour long prologue showing us the trial and tribulations of Maya and Josy's relationship. We got their quick camping scene and the rest of the gaps were filled in during the main game, and that worked fine.

But the way I look at it, DPC did it for himself. He took a bit of a break from BaDIK, and changed his style (the cartoon bubbles etc.) but I hope episode 9 goes back to the look and feel of the previous episodes and doesn't take anything particularly from the techniques used in the Interlude.

And hopefully Jenna comes to visit at some point. :sneaky:

bardock8114

Jul 11, 2022
2. Why was there an entire mini-chapter dedicated to Zoey instead of a flashback?
- He has big plans for Zoey as a character and a serious storyline
ANd exactly THIS is the problem. Who wnats that? Even if you like her look she is just an narcissistic asshole. I dont want her. If I see her I will completly ignore her because this is what every MC should do if he is not a complete Idiot. First love and all is fine but this one?

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
ANd exactly THIS is the problem. Who wnats that? Even if you like her look she is just an narcissistic asshole. I dont want her. If I see her I will completly ignore her because this is what every MC should do if he is not a complete Idiot. First love and all is fine but this one?
What is narcissistic about her behavior?

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes