ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Bro, just comparing development time and number of scenes, I'm going to tell you that IMHO 18 new scenes don't excuse an almost-yearly-cycle-development at all.

I feel that many will be disappointed. I am disappointed. 1 year development for a BaDIK episode is pure madness.

And - as I've always said - I wish that Interlude crap had never existed.
I don't see how you can be disappointed in something before you actually experience it. I've had plenty of negative things to say about DPC, Zoey and the Interlude, but I can't write Episode 9 off off until I see it.

I mean, if the game isn't working for you, I get that. But in that case what difference does it make how long it takes to develop? The wait only matters if you actually want to see what comes next. And personally, I do. My faith in BaDIK has been shaken, but this is still a game with enormous potential. If Episode 9 is the best yet, I'm not going to care about the long wait or all the problems with Episode 8 (even if they might resurface later); my faith will be restored and I'll be content to wait for Episode 10. If it winds up being the worst episode, well, I'll try my best to hibernate through the rest of Season 3 and see how I feel when Season 4 rolls around. Most likely it will be somewhere between those extremes and I'll have to decide how to weight the good and bad aspects of this game against each other.

But no matter what, I'm not going to judge the episode purely on the time it takes because that's strictly a secondary matter. Like it or not, quality takes time. It's by no means the only thing that takes time, but time is necessary for a good product. The vital question is whether DPC is spending all this time on a better product, or just on a shinier wrapper.

You left out the MC's response. That was my favorite part of the joke!
MC_doesn't_throw_stones.jpg

Does anyone know how long it will take for the next episode to be out on steam once its released on patreon.
DPC releases complete seasons of 4 episodes on Steam, so it will come out once Episode 12 is complete. That's going to be at least 2 years from now, more likely 3+.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
girl on the right has been dubbed Carolyn because of, um @Carolyn).
Isn't she on the left then? :p
I'm guessing all three will be slobbering on the mc's cock as a bare minimum at the Halloween party in episode 9
I'm ... 100% down for that kind of scene.
The way I see it, the mc has already fucked the other girls, it's not time to move on to greener pastures. Except he's already fucked Zoey too, soooo. Maybe it's time to get serious about college and start studying? :unsure:
Studying in college? What are you, stupid?! That's not what school is for!
But nah seriously, I think with VNs like this the character has to look amazing or has to have been endeared onto me at some point for me to be interested in seeing it.
I think Zoey looks ok, just not the best. Also while I liked her character in the Interlude, I didn't like it enough to really be all that interested in her. I think I'm ok with her kind of taking a back seat in ep 9 overall then focus on her more in ep 10.
Ep 9 could be that further character development I want to see first because half of it is how she'll interact with the whole cast (not just the MC). Though again, I'd rather have more time to see the other characters in ep 9. Unless DPC actually wrote it in a way to get her involved with everything and not make it so that her scenes are just some isolated bubble with her and the MC. We probably need to see those scenes because all the Main LI's had them but just ... not this time. Zoey can have more time in ep 10 and on. Hopefully, gradually unveiling the Zoey stuff will ingratiate her a little a better towards the people that don't like her at all.
Personally, I don't dislike Zoey. I just kind of don't care at the moment. I'm sure that will change in the future. But seeing even more singular focus on her in ep 9 might just make me averse to the character during the short-term.

Reactions: PappaSchlumpf

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I don't see how you can be disappointed in something before you actually experience it. I've had plenty of negative things to say about DPC, Zoey and the Interlude, but I can't write Episode 9 off off until I see it.

I mean, if the game isn't working for you, I get that. But in that case what difference does it make how long it takes to develop? The wait only matters if you actually want to see what comes next. And personally, I do. My faith in BaDIK has been shaken, but this is still a game with enormous potential. If Episode 9 is the best yet, I'm not going to care about the long wait or all the problems with Episode 8 (even if they might resurface later); my faith will be restored and I'll be content to wait for Episode 10. If it winds up being the worst episode, well, I'll try my best to hibernate through the rest of Season 3 and see how I feel when Season 4 rolls around. Most likely it will be somewhere between those extremes and I'll have to decide how to weight the good and bad aspects of this game against each other.

But no matter what, I'm not going to judge the episode purely on the time it takes because that's strictly a secondary matter. Like it or not, quality takes time. It's by no means the only thing that takes time, but time is necessary for a good product. The vital question is whether DPC is spending all this time on a better product, or just on a shinier wrapper.

You left out the MC's response. That was my favorite part of the joke!
View attachment 2179022

DPC releases complete seasons of 4 episodes on Steam, so it will come out once Episode 12 is complete. That's going to be at least 2 years from now, more likely 3+.
Damn, you reminded me that I was feeling antsy about the direction of ep 9 coming off from ep 8. I forgot because I was getting excited about the release date getting closer.

• Sad
Reactions: ename144

PaiLord

Aug 20, 2021
Isn't she on the left then? :p

I'm ... 100% down for that kind of scene.

Studying in college? What are you, stupid?! That's not what school is for!
But nah seriously, I think with VNs like this the character has to look amazing or has to have been endeared onto me at some point for me to be interested in seeing it.
I think Zoey looks ok, just not the best. Also while I liked her character in the Interlude, I didn't like it enough to really be all that interested in her. I think I'm ok with her kind of taking a back seat in ep 9 overall then focus on her more in ep 10.
Ep 9 could be that further character development I want to see first because half of it is how she'll interact with the whole cast (not just the MC). Though again, I'd rather have more time to see the other characters in ep 9. Unless DPC actually wrote it in a way to get her involved with everything and not make it so that her scenes are just some isolated bubble with her and the MC. We probably need to see those scenes because all the Main LI's had them but just ... not this time. Zoey can have more time in ep 10 and on. Hopefully, gradually unveiling the Zoey stuff will ingratiate her a little a better towards the people that don't like her at all.
Personally, I don't dislike Zoey. I just kind of don't care at the moment. I'm sure that will change in the future. But seeing even more singular focus on her in ep 9 might just make me averse to the character during the short-term.
SAAAAAAME. She got introduced too late into the game that we've become so invested in the "main" characters that we can't really care that much about her right now. I hope DPC nails the introduction for the new character though. How DPC will integrate Zoey into the story would be pretty interesting to read. And how she would strive to win back the MC's affection..... I can't wait for episode 9. Or 10.

Reactions: allanl9020142

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
SAAAAAAME. She got introduced too late into the game that we've become so invested in the "main" characters that we can't really care that much about her right now. I hope DPC nails the introduction for the new character though. How DPC will integrate Zoey into the story would be pretty interesting to read. And how she would strive to win back the MC's affection..... I can't wait for episode 9. Or 10.
Yea I feel pretty much the same way. I'm sure I'll like the character anyway. It's just that it's been I think a year now since ep 8, you know what I mean? I just want to get back to the main cast right now, not get caught up in some Season 1 -2 stuff all over again right out of the gate.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
I prefer updates with 5 renders and at least two bugs, in my opinion they are the optimal solution:PogChamp:

I would say there are nuances in between, or are there?

by now the new chapter is finally "little" away (a good month), let's wait and see, whether it then has 4000 or 5000 renders tells us something about how good an episode it will be? i don't think so
It will be good since so far none of the episodes was criticized as much as interlude. Judging by writing (branches), variables (getting drunk, minigames). Most people of course don't like side girls but I do. Episode 9 is the most hyped episode so far since three new main girls probably, crossroad choices and Halloween party and crazy ex-girlfriend.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
It will be good since so far none of the episodes was criticized as much as interlude. Judging by writing (branches), variables (getting drunk, minigames). Most people of course don't like side girls but I do. Episode 9 is the most hyped episode so far since three new main girls probably, crossroad choices and Halloween party and crazy ex-girlfriend.
See -VQueS- post earlier.

https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-interlude-season-3-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-9416011

There aren't gonna be three new main girls. Just a special render set for a patron chosen girl, one for each episode between 10, 11 & 12 (so no special render set for non LIs in episode 9).

But yeah, still hope it's gonna be fun.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Today is one year since the release of Episode 8.
So what? It's one man working on this game. Developing a game takes years if you're alone. If he would make this game and releasing it when it's completely done like normal studios produce their games you wouldn't get it until then. On this way we can play 8 Episodes and the Interlude part at the moment. That's better than nothing to play until it's done andn released.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
So what? It's one man working on this game. Developing a game takes years if you're alone. If he would make this game and releasing it when it's completely done like normal studios produce their games you wouldn't get it until then. On this way we can play 8 Episodes and the Interlude part at the moment. That's better than nothing to play until it's done andn released.
Friendly fire, bro. I'm not from the "dev BAD" sect. Just an interesting date. It's a Birthday.

And a reason to play the game again shortly before the release of Ep.9. Although I no longer know what to try - I probably used all possible paths and combinations of events.

maaarco2014

Jan 20, 2019
Friendly fire, bro. I'm not from the "dev BAD" sect. Just an interesting date. It's a Birthday.

And a reason to play the game again shortly before the release of Ep.9. Although I no longer know what to try - I probably used all possible paths and combinations of events.
I know ho u feel bro. Probably now we know the game better the pinkcake itself

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
we haven't had to talk about any episodes for 12 months.... (at least for now)

the distraction given by the interlude was very contained, because that was, a distraction in a huge wait.

and by at least the fifth chapter that the story is heavily branched, so good work but no new things.

we'll see on the new chapter , because to say now that it will be great , unless you have to sell it, is equally unfounded as saying it will be more or less disappointing. surely the anticipation raises expectations

in the fifth, seventh and eighth chapters we had mega free roams that ate up a big part of the chapter, of these only the one of the HOTs party I liked, we'll see what this Halloween party will be like

Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021
Is it a long development time? Yes.
(I had the same feeling for the previous episodes)

Will it be worth it? We'll find out after playing episode 9.

Following the MC's decision at the end of episode 8, we can expect this to change the structure and content of the following episodes.

For example the Halloween party, if we place it before the choice of episode 8, we would have had the MC who fucks half of the HOT, and some LI. Logically it will not happen like that anymore. At a minimum, we won't have any more sex with the ex-LIs, and certainly also less (non-sexual) scenes with them (this will also apply to the rest of the episode).

For the side girls, we do not know what is planned. If the MC gives up fucking everything that moves, it'll be a lot less lewd scenes. You have to "compensate" with the scenes of the chosen LI.

This could explain the extra development time. If we add to that, Zoey who is coming, routes that will be more exclusive, you have to get used to having episodes that take 8 or 9 months to come out.

Reactions: Lovetities
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes