KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
You know what, the more my emotions "are subsiding", the more I dislike episode 9. The more I play it, the more I dislike it.

I had stored many different gameplays (and, mind you, I've never completed a Bella path because I really can't understand why my 19 years old might be interested in a 35 years old grumpy librariar, and why a 35 years old woman with a fresh failed marriage might be interested in a 19 years old boy) - all sort of types: monogamic chick routes, multiple dating chick routes till the final decision, chaotic DIK path, monogamic Sage DIK/neutral/chick routes, Others DIK route, Others neutral route.

If I played all of them, I might see almost every ep. 9 content, but... is it worthwhile?

Honestly, while playing my 4th gameplay I stopped because I felt I was doing a chore. Yes, guys, playing them was a damn chore.

Every episode 9 subplot gameplay feels like a short wandering through the same old place with a few different changes (a couple of scenes, a few lines here and there).
Man, that's totally the opposite of what the previous episode were.

The sad sad sad sad sad truth is that even though this episode contains the most CGs and animations ever, it feels like the shortest episode ever. It feels like the infamous despised interlude.
You should actually try Bella's route, is getting interesting, she is certainly changed since the early episodes and does things she doesn't usually do, like a teacher going into a party and actually having fun, talking with her students and all that.

So there's some character development on her side and i'm sure the development doesn't end here.

And about the other changes, well it's not easy to do separated content for every girl because now DPC has the hardest work to do, branching the characters and the story altogether.

Pervy_Sage17

Apr 23, 2021
i've made a custom mod with only bella walkthrough and path related requirements available provided in it. idk if it works for everyone's saves because i took mine as reference.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
She's basically telling the MC she hopes he'll be free to fuck again, either for hook ups with her, or maybe something more serious. It's sweet, in a way :v
We all were waiting to see how the mc was gonna break up with Jill and M&J, but there were other girls who were gonna be sad to see him off the market too. Quinn took it pretty hard, doing her usual, "I don't care" defence, but totally stormed off (and didn't speak to the mc for the rest of the night). And Riona would miss being with him as well.

Although she said it was just for fun, Riona was pretty sweet on the mc. She trusted him, and she enjoyed being with him. To lose a guy like that, of course a girl's gonna be sad, and she said how she felt at the time. She was jealous.

Even Nicole was kinda bummed, but she was a good sport about it. I loved Lily's reaction though, when Nicole said she throught they were gonna date more:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Then there was Sandy, not many took it as hard as her!

The M&J break up was pretty cool though. Sure, nobody wants to see little Josy cry, and to watch her run off to hide her tears was just how it should have been, sad but realistic. And Maya, who called it before he said it, was very brave about the whole thing, virtually thanking the mc for the great experience. Like I said, that scene was well done.

The Jill breakup, on the other hand, was shit. She just sat there and fucking cried. I don't now how the fuck I'd handle that in real life! :eek: This is the same woman that would have very publicly dumped both Tybalt and the mc, one after the other, if she wasn't 100% into it. Sorry Jill, you stupid fucking banana, but not sorry! :p

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I really don't think so. This is much like, was it Episode 5? The one with the Prep's party. That one had almost no story progress - really just one or two plot points. The next episode, I suspect, will be more story focused, as was the rest of season 2. But so, the first full episode of season 3 is, as with season 2, more about reminding us of the world for the rest of the season, and setting up the central conflicts and stories for the rest of the season. Combine the Interlude and episode 9, you have the stage set for the next act.
You've got a point: now that he's in a relationship he's scrapping away a few pseudo-antagonists (Chad, Tybbie, Dawe) and environments (frat rivalry) and entering the REAL antagonists (Vinnie and Stephen Burke).

BUT... is/was the wait worth?

Bro, he's not Michelangelo and he's not painting the Sistina.

Reactions: Stingus

always86

Mar 19, 2020
I'm just have a guess for the future story.
Whoever didn't choose jill path includes me ( with small part of community) welp cuz Lily sent me out of road
I'm %100 sure Jill might end up relationship with Rusty so be ready ;)
I agree, I’ve thought that for a while. I think Rusty is an interesting area for discussion once he thread has calmed down a bit.

Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021
Im halfway thru the episode but i believe the cause of everyone's major complaint (lack of story progression) was due to DPC's decision of creating branching storylines.
The problem is not the branches created at EP8. A player a little attentive to the spirit of the game knew this was coming.

What worries me is that the branches of EP8 have grown in all directions after EP9.

The sentimental and sexual life of the MC creates a huge number of variations. It's very good, but it's worrying for the rate of release of the episodes.

A simple example. Lily and Nicole, they are always together during episode 9. At the end of the episode, we can choose one of the two. This means that for EP10 you will need a Lily solo branch, and another for Nicole solo.

Indeed, it gives the impression that the sexual/sentimental part of the MC life takes all the place, and that the other narrative arcs are put aside.

Reactions: isotope

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
After 6 playthroughs, I opened almost all the scenes except for one. What is this scene and what are the conditions for opening it? I'm probably not the first person who asking this question.

• Angry
Reactions: slackster

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
You should actually try Bella's route, is getting interesting, she is certainly changed since the early episodes and does things she doesn't usually do, like a teacher going into a party and actually having fun, talking with her students and all that.

So there's some character development on her side and i'm sure the development doesn't end here.

And about the other changes, well it's not easy to do separated content for every girl because now DPC has the hardest work to do, branching the characters and the story altogether.
Well, you know, I've been trying her route too. Truth is: I am at the end of episode 8 after I chose her, but I can't move forward after the MC-Bella dinner scene because I'm too fond of Jill and I can't stand the idea of Jill finding out about them :cry:

Reactions: Fendrall

angcal

Oct 18, 2019
Hi there I have a problem for several days with the new season (Season 3) of this game which is that when running the exe the game simply opens with a black window and after a few seconds it closes, the only thing I can attach is the log because the game does not open as such I can not attach the "traceback". I beg if anyone knows about it to give me a hand because I do not know what to do and I have tried to run it as administrator even, it is as if there is something in my system that blocks the application to open (I have tried disabling the antivirus and neither) Thanks.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I agree, I’ve thought that for a while. I think Rusty is an interesting area for discussion once he thread has calmed down a bit.
Jill was never interested in Rusty because he is a Burgmeister. Her past story clearly tells she will never be interested in a guy who comes from her inner circle environment.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
The problem is not the branches created at EP8. A player a little attentive to the spirit of the game knew this was coming.

What worries me is that the branches of EP8 have grown in all directions after EP9.

The sentimental and sexual life of the MC creates a huge number of variations. It's very good, but it's worrying for the rate of release of the episodes.

A simple example. Lily and Nicole, they are always together during episode 9. At the end of the episode, we can choose one of the two. This means that for EP10 you will need a Lily solo branch, and another for Nicole solo.

Indeed, it gives the impression that the sexual/sentimental part of the MC life takes all the place, and that the other narrative arcs are put aside.
In a few words: too many pointless side chicks in the DIK route.

Calypso345

Aug 9, 2017
Yep. Why i'm so sure if u ask
Cuz Jill asked MCs opinion about him out of nowhere
But another thing came up after season 3
Maybe we can manipulate Jill to become a bad girl that would be awesome tbh
Jill was never interested in Rusty because he is a Burgmeister. Her past story clearly tells she will never be interested in a guy who comes from her inner circle environment.
Yeah thats true but after that she gives hints about considering it

Reactions: Johnyy27
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes