Roundell

Sep 16, 2022
The Jill/Sage thing would have worked by simply flipping the order. Jill texts/calls Fuckface to see if he's available, he says yes and she arranges everything. Fuckface then talks to Sage and finds out she's feeling a bit ill, he's already made plans with Jill and isn't obligated to help Sage. If Fuckface then cancels date with Jill to help Sage then Jill would be entitled to be a bit annoyed by it and question how invested Fuckface is with her.
It could have worked better, for sure, but again, IRL, MC would have called Jill to say "I'm sorry, but a friend of mine is sick and has asked me to take care of her and I couldn't say no. Could we postpone our date until afternoon?" I don't think Jill would be upset because of that. Again, DPC should have came out with something better.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Having a different preference or perspective is hardly being a troll. The guy who you replied to has Jill and Maya at the bottom of his preference. You have Jill near the top. Maya is my 3rd favorite while Jill is not only dead last in my BaDIK list, beating Zoey, Jade and Bella, but also in my top 5 of least liked characters I've ever encountered in a VN so far.

I could write a dissertation on why I despise Jill but it's late here and I really want to go to bed. It's not even about the model. Despite her fugly face I could still stand her if it wasn't for her personality. Take the events immediately after she takes him in when MC is jumped by Chad. The way she dismisses her privileged life right after the MC shares his dad's struggles while raising him with little to no money. I mean wtf. How callous and insensitive can someone be? And then ofc ratting out Chad when my MC confided in her and made it clear he didn't want her to snitch. Trust was utterly broken at that moment. She didn't give a fuck about him or his feelings and wishes. She is self-absorbed, self-righteous, arrogant and borderline mean when shit doesn't go her way. I get a sense of absolute fakeness everytime she says a word. You want a clearer display of selfishness than her attitude when MC says he has to bail on their date to take care of an ill friend? (Sage)

You are entitled to your opinion about Jill. however you cannot dimiss that of others when there are dozens of examples in the first 8 chapters that paint Jill in a VERY bad light. To me she is despicable and I want nothing to do with her.
I fully understand having them top or bottom of your list... but that's not the same as saying someone is "bad" and "bottom of the barrel". I am entitled to my opinion, and I can't stand men who treat women like shit, even if only fictional, it's still a shit attitude. Anyhow, I have some people to add to my ignore list.

As for your ingame choices, how you treat, or mistreat Jill is fully up to YOU, the player and says nothing at all about the character.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
It could have worked better, for sure, but again, IRL, MC would have called Jill to say "I'm sorry, but a friend of mine is sick and has asked me to take care of her and I couldn't say no. Could we postpone our date until afternoon?" I don't think Jill would be upset because of that. Again, DPC should have came out with something better.
As someone so obsessed with destiny she probably would have been offended that Fuckface was cancelling a date he had agreed to.

I agree it could have been handled better but it does seem around that time in the story DPC was trying to force branches and wasn't very good at it (see Cathy taking off her panties to give Fuckface a blowjob for another example). I think that's why we got the straight crossroads choice at the end of ep 8 rather than graduated changes when relationships naturally reached the points of commitment (only Jill and (debatably) the throuple) were at that stage in ep 8, relationships with Sage and Bella weren't really there yet.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
It's mostly jokes and memes, I think. Most of the people don't actually hates Jill. I myself find her path somehow boring compared with others because she's too perfect and her path seems to go on rails (destiny). It's not an emotional rollercoaster like Sage's, Bella's or Quinn's. Also, somehow DPC fucked up her face with the mouth, eyebrows and the makeup. She's sweet and gorgeous when she's serious, but when she smiles she becomes an evil racoon. Hence the memes. But I don't dislike her as a character. She has really cute moments and for sure she cares about MC, maybe more than any other girl. And I can be wrong, but I think most of the people think the same.
Don't get me wrong, she is NOT my main path, Bella is for me. But I don't see all this "bad" about her. I think because she's harder to get in the sack some guys get angry at that. I like that about her. In real life she would be a great choice as if you ever married her, she would most likely remain loyal to you. But... to each his own. I totally understand different tastes for people, she's not my first either... but saying she's "bad" and somehow a mean person etc... etc... etc... I have to wonder about some people. I need to stop reading in here I think as I have an inbuilt switch that makes me annoyed when i see "men" badmouthing decent women.... fictional or not.

Reactions: Roundell

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I mean, he did give you 8 episodes to find out your best buddy Derek's last name, so...
MC has known Derek for 8 weeks..... It's the standard to know the family name of your father and mother unless there's specific situations like being foundling and such... There's really no way MC does not know his mother's family name... You need your birth certificate at least a few times before you even go to college....
And lets be fair, MC not knowing Derek's family name for that long already is a stretch... You're in the same class..

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
IRL people calls or texts others to ask if are free to hang out. IRL, MC would say to Jill by phone "I'm sorry I can't hang out with you right now because I have to take care of a friend with flu, but I can later/tomorrow/next week", and Jill would say "Oh, you are such a great guy for taking care of your friend. Of course, see you later/tomorrow/next week". As simple as that. DPC wanted to make the player choose between Jill and Sage and only came out with that quick&dirty solution. He could have come out with something better, for sure.
It also annoys me when people frame it as “Jill dumps the MC because he helped a friend” or something similar. They see it as her being spiteful.

It isn’t that Jill dislikes the MC for his decision it’s that without the date she doesn’t fall for him.

Selecting Sage misses out on Jill crying over the mother story, on taking the MC to the tree that’s so special to her. They don’t have the discussion about Tybalts lies, the MC never tells her he’s falling for her.

Far too many times people think she’s a bitch because she doesn’t just fall in love with the MC over nothing.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes