dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
A reference to How I Met Your Mother in a recent preview. Probably we should already count the number of references to HIMYM in the game. There are a lot of them.

View attachment 2449540
View attachment 2449541
Good point. I know HIMYM, but it hasn't been one of my favorite shows, which is why I've only watched it sporadically.

But I have noticed so BaDIK parallels several movies and TV series. Given the fact that DPC liked watching college movies of the likes of American Pie and HIMYM also aired in the same time period, it's quite possible so he was inspired by HIMYM as well.

Matrix is a good example. That scene when the MC went with Tommy MILF bar McAllens, the MC watched the girl in the red girl after.

Or the scene from DNG2 when the Icequeen cut Josy's throat, kind of reminds me of Braveheart when William Wallace's wife had her throat cut.

Also there are hints of the movie Troy. Even Neil said so it was a Greek thing and all of a sudden MC is running around as a Spartan and Sally has an original Greek costume on.

Transformers somehow plays into it, too. You can't demand the matrix of leadership (Vinny), you have to earn it (MC).

I figure so DPC got inspired by several movies and that went into BaDIK.

Last edited:
Reactions: osculim

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
Tommy will never become president of the DIKs because he will leave college at the same time as Rusty. But it's already about Rusty's successor.

But then why is Tommy such an ass? Tommy has shaped the history of DIKs more than Rusty and Tommy wants so that this history will continue to be written like that. But the MC will write the history of DIKs the way the player plays the MC. DIK, NEUTRAL or CHICK. With a DIK MC Tommy per se I have no further problems, but with a NEUTRAL or CHICK MC Tommy will be listed as the founder in the history of the DIKs but still end up as a footnote.
I think a lot of his crap stems from his drug use. I have a feeling eventually one character or another going to OD at some point.

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
It could also be that Vinny switched the weapons. I rather assume that. This creates two possibilities.

Vinny shot someone with this gun and wants to pin it on Tommy. That's why my MC won't hit Vinny, because otherwise the blood of him will be on the gun.

Tommy plays around with the alleged prop gun, maybe he just wants to scare someone and an accident happens.
Even if your blood is on the gun. Forensics would easily establish that you have been hit with it and clear you of ever using the gun. It would actually make your case better. Since you have been attacked with it. You would be able to throw whoever is using it under the bus. So screw Vinny I still punch him.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Even if your blood is on the gun. Forensics would easily establish that you have been hit with it and clear you of ever using the gun. It would actually make your case better. Since you have been attacked with it. You would be able to throw whoever is using it under the bus. So screw Vinny I still punch him.
Hahaha.

But if the blood from the MC is on the weapon, it must be investigated if someone was shot with this weapon. Thus the MC comes under suspicion because the MC has no bullet wounds. Dangerous game.

Reactions: osculim

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Good point. I know HIMYM, but it hasn't been one of my favorite shows, which is why I've only watched it sporadically.

But I have noticed so BaDIK parallels several movies and TV series. Given the fact that DPC liked watching college movies of the likes of American Pie and HIMYM also aired in the same time period, it's quite possible so he was inspired by HIMYM as well.

Matrix is a good example. That scene when the MC went with Tommy MILF bar McAllens, the MC watched the girl in the red girl after.

Or the scene from DNG2 when the Icequeen cut Josy's throat, kind of reminds me of Braveheart when William Wallace's wife had her throat cut.

Also there are hints of the movie Troy. Even Neil said so it was a Greek thing and all of a sudden MC is running around as a Spartan and Sally has an original Greek costume on.

I figure so DPC got inspired by several movies and that went into BaDIK.
Now that you mention DNG I've always wondered if it's some kind of foreshadowing. There's A LOT of readings you can make from these scenes, and it's surprisingly complex.

It could also be that Vinny switched the weapons. I rather assume that. This creates two possibilities.

Vinny shot someone with this gun and wants to pin it on Tommy. That's why my MC won't hit Vinny, because otherwise the blood of him will be on the gun.

Tommy plays around with the alleged prop gun, maybe he just wants to scare someone and an accident happens.
That would imply that Tommy lied to Quinn, and he has no reasons to do it. So for now the easiest explanation is that he did tell Quinn the truth.

Last edited:

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
the stuff with Vinny and the gun could come to the att'n of the cops, but what if as some people think, and i thought this too at one point, that Lily is an undercover cop and Vinny is one of her targets. she would be able to vouch for the mc in the case of anything to do with Vinny's gun. if the game goes in that direction where a crime happens at some point, the mc is not on the radar of the cops for any reason. but Vinny most likely is since he is a drug dealer. and now that someone brought it up, perhaps Tommy od's since he is using harder drugs than just weed. and since Tommy is a dumbass maybe he dies or ends up in rehab and Vinny is the one that dies. since i hate him already i am good with that.

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
Hahaha.

But if the blood from the MC is on the weapon, it must be investigated if someone was shot with this weapon. Thus the MC comes under suspicion because the MC has no bullet wounds. Dangerous game.
No for sure they would investigate. But your fingerprints are not on the gun. So it would be a very easy case to beat. Still dangerous as you said but yeah.

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
the stuff with Vinny and the gun could come to the att'n of the cops, but what if as some people think, and i thought this too at one point, that Lily is an undercover cop and Vinny is one of her targets. she would be able to vouch for the mc in the case of anything to do with Vinny's gun. if the game goes in that direction where a crime happens at some point, the mc is not on the radar of the cops for any reason. but Vinny most likely is since he is a drug dealer. and now that someone brought it up, perhaps Tommy od's since he is using harder drugs than just weed. and since Tommy is a dumbass maybe he dies or ends up in rehab and Vinny is the one that dies. since i hate him already i am good with that.
I won't be surprised the whole fact that you think its a prop gun is going to get someone shot for real with the bloody thing eventually.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes