osculim

Aug 21, 2019
Whether they are customers or donors is completely irrelevant, because neither of the two is forced to spend his money. That's what it's important to understand, my even smaller friend.

Furthermore, it is Patreon, not DPC, that is incorrectly named as donors. We consume what DPC creates. Ergo, it is a product. Consequently, we are customers, not donors. You can't blame DPC for that.
Actually no you are both. You bought the game your a customer. You support him in completing the game you are a donor or investor.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
Whether they are customers or donors is completely irrelevant, because neither of the two is forced to spend his money. That's what it's important to understand, my even smaller friend.

Furthermore, it is Patreon, not DPC, that is incorrectly named as donors. We consume what DPC creates. Ergo, it is a product. Consequently, we are customers, not donors. You can't blame DPC for that.
F95zone reached the apex.

We're on a pirate site and we can't criticize the absurd amount of money DPC charges for certain "benefits" without one of his ass kissers showing up to give us a lecture about how people donate money to support DPC and not to receive benefits.

This world has gone wrong... very wrong...

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017

We're on a pirate site and we can't criticize the absurd amount of money DPC charges for certain "benefits" without one of his ass kissers showing up to give us a lecture about how people donate money to support DPC and not to receive benefits.

Nice try to insult me. But this has nothing to do with ass-kissing, but with common sense.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Mtmtmt007

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
My final word on this thing is. It is sad how money changes people. Going from a humble guy that is just happy that people support his game and asking for donations to finish it on page 1 of this forum to charging these insane amounts of money for things. Anyway it is what it is.

c0gnomen

Dec 25, 2022

We all have different opinions, but we also have something in common. Our love for Being a DIK. Isn't that what really matters? This is the bond that unites us.

Reactions: Lexkar83

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
But someone who has been a $10 (for example) patron for 5 years can't access this image, but someone who subscribes for $40 today can see that picture and then immediately cancel the subscription. That's the element that's unfair regarding the patreon system and this sort of perk. This is not just on DPC, it's on every person who offers things on patreon and on patreon itself as a company. I don't believe there's a way on the site to offer perks to longstanding patrons at any level rather than just high value patrons of any length of time, perks should be linked to total amount donated over time, not just being able to afford a high amount for one month. That's what makes it fundamentally unfair to people in developing countries, who may just be able to afford to be a low level subscriber and have been for years.
this more or less applied to me. i was a low tier supporter ($5 a month) since right after AL was put up on this site, and stayed that way for many years. until we got to a super severe dry spell here and i upped it to $40 a month in order to post the preview pictures here so we had something to talk about and think about.

there wasnt really any reason if i basically supported him from the early days and had already paid him more than enough to buy the game at full price a few times over, that i shouldnt be allowed access to the stuff at the $40 dollar tier just for being a loyal supporter for many years. it's a rigged game and the scales are heavily weighted towards greed, as opposed to rewarding loyal donors or just overall appearing more grateful that people like me existed and were giving him money in the first place

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
But someone who has been a $10 (for example) patron for 5 years can't access this image, but someone who subscribes for $40 today can see that picture and then immediately cancel the subscription. That's the element that's unfair regarding the patreon system and this sort of perk. This is not just on DPC, it's on every person who offers things on patreon and on patreon itself as a company. I don't believe there's a way on the site to offer perks to longstanding patrons at any level rather than just high value patrons of any length of time, perks should be linked to total amount donated over time, not just being able to afford a high amount for one month. That's what makes it fundamentally unfair to people in developing countries, who may just be able to afford to be a low level subscriber and have been for years.
Is there really idiots ready to pay 40$ just to see an image, this is the usual price for a good indy game and many AAA games are at that price after a while.
This Patreon system is starting to get corrupted, it should be a sponsorship only and not a market place where you buy some features or addons.
I guess that Patreon doesn't react just because they get their share from that money.
What DPC does on Patreon is not really wrong but it's quite on the edge of breaking the rules.

Reactions: Bubba McSmith

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
What do you mean not all of the sudden. All renders from the same series are in lower tiers and then suddenly people want this one. So its like lets screw the lower tier people and charge them $40. Come on now this is to make more money out of people. Capitalism at its finest. As for expecting more in a higher tier sure You can get "other" extra perks with your higher sub but leave the same series in same tiers heck if you really want to make another render for those higher tier people then. I will be fine with that. And yes I am also a patreon and bought the game. And this whole thing about this being a pirate site from some people. Yeah its like the pot calling the kettle black what are they doing here. Not one person here can tell me they haven't pirated a mp3 or a movie or at least something in their lives. Anyone that say that is lier.

The Zoey special render pic, which is not part of the clone series, was for $40 patrons, but that's nothing new - DPC has made things like that for upper level patrons before. That's not part of the clone series. The Mel clone series picture is available to all patrons. I JUST downloaded it for a $1 patronage. So again, what is all of a sudden??? Which render are you talking about????

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
The Zoey special render pic, which is not part of the clone series, was for $40 patrons, but that's nothing new - DPC has made things like that for upper level patrons before. That's not part of the clone series. The Mel clone series picture is available to all patrons. I JUST downloaded it for a $1 patronage. So again, what is all of a sudden??? Which render are you talking about????
Who the heck said anything about the clone series. No idea where you got that from. Anyway I am done discussing this. You can have your views its all good and I will have mine.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Who the heck said anything about the clone series. No idea where you got that from. Anyway I am done discussing this. You can have your views its all good and I will have mine.
This is the first picture from the Zoey special render preview released, so how could it possibly be that "other renders from this series" were released for lower tier patrons?

Edit: I just checked, and going all the way back to Season 1, the special render previews have been released as perks for different tiers, and since season 3 it has included a few at the $30 tier, and one or more at the $40 tier. This isn't "my view," it is a simple statement of fact - this is exactly how DPC has ALWAYS handled the release of special render previews.

A whole lot of bitching about something you'll get to see when the game is release, if you ask me.

Last edited:
Reactions: sava75 and shazba

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
God, what are you doing here without me, it was worth going to sleep for a few hours, and returned to see here is a big posting about DPC's financial behavior. :KEK:
Well, at least not another waifu war.
Well once you have one of the more successful AVN series out there... You can do as you please. Supply and demand. But, hey, be thankful DPC actually does shit. Could be far far far worse. Milfy City or Halfway house Devs? Hah. At least DPC actually does something!

We shouldn't complain though. Imagine moaning about not get a single image when we pirate a whole host of things. Madness.

XCharlie

Apr 28, 2021

There's a reason the audience loves him.
Name any other creator in this genre who is as hard working as him with a top notch quality content.

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
Your comparison is not correct.

A car manufacturer, let's take Mercedes, also has several models in its portfolio. As a buyer of a vehicle, you can't expect to get an S Class for the price of an A Class, for example.

The same is true for DPC Patreon. If the Patreon only pays $20, he can't get the goods (pictures) of the $40 level. This is market economy.
This analogy isn't suitable for this case, a S Class Mercedes has significant higher construction costs than an A Class (the materials used, the amount of workers hours assembling and some other things, even when you exclude the S Class tip). The previews DPC is giving his donors doesn't have this this higher costs, as they are all (mostly) used in the game, their costs also are included in the overall costs of the game.

But i agree with the term that giving higher donations sometimes includes some benefits, this is how Patreon and their system works. As long people are willing to pay for a higher tier, this would be the way developers do this to earn more money to increase the count of higher tiers.

Reactions: dalli_x

NH1980

Feb 3, 2023
Hi,

Having completed Season 1 and 2 I'm now going back and playing again to create an end-game save-point for each of the pathes.

Currently on the Josy and Maya having selected 'Sleep on the Floor' at the end of Chapter 4 but I note that I'm equally on the Jill path because I've been a real chick to ensure Josy and Maya are happy with me. But I'm a little worried that I am too CHICK to continue on the Josy and Maya path - are they happy with that or do they need me to be a little less CHICK?

Is there a guide that spells out what conditions you need for each path. Most are pretty obvious but the Josy and Maya ones are a little less clear.

Also not sure whether I can use much of the same path for Jill and Bella.

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
Hi,

Having completed Season 1 and 2 I'm now going back and playing again to create an end-game save-point for each of the pathes.

Currently on the Josy and Maya having selected 'Sleep on the Floor' at the end of Chapter 4 but I note that I'm equally on the Jill path because I've been a real chick to ensure Josy and Maya are happy with me. But I'm a little worried that I am too CHICK to continue on the Josy and Maya path - are they happy with that or do they need me to be a little less CHICK?

Is there a guide that spells out what conditions you need for each path. Most are pretty obvious but the Josy and Maya ones are a little less clear.

Also not sure whether I can use much of the same path for Jill and Bella.
There are some scenes with josy and maya you only get if you are neutral titflash from josy as Ive been made aware last night and you can only cuddle with maya instead of fingering her. But then you loose out on the lapfuck with maya because that requires chick.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Hi,

Currently on the Josy and Maya having selected 'Sleep on the Floor' at the end of Chapter 4
Why would you do that? :ROFLMAO:

But I'm a little worried that I am too CHICK to continue on the Josy and Maya path - are they happy with that or do they need me to be a little less CHICK?

I don't think you can be too "Chick" for them. If I remember correctly (at least as of 0.9) it doesn't matter how far DIK or CHICK you go AFTER the decision to continue the relationship with both.

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
I don't think you can be too "Chick" for them. If I remember correctly (at least as of 0.9) it doesn't matter how far DIK or CHICK you go AFTER the decision to continue the relationship with both.
He will just need to compromise on what scenes he can live without. Other than that its pretty much no biggy.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes