lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
I'm still planning the episode, adding events, and creating its structure. I'm aiming for a smaller episode than episode 9, and time will tell if I can do that
I checked what I'd done and what was left to do, and visually seeing this progress made me realize that episode 10 would be another big one
And time spoke his word: "No, he can't"
onestly I don't get that criticism. If you look at some of the best VNs in this forum (according to the overall average rating), they all take like 4-5 months for their updates and BaD is probably the most complex with the most permutations by now. So taking about 6 months for an update is not as outragiously long as a lot of people make it out to be.
We are not in a 6 months cycle for a release. We are in a 8-9 months cycle for a release and increasing. Pretty sure will reach a full year cycle until the end of the season.

89898hh

Sep 4, 2017

View attachment 2527307

I started the week posing static renders and finished a longer Jill scene. After this, I revisited the planning phase for episode 10, trying to map out the remaining events on the episode timeline and plan some more.

I checked what I'd done and what was left to do, and visually seeing this progress made me realize that episode 10 would be another big one. I believe I have mapped out close to everything I want in the episode now, which feels great.
Then I spent part of the week writing dialogue and coding for the phone and generally had a very good flow.

I've done a lot so far, especially when you account for most of the mini-games being completed and added to the episode, but I have plenty of manual labor left.
I counted the segments on the timeline and found that I have created 29/51 (57%) parts and have 22/51 (43%) parts left to create.

Of those remaining 22 parts, 4 are free-roam events (two small ones, one medium-sized, and one long), and the rest are lewd and normal scenes. The parts range from short to long, and some include multiple different scenes and variations.
I've been bumping my render and animation quality in Season 3, but my render power has more or less stayed the same for quite some time now. I decided to invest a lot more into hardware and am currently in the process of upgrading my systems with 4090s and building brand-new rigs.

It's unreal to me that I can do this at this scale. My thoughts go back to the first year of development when I had a single PC with one 1080 Ti and had to wait months to afford more RAM. I'm immensely thankful for being able to do this upgrade, and it's all thanks to you guys.

At the moment, I have upgraded my systems with +50% extra render power. Shortly, I plan to increase that to roughly 90% total extra power compared to before the upgrade. This means these upgrades will almost double my render speed, pushing the bottleneck further toward manual labor - which is me sitting by the PC working.

The upgrade I did this week immediately affected my render queue. I have 0 static renders in the queue for the first time in months, and only 26 animations remain. I believe these animations will be done within 1-2 weeks.

The good thing now is knowing that the renders and animations I pose will render twice as fast. This puts more pressure on my manual work but alleviates the waiting time at the end of the development cycle.

As I already see results from the PC upgrade, I will return to posing animations next week.

I love the game development right now, and the hardest thing for me is to choose what I want to work with every day because there are a lot of fun scenes left to create. Let's fucking go!

Have a nice weekend
Dr PinkCake
Only criticism I have is the free roam events. Just not a huge fan of them and they seem to take up alot of time in the dev process

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes