dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Uh. I don't know about everyone else but I'd rather the Interlude characters not show up in the main game. It just sounds kind of contrived and DPC already has a huge cast of characters to handle.

Those characters seemed to only have been written to provide more depth to Zoey's introduction. Their stories were also pretty much wrapped up by the end and it didn't really look like there'd be any reason to suddenly leave San Diego and suddenly show up wherever MC and Zoey are now. Unless it was something sudden and life-altering but also something Zoey could do about (whether consoling or actively help). Which is why it'd be really contrived to have them come back.

Even if DPC does another ass pull like that, what purpose does that serve? They're support characters of someone who you can't even pursue yet. Which means they're tertiary characters at best. Or secondary characters of a secondary character at worst. They have nothing to do with the MC or anyone at the school. BADIK is MC's story, not Zoey's. At best, you could say that one cluck post he saw was because of that one jealous tattoo woman but that's not really something that needs a reapperance to address and it'd just be another stupid subplot no one asked for if she did show back up.

Not everything needs to be interconnected. Just let DPC take the "L" on the Interlude and pray that he doesn't make one about Madame.
imagine so the Interlude characters will play a role. DPC has done a lot of work with it. How many complain that DPC could have included Interlude as an intro in EP9 should actually be proof enough.

I got a lot of facepalms when I wrote way before Interlude for Zoey to come back. The only thing that's funny now is that most people know it. I got a lot of facepalms when I wrote way before Interlude about Zoey being older than the MC. In Interlude, Zoey was confirmed to be a year older than the MC.

That's why I'm writing ahead so Emma knows Isabella. Why? In EP5 we learn that when Isabella went to college, she came from further away. She met some friends from her high school days, but she also wanted to make new friends. This is not an invention of mine.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
She met former friends from her high school years in college. But Isabella definitely had several friends in high school. Maybe even those who were never accepted to college. She came from far away. San Diego far? In terms of appearance, Isabella fits San Diego. But it doesn't stop there. Emma and Bret have known each other for a long time, probably since high school. We know that Emma took a quick trip to Las Vegas but came back. Bret was always in San Diego. But the most important thing is so that we know, so that Emma and Bret tattooed each other and learned to tattoo.

Isabella will definitely have traveled home at one time or another during her college years. That's not unusual. She will also have met up with former high school friends. Not unusual either. Isabella was currently between 18 and 22 years old.

Emma has two tattoos on her arms. Isabella and Bret. Before we start again, that's Isabella and Bret on Emma's arm. All three were between 18 and 20 years old when the tattoos were created. Bret had curls at the time, which was a few years ago. A tattoo is difficult to change. It's the same with Isabella. There's nothing wrong with Emma and Bret being Isabella's high school friends. But there is this connection. DPC creates a connection between Interlude and BaDIK with Isabella, only this connection is in the past. MC just gets to know Isabella. So we have this connection from BaDIK to Interlude. Zoey then brings in a second connection, but one that concerns more in the present.

Anyone who still thinks that Interlude was important simply doesn't recognize the facts. DPC himself wrote so that he had to make Interlude for the reason that connections could be made out. But if you want to deny it, please. It's not my decision.

DPC explained Isabella's past well with the College Flashback and Interlude. But DPC left one thing open in Isabella's College Review. It is clearly written that Isabella wants to make new friends in college and that old high school friends are also in this college. I didn't make that up, it's written.

Now I'm wondering who these old high school friends and Isabella's new college friends are. A few thoughts from me. Alison, Iris Mooore-Clive, Helen Bailey-Patrick Bailey, Lana Royce, Monica Taylor-Pete Taylor, Cathy Jones, Lynette, maybe the mother Quinn or Sage, etc. But there is no real clue pointing in one direction yet .

But one thing is certain. Isabella is the main connection between Interlude and BaDIK as far as the past is concerned. Zoey is a connection between Interlude and BaDIK, which concerns more of the present.

Let's get to the crucial one. Zoey told Bret that they would not only talk on the phone but also meet up. The only question is where. San Diego or in the BaDIK world. For me there is no doubt that we will see one or two characters from Interlude in BaDIK in the future. The information is there.

Oct 9, 2021
So. As usual, I sat and did nothing.:HideThePain:
A few days ago, I used neural networks to generate a more realistic Quinn and a younger realistic Quinn.
And since I'm sitting here kicking dicks,:KEK: I decided to edit them a little in Photoshop to make it look a little more similar.
On the adult Quinn, I painted the eyes green because, for some reason, the model I was generating the realistic Quinn from was grey.
And in the game they are green, so I decided to paint them green.
I also painted her lips black and added piercings.
But I didn’t do arrows on her eyes, because they are difficult for me.:HideThePain:
Young Quinn, I just painted her eyes and that's it.
She's about 12 there and I'm not sure if it's appropriate to get a piercing at 12 years old.:WaitWhat:
And I didn't paint her lips because I'm lazy. :KEK:
So, here's what I got:
View attachment 3099239
Quinn and Amelia.jpg

Anyone? Anyone?... No just me I guess.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I think to myself that it could be even worse than we think. That didn't leave me alone and I noticed something.
The word "Destroyer" contains the name "Troy".
Jesus Fuckin Christ. Don't post shit like that at me this early in the morning. It's just comin on 5am. I just got up a few ago and haven't had my first cup of coffee yet. Give me a bit to have some coffee and chew on this a bit.

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
Uh. I don't know about everyone else but I'd rather the Interlude characters not show up in the main game. It just sounds kind of contrived and DPC already has a huge cast of characters to handle.

Those characters seemed to only have been written to provide more depth to Zoey's introduction. Their stories were also pretty much wrapped up by the end and it didn't really look like there'd be any reason to suddenly leave San Diego and suddenly show up wherever MC and Zoey are now. Unless it was something sudden and life-altering but also something Zoey could do about (whether consoling or actively help). Which is why it'd be really contrived to have them come back.

Even if DPC does another ass pull like that, what purpose does that serve? They're support characters of someone who you can't even pursue yet. Which means they're tertiary characters at best. Or secondary characters of a secondary character at worst. They have nothing to do with the MC or anyone at the school. BADIK is MC's story, not Zoey's. At best, you could say that one cluck post he saw was because of that one jealous tattoo woman but that's not really something that needs a reapperance to address and it'd just be another stupid subplot no one asked for if she did show back up.

Not everything needs to be interconnected. Just let DPC take the "L" on the Interlude and pray that he doesn't make one about Madame.
My biggest problem was that he pulled an interlewd (hehe lewd) with what was basically an unknown background character at the midpoint in the story. Respectfully, it's too late to introduce Zoey and none of the groundwork had been laid.

However I actually think interludes could really flesh out some of the characters and be really fun. Seeing a mini episode based on say, Rusty and Tommy's early shenanigans has hilarious potential. Or maybe we get hilarious off couple interlude, featuring sultry sulking Sally and adorable fish out of water KRJ. Perhaps we could have a sweet little story about how JB and Elena got together.

However the KEY, I think, to these interludes is to not lose development time. Admit it, if the Zoey special hadn't delayed Ep 9 by two months, then it would be mostly regarded as quirky little nothing by fans.

So how does DPC accomplish this? He needs to hire a few worker bees to code, render and animate. He could still write, and he should manage the entire thing, but with just three workers he could essentially free up 90% of the time he devotes to the thing and it would still be his baby, and it's not like the worker bees would be contributing to the main game anyway. Best of both worlds.

I think people could really get excited for that. I know I would bem

• Thinking Face
Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I got a lot of facepalms when I wrote way before Interlude for Zoey to come back. The only thing that's funny now is that most people know it. I got a lot of facepalms when I wrote way before Interlude about Zoey being older than the MC. In Interlude, Zoey was confirmed to be a year older than the MC.
Oh come on, you obviously didnt get facepalm for predicting a most cliche, predictable garbage twist of the return of an ex-girlfriend. :rolleyes: :whistle:

don't think you earned a medal for it or something :LOL:, most people don't wanted to happen, ( not that they not assumed ) because it's garbage writing, the same way as it would be garbage if mc is a Burgmeister , or half of the current plot,
where we need to swallow the Suspension of disbelief pills in almost every case:ROFLMAO:

you obviously got a facepalm, because you likely added a bunch of nonsense to it, like you did now:ROFLMAO:(y)
:coffee::coffee:

Last edited:

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I think to myself that it could be even worse than we think. That didn't leave me alone and I noticed something.
The word "Destroyer" contains the name "Troy".
Ok. Umm... It's too early for this shit. But, you had me onboard until your BH theory. At this point, you totally lost me. I was always pretty sure none of this started over Tommy bangin Aerith(sp). I had a sneakin suspicion that Tommy somehow found out about Chad and Troy. Then when Tommy saw Trem had issues with Chad/jocks, he decided to blackmail Chad and Dawe, knowing full well Trem would take the brunt of the Alphas anger. Tommy is total lil bitch piece of shit and I really think he's Vinny's inside punk. I also see that Tommy is now seeing Trem in a different light and that's why he stopped Vinny in Trem's room. Too little, too late. So fuck him and Vinny.

But until you wrote all that, I just figured it was my hatred towards Tommy kickin in as usual. So, that part of your theory sounds legit to me.

Now, I need more coffee. I officialy don't like you anymore, dalli. Making me use my brain this early in the fuckin mornin. :ROFLMAO: Just jokin, bro.

Last edited:

SirDawcio

Sep 22, 2020
well I'm going to wait for chapter 10 to see if I finally get to like zoey, I don't hate the character but neither does she catch my attention, I'm in the middle of total disinterest with that character, well let's see what happens. :BootyTime:
I like that she's pretty chill, seems that San Diego made her far more mature than any of the gal at B&R. She's the only person who's like "you guys are weird, but I like it". Her humor and way of speaking, still don't know if I enjoy it or not, but I will give it another go.

Party planner, huh?

Wait, what's wrong with Maya in that?

Or are you just laughing at her stupid, new hairstyle? LOLOLOL.
Tbh at first I didn't mind the hair, but after seeing how it offended people, I decided to troll a little bit. And Maya's stans are worse than anything Karamba, Joshy, or Dalli could come up with.

So the MC chick is officially canon. :KEK: :KEK:
I dislike the idea of a canon, especially if it is not required for a possible sequel. But if Interlude says anything about MC canon, is that he was a chick before the story started. What comes after is all up to us, the players.

BonkTime

Jan 11, 2021
Oh come on, you obviously didnt get facepalm for predicting a most cliche, predictable garbage twist of the return of an ex-girlfriend. :rolleyes: :whistle:

don't think you earned a medal for it or something :LOL:, most people don't wanted to happen, ( not that they not assumed ) because it's garbage writing, the same way as it would be garbage if mc is a Burgmeister , or half of the current plot,
where we need to swallow the Suspension of disbelief pills in almost every case:ROFLMAO:

you obviously got a facepalm, because the you likely added a bunch of nonsense to it, like you did now:ROFLMAO:(y)
:coffee::coffee:
Pretty sure anyone with any kind of lit degree would say it would be bad writing if Zoey was mentioned and then didn't come up later.

Like Cliches are cliches because they are essentially accepted writing logic. Hell whenever a game or movie spends time on a character without having them come back later or be a major part of the story people get angry about that. Example: Historia in AoT.

Now I will agree, this is a form of media in which we don't need to be so locked down into the rules of writing. But I think people talking shit like you are only hurt that. Who is going to try new things when people are being judgemental assholes?

Personally I'm totally fine with the Zero to Hero plot, going from a no name nothing and turning out to be basically royalty, I'm chill with that, I even like it. Because you say it's a garbage cliche, but it's something you can only experience in fiction. 99.999999% of people who think they are a nobody, are in fact a nobody. It's not really an exciting alternative, and if you want himself to make himself a somebody. It would be more fantastical if he manages that without being crushed by someone with power and money while in uni than him being a long lost member of a powerful family himself.

Besides, DPC's writing is fantastic in the character interactions. You can interesting, non tv sterilized interactions between people within what could otherwise be just a trope. You get to experience the day to day life of how that plays out in a way you never will from a movie.

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Returning to Isabella, her possible child and so on. While making another non-standard run and preparing additional save, and reading the dialogues a little more carefully than usual, I came across this:

It can only be a reaction to the excessive overplaying of the situation and jokes about their first date, when the waiter called MC her son. On the other hand, it may be a reaction to the fact that the MC calls her "mommy", as her son or daughter did, and this causes her discomfort and painful memories. Although I still think that some kind of dark story with a child is unlikely, but such dialogues give some clues. I hope it's still because of the awkwardness and the feeling of the age difference.

Hint here is between "mom" and "mommy" I suppose, if it's the case at all. Mommy - it's how little children calls their mothers usually. In a contrast, Tybalt while being a 20+ guy still calls his parents (adopted, btw) mommy and daddy. And both MC and Josy finds that strange. Maya stays silent as usual or haven't a change to say a word about it, while Sage seemed to be used to that and can't immideately explain that, because it's not the right place for such conversations.

Another hint - Bella's behaviour against MC, if he decides to stay in her house after J&M incident. She acts as a "mom" there. It's not just a friendly conversation and consoling, but it looks more like a mom & son attitude.

On the other hand, in EP9 she thinks of MC as if he is a James. During the dance, during the sex, etc.

Bella, Bella... What's in your head? :oops:

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Pretty sure anyone with any kind of lit degree would say it would be bad writing if Zoey was mentioned and then didn't come up later.
No. Literally no one give a fuck about it if she would never have returned.:ROFLMAO: That is a fact. it is not bad writing if a character is mentioned and then never show up . She was his past a memory and should have stay that way , nothing more.

Especially Because Josy was already taking the place of the " one who almost got away " kind of " ex-girlfriend ".:whistle:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
following the same logic we will then meet Maya's mother, Josy's stepmother and biological mother, Sage's biological mother and at this point Quinn's?

And unfortunately, I also believe that we will have to go through this....

the way Zoey was told to us, it's not like her return was mandatory, there was no unfinished business, it took the interlude to turn an independent girl who had gone to pursue her dream and made a life for herself far away, into another girl who cannot live without MC

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
following the same logic we will then meet Maya's mother, Josy's stepmother and biological mother, Sage's biological mother and at this point Quinn's?

And unfortunately, I also believe that we will have to go through this....

the way Zoey was told to us, it's not like her return was mandatory, there was no unfinished business, it took the interlude to turn an independent girl who had gone to pursue her dream and made a life for herself far away, into another girl who cannot live without MC
Zoey sole purpose was to show that MC is not a Virgin protagonist, with zero experience with women, that was all, and she served that in episode 2:cool:. Her return as you said was not only not mandatory, but tottaly unnesecary

RK - Milf

Apr 30, 2023
Returning to Isabella, her possible child and so on. While making another non-standard run and preparing additional save, and reading the dialogues a little more carefully than usual, I came across this:

It can only be a reaction to the excessive overplaying of the situation and jokes about their first date, when the waiter called MC her son. On the other hand, it may be a reaction to the fact that the MC calls her "mommy", as her son or daughter did, and this causes her discomfort and painful memories. Although I still think that some kind of dark story with a child is unlikely, but such dialogues give some clues. I hope it's still because of the awkwardness and the feeling of the age difference.

Hint here is between "mom" and "mommy" I suppose, if it's the case at all. Mommy - it's how little children calls their mothers usually. In a contrast, Tybalt while being a 20+ guy still calls his parents (adopted, btw) mommy and daddy. And both MC and Josy finds that strange. Maya stays silent as usual or haven't a change to say a word about it, while Sage seemed to be used to that and can't immideately explain that, because it's not the right place for such conversations.

Another hint - Bella's behaviour against MC, if he decides to stay in her house after J&M incident. She acts as a "mom" there. It's not just a friendly conversation and consoling, but it looks more like a mom & son attitude.

On the other hand, in EP9 she thinks of MC as if he is a James. During the dance, during the sex, etc.

Bella, Bella... What's in your head? :oops:

Aug 29, 2023
We met Quinn’s mother. She’s the junkie who shoved Quinn aside when she saw her visit Buddy. Doesn’t recognize her own daughter anymore. Quinn’s a daddy’s girl because Rox did all the parenting, such as it was.

Since Tremolo is making hard and fast decisions about being with the LIs, it’s only a matter of time before he has to meet the parents. And of course they’ll become new sources of drama, as he’s either not good enough for their daughters, or he’s already unknowingly fucked the mothers. I’m entirely sure it won’t just be Jade. Betcha Nora’s related to someone.

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Zoey sole purpose was to show that MC is not a Virgin protagonist, with zero experience with women, that was all, and she served that in episode 2:cool:. Her return as you said was not only not mandatory, but tottaly unnesecary
That's not fear I smell is it?

Aug 29, 2023
What also makes it super weird when Tybalt calls Jade “mommy,” is the fact when Tremolo has an affair with her, she asks him to call her “mommy” when she fucks him. Not that anyone thinks she’s attracted to Tybalt whatsoever, but it’s just FUBAR.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
and the interlude also erased any possible anxiety about her return, we went from the scene at the end of Chapter 8 where Zoey could actually be a disruption to MC's life, even could have been the pregnant girl, to having another sidegirl orbiting MC and seemingly at the first no already stepping aside.

Chapter 9 tried to heal what the interlude had done.

We met Quinn’s mother. She’s the junkie who shoved Quinn aside when she saw her visit Buddy. Doesn’t recognize her own daughter anymore. Quinn’s a daddy’s girl because Rox did all the parenting, such as it was.

Since Tremolo is making hard and fast decisions about being with the LIs, it’s only a matter of time before he has to meet the parents. And of course they’ll become new sources of drama, as he’s either not good enough for their daughters, or he’s already unknowingly fucked the mothers. I’m entirely sure it won’t just be Jade. Betcha Nora’s related to someone.
is not a fact, and in the case anyway it would not count, in the same way that we find out that Nora or Madame is related to someone.

It matters to meet them when we know who they are, not before

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
What also makes it super weird when Tybalt calls Jade “mommy,” is the fact when Tremolo has an affair with her, she asks him to call her “mommy” when she fucks him. Not that anyone thinks she’s attracted to Tybalt whatsoever, but it’s just FUBAR.
scene even more cringeworthy considering that MC never knew his mother....

Reactions: ReallyNotTimmy
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes