felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The problem is as Jill pointed out, that Maya signed a legal document, without even reading it. There is not much her lawyer can do about it, her signature is on a - so far assuming - legal document.
circumstances doesn't really matter, otherwise everyone would always complain. Artemis main protagonist signed up a paper, while he was drunk and did not read what he signed, because he trusted in his " girlfriend " and he learned he was fucked over by her, and he can't do anything about it legally.

Maya was an idiot, there is no other way to put it. But she grown so much in people eyes:whistle::LOL::ROFLMAO:
:coffee:
the point is not that, clearly.

having signed is not in any space -time an absolute bond, except for signatures with blood to the devil, but even then they are usually not binding, all it takes is a timely conversion or divine intervention.

in the specific case there would then be many reasons to make the signature void, but talking about realism is pointless so let's move on.

the point is that it is not a student loan (this has already been made clear) and that Maya cannot be a guarantor of it (this has almost been made clear). only to drag the matter out a few more chapters will require a lawyer to read the document.

Reactions: ChipLecsap

Cptlwd

Mar 7, 2023
hey guys how do you get it to work, I don't get the talk to Sage after the first minigame, is there a fix for that? thank you for your help
If you are going for specific girls (or want to do them all) I recommend installing the multi-mod, it basically highlights the choices that lead to major choices, aka turning paths on and off. (also not having to fuck around with money management is nice)

Cptlwd

Mar 7, 2023

having signed is not in any space -time an absolute bond, except for signatures with blood to the devil, but even then they are usually not binding, all it takes is a timely conversion or divine intervention.

in the specific case there would then be many reasons to make the signature void, but talking about realism is pointless so let's move on.

the point is that it is not a student loan (this has already been made clear) and that Maya cannot be a guarantor of it (this has almost been made clear). only to drag the matter out a few more chapters will require a lawyer to read the document.
I think the true problem here is that most regulars here have been playing this game waiting for the chapters to come out every year. I just played from ch 1 all the way to ch 10 and pacing wise I haven't been having any difficulties. I get that it could feel like you been scammed out of an experience when you didn't get to see what you wanted this chapter but Im guessing that when final release is finally here (in the next 20 years lmfao) it all fits well and the pacing turned out good.

• Haha
Reactions: D34K0N

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017

A) You are absolutely right !

B) I looked at the scene where the MC grabs the folder again today, and at first I couldn't quite figure out why it was important to DPC to have the MC point out "already paid - already paid - already paid." instead of just going "not it - not it - not it."

It suggests 2 things, one that there was a sudden influx of a considerable amount of money, no point speculating where from. And two, given that financially it makes no sense to clear all debt at his age, it felt like a man putting all of his things in order before he takes his own life.

I think Patrick is either pulling an Arwen - tying the duration of his life to that of his wife, or he just wants it all to end.

As you pointed out, we already know Maya doesn't have any debt, and it would stand to reason to assume that Derek doesn't have any either, so why go through that circus show at all ? I think it was to humanize Patrick and to set up an emotional gut punch to Maya and Derek in the future.

So, going out on a limb here, I'm guessing the documents the MC snatched will say that Patrick took out the loan for both Maya and Derek and that he put up his life insurance as collateral.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
A) You are absolutely right !

B) I looked at the scene where the MC grabs the folder again today, and at first I couldn't quite figure out why it was important to DPC to have the MC point out "already paid - already paid - already paid." instead of just going "not it - not it - not it."

It suggests 2 things, one that there was a sudden influx of a considerable amount of money, no point speculating where from. And two, given that financially it makes no sense to clear all debt at his age, it felt like a man putting all of his things in order before he takes his own life.

I think Patrick is either pulling an Arwen - tying the duration of his life to that of his wife, or he just wants it all to end.

As you pointed out, we already know Maya doesn't have any debt, and it would stand to reason to assume that Derek doesn't have any either, so why go through that circus show at all ? I think it was to humanize Patrick and to set up an emotional gut punch to Maya and Derek in the future.

So, going out on a limb here, I'm guessing the documents the MC snatched will say that Patrick took out the loan for both Maya and Derek and that he put up his life insurance as collateral.
I will be honest, but not captivating.

too witty for DPC.

for Patrick the outcome of the chapter is still negative, the grief over the inescapable fate of his beloved wife Helen does not balance the fact that he was violent REPEATEDLY with Maya.

so Patrick remains a negative character, now, Maya and Derek may well grieve his death, but the average player? I think they would not care.

p.s. insurance could be on Helen's life :eek:

I think the true problem here is that most regulars here have been playing this game waiting for the chapters to come out every year. I just played from ch 1 all the way to ch 10 and pacing wise I haven't been having any difficulties. I get that it could feel like you been scammed out of an experience when you didn't get to see what you wanted this chapter but Im guessing that when final release is finally here (in the next 20 years lmfao) it all fits well and the pacing turned out good.
the main difference between playing it all at once and one chapter at a time is that in the second case you have a lot more time to reflect, and I don't know if that's an absolute bad thing.

the problem with Maya's loan is that it has gone past its expiration time, right now its resolution doesn't interest anyone anymore. we all know it will be resolved at some point, but the how has become a trivial matter.

it's like your friend every day telling you he has a big problem but always refuses to tell you about it, at some point it becomes routine, you don't care anymore

Reactions: TimHawk

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I will be honest, but not captivating.

too witty for DPC.

for Patrick the outcome of the chapter is still negative, the grief over the inescapable fate of his beloved wife Helen does not balance the fact that he was violent REPEATEDLY with Maya.

so Patrick remains a negative character, now, Maya and Derek may well grieve his death, but the average player? I think they would not care.

p.s. insurance could be on Helen's life :eek:
That's exactly what I ment with circus show, if we wouldn't have seen a normal day in the life of Patrick, nobody would give a flying fuck about him offing himself, but now the discussion has already started.

And I think it was supposed to be negative, that's what sparks the conflict in the playerbase. And don't get me wrong, abuse is abuse, there is zero excuse for what Patrick did and does.

But it's exactly the kind of situation that feeds both sides : will people be uncompromising or forgiving ? Hateful or understanding ? Logical or emotional ? Every single player will have an opinion on it and there is no greater "I just can't take it anymore" than taking ones own life.

I think Helen's life insurance is the "sudden influx of money", but it would work both ways.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
In this case it is, I'm sorry, but there is not saving grace here, Maya fully aware of who is her father is, Its not like this is an isolated case, that she has a loving caring father, who totally unexpectedly out of nowhere, double cross her. but it is not even about trusting him, just simple common sense.

But we talking about a girl, who assumed she will get free education by simply joining a " girl band ". :whistle::ROFLMAO:

would been a bit different if she well aware of what it is in it, read it and etc, but she cant do anything but to Signed it, she forced to sign it, because she has no other option.
but I assume dpc want to give some kind of redemption to every Fucktard in the game, and it would be harder to sell it, if Patric is not just a " poor broken missguided father, who only wants best but in a wrong way " type of an asshole.:rolleyes:
Maya is fully aware of who her father is? Where are you getting this from? As far as we know, Maya didn't know her dad would have a problem so extreme he would do something like this.

It's fine if you don't like Maya. I really don't care, to each their own. But there are parts of the story we don't know about and one of them is when exactly Maya's relationship went south with her dad because of her relationship choices and how much she knew in advance he was upset and controlling.

It is perfectly natural and plausible for a kid to trust their parent, so this story element is cool with me.

Reactions: dalli_x

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Maya is fully aware of who her father is? Where are you getting this from? As far as we know, Maya didn't know her dad would have a problem so extreme he would do something like this.

It's fine if you don't like Maya. I really don't care, to each their own. But there are parts of the story we don't know about and one of them is when exactly Maya's relationship went south with her dad because of her relationship choices and how much she knew in advance he was upset and controlling.

It is perfectly natural and plausible for a kid to trust their parent, so this story element is cool with me.
okay, but in the age of smartphones and the internet to believe that even if you have no income or property you can be targeted by the bank for loan repayment is a clear case of functional illiteracy.

but of course this falls not only on Maya but also on Mc and Josy who for weeks believe it is an inescapable danger, even on Sage who thinks the solution is for her father to give a scholarship for no real reason to Maya because she told him to, Jill after her, and even worse Bella who works there in college but needs to read the documents otherwise you don't know how but it could also be as Patrick says, against all evidence, but who knows

in my opinion another pretty glaring example is MC and Bella wondering if a teacher-student relationship is possible at BR and neither of them using the holy power of google... (then 2 chapters go by and Bella tells a lie, but that's another story)

it is clear that the motivation is plot, but making all the main characters look like imbeciles I don't think benefits

Reactions: DavDR

StabbyMike 69

Jan 23, 2024
Unofficial Android Port for :

Being a DIK [v0.8.3] + Scrappy's Mod

Android : Mega, Pixeldrain

ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS
My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

if you liked my work, support on Patreon.

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.

Give Me Your Feedback on the Discord Server. As it's easier to reach me there, than here.
Can you please upload season 3 as well

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Joshy said earlier that it made him uncomfortable to sleep with M and J when they were still a couple, but no one felt uncomfortable about leaving their beloved Father alone on Thanksgiving, Or going to another man's house and accepting his hospitality with the intent to lie and steal from him. Am I the only one that was bothered by that?
In all fairness it was Joshy that said it, As for Thanksgiving considering Patrick is abusing his daughter I say he got off lucky if all happen is we steal the loan documents, maybe lie and maybe punch him

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
okay, but in the age of smartphones and the internet to believe that even if you have no income or property you can be targeted by the bank for loan repayment is a clear case of functional illiteracy.

but of course this falls not only on Maya but also on Mc and Josy who for weeks believe it is an inescapable danger, even on Sage who thinks the solution is for her father to give a scholarship for no real reason to Maya because she told him to, Jill after her, and even worse Bella who works there in college but needs to read the documents otherwise you don't know how but it could also be as Patrick says, against all evidence, but who knows

in my opinion another pretty glaring example is MC and Bella wondering if a teacher-student relationship is possible at BR and neither of them using the holy power of google... (then 2 chapters go by and Bella tells a lie, but that's another story)

it is clear that the motivation is plot, but making all the main characters look like imbeciles I don't think benefits
Now you're talking about different stuff. All I'm talking about is a kid signing some documents because they trust their parents. That part is plausible. I'm not mounting some grand defense of Maya or DPC's over-all storytelling. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: felicemastronzo

BlenderGuy

Nov 17, 2023
It asks me to replace the panel in my room, which I do. It clearly wants me to load a picture onto it from my phone, but I have none. So I appear to be stuck.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Now you're talking about different stuff. All I'm talking about is a kid signing some documents because they trust their parents. That part is plausible. I'm not mounting some grand defense of Maya or DPC's over-all storytelling. :LOL:
yes but the two aspects are not disjointed.

okay, Maya may trust her father enough to sign what he proposes (do you read and understand every line of what you sign? really? always? even for a phone contract or an "I accept the terms" on the internet?)

but if he then tells her that this signature will force her to dig coal with her bare hands for the rest of her life some doubt should come to her

trust can't be there yet, and if someone I don't trust tells me stuff I judge impossible the first reaction should be to question it, not to keep believing it "because it's normal for a daughter to trust her father"

Reactions: DavDR

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020

I agree wholeheartedly

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Then you should have read the post I was replying too, that sited college humor.
No, you want to drag me into a conversation about DPC's over-all writing and that wasn't what I was responding to or the point I was making.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
yes but the two aspects are not disjointed.

okay, Maya may trust her father enough to sign what he proposes (do you read and understand every line of what you sign? really? always? even for a phone contract or an "I accept the terms" on the internet?)

but if he then tells her that this signature will force her to dig coal with her bare hands for the rest of her life some doubt should come to her

trust can't be there yet, and if someone I don't trust tells me stuff I judge impossible the first reaction should be to question it, not to keep believing it "because it's normal for a daughter to trust her father"
She is at the point of doubting what going on being legal and she's in the process of trying to get evidence to figure out if that's the case.

So it's plausible at the time she signed the documents that she believed she was signing a school loan because she trusted her dad.

Now her dad is frustrating the hell out of her and she's trying to figure out if he's really got her in a financial bind or not. She's already taken some steps to look into it, like checking her credit rating.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes