Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Question and almost surely an unpopular opinion..

I absolutely love Acting Lessons. I think that, while the formula is simple enough, it was extremely well executed and left a very good effect on me! Kudos to dev, really. I even registered to Pinkcake patreon for a while to show support.

Then, some years ago I played BADIK up to chapter 4/5. It was not good. Like below average. To the point in which I didn't care about any single character (can't even remember their names).

Does the game ever become good like Acting Lessons, in the sense of being an emotional rollercoaster? Or does it stays as the average "insert yourself so you can pretend you live this awesome everybody loves you MC time at college fucking hot girls?"

I want chaos, conflict and despair, joined with happy feelings, thrilling and emotion, like Acting Lessons. Does BADIK ever comes close to that? or stays a teenage boy fantasy?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021

I absolutely love Acting Lessons. I think that, while the formula is simple enough, it was extremely well executed and left a very good effect on me! Kudos to dev, really. I even registered to Pinkcake patreon for a while to show support.

Then, some years ago I played BADIK up to chapter 4/5. It was not good. Like below average. To the point in which I didn't care about any single character (can't even remember their names).

Does the game ever become good like Acting Lessons, in the sense of being an emotional rollercoaster? Or does it stays as the average "insert yourself so you can pretend you live this awesome everybody loves you MC time at college fucking hot girls?"

I want chaos, conflict and despair, joined with happy feelings, thrilling and emotion, like Acting Lessons. Does BADIK ever comes close to that? or stays a teenage boy fantasy?
Half the chapters deal with pregnancy, religion, abandonment, blackmail, drug addition, and identity crises. In the next few chapters, everyone will probably get AIDS and thrown in Soviet gulag. Come play!

Reactions: Ayhsel

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Half the chapters deal with pregnancy, religion, abandonment, blackmail, drug addition, and identity crises. In the next few chapters, everyone will probably get AIDS and thrown in Soviet gulag. Come play!
All those sound good, but it is more a "feeling" kind of thing what I am talking about.

Acting Lessons was good not because of what happened by itself, but how it was executed. You could feel the hole in your chest by having to pick who to save and who to left to die.

I want my heart broken, my chest filled with anxiety, my throat close with guilt. I want to suffer with the characters

That was the problem I had with the time I played it. Once I was done with the material that was there, I couldn't care less about the characters and their situation. I finished reading and never felt like "ahhh i cannot wait to keep reading, Pinkcake you motherfucker release the update now".

And it was not little amount of content what I have read by then. With double the chapters, and having lost all my progress, I am here wondering if it is worth it, or will just remain a university fuck fest.

Last edited:

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020

It's funny, I enjoyed AL almost up to the end. Then the incident, which I found to be kinda cheap and gimmicky, reminded me distinctly of one of those awful 'who get's kicked out of the lifeboat' test they give you in school.

Conversely I really enjoyed the first season of BaDIK, but I sometimes wonder if someone else wrote the subsequent season's

noahsombrero

Aug 9, 2023
It's possible that marrying Nicole is one of the endings for Others path. However all the fun stuff happens before the end. The end will likely be a few images and some text, eg "Stripper Ending : mc married Nicole. mc started a career as stripper so they could work together. They lived happily ever after. The End."

What kind of marriage content do you expect from a game about a young 19 year old guy fresh in college?

Your best choice probably is to learn DAZ and create your own Nicole content ...
It's funny, I enjoyed AL almost up to the end. Then the incident, which I found to be kinda cheap and gimmicky, reminded me distinctly of one of those awful 'who get's kicked out of the lifeboat' test they give you in school.

Conversely I really enjoyed the first season of BaDIK, but I sometimes wonder if someone else wrote the subsequent season's
Writers say, the good start is the easy part. The hard part is thinking up a good ending. I wonder if that is what happened in AL. He couldn't think of a good way to end it, so he sort of threw a tantrum knocked everything off the table and onto the floor. I suspect he won't knock it all on the floor this time, but perhaps he really isn't sure what to do with all these loose ends.

So maybe he will simply set the HOT sorority house on fire. That would leave Bella, Jade, Cathy, Jill and the rosy girls.

Last edited:

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Writers say, the good start is the easy part. The hard part is thinking up a good ending. I wonder if that is what happened in AL. He couldn't think of a good way to end it, so he sort of threw a tantrum knocked everything off the table and onto the floor. I suspect he won't knock it all on the floor this time, but perhaps he really isn't sure what to do with all these loose ends.

So maybe he will simply set the HOT sorority house on fire.
It's a good point, and I'm not on the solidest of ground here because I'm working on a 'sense' or feeling here. But the latter episodes (I would say after ep5) of BaDIK just don't have the same impact. A good example, the backyard guitar lesson in ep5. I really enjoyed that scene, I could immerse myself in a romance with Sage in that scene, looking forward to more immersion coming. But it never arrived. The date in the latest episode should have had something like that but I just wasn't feeling it.

How could that be? How could an author nail the first scene then completely flub the latter?

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
It's a good point, and I'm not on the solidest of ground here because I'm working on a 'sense' or feeling here. But the latter episodes (I would say after ep5) of BaDIK just don't have the same impact. A good example, the backyard guitar lesson in ep5. I really enjoyed that scene, I could immerse myself in a romance with Sage in that scene, looking forward to more immersion coming. But it never arrived. The date in the latest episode should have had something like that but I just wasn't feeling it.

How could that be? How could an author nail the first scene then completely flub the latter?
To be honest I don't expect anything from the end of the story. My expectations disappeared after chapter 9 and now I'm just moving on to see how bad the resolution of the different plots will be. Or to sum up my opinion would be the following:

Luv' me lads (Except jabcob, fuck that son of a bitch.)
luv' me main girls
luv' me secondary girls
luv' brawler
luv' me DIK status

'Ate alphas
'Ate betas
'Ate vinny
'Ate dawe
'Ate maya's debt plot

Simple as
1cc.png

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
To be honest I don't expect anything from the end of the story. My expectations disappeared after chapter 9 and now I'm just moving on to see how bad the resolution of the different plots will be. Or to sum up my opinion would be the following:

Luv' me lads (Except jabcob, fuck that son of a bitch.)
luv' me main girls
luv' me secondary girls
luv' brawler
luv' me DIK status

'Ate alphas
'Ate betas
'Ate vinny
'Ate dawe
'Ate maya's debt plot

Simple as
View attachment 3389647
Yep, I'm pretty much in the same place. Was only really interested in Sage, and DPC managed to ruin her in the second season so I'm only sticking around to see the end. If there is an end and DPC doesn't just get bored with it all and drops the game.

Reactions: TREXrg

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

Acting Lessons was great and a true genre changer, transforming AVNs from simple one-handed gameplay into seriously dark drama.
DIK is a completely different game, if you want to feel empty, it probably won't suit you. It's a comedy inspired by American high school movies like American Pie. The game becomes a little darker, but as the author himself claims, it won’t be as dark as AL.
The saddest thing here is that you can break girls' hearts and leave them broken, but they come to their senses over time. Except for one at the moment, who takes it the worst of all.

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
come on guys, you can make memes and stff but keep it in the down low. if the pages gets flooded with them then we have to clean it up. the occasional 1 or 2 memes are fine

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
come on guys, you can make memes and stff but keep it in the down low. if the pages gets flooded with them then we have to clean it up. the occasional 1 or 2 memes are fine
No problem. In the future I will put everything longer than couple images under the spoiler tag, I forgot about it yesterday. :HideThePain:
Just one thing, it's not about posts veen removed it total, if people see memes in the fan art section, it will again cause a discussion of “what can be considered as an art,” and others will start spamming everything there, garbaging the thread.
Just recently there was a situation where several users began to post screenshots from the game, passed through shitty color filters on the phone, and many didn't like it, which led to a fight.
Actually, this is all that revealed anxiety, thanks for clarifying the situation.:)

Reactions: Ekzou and OEJ

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017

I think so that you will get what you want. Many people overlook the evidence. The MC once said to Maya that EVERYONE deserves a second chance. What will be the MC's second chance? Why does he get a second chance.

Each branch contains its own pitfall that points to a point in the game. Here’s to a second chance for the MC.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017

Even after EP5 there are many good emotional scenes for every LI, path and branch. I imagine that the player's feelings play a role in which character in the game he feels most connected to. What empathy he has for the characters themselves.

I only play the JM path and Branch, but I was really touched by Sage's scene in EP8 when she told the MC about her adoption. When the MC just went on stage to help Jill in EP8, it was very emotional. Not everyone would do something like that. I also liked that Sage talked to Maya at the end of EP7. There are many such scenes after EP5.

But every player evaluates situations in the game differently.

Reactions: Kpyna

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Acting Lessons was great and a true genre changer, transforming AVNs from simple one-handed gameplay into seriously dark drama.
Lets not kid ourselves either.

It wasn't a "genre changer" or anything alike. It just was better than the average novel in f95. But AVNs exist beyond f95 and among that set it is just another. You can see it in vndb.org

For a true masterpiece you have The House in Fata Morgana, for example. That is a genre defining novel.

DIK is a completely different game, if you want to feel empty, it probably won't suit you. It's a comedy inspired by American high school movies like American Pie. The game becomes a little darker, but as the author himself claims, it won’t be as dark as AL.
On the contrary, what I want is something that makes me feel. Acting Lessons was good because it made you feel. The chapters of Badik I read gave me nothing. That is what I would call feeling empty.

The saddest thing here is that you can break girls' hearts and leave them broken, but they come to their senses over time. Except for one at the moment, who takes it the worst of all.
That is... okeyish? I mean, some novels I have read managed to hurt just by breaking someone's heart. But i strongly doubt it is what I have in mind if the execution is anything like the first 4 chapters.

Thank you very much for your input.

I think so that you will get what you want. Many people overlook the evidence. The MC once said to Maya that EVERYONE deserves a second chance. What will be the MC's second chance? Why does he get a second chance.

Each branch contains its own pitfall that points to a point in the game. Here’s to a second chance for the MC.
Oh that is interesting.. there is some catastrophic event coming then?

Is it already written or is something expected give the title of last chapter "calm before the snow"? Although, isn't the phrase calm before the storm? So probably I am confused.

Thing is novel is quite long and time haa become a luxury. I am willing to give it a second go if quality improves. If it becomes more than it was in the first 4 chapters.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Oh that is interesting.. there is some catastrophic event coming then?

Is it already written or is something expected give the title of last chapter "calm before the snow"? Although, isn't the phrase calm before the storm? So probably I am confused.

Thing is novel is quite long and time haa become a luxury. I am willing to give it a second go if quality improves. If it becomes more than it was in the first 4 chapters.

The title of EP10 is “Calm Before the Snow”. So from EP11 onwards the drama picks up speed.

The second chance thing is something the MC said to Maya in EP2. Many forget that the entire game is a narrative from the MC himself. It's all already happened and the MC tells his story. We just don't know to whom or when he tells his story. We're not at the end of his story yet either.

But when you read in EP3 that the MC would have preferred not to get involved with Isabella if he had known about Isabella beforehand, something has happened that we don't know about yet and we will only find out about it later.

Quinn and the MC can love each other and Quinn might change too. But it doesn't have to be Quinn directly that could harm the MC, but Quinn's environment. Drugs, prostitution, kidnapping and extortion. She is in contact with dangerous people. Mick, Vinny and Buddy.

Josy says to the MC in EP9 so he will be the one to have a heart attack. Will, not had. Maya can tell the MC in EP9 that he almost needed a second birthday suit. Why is that?

And with Jill, it's not the STD test that worries me. Rather, I think the Jill Branch drama will be the hardest drama because it will be completely unexpected for many players. Cue “Romeo and Juliet” from EP5. Julia is clearly defined and is Jill. But it is not clearly defined who is Romeo and who is Paris. (Not the city, but the name of a person in "Romeo and Juliet"). Julia's parents wanted to marry her to a Paris. Is the MC now Romeo or Paris? It doesn't really matter because it sucks for both of them. Paris would marry a woman who loves another guy and Romeo would love a woman who is betrothed to another guy or perhaps already engaged to him or has been engaged to him.

It won't be as dark as AL, DPC wrote that themselves, but that only means that no one will die. There will be a drama, the only question is which and when, but definitely after EP10 “Calm Before the Snow”.

Lord Bradley

May 28, 2019
There was a CHIC exclusive option regarding my wife Nicole that bothers me to this day since my MC was badass trouble maker. I am currently replaying on separate save leaning towards CHIC side, but sometimes I choose the dark side in major choices that does not break my "good guy" roleplay. For example leaving Steve to cry on the floor since he chose to insult MC further even when he asked if something's wrong. Made his own bed so to speak.

I wonder what will happen if you make balanced major choices and slide towards the green middle ground? Will you be blocked from 2 choices in the future instead of 1? Sounds like utter submission to developers vision which I guess can't be that bad in a game of this quality. Still, having actual choices has such powerful effect on enjoyment, even if it's an illusion of choice.

Also, for the first time ever I play this game with MC's cock in his pants until I meet Nicole.. which is harder than it looks since many females in this game want to get jiggy with MC so bad, in some cases you don't even have option to reject their advances... Oh to be young and virile again haha

Reactions: Vill3m
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes