ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Ayhsel
just a heads up , since you seems to be new around here. don't believe anything dalix say, he plays a different game, in his mind than everyone else.;). and He often make up scenarios that are not exist in the game, and because of that he Give you false informations.
In short while badik may or may not touch some " darker " tone, in the end its not gonna be anything like AL was , so if you didnt feel the first 4-5 season as you said, then it is likely its simply not the game you looking for.

this game is exactly as, let me quote you : Does BADIK ever comes close to that? or stays a teenage boy fantasy?

Yes : it is a teenage boy fantasy

Last edited:
Reactions: Ayhsel

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Lets not kid ourselves either.

It wasn't a "genre changer" or anything alike. It just was better than the average novel in f95. But AVNs exist beyond f95 and among that set it is just another. You can see it in vndb.org

For a true masterpiece you have The House in Fata Morgana, for example. That is a genre defining novel.
Hm, I'll better ask in SG ot about it.
On the contrary, what I want is something that makes me feel. Acting Lessons was good because it made you feel. The chapters of Badik I read gave me nothing. That is what I would call feeling empty.
One more thing, the game is very immersive and, unlike AL, has a lot of branches. In one run you might not see everything, there are many strong moments. But the emptiness in general and the lack of attachment to any character is already a red flag.
But the game is not over yet, and we don’t know what DPC will do next. In AL, the most shocking things were towards the end. So if you don't feel anything now, you can try in a few...years, I think...towards the end.

That is... okeyish? I mean, some novels I have read managed to hurt just by breaking someone's heart. But i strongly doubt it is what I have in mind if the execution is anything like the first 4 chapters.

Thank you very much for your input.
Yeah, probably nothing very emotional, that leave you drained.
Jill cries but then cools down; Bella is internally broken but doesn't show it; Sage is confused and Josy hates you.
But again this is subjective, some scenes will make some people cry, others indifferent, and some people laugh and make memes.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Ayhsel
just a heads up , since you seems to be new around here. don't believe anything dalix say, he plays a different game, in his mind than everyone else.;)
In short while badik may or may not touch some " darker " tone, in the end its not gonna be anything like AL was , so if you didnt feel the first 4-5 season as you said, then it is likely its simply not the game you looking for.

this game is exactly as, let me quote you : Does BADIK ever comes close to that? or stays a teenage boy fantasy?

Yes : it is a teenage boy fantasy
This is a forewarning. It's better to delete or change this post, otherwise I will inform the admins. You cross boundaries.
Of course it is your right to leave this post as is and then it is my right to report it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: jimbro and sleep6

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
But when you read in EP3 that the MC would have preferred not to get involved with Isabella if he had known about Isabella beforehand, something has happened that we don't know about yet and we will only find out about it later.
The only and single case when we heard something from the future and the MC as a narrator regarding the MG (italic style text). So yeah, the biggest warning given to us in advance so far.

Josy says to the MC in EP9 so he will be the one to have a heart attack. Will, not had. Maya can tell the MC in EP9 that he almost needed a second birthday suit. Why is that?
Because it's a figurative expression. In my country, it's common for someone to tell you after you have scared them badly or played a good prank, that you almost brought them to a heart attack. I don't understand where you got this from and why you interpreted it in such a wrong way. Even I, who am not a native English speaker, have no problem correctly understanding what Josy meant. Or better to say - what MC said, because Josy never said such things.

mc "Sorry for almost giving you a heart attack before."
js "Yeah, you'll be sorry. Some day you will be."

Where do you see or sense here that Josy said that MC might have a heart attack later? She said that he will be sorry for pranking her so bad and making her feel so embarrassed. Josy also never agreed that she almost had a heart attack, as MC jokingly assumed.

And with Jill, it's not the STD test that worries me. Rather, I think the Jill Branch drama will be the hardest drama because it will be completely unexpected for many players. Cue “Romeo and Juliet” from EP5. Julia is clearly defined and is Jill. But it is not clearly defined who is Romeo and who is Paris. (Not the city, but the name of a person in "Romeo and Juliet"). Julia's parents wanted to marry her to a Paris. Is the MC now Romeo or Paris? It doesn't really matter because it sucks for both of them. Paris would marry a woman who loves another guy and Romeo would love a woman who is betrothed to another guy or perhaps already engaged to him or has been engaged to him.
Jill & MC is a Lynette and Neil story, kinda. Whether it will turn out that bad or not, we will find out later. The only thing that is obvious is that we should not expect blessings from Jill's parents. The best outcome is if they just quietly and grudgingly accept the MC. But even that's too good to be true and too vanilla and snotty for a good ending.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
DPC himself wrote about the game :

Being a DIK - Synopsis

A young man, from a low-income family, moves away from his widowed father and his summer love to attend college at Burgmeister & Royce. As he is cast into freshman life and persuaded to join the up-and-coming fraternity Delta Iota Kappa, he'll be exposed to a new world filled with conflicts, alcohol, drugs and sex.

Will you enjoy the game?

Ever since I was a teenager, which is a long time ago, I've really enjoyed the college comedy genre in movies. Now I get to write my own VN in that genre, fused with drama and romance. I aim to deliver memorable experiences with my creations and to get you fully immersed in the game.

This game is for adults who value storytelling, branching choices, comedy, and drama. There will be a good amount of sexual content in the game, but it's not the main focus. Depending on your life experiences, I would like to warn you that the story might hit close to home, at times. The general tone will be happy, but if you're in a dark period of your life, I'd advise you to not play the game.
So a large part of the game is comedy and humor, a parody of romance and drama ...

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
He thought to himself when recounting the scene with Isabella, so that retroactively he wouldn't have done it if he had known about Isabella beforehand. The italics are just between thoughts on the story.
We never got something similar with any other MGs, right? Of course all the things we see and read are his story that he is telling to us from the future - how it's set from the beginning of the game. Well, except the parts which MC himself never seen and knew and which are shown to help us understand things and characters better.

MC was never warned us in such way regarding any other MG, right? So, what?

It's clear to me so you don't understand. Just look at other clues from the game (EP1-EP10). I don't feel like explaining it to you because then you'll go back to looking for problems that I'll have to explain again, etc. That'll just get out of hand again.
Ugh, yeah. "You just don't get it. There is a tons of other foreshadowing and signs which you hadn't recognized and I can't speak of" etc etc. It's gone too repetitive lately. Ok, let's drop it here.

Geoff Royce helps the MC twice during the party. So he is well disposed towards him.
He barely remembers MC. Because in both EP5 & EP10 scenes he was drunk as hell. So, you assume that the dude knew our MC, intended to "help" him (and that was not a random drunk talk which softened conversation with preps and changed the focus of those conversation in MCs favor). But asks him who is he, his last name etc when he met him again (remember - he knew him and helped him because of that). Jill's words regarding how different is her father when he is not drunk and that it was probably for better that he was, also doesn't mean anything to you. Because you have your own plot and story for each character. While in short - we seen Amelia's attitude toward MC several times. Each a red flag. And we know that Geoff attitude would be the same if not worse if he was sober at time he met MC with Jill. Ok, let's drop it here too.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
If the MC doesn't have a heart condition, he won't have a heart attack at his age
Well, you can get a heart attack also without any heart condition just by consuming drugs, for example, which as many of you mentioned, the game deals with that. In fact, I heard of a 17 years old that died from a heart attack by drinking 7 energy drinks in a day.

Sorry, i wanted to point that out simply for completeness sake.

Reactions: dalli_x

RangaTheBanga

Mar 1, 2023
how do i continue from my last save from the end of episode 9? I keep getting an error when i load my save and it just takes me to the start of episode 9

noahsombrero

Aug 9, 2023
This is a forewarning. It's better to delete or change this post, otherwise I will inform the admins. You cross boundaries.
Of course it is your right to leave this post as is and then it is my right to report it.
Oh, come on dalli, this is not the first time you have been accused. Not that you are the only one who gets even with dpc by fantasying back at him. No big deal. All in fun. Right?

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Oh, come on dalli, this is not the first time you have been accused. Not that you are the only one who gets even with dpc by fantasying back at him. No big deal. All in fun. Right?
There is a difference whether something is humorous or not. If it's humorous, I even laugh about it myself.

But what he wrote is not humorous and crossed a line. I give him the chance to make a change, but he doesn't seem to want to. He read the warning, which I learned in another. So it's his problem and not mine.

• Haha
Reactions: jimbro

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
All those sound good, but it is more a "feeling" kind of thing what I am talking about.

Acting Lessons was good not because of what happened by itself, but how it was executed. You could feel the hole in your chest by having to pick who to save and who to left to die.

I want my heart broken, my chest filled with anxiety, my throat close with guilt. I want to suffer with the characters

That was the problem I had with the time I played it. Once I was done with the material that was there, I couldn't care less about the characters and their situation. I finished reading and never felt like "ahhh i cannot wait to keep reading, Pinkcake you motherfucker release the update now".

And it was not little amount of content what I have read by then. With double the chapters, and having lost all my progress, I am here wondering if it is worth it, or will just remain a university fuck fest.
Dik isn't as dark that said last ep did make a turn closer to that, style and flow pretty much the same just more lightheard, if you like drama then you like DIK

Reactions: dalli_x and Ayhsel

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
It won't be as dark as AL? What was the worst thing about AL?

If the worst of AL doesn't happen in BaDIK, everything underneath isn't as grim as in AL. So there is still enough space for various difficult situations.
People got murder by a crazy girl

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
There was a CHIC exclusive option regarding my wife Nicole that bothers me to this day since my MC was badass trouble maker. I am currently replaying on separate save leaning towards CHIC side, but sometimes I choose the dark side in major choices that does not break my "good guy" roleplay. For example leaving Steve to cry on the floor since he chose to insult MC further even when he asked if something's wrong. Made his own bed so to speak.

I wonder what will happen if you make balanced major choices and slide towards the green middle ground? Will you be blocked from 2 choices in the future instead of 1? Sounds like utter submission to developers vision which I guess can't be that bad in a game of this quality. Still, having actual choices has such powerful effect on enjoyment, even if it's an illusion of choice.

Also, for the first time ever I play this game with MC's cock in his pants until I meet Nicole.. which is harder than it looks since many females in this game want to get jiggy with MC so bad, in some cases you don't even have option to reject their advances... Oh to be young and virile again haha
The permanent affinity allows the CHICK MC or DIK MC to always get the neutral decision in the Major Choice. With the NEUTRAL MC it is an optional provision and depends on previous decisions in the game. This could result in the player only having a neutral decision and not getting another CHICK or DIK decision.
screenshot0001.png

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Lord Bradley

ProffessionalRetard

Aug 3, 2020
Hi quick newbie question: I play with massive DIK affinity and I am currently in episode 6. Early on, I chose Jill for my route but i got spoiled a little about her rejecting you in episode 7 if you have a DIK affinity. I was wondering if anything changes in episodes 8, 9 and 10 if MC still tries to go for Jill or is completely hopeless?

Most of my decisions were based on increasing relationship points with her, so I would change that NOW before its too late

• Thinking Face

Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023
Writers say, the good start is the easy part. The hard part is thinking up a good ending. I wonder if that is what happened in AL. He couldn't think of a good way to end it, so he sort of threw a tantrum knocked everything off the table and onto the floor. I suspect he won't knock it all on the floor this time, but perhaps he really isn't sure what to do with all these loose ends.

So maybe he will simply set the HOT sorority house on fire. That would leave Bella, Jade, Cathy, Jill and the rosy girls.
Exactly. He was hit with the same thing as most other screenwriters. His peak work was ep7, and he hasn't managed to top that yet. Also, after ep7, something happened and each episode has been getting weaker and weaker.
As a screenwriter, he's definitely degrading, but he's probably improved his skills at visual storytelling by putting a lot of emphasis on emotions. They're often played out very cheaply and boringly.. Just look at ep10 - a lot of story arcs were done really lazily there. Jill should've asked Trent to tell the truth in ep7 and 8, but for some reason, she waited until ep10 to do it.
For some weird reason, Burke decided to get a divorce from his wife suddenly, even though he was trying his best to save the marriage at the time. The restaurant arc ended with Burke getting fired. If all the arcs in the story keep going in this way, then Jade’s arc is probably going to end with Sage just reacting calmly and then forgetting about it.
In general, I see a trend for the quality of the story material to get worse, which is going to cause a lot of controversy down the road.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Hi quick newbie question: I play with massive DIK affinity and I am currently in episode 6. Early on, I chose Jill for my route but i got spoiled a little about her rejecting you in episode 7 if you have a DIK affinity. I was wondering if anything changes in episodes 8, 9 and 10 if MC still tries to go for Jill or is completely hopeless?

Most of my decisions were based on increasing relationship points with her, so I would change that NOW before its too late
You have to be a on path at end of 8 Jill can turn you down depending on choices if she does that it for now anyway

Reactions: ProffessionalRetard

Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023
Сhiss, chill, man. You don't need to get so worked up. Your interpretation of the game could be called a unique one, but it's tough to tell when you're being serious and when you're just joking. Why don't you make a note before you post it, just in case it's a humorous theory?

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Сhiss, chill, man. You don't need to get so worked up. Your interpretation of the game could be called a unique one, but it's tough to tell when you're being serious and when you're just joking. Why don't you make a note before you post it, just in case it's a humorous theory?
You just gave me a idea he can have a code system Dalli mark one for a funny post but it isn't theory, Dalli mark two is a theory but more fun idea that is being work out, and lastly Dalli mark three is full on theory mood and you are now in the matrix. :Kappa: :ROFLMAO:
The following post was meant as a loving joke but I can't help it if genius comes from humor ;)

• Haha
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes