funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
I find Maya kinda boring and Josy less so but still not engaging enough. Don't even care that they cheated on each other, for some reason though the MC make a big fuss about it, but only after discovering the truth. Remember the big revelation scene when Maya introduces Josy to the MC as her girlfriend in the dorm room?
This is something I've never understood. What the hell does the MC get so mad about? I would be shocked that it was exactly the same two girls I had been dating, sure. They had lied to him, both of them saying they had a boyfriend. Not cool, still doesn't change much, it's only a girlfriend instead of a boyfriend. The fact is, he has no reason for getting so sensitive. He acted hurt, like they had betrayed him and stormed off. They didn't betray him, they betrayed each other.
That's gotta be my most disliked scene from the game.
Amen to that!!!
I could not agree more with you there. I've always felt that was a serious story telling flaw where I think DPC completely failed the narrative in that regard.

Reactions: mostwanted8

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
I find Maya kinda boring and Josy less so but still not engaging enough. Don't even care that they cheated on each other, for some reason though the MC make a big fuss about it, but only after discovering the truth. Remember the big revelation scene when Maya introduces Josy to the MC as her girlfriend in the dorm room?
This is something I've never understood. What the hell does the MC get so mad about? I would be shocked that it was exactly the same two girls I had been dating, sure. They had lied to him, both of them saying they had a boyfriend. Not cool, still doesn't change much, it's only a girlfriend instead of a boyfriend. The fact is, he has no reason for getting so sensitive. He acted hurt, like they had betrayed him and stormed off. They didn't betray him, they betrayed each other.
That's gotta my most disliked scene from the game.
MC overreacts for sure. but the situation is quite complicated from his POV.

Maya first told him she has a boyfriend. then says she doesn't. then that she is a virgin but only with boys, and only been with one girl, not specifying the current status of the relationship, implying it's in the past. so she lied to him a lot, even though she asked him to be very honest with her during their first lunch. She leads MC on. He feels betrayed for sure, and moreover it's with the girl he had a huge crush on. and he discovers she lied to her girlfriend, and cheated on her, with him! so he is an unwilling participant in cheating. and the one he betrays is the girl he liked.

For Josy, MC willingly participates in the cheating, but Maya is a dear friend now, and the sister of his best bro too. So he betrayed his friends because of Josy. he wouldn't have done it with Josy if he knew it was Maya. the fact that it's a girl comes up, but i don't think it's an issue, just that MC consider it a lie that she let him assume it was a guy. She also called MC a mistake by accident.

so they did betray him, each in their own way.
he became very close and intimate with both, thinking they would be kinda available for him, it adds to the betrayal. and he, himself, cheated on both. :D he also betrayed them.

MC is a drama queen in that moment for sure. staying and talking, even with all the anger, would have resolved everything quickly instead of wasting an episode. but it might have not lead to the throuple, as the girls wouldn't have ben forced to think about their feelings for MC and what he really means to them.
Also, it might be weird for him to stay and sleep in the same room as a couple that cheated on each other. imagine how awkward it would be

Only MC knows the truth. but Maya thinks he leaves only because she wasn't honest with him about still being in a relationship and didn't trust him. Josy thinks he left because he is shocked that it's a girl and because of the lies. only MC knows that's it's also because everyone lied, and the girls both cheated on each other and he was made an accomplice to both.

MC has the burden of the truth, and he is also a betrayer. having to face everything and being forced into the role might be too much for such a simple guy that is all about feelings with only a failed pseudo-relationship.

Each one has their own perspective on the drama, and each one has a different goal at stake, before the library scene. it's funny. it could have been better written, more detailed, even. but I do like the scene :)

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
While I do like Maya alot #3 after replaying the game. I too have always hated that scene as well cause as far as I can recall everything was kept casual and nothing serious yet. I do recall even Maya tried to tell him once or twice but got interrupted for one reason or another. So I never really understood the MC being so mad at Maya, Josy I can understand a bit more since she never tried to tell the MC the truth. Even then he overacted for something that was casual sure he may of liked them alot but I never felt like he spent enough time with them for anything serious yet at that point. So if anyone should feel hurt should be Maya and Josy being mad at each other.
Maya wanted to tell him the truth, but always hesitated, and never actually tried. the most obvious time when she should have was when Derek called them out when they kissed outside on the ground. That was the perfect time to explain Derek's protest. but she just left, dodging the topic.
everyone has their own definition of "serious" but to me; depending on how much you invest on Maya points up to that scene, it is beginning to become quite serious for both. MC feels it's somewhat serious too, I think, and that's part of what he is mad at Josy about. she kind of dismisses the state of their relationship (though she is in shock and panic)
MC is at fault too, when he is confronted by Maya about his date with a girl back home, he says he is single and there is not wrong about playing the field basically. she agrees but still says it feels weird because of the state of their relationship at the time.

Reactions: jimbro
Aug 29, 2023
I’ll take a guess and say Jill isn’t very well liked around here.
It’s how she didn’t respect the MC’s wishes and went behind his back that killed all the attraction for me, treating him like a baby who needs protection instead of letting him sort his own issues. She didn’t even think how it would lead to further problems with the Alphas or that it would put the MC in a though spot and make him look like a wimp.
Classic case of meaning well but doing more harm than good.
I like Jill quite a lot. But I agree when she tried to “rescue” him from Chad, she absolutely went about it the wrong way. But that’s the way parents and teachers too often think: Have a meeting, get to the bottom of things, give that bully a stern lecture and some stiff consequences, and he’ll have learned his lesson and never do it again.

Lana and Neil both had the right idea: When a bully fucks with you, kick him where it hurts, and don’t stop until he’s a soprano.

Kick.jpg

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
I like Jill quite a lot. But I agree when she tried to “rescue” him from Chad, she absolutely went about it the wrong way. But that’s the way parents and teachers too often think: Have a meeting, get to the bottom of things, give that bully a stern lecture and some stiff consequences, and he’ll have learned his lesson and never do it again.

Lana and Neil both had the right idea: When a bully fucks with you, kick him where it hurts, and don’t stop until he’s a soprano.

View attachment 3522550
I completly agree with you but tbf Chad DID kinda learned his lesson and became a tame puppy afterwards, the treat from burke did successfully intimidate Chad and he even convinced the other alphas to keep it low afterwards.

But yeah Chad is/was just a bully yet kinda a reasonable guy when he isnt confused/overwhelmed/pretending it would have been an other outcome if the other guy would have been a guy like vinny.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023

View attachment 3522550
indeed. and that adds to the weird situation. Lana's advice should have stuck with Jill even more now that she's gone.

Reactions: ReallyNotTimmy

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
not low enough, as we saw with Caleb, and the ruined DIK mansion.
It was only Caleb because of the treat from burke and tbf the diks started it this time (destroying the alpha windows) and it wasnt a retaliation about the chad/mc conflict, it was about the DIKs/Alphas and kinda unrelated to mc.

Reactions: HiP1

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
I completly agree with you but tbf Chad DID kinda learned his lesson and became a tame puppy afterwards, the treat from burke did successfully intimidate Chad and he even convinced the other alphas to keep it low afterwards.

But yeah Chad is/was just a bully yet kinda a reasonable guy when he isnt confused/overwhelmed/pretending it would have been an other outcome if the other guy would have been a guy like vinny.
Chad only became violent with MC because he was provoked with the picture and thought it was MC and just went berzerk without thinking.
before that, he was never actually violent. MC is the one that can shove Chad the first day as a dik move.

Reactions: Riaman

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
It was only Caleb because of the treat from burke and tbf the diks started it this time (destroying the alpha windows) and it wasnt a retaliation about the chad/mc conflict, it was about the DIKs/Alphas and kinda unrelated to mc.
yeah, though the alphas destroyed the diks windows first. but whatever the reason, Chad told them to avoid doing anything, but they still did.

Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi
Aug 29, 2023
That's gotta be my most disliked scene from the game.
Maya had made a big, big BIG deal about the MC being 100 percent honest with her. But she hadn’t been honest with him at all. It’s a lie of omission, but still a lie: she permitted him to believe she was single. And he really wanted to be with her. But she’s got a girlfriend, and it’s Josy, and he’s jealous… and confused as hell, because he really likes Josy.

Josy hadn’t lied, and he knowingly cucked her significant other, and was okay with it because he figured Josy was so eager to fuck him, that relationship must be going nowhere. Then he finds out the significant other is Maya, and he feels awful because he really likes Maya. So yeah, Josy didn’t betray him, but she did betray Maya, and involved him, and that bugs him.

Of course if you fucked neither of them because you’re going after Sage or Jill or Isabella instead, this angst makes no sense. Two girls kinda used you to work out some issues with their dysfunctional relationship; to hell with them both, then. Wash your hands of it and move along. But no; now you’re platonic besties for some reason. WTF?

Last edited:

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
DPC does write some things as if he thinks all players would play a certain way, so it then doesn't make sense if the players don't play that way, he's so sure players would do what he expects then he doesn't write an alternative.

DPC was certain that all players would go after Josy and Maya, that early in the game there's very little movement on the Sage, Jill and Bella routes and Josy's already had a sex scene and Maya's basically saying she wants to fuck MC by saying she wants to do her pledge list with him. Because pursuing all girls is no problem until ep 4 (?) (when you have to choose between Jade and the throuple) he doesn't see any reason why players wouldn't have been going after Maya and Josy until that point.

Reactions: ChipLecsap

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Maya had made a big, big BIG deal about the MC being 100 percent honest with her. But she hadn’t been honest with him at all. It’s a lie of omission, but still a lie: she permitted him to believe she was single. And he really wanted to be with her. But she’s got a girlfriend, and it’s Josy, and he’s jealous… and confused as hell, because he really likes Josy.

Josy hadn’t lied, and he knowingly cucked her significant other, and was okay with it because he figured Josy was so eager to fuck him, that relationship must be going nowhere. Then he finds out the significant other is Maya, and he feels awful because he really likes Maya. So yeah, Josy didn’t betray him, but she did betray Maya, and involved him, and that bugs him.

Of course if you fucked neither of them because you’re going after Sage or Jill or Isabella instead, this angst makes no sense. Two girls kinda used you to work out some issues with their dysfunctional relationship; to hell with them both, then. Wash your hands of it and move along.
Maya's character is written to be hated, at least at first. otherwise the line about 100% honest doesn't really make sense in that situation (is that something to ask a stranger at the first opportunity?).

has this I would add the terrible seguence whereby after the taser night, when she sees him again, first she asks him for help again, when any person first would have apologized, and even later in her room when she finally should do so, first she tries to avoid confrontation and then ends up lashing out again at MC, who knows little or nothing about her history.

having said that, however, the accusation of lying about the relationship does not make much sense, Josy is no longer answering her calls (because her father took her phone) and previously not that the phone calls went very well between the two, so Maya is convinced that the story is over. when Josy shows up at the door Maya is actually more surprised than MC (who at least knows she was coming)...

Reactions: Riaman

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes