Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I agree with most of it but disagree about the "acts as a party girl to keep her shield up", being a party girl is just part of her personality while she still can be a closed, smart and honest person with people shes close with. I dont see this as contradiction.

But i think its a important part of her personality, sage isnt faking stuff, shes confident to be herself at any time and no matter whos watching, she just has deep trust issues and doesnt like to talk about herself and her problems.
She is balancing. And “keeps her shield to herself” means that she shows her true feelings only to close people. Consequences of upbringing in the Burke family.
Otherwise i agree with everything and DPC enjoys to do this a lot, its exactly the same with Lily. When we first see her she kinda gives off dumb hot blonde bimbo vibes which she isnt at all. He enjoys to give us a wrong picture of the LI's at first and to subvert our expectations.
I still have my doubts about Lily. She is actually very smart and proactive, but this rolling “king and queen” is cringe as fuck.

Zoey was kinda the same, when the MC told the story about her, painting her in a really bad and unlikeable light until we got more information about her decisions and time away.
This could have been handled better by focusing the Interlude more on MC/Zoey past relationship but overall I agree.

Yeah. I agree with everything you say. My theory is only that it was unintentional, or better... It was intentional, but not from the beginning. I'm not here since the beginning, so, I'm just speculating, but I think interest in Sage was lukewarm, and DPC added to her personality to make her more interesting. Of course, we'll never know because he'll never confess, but I base this in two points: 1) my theory of DPC trying to fill every archetype possible in the game, so Sage had to be the cheerleader/queen bee; 2) the fact most characters in DPC's are kinda linear, with no arch, Sage being the exception among the main girls, and Quinn, opening up romantically to the MC, being the other. The other main girls? Most changes are only sexual: Jill losing virginity, Maya liking boys, Bella being able to fuck again, and Josy... Well... Josy being Josy. In the end, the result was good, but, unfortunately it didn't reflect in Sage's wardrobe :LOL:
I'll tell you here, the one who was deliberately rewritten and broken as a character is Jill. Forced changes are visible here. In the first season, she is a sociable girl, has no social problems, and knows how to solve the problems she faces. Jill takes matters into her own hands and helps MC who is facing bullying, Jill effectively turns off Rusty, understands social cues, even notices that MC is using mimicry when they had a slight fight after the incident with Chad.
Season 2 - Jill is a socially awkward autistic until she pulls herself together and roasts Tybalt. Character was rewritten for an audience of fans of Disney princesses.

With Sage it is natural and gradually develops. Maya comes out of her shell step by step and becomes bolder and more relaxed. And we learn that Maya is much stronger than she seems, living in a personal hell and still not going crazy. Bella is still the main mystery of the game, her arc is The Door, Quinn shows a warm side but her character's endgame is unclear, and Josy...you're right. Just Josy.

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023

This week, I worked through a free-roam event and some other story scenes. I also wrote dialogue so that I could continue making the art in chronological order. As static renders were continuously being rendered, I had to do plenty of post-processing and spot rendering (the process involved in fixing clipping issues).

Today, I'm working on the art needed for scenes surrounding Brawler. Next week, I'll be working on canon scenes only and will likely stop working chronologically. There are some gaps in what's written, and I'd rather push on making art than write at the moment.

41 animation files and ~100 static renders are currently in the render queue.

In June, I'll take a few days off here and there, but I won't be taking any week-long vacations this year as I rather work. Even so, I wanted to mention that I won't be working 7-day weeks in June. As always, PCs will be rendering animations 24/7.

Patreon reward
In the fourth week of Art Day renders, it's time to show what the community came up with for Sage. I don't think I have to say what the request was for you to understand it.

Enjoy! Download the 4k and full HD versions from the attachments below. Next Friday will be the final part of the Art Day Patreon reward.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Being a DIK: Far from home:coffee: :HideThePain:

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes