Better Cock Spock

Half Vulcan, Half Simp
Donor
Jul 29, 2017

Dmoll

Aug 12, 2024
Did DPC only remove the 5 (or 8? I forgot how many there were) Friday Prophets song in the 8.3 version? What about 10.1? Did he remove anything else?

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
As I was talking about another game I suddenly realized what bugged me so much about the jill friendship/ non-bella path. Without her connection to the MC, she really has no reason for being at that Halloween party or the ensuing barbeque. She basically feels forced in there for storyline purposes.

Better Cock Spock

Half Vulcan, Half Simp
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
As I was talking about another game I suddenly realized what bugged me so much about the jill friendship/ non-bella path. Without her connection to the MC, she really has no reason for being at that Halloween party or the ensuing barbeque. She basically feels forced in there for storyline purposes.
Pretty common consequence of branching. Can't deviate too much, so stuff like the Halloween party is canon, meaning everyone has to be there. As such, you get some throwaway lines to handwave the in-universe reasoning (Josy invited Jill, Jill convinces Bella) and voila.

shazba jnr

Feb 3, 2024
Dude, you must post it. That's the law!
okay here is a scene i wrote with Sage and Quinn , If you are interest you can read.thanks
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I couldn't finish it dude, sorry. I also want to rescind my previous statement, the law has been changed. o_O

I suggest you create a thread in the off topic section called, "Being a DIK - Fan Fiction". Yeah, that might be a good idea. :whistle:

Mordreut

Sep 8, 2020
Our breakdown was you needed 180 credit hours to graduate, so in order to graduate in 4 years, you needed to average 45 hours a year which broke down to any combination of 15 hours per trimester.
In my case, It was a 3 years degree and it was a total of 223 credits, being 1 credit the equivalent of 10 hours

Mordreut

Sep 8, 2020
I tried it, it didn't work :LOL:
I'll try to download the game - split version, maybe this will help
I had some problems the first time I installed one month ago, so I will try to explain what i did:

First of all, delete the whole folder. Then download and unzip the 1&2 season and be sure its the 0.8.3 version (if you download the 0.8.2 compressed version you will have problems) At this point, you should be able to play until chapter 2

For the season 3, download and unzip the 0.9 version. To apply the 0.10.1, you must download and open it. Inside the patch zip you will find a text archive with easy and clear instructions about where you should move the archive on the patch zip

Just in case, don't delete the zips until the game is running ok, so if you have any problem, you can delete all the folders and restart the whole process without downloading again

Last edited:

Mordreut

Sep 8, 2020
If you aren't on Bella's path, she being in the Halloween party is too forced, but as Spock said, it's the problem of branching. To maintain the main story with all the protagonist, some scenes, even plots, can be unnecessary. For example when Josy and Maya rejects you during episode 4, I will love to have the option to break the whole friendly relationship, but I understand it is impossible because Tremolo is essential to the whole Maya's history

Reactions: iamcomming

MiltonPowers

Twins Basil! Twins!
Donor
Jul 26, 2023
If you aren't on Bella's path, she being in the Halloween party is too forced, but as Spock said, it's the problem of branching. To maintain the main story with all the protagonist, some scenes, even plots, can be unnecessary. For example when Josy and Maya rejects you during episode 4, I will love to have the option to break the whole friendly relationship, but I understand it is impossible because Tremolo is essential to the whole Maya's history
It's pretty normal in non harem games that you have to keep interacting with the LI's you have rejected. Where DPC excels is the dialogue coding and pathing depending on whether you are on friendship or romance path. In far too many games, you break up with an LI and then spend the rest of the time flirting with and drooling over her, (basically just skipping sex scenes), until different endings.

Here, using Sage as an example, if you are on a friendship path with her, it's a real friendship. you hang out without flirting or asking what color her underwear is. Just buddies catching up, without sexual tension. If you're on romance, then it is romantic and sexual. Considering how many other devs fail at getting it right, DPC does a marvelous job.

Better Cock Spock

Half Vulcan, Half Simp
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
It's pretty normal in non harem games that you have to keep interacting with the LI's you have rejected. Where DPC excels is the dialogue coding and pathing depending on whether you are on friendship or romance path. In far too many games, you break up with an LI and then spend the rest of the time flirting with and drooling over her, (basically just skipping sex scenes), until different endings.

Here, using Sage as an example, if you are on a friendship path with her, it's a real friendship. you hang out without flirting or asking what color her underwear is. Just buddies catching up, without sexual tension. If you're on romance, then it is romantic and sexual. Considering how many other devs fail at getting it right, DPC does a marvelous job.
Good point Milton :giggle:

Also I forgot to mention earlier, nice job with your new sig ;)
I see a lovely angel who graced it with her presence :love:

• Red Heart
Reactions: MiltonPowers
4.80 star(s) 1,545 Votes